• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ideal secondaries for Ness?

PKNintendo

Smash Master
It was bound to come up sooner or later.

In my opinion it's definetely Falco. He covers his bad matchups (cept Marth) quite well, and is a force to be reckoned with. I don't particularly care for the character though.

Masky

Smash Master
I'm actually looking for a secondary too... I tried Pikachu for about a month but he's too hard so I think I'm going to replace him. But it has to be someone who's not boring :(

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Masky, don't give up Pikachu. You're gonna need someone who hard counters Meta Naito. As for not boring, use :sonic: or :falcon:.

I recommend Mario, Lucas, and Sawnik because those are the other characters I play. I was considering Game & Watch, but he's not low tier, so I decided not to. Plus he murks Ness/Lucas, so that'd make me some kind of traitor.

But yeah... this topic is a clone of the other one.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I actual use Lucas, Wario and Luigi as secondaries. Regardless of how good they were.

xoxokev

Smash Lord
Oh gawsh, there are so many choices... Here's a list of characters that I use for fun; And some fun stuff you can do with them to not be boring

-Lucas: well I used to main him; he has a lot more AT's than Ness
-Diddy Kong: learn2be annoying with bananas
-Wario: great recovery; dair is like Ness' fair; he can eat stuff
-Mario: F.L.U.D.D. + Cape = win; utilt lock from 0-~30%
-Fox: shine cancels momentum; SH dair -> ______ combos
-Ice Climbers: learn2chain grab :)

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
You only really need Ness...The best secondary would probably be captain falcon.

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
I prefer the good captain!
Yes, I use C. Falcon competitivley.

Oh and uffe, if that's true then I'll play you falcone dittos sometime.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
Any aerial character can work well as a secondary. Honestly though, Ref is right. Ness is good in his own right.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
If you're talking Falco I figure it would be the other way around.
Ness being the secondary, but yeah.
I would say a good Ness secondary would be...Link.
Playing Ness helped my Link game(Helping me figure out how to utilize both of my jumps to the best), figuring out how to effectively use all my projectiles, to deal with a gimpable recovery, among other things.

Keys1281

Smash Journeyman
I didn't realize when I started maining Ness, but my secondaries are now Zelda, Marth, Falco, and Falcon for fun/owning with lowest tier.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I have Kirby and Toon Link. Both which still need work since all I ever use is Ness.

RoxburyGuy58

Smash Journeyman
Meta-Knight is the best choice, in my opinion. Easy to learn, not too hard to master, and he covers most of Ness's bad matchups. Like Ness, he has good aerial game, and is lightweight. So if your playstyle is mainly small, lightweight character with good aerial game, then MK is a good option.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
MK seems to be recieving the fox hate for being the way he is in brawl. He's my former main, but I'd avoid mentioning him as a secondary. He does work well though.

Top Bottom