• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you could be a dinosaur... (Also general dinosaur discussion)

Fhqwhgads101

Smash Rookie
No dinosaur is more evil than a Nazi dinosaur. I'll go extinct anyways, so there's no need to fret about complete dominance over the modern world, only the Jurassic one.

But being a plain ol' Nazi? Oh god, no. You'd never get me to goose step around in that silly brown uniform.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It has now been quoted and forever preserved in the SWF historical record. Let it be known to all future generations that Teran would be willing to become a Nazi.
Well unfortunately, due to having dark hair and dark eyes, I wouldn't survive long.
But a Nazi T-Rex is just so much better than anything Medal of Honor can throw at ya.
And Cardinal Rottweiler aka Pope Benedict was a Nazi.

marthmaster59

Smash Journeyman
Majungatholus/Majungasaurus.

if you want more information on them, please look here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majungatholus

they have a crapload of horns on their head, which they use as batting rams
that have very strong leg power,and likewise, small and practically useless arms
they were my favorite ever since i saw a special on history channel

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Well, it's only a theory that T-Rexes died when they fell down(yes, almost all facts about dinosaurs are theories), but it seems unlikely.

Now, t-rex being a predator more than a scavenger is unlikely, but I'm not feeling energetic enough to get into that.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Well, it's only a theory that T-Rexes died when they fell down(yes, almost all facts about dinosaurs are theories), but it seems unlikely.

Now, t-rex being a predator more than a scavenger is unlikely, but I'm not feeling energetic enough to get into that.
T-rex was too kickass to be a scavenger.

Besides, why would a scavenger need so much horsepower backing it up? The thing definately hunted at least once in a while.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
A velociraptor as long as I got to be in a pack with my Ken, since he's a Survivor and all.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
T-rex was too kickass to be a scavenger.

Besides, why would a scavenger need so much horsepower backing it up? The thing definately hunted at least once in a while.
Theory was that its size was to scare off other dinosaurs from their kill. Also, because of the size, it makes it more unlikely to run after prey. If t-rex ran 40 miles per hour and fell, its own weight would crush and kill itself. I was reading before that it would probably have to go around 15 miles an hour for a fall not to seriously injure or instantly kill it. That's not very fast for catching prey.

Also, the leg design is more suitable for an animal that walks more than runs. The femur and shin are close to the same size. Most creatures with those leg proportions are walking animals(like us). Animals made for running(like say, an ostrich or velociraptor), had a very short femur. Scavengers want to walk for long periods of time so they can find a carcass.

Add in his short arms, the fact that t-rex had an amazing sense of smell(like scavengers are wont to have), and really all signs point to scavenger. Yeah, t-rexes probably hunted some when the prey was easy, but overall probably not.

Peeze

Smash Master
Theory was that its size was to scare off other dinosaurs from their kill. Also, because of the size, it makes it more unlikely to run after prey. If t-rex ran 40 miles per hour and fell, its own weight would crush and kill itself. I was reading before that it would probably have to go around 15 miles an hour for a fall not to seriously injure or instantly kill it. That's not very fast for catching prey.

Also, the leg design is more suitable for an animal that walks more than runs. The femur and shin are close to the same size. Most creatures with those leg proportions are walking animals(like us). Animals made for running(like say, an ostrich or velociraptor), had a very short femur. Scavengers want to walk for long periods of time so they can find a carcass.

Add in his short arms, the fact that t-rex had an amazing sense of smell(like scavengers are wont to have), and really all signs point to scavenger. Yeah, t-rexes probably hunted some when the prey was easy, but overall probably not.
Women like Dinosaurs, got it.

Best Dino by far:

This beast was so massive, its skull alone was 6 feet long. And the name? Spinosaur. Yeah. F*** T-rex.
Also lol at the thread title.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
While technically pterosaurs aren't dinosaurs, I would want to be one anyways :)

The fact that they could fly and were pretty much the only things in the sky would seal the deal for me. But if I had to pick a real dinosaur, then probably a bracchiosaurus. They are just so big: you can just walk around all day and not really have to worry about things killing you since you are the size of a building.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Keep in mind that tyrannosaurus was hunting hadrosaurs, which weren't exactly the fastest things in the cretacious but had the bulk to fend off most smaller predetors. The animal probably wouldn't have to run much more than 1o miles an hour to catch one.

This is true, I remember hearing about this a long time ago. Perhaps it would try to outlast its slow-moving prey?

[qoute]Add in his short arms, the fact that t-rex had an amazing sense of smell(like scavengers are wont to have), and really all signs point to scavenger. Yeah, t-rexes probably hunted some when the prey was easy, but overall probably not.[/quote]

It didn't need arms, seeing as how massive the animal's jaws were. I think that he was moreso a predator that could scavenge rather than a scavenger that could hunt.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Women like Dinosaurs, got it.

Best Dino by far:

This beast was so massive, its skull alone was 6 feet long. And the name? Spinosaur. Yeah. F*** T-rex.
Also lol at the thread title.
This dinosaur is awesome. Todd Marshall puts like, a million spikes over his dinosaur drawings. Lol.

Spinosaurus' are freaking sweet, too. They're kinda tied with raptors for me.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I would be a Triceratops from the Original Power Rangers lol..

Nah but really aside from being a tri, I always liked the "All Mighty" T-Rex, he's obviously the most feared and most ferocious of them all.

This thread reminded me of Jurassic Park as well.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Brachiosaur

I vividly remember grinding in the Tyranosaur Forest in FF6 and facepalming myself whenever they used Disaster on me. They were some tough sobs on your first playthrough.

Top Bottom