• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you could add one more character to all the Smash games

Blitzwing

Smash Cadet
Smash Bros had its history with cut fighters, obviously. And its always sad when those characters either have to wait it out, or don't get included at all. But, I wanted to ask the community, if a Smash game could have one more fighter from each game, who would it be?

64: This one is difficult. The characters who were on my mind was Marth, Bowser, Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Banjo-Kazooie and King Dedede. I decided to go with Marth. Because Fire Emblem was a prominent. Not really a huge Fire Emblem fan, but I think Marth would fit in 64 nicely. The reason I didn't choose latter is because I think the villains would be better saved for Melee. Also, Banjo-Kazooie were fairly new stars (appearing first in Diddy Kong Racing), so they would have to sit it out for a bit.

Melee: Honestly, if any one character could join Melee to me it would've been Wario. Sakurai has said himself, that Wario was a character he did heavily consider and want, but he couldn't make it in cause he didn't want him to be a clone or semi-clone. The biggest change to Wario here is he would've been based off of the Wario Land series rather than Warioware, cause that series hasn't launched yet. Though, if Wario did stick around for the sequel, it's likely Warioware elements would of been added to his moveset and design. To what extent, we don't know.

Brawl: Here, I think a third-party character would fit the ranks. Brawl only had two, but a third character would help the roster out. This character was Mega Man. Nintendo and Capcom are very buddy/buddy, so the blue bomber joining the fight alongside Mario, Soild Snake, and Sonic, just makes a lot of sense.

SSB4: With Smash 4, I would've gone with Rayman. Rayman Legends was only a year old, and Rayman was a trophy in that game... so why wouldn't they get him. But, there are other characters who I think could also fit, like Inkling from Splatoon, Shadow the Hedgehog, and a Tekken character.

Ultimate: Ultimate added a bunch of third party characters, and it was hard to come to a conclusion. Ones who came to mind was Master Chief, Rayman, Nightmare, Chun-Li, Astral Chain, Shadow the Hedgehog, Eggman/Robotnik, and plenty more. But, there is one character who was a big missed opportunity, and that was Crash Bandicoot. Crash has been requested ever since the first ever Smash ballot in 1999, Activision has partnered with Nintendo before with Skylanders and Crash came back into prominence with the N.Sane Trilogy, Nitro Fueled and Crash 4. Also it just makes sense cause Ultimate was the game that added the most requested fighters with Crash being on the top of multiple people's lists, to the point he was just expected to be in the game. So everyone was surprised when he didn't make it in. Crash is well-known in Japan, so Sakurai very likely knows who Crash is. Ontop of that he is just one of the most recognizable characters in gaming, so Crash throwing hands with Nintendo and Sega like old times sake would be a smashing time.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
64: Marth, mainly because I couldn't justify giving any non Mario or Pokemon series a second fighter. Plus he absolutely came from an important enough series at the time.
Melee: Rather than go with Wario, I actually think I'd add Takamaru to the lineup; this would retroactively add Takamaru to Ultimate's roster.
Brawl: A tough one, but I think the best option goes to adding Dixie as she was intended, also retroactively adding her to Ultimate's roster.
Smash 4: Prior to the advent of them being horrible (being Activision) and to soften the blow of negotiations for Banjo not finishing up yet, I'd say Crash, to give a different platforming mascot and something different to all the other new fighter DLC being anime style characters and not having any scrimblo bimblos; naturally he'd be retroactively added to Ultimate's roster.
Ultimate: It just feels wrong that Sonic still doesn't have a second fighter when FF, SF, and Castlevania each got one. An extra villain would be nice, and Eggman would round out the iconic villain quartet of himself/Bowser/Sephiroth/Ganon.

Edit: Now that I've thought about it, I think I'd switch Dixie for Isaac to represent an additional series that would've been relevant at the time and for more unique moveset potential. An earthbender archetype with some sword moves and the ability to reposition people around isn't something Brawl or even any later Smash game had. Brawl didn't have even close to as many swordfighters as we do nowadays so I think another isn't too unwarranted.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
64: Muddy Mole - pretty much Muddy's one and only chance of getting into Smash.

Melee: Duck Hunt - easily the most obvious retro rep and other than Wario, (who I'm glad sat out because of his Ware moveset) Diddy Kong, and maybe Charizard probably the biggest Nintendo all-star absent from Melee.

Brawl: Jill & Drill Dozer - like Muddy, this was Jill's one and only chance.

Wii U/3DS: Daisy - feels really weird to have Rosalina but not Daisy even as a side-over-protag enjoyer. Probably would've saved us from a lot of fandom drama too.

Ultimate: PaRappa the Rapper - having no Sony reps nor rhythm game reps in what is building itself up as a "celebration of gaming history" is inexcusable.

As a bonus, here's extra characters for the DLC cycles. Daisy would be base game while PaRappa would be DLC

3DS/Wii U DLC: Crash Bandicoot - as Gryffindor mentioned, unless you count Lucas (a cartoonishly designed character from a dark JRPG) or Mewtwo (a "cool" JRPG character from a relatively silly franchise filled with other more cartoonish characters) there was no scrimblo DLC.

Ultimate base: Waluigi - does this one need explaining?

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
64: Marth
Fire Emblem was relevant at the time. I’d give Bowser an honorable mention since he is the most notable villain, but I wanted series diversity for this one.

Melee: Wario
He was the biggest Nintendo all-star missing outside of maybe Diddy, who was in a grey area at the time in terms of copyright.

Brawl: Mewtwo (if not allowed then Villager)
Mewtwo was a popular pokemon, and it feels odd seeing it miss the cut in Brawl. If I can only choose newcomers, then I’ll go with Villager since Animal Crossing was popular at the time even if it is not to the degree of its current popularity.

For: Ridley
I’m indifferent to Ridley, but he was a big request at the time, and there is no feasible way to bring in the Ice Climbers or Pokemon Trainer.

Ultimate: Tidus
This is just pure bias. Otherwise, I guess I would’ve added another Sega character like Tails or Arle.

My picks:
Smash 64: Marth - well, he was planned to be in 64, so yes.

Melee: ExciteBiker - He was planned to be Melee character, but he was crapped due to his issues. I pick him, because he is one of Iconic NES Nintendo Characters.

Brawl: Dixie Kong - She was one of Planned characters and she was also popular pick.

SSB4: Chibi-Robo - One of Modern Nintendo titles and his games sold well, so he could join the Roster. Also, he was requested for SSB4 back then.

SSB4 DLC: Rayman - He appeared on Wii U recently back before SSB4 released and he could fit.

SSBU: Crash - He is one of most iconic Video Game characters and he could join the Roster. Also Activision representation is a good idea.

SSBU fighter pass vol. 1: Karate Joe - Another first party pick from semi-popular franchise.

SSBU fighter pass vol. 2: Jonesy (Fortnite) - His games was popular in 2018 and he could join the Roster because of that.

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
64: Bowser for villain representation
Melee: Lugia for a second Legendary
Brawl: Mewtwo for a returning Legendary
Game 4: Wolf for a returning Star Fox fighter
Ultimate: Knuckles for a second Sonic rep (Shadow is easier but Knuckles is my preferred choice)

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
64: Marth, because Fire Emblem was an important, popular series in Japan.
Melee: Scizor, because it feels slightly insulting to have "worse Pichu" as the only gen 2 rep. So, I wanna fix that by adding one more, and I think Scizor, repping the new evolutions of gen 2 and the then-new Steel type, is the best choice.
Brawl: Dixie Kong. I like the original concept of having Diddy and Dixie as a tag team character too much to pass Dixie up.
Smash 4: Dr. Eggman. Still feels weird that the Sonic series only has one rep, and he'd fit in with a lot of the Smash 4 characters being projectile- and trap- based.
Ultimate: Geno. He feels like the cherry on top of long-requested characters getting in after K Rool, Ridley, and Banjo & Kazooie made it.

An avarage Doc main

Smash Rookie
64: Bowser
Brawl: Miis
Sm4sh: K. Rool or Chrom
Ultimate: Either Crash or Rayman
I feel like for the previous smash games, it makes sense to just add characters that eventually made it to later games, but would still make sense for the time of that game's release.

Overvo1d

Smash Rookie
Tails or Knuckles for Ultimate -- I reckon after 3 games it's time for a second Sonic rep!

edit.. or Robotnik, or Metal Sonic etc..

Last edited:

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
64: :ultwario:
Yes, technically another Mario character, but he was such a big character that it feels almost necessary to have him in.

Melee: :ultkingdedede:
A very popular character and happened to place high on the Smash 2 poll. With Wario already in, he would've scored higher.

Brawl: Toad :ultkrool::ultridley:
Three characters? Yes, with Wario and Dedede already in, their newcomer slots can be used to add to the rogues' gallery. I explained my reasonings for Toad on the "add one more character to Brawl" thread.

For: Travis Touchdown
Suda51 requested him after Brawl came out. His game has a cult following amongst gamers and creator requests are the only reason we have third parties in Smash.

DLC: Isaac
I'm almost certain that he placed high on the Smash Ballot. Plus, his series had only died off a few years ago and enough interest could be garnered to warrant a sequel.

Ultimate: Dixie Kong, Bandana Dee, and pretty much any Sonic character
K. Rool and RIdley were added previously, so Dixie and Bandana Dee can be added in. With his history and rivalry with Nintendo and for how iconic he is, Sonic honestly deserves another character, echo or not and I'd be fine with any of the series mainstays getting in.

FP1: Zero
Kind of a biased pick if I'm being honest. That being said, Capcom didn't get a rep in either FP1 or 2 and the X series is just as popular as the Classic series. Similarly to Isaac, his inclusion could lead to another X game, which may already be a possibility, given the sales of the X Legacy Collection.

FP2: Goku
I'm dead serious. He'd be an insane and grandiose way to end off the game and would bring an impact bigger than any other character has beforehand.
Actually, ignore this and pretend that a Rhythm Heaven character gets added instead somewhere before Sora. :p

If we're talking veterans for Brawl and For, then, like BowserKing BowserKing said, bring back Mewtwo and Wolf.

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
64: Zelda (It's odd to me that Mario and Pokemon got additional fighters but the Zelda games, one of Nintendo's biggest moneymakers at the time, didn't)
Melee: King Boo (Luigi's Mansion was a launch title for the 'Cube. Might as well give it more notice)
Brawl: Little Mac (The Assist Trophy data is there, might as well go all the way)
WiiU/3DS: Viridi (Rounding out the big four of KI:U with a potentially SUPER fun fighter)
Ultimate: Ribbon Girl (Favorite video game character. I weep for how she was passed up in the second Fighters' Pass)

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
based on what i remember wanting the most for each smash game after i finally saw the full character roster
64: Mewtwo
Melee: Banjo & Kazooie
brawl: Ridley
smash 4: Sora
Ultimate: Shantae

Ocar777

Smash Rookie
64: Waluigi, they could have just reused his model from Mario tennis
Melee: AiAi super monkey ball
Brawl: Knuckles or Big the Cat
Smash4: Koopa/paratroopa
ultimate: Crash Bandicoot

volbound1700

Smash Master
64: Bowser
Brawl: Megaman
3DS/Wii U: Simon Belmont
Ultimate: Rayman

Honorable Mention that is off topic: I want real Mii Costumes for Knuckles and Tails in line with Sans costume and not the ones we got.

Veca Gorebyss

Smash Journeyman
♦

a reasonbly good-moving. larger than charizard. a bit. but notably not just bowser height. pokemon.

kanghaskan? dragonite?

there is way to do it and have it still feel like youre not controlling say "master hand". "button input command" situation.

and have it feel like youre reasonably "as" a "just a rather larger" character.

♦

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Smash 64: Banjo-Kazooie (assuming that they'd be options - if they aren't, then Zelda)
Melee: King Dedede
Brawl: Mega Man
Smash 4: Geno
Ultimate: Dante from the Devil May Cry series

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Changing mine again, with tall of this asusming each game had as much time as needed:
  • 64: Meowth (replacing Jigglypuff)
  • Melee:
    • Wario
    • Diddy Kong
    • Scizor (replacing Pichu)
    • Ayumi Tachibana (replacing Dr. Mario)
  • Brawl: DeMille (replacing Toon Link, if Brawl had more time)
  • 3DS / Wii U:
    • Rayman
    • Azura (replacing Corrin)
  • Ultimate (base game):
    • Bandana Waddle Dee
    • Rowlet
    • Pyra / Mythra
    • Min Min
    • Alph
    • Celica
  • Fighters Pass:
    • Crash Bandicoot (Vol. 1)
    • Estelle Bright (Vol. 1)
    • Banjo & Kazooie (Vol. 1, replacing Byleth)
    • Dr. Eggman (Vol. 2)
    • Ring Fit Trainee (Vol. 2)

Last edited:
Top Bottom