• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers Matchup Discussion REVAMPED - Week 1 Snaaaaaaaakeeeee

2-DJeff

Smash Master
nah im good asking ppl is always good too
any body?
why you got so much hate for ppl? lol is this why the match up discussion never got finished? lmao

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
But seriously guys, before we move on to ZSS or something else, anyone have anything productive to say about the TL matchup?

Or else, I'll be leaving you guys to work on my secondary. Because the advice so far has been to do that lol

2-DJeff

Smash Master
But seriously guys, before we move on to ZSS or something else, anyone have anything productive to say about the TL matchup?

Or else, I'll be leaving you guys to work on my secondary. Because the advice so far has been to do that lol
well since theres no toonlinks in my area except 2nlio i cant really say anything but its hard lol.
I just need help with ZSS before saturday

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
why you got so much hate for ppl? lol is this why the match up discussion never got finished? lmao
Well, like frozen said, these boards got "soft". People like you shouldn't be walking around here unsafe from us flaming you really.

When I first got here (well actually, like 6 months after I got here) Frozen flamed me saying that I wouldn't "make the cut" and thats what kinda willed me on.

I just need help with ZSS before saturday
Trying not to get ***** by Nick Riddle, I see. Just play yourself and actually try to read, thats more important than any matchup knowledge.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Well, like frozen said, these boards got "soft". People like you shouldn't be walking around here unsafe from us flaming you really.

When I first got here (well actually, like 6 months after I got here) Frozen flamed me saying that I wouldn't "make the cut" and thats what kinda willed me on.

Trying not to get ***** by Nick Riddle, I see. Just play yourself and actually try to read, thats more important than any matchup knowledge.
i already played nick with gnw
and yea he wanted to MM. after i play esam. i played mink alot today and i played D-tor in the past. I just want to know what attacks can i grab her OOS with.
About the flaming thing, its just my natrural reaction to defend myself. I could understand if i got ***** in tourneys and play this charater, but i dont. I see what you mean though. Its just sometimes its dumb when im just trying to be cool with everyone. Ive seen Hobos IC and no comment on that but i dont bash him about it.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I played 2nlio with my ICs online. It went to last stock, last hit. I just play ICs like a normal character against Toon Link. Desynching only leads to him keeping you guys separated if he gets a bomb in. Which he'll inevitably do. Just Blizzard him when you've got him backed into a corner and run away when he takes to the air. He's gotta come down sometime.

I mean, I look at this match-up from a Sonic perspective, where I'm always breathing down his neck. Toon Link can't camp if he has no room to do so.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
I played 2nlio with my ICs online. It went to last stock, last hit. I just play ICs like a normal character against Toon Link. Desynching only leads to him keeping you guys separated if he gets a bomb in. Which he'll inevitably do. Just Blizzard him when you've got him backed into a corner and run away when he takes to the air. He's gotta come down sometime.

I mean, I look at this match-up from a Sonic perspective, where I'm always breathing down his neck. Toon Link can't camp if he has no room to do so.
did you save the replay? we could really use it

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
About the flaming thing, its just my natrural reaction to defend myself. I could understand if i got ***** in tourneys and play this charater, but i dont. I see what you mean though. Its just sometimes its dumb when im just trying to be cool with everyone. Ive seen Hobos IC and no comment on that but i dont bash him about it.
Well, to be "cool" with people in the boards (Actually, this could apply to real life stuff.) is to take the opinions of the people around here more seriously and not trying to inject you opinion in so hard. Even if you don't want to take our opinions seriously yourself, just SAY that you'll think about it. Be more humble towards everyone who has been around here much longer, especially because these boards used to HATE new people because everytime new people came through they would come in saying "Hey how do you CG [insert character here]?" then leave out and we'd never hear of them again.

Now the little things that we get on you about (such as spelling and punctuation) is because bad spelling really makes you seem like (to me at least) that you don't really care and just want to boost your own ego on the boards, even though you just came on through one day and started posting.

tl;dr Just be more humble towards us around here, even if it means NOT posting or responding to something. And fix your sentence structure boy.

Hope you actually take in all this.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Well, to be "cool" with people in the boards (Actually, this could apply to real life stuff.) is to take the opinions of the people around here more seriously and not trying to inject you opinion in so hard. Even if you don't want to take our opinions seriously yourself, just SAY that you'll think about it. Be more humble towards everyone who has been around here much longer, especially because these boards used to HATE new people because everytime new people came through they would come in saying "Hey how do you CG [insert character here]?" then leave out and we'd never hear of them again.

Now the little things that we get on you about (such as spelling and punctuation) is because bad spelling really makes you seem like (to me at least) that you don't really care and just want to boost your own ego on the boards, even though you just came on through one day and started posting.

tl;dr Just be more humble towards us around here, even if it means NOT posting or responding to something. And fix your sentence structure boy.

Hope you actually take in all this.
i just type how i text on the phone. Short and simple. But if you guys "on the IC boards" are really having trouble, I will type in a more capable manner. "The whole leave and not come back thing" Is something I have not done yet.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
The whole "leave and not come back thing" Is something I have not done yet.
"Yet" being the main focus of that statement.

BTW, fixed your quotation placement for you... should probably work on that along with your periods.

Also, "short and sweet" may work for text messages, but this is a forum, where you are given ample time to format and edit your posts before sending them. Keep that in mind before you shove more of your crud onto these boards. Thank you.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
i just type how i text on the phone. Short and simple. But if you guys "on the IC boards" are really having trouble, I will type in a more capable manner. "The whole leave and not come back thing" Is something I have not done yet.
If thats how you text I can respect that, but yeah, you have plenty of time to write and post exactly what you want to say.

"yet" is the key word in the sentence. Didn't think Vinnie would leave so soon, but alas.

/inb4Vinnienamesearches

Smoom77

Smash Master
For Toonlink, um, basically dont focus on grabs at all. This is full of hard reads. You have to approach them even when they have a bomb because they always have a bomb. If they FH then pull a bomb, still chase after them because half the time they won't expect it. Personally this is one of the easiest matchups to pull off a hardread-fair because that's all this matchup is.

Belay trades hit with bombs so it's more safe to throw some grounded ones out.

Desyncing is useless. Maybe some desync IBs sometime but nothing else. Blizzard is very situational, only use it when super close up but they may try to dair immediately after so try to do it under a platform.

If you lose your stock first, you're toast. It's really hard to catch back up for any character really unless you're like MK.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Against TL, just trade uair with bomb (he takes more damage than you do). No matter how good a player the TL is, I'm sure you can make ONE landing read and take a stock with a grab. That should give you the lead you need to time him out, or force legitimate approaches, both of which accomplish the same thing. It's really a test of your item handling ability (catch and throw bombs back, it helps a lot, even if you only actually land one or two, and more importantly dodge them!) and your patience. There's no need to really go for many hard reads. Our aerials are generally safe close to the ground because attempting to punish them with anything but bomb leads to the risk of landing near us, and we know what that means.

I really don't think this matchup is bad, I really need to play MJG ASAP.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Well last night I played my ICs against Lux's TL. Fun times. He had a problem iBombing though. Timing on wifi is a little strict I guess? I just mixed up IBs and generally stayed in his face. When I could anyway...
It's a tad more difficult on BF because he has more options to land and you HAVE to chase him there. Honestly, ban BF and he really shouldn't be hard to catch. He has to land sometime.

Roller

Smash Legend
Well last night I played my ICs against Lux's TL. Fun times. He had a problem iBombing though. Timing on wifi is a little strict I guess? I just mixed up IBs and generally stayed in his face. When I could anyway...
It's a tad more difficult on BF because he has more options to land and you HAVE to chase him there. Honestly, ban BF and he really shouldn't be hard to catch. He has to land sometime.
The problem there is, ban battle field and he can just go Brinstar and do the same thing, while we have a harder time getting around.

DeLux

Ban Brinstar? Also it should be noted, my TL is bad. Very Bad. Just a heads up lol

Prawn

Smash Master
desyncing isnt useless

u guys are dumb

when i top 5 viridian city maybe people will listen to me more

DeLux

Can you change the name of the thread Prawn and update it periodically?

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Not gonna lie Prawn. Desynchin vs TL really isn't the best idea. It's good in VERY limited situations. You NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDD To SQUALLL! I cannot stress how good squall is in this matchup. Other then that you have to be smart and trade hits. I really think that matchup is 57:43 TL

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Ban Brinstar? Also it should be noted, my TL is bad. Very Bad. Just a heads up lol
Yeah, it should be noted it's pretty mediocre. Basically, you pretty much have to win game 1 against TL or strike to BF and on the off chance you lose, you can ban Brinstar on game 3 and he can't CP BF again. Chances are, I won't be going ICs against Toon Link since Sonic and MK have a much easier time with him.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
lol what is all this about BF being bad? It's sooooo much better than smashville against TL. You will never touch him on that moving platform.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
lrn2platcancel.

Hylian, you always use Dair to plat cancel too, you need you learn how to just press down to plat cancel. =/

Also, why not change the names of threads men? You have the authority to, especially since ICGD has had the same name for over a year.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lol are you serious? I was one of the very first people platform cancelling by hitting down.

This video was from 2008:

[yt]_QfoA8k_erY[/yt]

DeLux

I don't understand how platform cancelling helps this particular match up. Please explain?

Smoom77

Smash Master
it helps in this matchup against TL on SV or stages with moving platforms because they will camp you to heck on it. You can get your double jump back by platform cancelling and getting an upair in since you're closer.

Prawn

Smash Master
Can you change the name of the thread Prawn and update it periodically?
no.

Not gonna lie Prawn. Desynchin vs TL really isn't the best idea. It's good in VERY limited situations. You NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDD To SQUALLL! I cannot stress how good squall is in this matchup. Other then that you have to be smart and trade hits. I really think that matchup is 57:43 TL
desyncing ***** vs toon link all the time lol.

completely prevents him from getting back on the edge, desync blizz to sh ib. think edgeguarding rob basically, he cant get off the ledge.

ice block chaser works beautifully if you time his landing to the ground since toon link falls funny

once you get a big percent lead or a stock lead you dont have to approach and you can pivot grab ANY offensive attempt for the most part, aside from like zair lol

lol what is all this about BF being bad? It's sooooo much better than smashville against TL. You will never touch him on that moving platform.
i agree

2-DJeff

Smash Master
aye can we get a look on the MK matchup please? i really need it since people like to go MK against IC, and is surprisingly good with him. -_- I think its a matchup that is needed to be known by IC players.

theNEXUS

Smash Rookie
well i main ice climbers and im just wondering wut i there easiest matchup? please and ty :D

Top Bottom