• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Will Believe In Myself: Miles "Tails" Prower Support Thread

The Snitch Studio

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
3637 4300 0430
There weren't even a lot of votes since it's really just 83 votes. Not all that accurate.
And I think it's been stated that fan polls don't really matter, especially if they're recent like this.
Unless we're talking about DLC. But even then they could always bundle Tails with Shadow If Shads doesn't make it in. Which would be logical.

I know, just wanted an opinion, but I feel some people can be so harsh on Tails. :/

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

GhostStorm

Smash Apprentice
There weren't even a lot of votes since it's really just 83 votes. Not all that accurate.
And I think it's been stated that fan polls don't really matter, especially if they're recent like this.
Unless we're talking about DLC. But even then they could always bundle Tails with Shadow If Shads doesn't make it in. Which would be logical.
Honestly as a whole I don't think a lot of people really understand that 3, 4 years ago people's opinions on certain characters were very different or have become more popular choices over night. Like who the hell was actually talking about Impa or Captain Toad back then?

GhostStorm

Smash Apprentice
To be fair, it'a not the only poll in the world, seeing as the one SG compiled results for has Tails get more love in total votes:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bx0_ETF2mcYwYmk0YWFRbE1vMjg

Even if you only take one of the voting periods, he does have at least one score that goes over 200.
From what I remember he topped Shadow and Knuckles on their more recent poll the one that dropped right before that E3, but honestly that was only a good couple 100 votes....not much at all.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
From what I remember he topped Shadow and Knuckles on their more recent poll the one that dropped right before that E3, but honestly that was only a good couple 100 votes....not much at all.
In any case, the only surefire metric we even have is the ballot, and we still don't know what the results of that is and how well Tails and co. did on it. Not sure why they'd be so secretive about it beyond not wanting to alienate the fanbases of some characters.

Unless of course they'll save that for until after the DLC period ends, so who knows.

Last edited:

GhostStorm

Smash Apprentice
In any case, the only surefire metric we even have is the ballot, and we still don't know what the results of that is and how well Tails and co. did on it. Not sure why they'd be so secretive about it beyond not wanting to alienate the fanbases of some characters.

Unless of course they'll save that for until after the DLC period ends, so who knows.
Sakurai said the choices "came from the ballot" , he never said that he'd chose the highest voted ones exclusively (even if they were reasonable) which is a huge misinterpretation and honestly one of the reasons the result of that ballot will never come out. Anyway, what this most likely means is a character only had to do well to be considered, but Sakurai would make the ultimate decision of if he wanted to include them or not. Like I'm sure Richter is a decently liked character and I love Rondo of Blood, but a lot of people probably didn't even recognize him or Simon--- especially from those reactions I saw. I'm sure the ballot played a part but it was probably more to gauge interest in individual characters rather than who's "a lock" because they ranked the highest on the list.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Sakurai said the choices "came from the ballot" , he never said that he'd chose the highest voted ones exclusively (even if they were reasonable) which is a huge misinterpretation and honestly one of the reasons the result of that ballot will never come out. Anyway, what this most likely means is a character only had to do well to be considered, but Sakurai would make the ultimate decision of if he wanted to include them or not. Like I'm sure Richter is a decently liked character and I love Rondo of Blood, but a lot of people probably didn't even recognize him or Simon--- especially from those reactions I saw. I'm sure the ballot played a part but it was probably more to gauge interest in individual characters rather than who's "a lock" because they ranked the highest on the list.
If ranking in the ballot mattered, the likes of Ashley and Waluigi would be playable by now, yet that didn't happen. So it's definitely a matter of who inspires Sakurai the most than anything.

GlitchWarrior

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3540-4749-2681
I haven't posted here in a while, but I'd rate his chances right now relatively high. It's probably just a gut feeling, but I think come Wednesday, we'll either be let down or rejoice enthusiastically. Probably a bundle reveal with Shadow, like they did with the Belmonts.

GhostStorm

Smash Apprentice
I haven't posted here in a while, but I'd rate his chances right now relatively high. It's probably just a gut feeling, but I think come Wednesday, we'll either be let down or rejoice enthusiastically. Probably a bundle reveal with Shadow, like they did with the Belmonts.
Lol yeah it be pretty disgusting to screw Tails over like that just a few days before his 26th birthday too lmao, and Sega knows even though they more often than not use the November date....just look at some of these tweets.
https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/933002105459130368
https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/934096161358733312

Something else I find interesting is this tweet....
https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/933065376383901696
They dropped Sonic 2 on mobile in celebration of Tails 25th anniversary and like I said I find it very odd that Sonic 2 is dropping again this year around this time.

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
I'm still not that sure the next direct will be this coming week. If there's nothing announced today or tomorrow. I don't think it'll be on Wednesday since I think they'll want at least 2 days notice especially if this is the big base game finale Smash direct.

Maybe if it's just a singular character trailer like Robin & Lucina's trailer back in Smash 4. But I have a gut feeling they're not doing that this time around.

Last edited:

GhostStorm

Smash Apprentice
I'm still not that sure the next direct will be this coming week. If there's nothing announced today or tomorrow. I don't think it'll be on Wednesday since I think they'll want at least 2 days notice especially if this is the big base game finale Smash direct.

Maybe if it's just a singular character trailer like Robin & Lucina's trailer back in Smash 4. But I have a gut feeling they're not doing that this time around.
If not the 10th, something is bound to happen the 11th or 12th. I don't think we'll be getting a direct near later dates in the month like the 15 through the 20th. Especially since I don't think this next direct will be the last information we receive on the game. Something tells me we'll get at the very least 1 character reveal in November like with Isabelle in September.

SonicMario

Smash Master
If not the 10th, something is bound to happen the 11th or 12th. I don't think we'll be getting a direct near later dates in the month like the 15 through the 20th. Especially since I don't think this next direct will be the last information we receive on the game. Something tells me we'll get at the very least 1 character reveal in November like with Isabelle in September.
I don't know, it seems strange to me they'd save the last base game character for a general November direct rather then just lay them all on the table in the Smash direct.

Maybe if there's no DLC character announcement in the Smash direct they could have our first DLC character in a general direct. I do think they're going to finish off the base game roster in whenever the Smash direct is though.

While some would say that contradicts Sakurai's claim of slowing the pace down of reveals. Reminder that column was originally going to be in early-to-mid September, it would of been close to a month ago had the column gone up when it had if it weren't for the direct's delay because of the earthquake. Also nothing slows down the reveals like... having the final direct in say mid-to-late October or even early November and thus "slowed down" to a stop because there are no more base game reveals after that direct. Slow down is rather vague, it could mean they're spreading it out more over the next 2 months. But it could also mean there's just not as many characters/reveals to justify the same pace they had going before.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I am not liking this, it sounds like Sakurai may have a ****ty final lineup and has already given us the hyped characters. The leaks coming out now are mostly terrible lineups with Geno being the only one that has any interest from me.

GhostStorm

Smash Apprentice
I am not liking this, it sounds like Sakurai may have a ****ty final lineup and has already given us the hyped characters. The leaks coming out now are mostly terrible lineups with Geno being the only one that has any interest from me.
Stop trusting these "leaks" (Don't really care for that word, when they're really rumors). They're the worst they've ever been right now with each of them becoming less and less believable, the only guy worth putting any stock into is Vergeben and even then keep a good head about you. That aside be grateful for what we've gotten already. In my mind, I feel like there's definitely more than what we're being led to believe, but if I'm wrong I won't be surprised.

If we go by the standard that there's only a few more characters I believe we'll get: Ken, Incenieroar, Tails, Geno, Isaac and Skull Kid

But if we get some shocking surprise blow out like I feel is a high possibility I see us getting some characters like Shantae, Karate Man, Medusa, Viridi, Lloyd, Dixie, Shadow, Banjo, Rayman, Crash characters along that line. Some type of wild card I feel is coming and its not Geno.......Brawl had Sonic, 4 had Cloud. K.Rool and Ridley were big cards to play at the start.....

SonicMario

Smash Master
I do feel like Tails and Shadow's status all depends on what they allow Sonic to get this game. If Sonic gets an echo, it's going to be Shadow. No one else fits the bill. Even Metal Sonic, the next closest, isn't anywhere near requested as much as Shadow has been.

And if Sonic is allowed to have a semi-clone/unique. It's gotta be Tails. No disrespect meant to Shadow fans who'd like him to be more distinct from Sonic, but Shadow's very much got the body shape and the game history of playing just like Sonic to work him in as an echo. Tails is still an unaccounted for in terms of upgrade for Mii costumes while we know Knuckles' fate already. Tails may just be strangely missing besides the GHZ cameo in the base game but it'll only make him a very, very suspicious DLC candidate if/when that happens regardless or not if Shadow's in the base game as an echo.

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
So I found this leak on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/supersmashbros/comments/9mc8on/smash_ultimate_leak/
It's pretty interesting but I doubt it's real. I wish it was though. A man can dream. Still, I find it interesting that the leak has both Shadow and Tails in it and that they're saying the Direct would be on the Tenth, revealing the two of them.
I guess we aren't the only ones who came up with that idea.
I do feel like Tails and Shadow's status all depends on what they allow Sonic to get this game. If Sonic gets an echo, it's going to be Shadow. No one else fits the bill. Even Metal Sonic, the next closest, isn't anywhere near requested as much as Shadow has been.

And if Sonic is allowed to have a semi-clone/unique. It's gotta be Tails. No disrespect meant to Shadow fans who'd like him to be more distinct from Sonic, but Shadow's very much got the body shape and the game history of playing just like Sonic to work him in as an echo. Tails is still an unaccounted for in terms of upgrade for Mii costumes while we know Knuckles' fate already. Tails may just be strangely missing besides the GHZ cameo in the base game but it'll only make him a very, very suspicious DLC candidate if/when that happens regardless or not if Shadow's in the base game as an echo.
At this point I'm convinced Tails will be DLC, along with Shadow. Vergeban hasn't stated anything about Shadow, and if his sources are true(Which he might not), then he might also not be in.
Obviously, he would have said something about Shadow. You could use the excuse 'Oh, he wants to keep it a surprise' but that's BS.
If you're going to leak the game, at least leak all of it. That's kinda why I don't believe him because he never said anything about King K. Rool, Richter, Chrom or Dark Samus. I know they're all Echo fighter(except K. Rool) but so is Ken(according to him).
But generally Shadow has been in fewer leaks recently, I think Shadow may share Tails' fate for DLC.

Last edited:

GhostStorm

Smash Apprentice
So I found this leak on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/supersmashbros/comments/9mc8on/smash_ultimate_leak/
It's pretty interesting but I doubt it's real. I wish it was though. A man can dream. Still, I find it interesting that the leak has both Shadow and Tails in it and that they're saying the Direct would be on the Tenth, revealing the two of them.
I guess we aren't the only ones who came up with that idea.

At this point I'm convinced Tails will be DLC, along with Shadow. Vergeban hasn't stated anything about Shadow, and if his sources are true(Which he might not), then he might also not be in.
Obviously, he would have said something about Shadow. You could use the excuse 'Oh, he wants to keep it a surprise' but that's BS.
If you're going to leak the game, at least leak all of it. That's kinda why I don't believe him because he never said anything about King K. Rool, Richter, Chrom or Dark Samus. I know they're all Echo fighter(except K. Rool) but so is Ken(according to him).
But generally Shadow has been in fewer leaks recently, I think Shadow may share Tails' fate for DLC.
The leak is BS, but he didn't say there would be a direct or at least maybe it was edited, he only said we'd get a dual announcement that day. On another note, true leaks don't really work that way or at least not always, there are things Vergeben has failed to mention or just doesn't know. He never predicted Richter and has been quiet on a few other characters I think are practically guaranteed to be in the game some way. He's got some credibility, but he's hardly the end all be all. If he was we'd know more drastic details about the game outside of just the character roster, like spirits or other things far in advance. We haven't gotten a Direct announcement yet, so we could be getting a channel reveal or anything in the next couple of days...who knows? But like I said, if those characters aren't in the base game, its over. People would move on to different characters. Sakurai knows people want those characters by now, he shouldn't need any convincing he even went through the trouble of putting Knuckles in the game as an assist....don't see them, NOT adding at the very least 1 of the two to the game.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I feel that we should have had an announcement by now. As stated, it doesn't look good with the dead silence from Nintendo. Also it isn't a great marketing strategy. Nintendo should have had something announced for Smash by now.

The Snitch Studio

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
3637 4300 0430
Just Woke up. If an announcement fir the 10th is made, I'll be the most hyped in a long time, it would be a huge coincidence for that to be done.

I'm seeing some people also say they want Shadow as a unique...thoughts?

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I feel that we should have had an announcement by now. As stated, it doesn't look good with the dead silence from Nintendo. Also it isn't a great marketing strategy. Nintendo should have had something announced for Smash by now.
Now, I would be playing devil's advocate right now and tell everyone to calm down and be patient, rather than expecting and demanding a steady, constant flow of new info. Then I thought about it again — oh, right, we did get a steady, constant flow of new info in the previous two Smash speculation/anticipation cycles. Sakurai's been trying to emulate the Brawl Dojo with the Ultimate official site, which elaborates on game features one at a time, but that's basically just telling us stuff we already know from the E3 and August directs- oh. I guess that's what Sakurai meant by screwing up the pacing of the reveals. Though I wouldn't say this new style of revealing information is wrong, just... different from what we're used to. Ultimate's reveal schedule consists of a small number of far-apart massive reveals, whereas Brawl and Smash 4 had a large number of close-together small reveals. So, in summation, we're feeling starved for new information between reveals because the meaningful reveals are farther apart; the meaningful reveals being bigger doesn't quite counterbalance the time-lapse between them. Hopefully, Sakurai and Nintendo will take this into account and find a better balance between scale and timing of reveals for the next time around.

Last edited:

GhostStorm

Smash Apprentice
Just Woke up. If an announcement fir the 10th is made, I'll be the most hyped in a long time, it would be a huge coincidence for that to be done.

I'm seeing some people also say they want Shadow as a unique...thoughts?
I mean I would to, be way too awkward to randomly put a warp recovery in when that doesn't reflect the rest of his moveset or not give him a completely new run cycle.

SonicMario

Smash Master
But like I said, if those characters aren't in the base game, its over. People would move on to different characters. Sakurai knows people want those characters by now, he shouldn't need any convincing he even went through the trouble of putting Knuckles in the game as an assist....don't see them, NOT adding at the very least 1 of the two to the game.
I assume you're referring to Tails and/or Shadow here? Because this makes it sound like they're relevant characters that if they miss base game they're done for because the timing failed them (Ex: Any pokemon that got advertised heavily since their generation was too early for the Smash development team like Zoroark or any Gen 3 Pokemon)

Tails and/or Shadow are well known 3rd party characters that have stuck around the mainstream since 1992 and 2001 respectively, and could easily be saved for DLC just because

I mean I would to, be way too awkward to randomly put a warp recovery in when that doesn't reflect the rest of his moveset or not give him a completely new run cycle.
They'd change the run cycle at least. Reminder that Dark Samus floats. Run cycle being changed to the skating animation shouldn't be too hard while still being an echo.

Anyway, it doesn't look like there will be any reveals tomorrow since I'm sure it would of been announced by now so RIP the October 10th Tails and/or Shadow dream. The only thing we may conceivably get for a Sonic thing if they time for it is a Sonic remix as music tonight. At this point I'll take that, would be nice to at least know we are getting at least one remix besides that same one from Brawl for Sonic this game.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
I actually hope tonight's music track is a new Sonic track we haven't heard yet. Hopefully something from Sonic Forces or Mania (and I hope it isn't the Angel Island remix that played all throughout Nintendo Treehouse. Yeah, I liked it, but it's something we've already heard).

The Snitch Studio

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
3637 4300 0430
If we get a Sonic song tonight, it better be something different and really good, like Ice Cap, Hydrocity, Chemical Plant, Sunset Hights, I have high hopes for this, but what happens if we don't get a Sonic remix tonight?

SonicMario

Smash Master
If we get a Sonic song tonight, it better be something different and really good, like Ice Cap, Hydrocity, Chemical Plant, Sunset Hights, I have high hopes for this, but what happens if we don't get a Sonic remix tonight?
If there is no Sonic remix. Nothing really. It does still keep some hope that they're saving the Sonic music for a non-echo newcomer in the base game (The music theory may be in doubt now because of Incineroar seeming inevitable and a Pokemon music song showing up anyway. But there is still at least some room to keep it in mind a little since the music updates in mind given it's still kind of suspicious they saved the Animal Crossing music until Isabelle was revealed). But otherwise, it will just be a normal day.

TailsFoxie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8467-4041-5425
Or That Believe in Myself Instrumental Remix from Lost World!
It'll fit right in <3

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
I know this is unlikely but what if we could get a remixed Hidden Palace Zone remix(the cut level from Sonic 2, not Sonic 3)?

GhostStorm

Smash Apprentice
Or That Believe in Myself Instrumental Remix from Lost World!
It'll fit right in <3
Oh wow it had that? That would be dope, but I was thinking since the only Sonic music we have is Green Hill Zone and Angel Island that the next would be an Emerald Hill Zone mix. That be great.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Oh wow it had that? That would be dope, but I was thinking since the only Sonic music we have is Green Hill Zone and Angel Island that the next would be an Emerald Hill Zone mix. That be great.
Emerald Hill Zone's music was in Brawl. I’d be surprised if it doesn't return, though.

Last edited:

GhostStorm

Smash Apprentice
Emerald Hill Zone's music was in Brawl. I’d be surprised if it doesn't return, though.
I know, I mean a remix. Like Gangplank Galleon has had 2 reincarnations now. Bringing back all the level 1 themes for the original Sonic games would be dope.

The Snitch Studio

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
3637 4300 0430
If a Tails Remix is shown today, then it's very clear he might not be in Base, they would have saved that for his Trailer, but if we got a New Character revival tomorrow (and they delay the Sonic Remix (if that is the next one) just for a couple of hours) them MAYBE we could see something cool.

What would everyone say if we didn't get a Song on Wednesday, I know that alone is very unlikely, but what would be pepoles reaction?

GhostStorm

Smash Apprentice
If a Tails Remix is shown today, then it's very clear he might not be in Base, they would have saved that for his Trailer, but if we got a New Character revival tomorrow (and they delay the Sonic Remix (if that is the next one) just for a couple of hours) them MAYBE we could see something cool.

What would everyone say if we didn't get a Song on Wednesday, I know that alone is very unlikely, but what would be pepoles reaction?
Won't go to crazy. Things can always change. If there is a song, which will probably happen...there is a probability that it isn't even a Sonic one. There's a lot of Sonic music we haven't seen yet though so who knows?

Chrono.

New music tonight was Fire Emblem again.

Music Theory dead and Sonic is likely not getting new remixes but just song ports.

The Snitch Studio

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
3637 4300 0430

Music Theory dead and Sonic is likely not getting new remixes but just song ports.
Fire Emblem Again? Hmm...guess the music theory is finished...alright, so we only have the Mii Fighter Costumes left...are odds just shaked a bit, what yall thinking?

TailsFoxie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8467-4041-5425
Fire Emblem Again? Hmm...guess the music theory is finished...alright, so we only have the Mii Fighter Costumes left...are odds just shaked a bit, what yall thinking?
I will take a miracle for me to lose hope!
Not starting now. Keep Believing!

SonicMario

Smash Master
Yep, RIP Music Theory.

Only way you could really follow it now is if you grasp straws/put on a tinfoil hat and say Sakurai saw us all catching wind on how music was going up until now and scrapped the music uploading plan just to hide what's left further.

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman

Well I guess that's a good thing, since we don't have to rely on music to know if Tails makes it in or not. It's still October so, potential reveal for a Sonic character can still happen.
So how do we kill off the box theory now?

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Well I guess that's a good thing, since we don't have to rely on music to know if Tails makes it in or not. It's still October so, potential reveal for a Sonic character can still happen.
So how do we kill off the box theory now?
Wait for Ken to show up and whoever fighter 69 is and have there be information that another news drop for Smash is on the way.

Top Bottom