• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If Ganondorf makes it into Brawl, what moves would you want them to keep on him?

Torchico

Smash Rookie
I made a thread like this ages ago, before the great wars... it was locked I belive, and surpassed to darkness where it was slowly forgotten... All because this wasn´t the "Brawl Discussion Thread".
But needless to say, I wouldn´t mind keeping the Vulture Kick, the Hidden Gauntlet and the Thunder Punch!

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
I agree for all his aerials, but please change the crescendo kick Nintendo... only use it once in a while just for kicks or for scaring opponent.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
all his arials but the nair
all his tilts but the up
his forward and up smash
i wish his up-b could sweet spot the edge, and they need to change his foward-b + neutral-b.

Give him falco lazers that he shoots from his eyes or something, he looks enough like a black superman.

It'd be nice if they gave him his sword, changed the animations, but kept his attack statistics relatively the same (range, damage, knockback, etc)

Deception

Smash Ace
all his arials but the nair
all his tilts but the up
his forward and up smash
i wish his up-b could sweet spot the edge, and they need to change his foward-b + neutral-b.

Give him falco lazers that he shoots from his eyes or something, he looks enough like a black superman.

It'd be nice if they gave him his sword, changed the animations, but kept his attack statistics relatively the same (range, damage, knockback, etc)
I agree with all that, except I wouldn't want all his attacks to be sword or magic based, since his melee moves are cool looking too. His warlock punch should be replaced with his energy ball, and he can charge cancel it.

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
Haha, ganon with a sword? Image his Fair...... with the added range of a sword! His fsmash can be like marth, only since he has huge arms and a large sword, he'll have way more range and knockback.

Magus420

Smash Master
Nah, he'll have Marth's f-air, but because he's so much more badass he'll be able to do it 3 times in one shorthop. These would also sling 3 projectile warlock punch lasers with each swing in every direction obviously.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
gannon should be immune to everyones attacks except links and he should be able to punch holes in the side of stages so he can climb up them, cause gannon is just badass

Fafnir

Smash Apprentice
He should keep his stomp, and the rest of his airials should be altered so they would fit use with a sword.

His special moves should be completely overhauled, and his forward smash should be kept, although instead of thrusting his elbow, he should thrust his sword(can you imagine the range 0_0). His up tilt should be replaced, and the rest of his moveset altered to use a sword.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
He should keep his stomp, and the rest of his airials should be altered so they would fit use with a sword.

His special moves should be completely overhauled, and his forward smash should be kept, although instead of thrusting his elbow, he should thrust his sword(can you imagine the range 0_0). His up tilt should be replaced, and the rest of his moveset altered to use a sword.
My thoughts precisely. I would hate to see them change Ganon into a Marth move set character. Where would the fun be in winning if its a OMG range swipe everytime?

Kimosabae

Smash Journeyman
Ganon (along with Sheik) has been confirmed to be in Brawl some time ago in an obscure online interview with Game Informer (i think it was GI, I can vaguely recall) speaking with Zelda director Eiji Aonuma(sp?).

I'm too lazy to look for the link, so digest an entire salt lick if you wish.

-SynikaL

algandar88

Smash Journeyman
hmmm............if they had the ganon from twilight princess hed b huge ....he was like 2xs bigger than link..............nd he should transform into that final form from orcarina of time

brg

Smash Ace
Not only will ganondorf have a sword, but he will also have a plasma rifle, rocket launcher, lightsaber, neutron grenades and a tazer.

Mama

Smash Ace
Well seeing as how the Twilight Princess (Extremely Pwnage Badass) Ganon's presence is imminent for Brawl I think that his moves will be drastically different (sadly). He'll likely use a sword and have moves similar to some of his moves in TP. I grew really used to the way Ganon was in Melee (I don't care if people consider him a "clone" even though he isn't imo) but after seeing him in TP as cool as he was I'm hoping that they make him as boss as he was in TP.

If I could pick one move I'd pick the Dair. Its a simple kick that I could see as a plausible move even if he does have a sword in hand. I can't wait to see him >.>

Kruton

Smash Ace
He better have that fing sword. What a tease to see him throwing it around after winning a match in Melee!

I hope he keeps his Uair and Dair. Other than that, I think some refreshment would be good, I really think he could have better moves than just being a C.Falcon clone.

algandar88

Smash Journeyman
do u think the moe he had in tp wit the ghost horse would b a final smash...like pitt...........or when he transformed into that thing from orcarina of time

3GOD

Smash Ace
Keep:
All aerials except nair
Jab
Dash attack
Usmash
Dsmash
Down-B
Neutral-B (I'd prefer Volcano Kick over Warlock Punch for this though).
Dtilt
Ftilt
All throws except Fthrow

Change:
Nair SHOULD have good range on the 2nd hit (like CF).
Fsmash should have more knockback (since it's slow).
Side-B could stand to be a little faster and have a little longer reach (like CF again)
Up-B should be sweet-spotable.
Utilt could be more like Samus's maybe.
Grab range could be a little longer (like Marth).
Fthrow - I don't really know since I never use it!

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
You know what... just give him completely different move set. It won't be the Ganon I'm used to or that I like to play. But it won't be a clone like character. IF they give him a sword expect him to be better than he is now, which is near godly.

Fade016

Smash Journeyman
ok im just going to speak for everyone here because no one can deny these moves.

Warlock punch, Volcano kick(utilt best move), and the Jerudo Dragon!(forward b), these moves are the reason gannon players main gannon. O and the Stomp =)

D

Deleted member

GANON IS IN BRAWL PEOPLE

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200708/N07.0802.1741.54921.htm

GI: Have you been consulted at all for the usage of Link or Sheik or Ganondorf for Smash Bros. Brawl?

Aonuma: I’ve been working with Sakurai for a very long time with this new Smash Bros., because the Wii came out and when discussion for a new Smash Bros. took place nobody could think of anyone other than Sakurai working on it. He was kind of the default, and I was very happy to hear that he would be working on it. Actually, my designers did work on the designs for Sheik and Link and Ganondorf. So they submitted the initial designs, and so it would fit in the Smash Bros. Brawl environment, they’ve had to tweak some of the designs. But Sakurai has brought those altered designs to NCL. We’re working very closely with the team of Smash Bros. Brawl to make sure the characters look their best.

jesus christ this is like the 90th thread on "is ganon/shiek in brawl?!?!"

and on topic, he should keep his melee moves >_> or at least get the moves from the fight with him in hyrule field (loz:tp final fight)

iownu1337

Smash Rookie
he should have a move where he throws a ball of energy, just like in zelda. It charges fast and can be cancelled, but it can also be bounced back by any move involving a sword. Than he should have a sword and play tennis with the energy ball.

Top Bottom