• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Will Believe In Myself: Miles "Tails" Prower Support Thread

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
All depends if the costume upgrades continue even to DLC characters. I don't think Tails will make the cut for base game but if they're still taking a look at unaccounted for Mii Costumes and even Assist Trophies. Tails may just have a good chance there.

It should at the very least mean Tails gets some bigger role then he had before. Cause as noted several times, Shadow being an echo, Knuckles being an assist, and Tails getting nothing will be odd and outright suspicious heading into the DLC period.
I remember during the Smash Ballot, IGN was campaigning for Tails to get in. That speaks volumes to a certain extent. I think Tails will get in the base roster along with other Mii costumes that will become playable characters.

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
I remember during the Smash Ballot, IGN was campaigning for Tails to get in. That speaks volumes to a certain extent. I think Tails will get in the base roster along with other Mii costumes that will become playable characters.
I wish I had the confidence to say that, but I can at least say I hope you're right.

I however have been thinking DLC Tails ever since "Everyone is Here!" at E3. So I'm just helping those prepare, should that happen

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
I wish I had the confidence to say that, but I can at least say I hope you're right.

I however have been thinking DLC Tails ever since "Everyone is Here!" at E3. So I'm just helping those prepare, should that happen
I still hope that Tails will get in the base game, though at the same time I am prepared for disappointment. Oh well, at least I got Ridley in, and Isabelle looks pretty neat.
Vergeban hasn't leaked Shadow, which is surprising since he must know about his demand. You'd think he'd confirm him to be a fighter or just de-confirm him, but nope.
That holds out hope since both him and Tails could be DLC.
Though I still don't fully trust that guy.
Like my mom said, never trust a leaker! My mom never actually said that.
By the way which fighters would be the most likely candidates to be in a trailer if both Tails and Shadow joined Smash Ultimate.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I still hope that Tails will get in the base game, though at the same time I am prepared for disappointment. Oh well, at least I got Ridley and Isabelle looks neat.
Vergeban hasn't leaked Shadow, which is surprising since he must know about his demand. You'd think he'd confirm him to be a fighter or just de-confirm him, but nope.
By the way which candidates(fighters) would be fitting if Tails and Shadow both had a trailer?
Probably some villain like Bowser, Ganondorf or Ridley. I can imagine one of them tossing Sonic off a cliff and when you see Sonic about to fall, he has his eyes closed. Afterwards he opens his eyes, and notices he isn't dead and he looks up to see Tails grabing him, saving him from the fall than it cuts to Tails's gameplay footage. Afterwards, you see the cutscene of Sonic and Tails fighting a villain than Shadow interferes than it cuts to his gameplay footage.

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
I still hope that Tails will get in the base game, though at the same time I am prepared for disappointment. Oh well, at least I got Ridley in, and Isabelle looks pretty neat.
Like my mom said, never trust a leaker! My mom never actually said that.
By the way which fighters would be the most likely candidates to be in a trailer if both Tails and Shadow joined Smash Ultimate.
I do think it would be helpful to us if Shadow missed the base game because a package deal of both Tails and Shadow would be great for DLC. Though Shadow being a base game echo might things somewhat harder, but I'd still believe Tails would still be potential DLC. Just wouldn't with the same luxury of being packaged with an echo fighter.

Hey, maybe if Dixie misses base game we get a pair of semi-clone flying sidekicks together. If DLC packs are more so going for themes instead of simply fighter + echo fighter.

GhostStorm

Smash Apprentice
Hi, this is GhostStorm, from over on GameFaqs and YouTube. I've been reading through the post, seen a few people I already recognize. You know I'm a Tails supporter all the way. I'll go ahead and just throw my two cents into the topic instead of just waiting. I don't just hope he is in, I'm almost certain that he will be, there's a lot more good evidence for him than against him and to be quite frank we might be getting both Tails and Shadow. I've noticed ever since they brought Shadow back he's been kind of portrayed as the fourth wheel of the Sonic gang, look at some of the advertisements over the past year and you might see what I'm talking about.....

The reason why I believe this is the most optimal situation is that......Tails, I don't care what anyone says is going to get a spot. He's been a more relevant, more prominent, and frankly more consistent character than Shadow and is a pioneer of the franchise. Tails has been wanted since Melee, He's been mentioned by two major publications, is one of the most iconic and memorable video game characters of all time and Sakurai isn't ignorant he knows this. Just like how he went and put Proto Man and Bass with MegaMan, because he knows they're a trio I'm sure he knows about Tails and Knuckles being Sonic's companions. Not to mention the Sonic 2 re-release? Sonic Mania re-release (Tagline "Ultimate Celebration of past and future") ? Team Sonic Racing (Team Sonic: Sonic, Tails and Knuckles)? A new Sonic series based around the Mania crews work? The fact that Shadow's assist trophy was replaced with Knuckles and not Tails or an item representing the character (Ie: The moon with Skull Kid or the bus with Isabelle)?The Mii costume???? Sonic 2 just had its 25th anniversary last year come on now.....Shadow however IS a very popular character and honestly, while I do believe Knuckles does DESERVE it more, I'd not only rather have Shadow, but I think it keeps the balance better. Sonic, Tails and Shadow have a very similar parallel to Fox, Falco and Wolf or Pit, Palutena and Dark Pit....etc....it feels right. It wouldn't surprise me if Sakurai thought this way at all. Tails and Shadow I feel in this instance are also more unique as characters, Tails defining trait is flight, Shadow's is stopping time.........Knuckles defining trait is punching ****....which a lot of characters on the roster already do. I think Tails is a lock in my opinion, Sakurai is a smart guy, I don't feel he would **** Tails over like that especially considering the weight and history that character holds. I'd be utterly shocked if he didn't make it in with classics like Ken.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Hi, this is GhostStorm, from over on GameFaqs and YouTube. I've been reading through the post, seen a few people I already recognize. You know I'm a Tails supporter all the way. I'll go ahead and just throw my two cents into the topic instead of just waiting. I don't just hope he is in, I'm almost certain that he will be, there's a lot more good evidence for him than against him and to be quite frank we might be getting both Tails and Shadow. I've noticed ever since they brought Shadow back he's been kind of portrayed as the fourth wheel of the Sonic gang, look at some of the advertisements over the past year and you might see what I'm talking about.....

The reason why I believe this is the most optimal situation is that......Tails, I don't care what anyone says is going to get a spot. He's been a more relevant, more prominent, and frankly more consistent character than Shadow and is a pioneer of the franchise. Tails has been wanted since Melee, He's been mentioned by two major publications, is one of the most iconic and memorable video game characters of all time and Sakurai isn't ignorant he knows this. Just like how he went and put Proto Man and Bass with MegaMan, because he knows they're a trio I'm sure he knows about Tails and Knuckles being Sonic's companions. Not to mention the Sonic 2 re-release? Sonic Mania re-release (Tagline "Ultimate Celebration of past and future") ? Team Sonic Racing (Team Sonic: Sonic, Tails and Knuckles)? A new Sonic series based around the Mania crews work? The fact that Shadow's assist trophy was replaced with Knuckles and not Tails or an item representing the character (Ie: The moon with Skull Kid or the bus with Isabelle)?The Mii costume???? Sonic 2 just had its 25th anniversary last year come on now.....Shadow however IS a very popular character and honestly, while I do believe Knuckles does DESERVE it more, I'd not only rather have Shadow, but I think it keeps the balance better. Sonic, Tails and Shadow have a very similar parallel to Fox, Falco and Wolf or Pit, Palutena and Dark Pit....etc....it feels right. It wouldn't surprise me if Sakurai thought this way at all. Tails and Shadow I feel in this instance are also more unique as characters, Tails defining trait is flight, Shadow's is stopping time.........Knuckles defining trait is punching ****....which a lot of characters on the roster already do. I think Tails is a lock in my opinion, Sakurai is a smart guy, I don't feel he would **** Tails over like that especially considering the weight and history that character holds. I'd be utterly shocked if he didn't make it in with classics like Ken.
Excellent post, though I do think saying he's a lock is dangerous especially if you mean base game wise. I don't have the confidence to say he'll be in the base game while an echo Shadow I'm kind of 50/50 on. I do think DLC will be Tails' best chance. But I still appreciate your supporting post.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Yeah, glad to see Tails get even more support; I wouldn't call him a lock myself but I certainly wouldn't discount his chances at base roster. I'm also a believer in the possibility of both Tails and Shadow making it in some form, since it would feel kind of strange to leave Tails out if Sonic, Shadow and Knuckles are featured prominently (even if Knuckles is an assist trophy). It would feel out of place to have them like that and not bring Sonic's buddy along, but regardless I'd say it puts us in a really good place for speculation for either one.

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
Probably some villain like Bowser, Ganondorf or Ridley. I can imagine one of them tossing Sonic off a cliff and when you see Sonic about to fall, he has his eyes closed. Afterwards he opens his eyes, and notices he isn't dead and he looks up to see Tails grabing him, saving him from the fall than it cuts to Tails's gameplay footage. Afterwards, you see the cutscene of Sonic and Tails fighting a villain than Shadow interferes than it cuts to his gameplay footage.
I also thought of Fox, Falco and Wolf,
Fox = Tails(both are foxes and are the most calm and collected out of the three)
Falco = Sonic(Both are blue and have a cocky attitude)
Wolf = Shadow(Both are anti-heroes and are easily irritated, from what I've seen from a few Star Fox videos)

I think Tails getting into the base roster is a lock, but everything else I agree with.
No way are they going to leave Tails without anything but a background appearance with Silver.

Last edited:

GhostStorm

Smash Apprentice
Excellent post, though I do think saying he's a lock is dangerous especially if you mean base game wise. I don't have the confidence to say he'll be in the base game while an echo Shadow I'm kind of 50/50 on. I do think DLC will be Tails' best chance. But I still appreciate your supporting post.
Not at all dangerous. Sakurai has most likely been hearing about the Sonic characters for years and after the mii costumes DLC? Knuckles is already an assist trophy, why would they sell you Sonic characters as DLC that doesn't make much sense at all to me. If neither Tails nor Shadow make the base roster then it's pretty much officially over for those characters in my book. Even if DLC is not decided by developers themselves, people will surely move on to other choices, like Crash, Banjo, Shantae, Rex and Pyra, Octolings and so on characters who are not only popular choices but are more unique and eye catching buys for the general audience I believe.

Zoljinx_

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, glad to see Tails get even more support; I wouldn't call him a lock myself but I certainly wouldn't discount his chances at base roster. I'm also a believer in the possibility of both Tails and Shadow making it in some form, since it would feel kind of strange to leave Tails out if Sonic, Shadow and Knuckles are featured prominently (even if Knuckles is an assist trophy). It would feel out of place to have them like that and not bring Sonic's buddy along, but regardless I'd say it puts us in a really good place for speculation for either one.
this is my thought process. why would you add new sonic characters in the game, yet neglect Sonic's best friend when you're using the tagline "Everyone is Here!"? I don't think that'd sit right with a lot of people.

to me, Tails and Shadow have to come together, base game OR DLC. Otherwise it's too glaring of an issue to include Shadow, but not have Tails.

GhostStorm

Smash Apprentice
this is my thought process. why would you add new sonic characters in the game, yet neglect Sonic's best friend when you're using the tagline "Everyone is Here!"? I don't think that'd sit right with a lot of people.

to me, Tails and Shadow have to come together, base game OR DLC. Otherwise it's too glaring of an issue to include Shadow, but not have Tails.
See that's a quote that's really bothering me as well. They never said "Everyone IS BACK" they said "Everyone is HERE!".....which we already knows implies more than just the characters from previous games considering we have new additions. And something tells me with Smash Ultimate starting production not to long after Smash 4's DLC wrap up, that it wasn't that hard to get too many of the companies back on board---Sega has a great relationship with Nintendo, Namco develops the damn game, Capcom had wanted Mega Man in since Brawl and has a good relationship with them, I feel like Square was probably the only real difficult one to get going. There's a lot of characters with a lot of good evidence backing them and it just doesn't feel like we're being told the whole story, notice how in every other aspect--the music, the stage number, the amount of ways to play they're trying to blow our minds but constantly trying to temper our expectations as far as characters? Something isn't adding up to me and I honestly feel as though the last direct is going to be something shocking in addition to Story mode and online, that we'll get a montage similar to the first with some new characters being introduced. To me that would explain why character reveals are being slowed down, it already raised suspicion that they announced 5 characters at that direct after their E3. Getting quite a few fan favorites announced close to release would generate extreme amounts of hype and would keep people preoccupied with talk up until the game finally drops. This is all just a guess however.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I'm kinda in the boat where the whole "Everyone is here" was just meant that everyone who was in Smash before is back. There really isn't nothing else to it and I don't really think it's good evidence as to why any other character would be in the game. There are a ton of franchises that don't have "everyone" and not all of them are going to get those characters.

In other news, dunno if you guys have seen the Youtube playlist for the smash character videos update 2 days ago. The last time this happened was 10 days before Isabelle's original announcement day (before it got delayed by the earthquake).

That, alongside the fact that we've generally gotten a new smash update in the 2nd week of the month (outside of July), might very well imply that we could be getting a direct or announcement on October 10th.

I'm sure you guys all remember who was revealed on October 10th in the past... though, I'd say that's just a coincidence.

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
I'm kinda in the boat where the whole "Everyone is here" was just meant that everyone who was in Smash before is back. There really isn't nothing else to it and I don't really think it's good evidence as to why any other character would be in the game. There are a ton of franchises that don't have "everyone" and not all of them are going to get those characters.

In other news, dunno if you guys have seen the Youtube playlist for the smash character videos update 2 days ago. The last time this happened was 10 days before Isabelle's original announcement day (before it got delayed by the earthquake).

That, alongside the fact that we've generally gotten a new smash update in the 2nd week of the month (outside of July), might very well imply that we could be getting a direct or announcement on October 10th.

I'm sure you guys all remember who was revealed on October 10th in the past... though, I'd say that's just a coincidence.
I don't want to overexcite myself here, but OH man!
I'm praying to the Smash gods here.
Maybe we should do a ritaul for Tails just like the AC fans did to get the new Switch game in 2019 and Isabelle in Smash.

Last edited:

Zoljinx_

Smash Apprentice

It could be that, but in that same vein, I feel they've been targeting fan favorite characters for new character inclusions, which has me thinking otherwise. Getting the likes of K. Rool, Ridley, Simon, Richter, Isabelle, Daisy and Chrom are all testament to that. not all of these characters were "popular" in the Smash speculation circle, but they DO have an audience they cater to. and I feel if Sakurai wanted to cater to the Sonic fans, it would need to involve both Shadow and Tails.

As for the Youtube Playlist, I've heard about it, and I'm both hopeful and prepared for disappointment. Sonic's always been revealed in October, but him being apart of the "everyone is here" showcase breaks that trend. That coupled with Tails' debut game also being released in October makes a lot of sense in my head for him to be revealed... but I'm most likely overthinking it.

edited for grammatical correctness.

Last edited:

GhostStorm

Smash Apprentice
It could be that, but in that same vein, I feel they've been targeting fan favorite characters for new character inclusions, which has me thinking otherwise. Getting the likes of K. Rool, Ridley, Simon, Richter, Isabelle, Daisy and Chrom are all testament to that. not all of these characters were "popular" in the Smash speculation circle, but they DO have an audience they cater to. and I feel if Sakurai wanted to cater to the Sonic fans, it would need to involve both Shadow and Tails.

As for the Youtube Playlist, I've heard about it, and I'm both hopeful and prepared for disappointment. Sonic's always been revealed in October, but him being apart of the "everyone is here" showcase breaks that trend. That coupled with Tails' debut game also being released in October makes a lot of sense in my head for him to be revealed... but I'm most likely overthinking it.

edited for grammatical correctness.
"Sega Confirms Next Round of Classic ‘Ages’ Games For Nintendo Switch, Including Sonic 2"
By ROBERT WORKMAN - September 12, 2018<<<<<<<<<<

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ A couple days ago, still no announcement

Dear Lord, in heaven please allow us to flyhighsowecanreachthehighestofalltheheavensforeverandeveramen.

Last edited:

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
"Sega Confirms Next Round of Classic ‘Ages’ Games For Nintendo Switch, Including Sonic 2"
By ROBERT WORKMAN - September 12, 2018<<<<<<<<<<

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ A couple days ago, still no announcement

Dear Lord, in heaven please allow us to flyhighsowecanreachthehighestofalltheheavensforeverandeveramen.
I think we, discussed about that a while ago, before Isabelle was revealed.
Honestly with Sega AGES with Sonic 2(Y'know........ Tails' debut game) coming to the Switch instead of Sonic 1 and Sonic being revealed on the same day of this supposed Smash Direct, I'm gaining a bit of hope here.
At the same time I am prepared for disappointment,however.

Last edited:

Zoljinx_

Smash Apprentice
I don't want to overexcite myself here, but OH man!
I'm praying to the Smash gods here.
Maybe we should do a ritaul for Tails just like the AC fans did to get the new Switch game in 2019 and Isabelle in Smash.
I can see 2 results from doing this: either Tails gets confirmed for Ultimate, or you summon forth the Tails Doll.

By ROBERT WORKMAN - September 12, 2018

I forgot the Ages collection was announced! add that to my tin foil hat.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Not at all dangerous. Sakurai has most likely been hearing about the Sonic characters for years and after the mii costumes DLC? Knuckles is already an assist trophy, why would they sell you Sonic characters as DLC that doesn't make much sense at all to me. If neither Tails nor Shadow make the base roster then it's pretty much officially over for those characters in my book. Even if DLC is not decided by developers themselves, people will surely move on to other choices, like Crash, Banjo, Shantae, Rex and Pyra, Octolings and so on characters who are not only popular choices but are more unique and eye catching buys for the general audience I believe.
Hey if you're right, I'd definitely take that. Tails is my most wanted, so I dearly want you to be right about him being in the base game but just don't want to set myself up for any base game disappointments. I've just thought ever since "Everyone is Here!" was a focus that a good amount of newcomers would have to be saved for DLC and that includes secondary third parties such as more Sonic reps that aren't echo fighters like Tails. Sonic fans would line up for a Tails & Shadow DLC pack. (Though I think even if Shadow's an echo in base game, Tails could still stand alone as a decent DLC pick)

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
I can see 2 results from doing this: either Tails gets confirmed for Ultimate, or you summon forth the Tails Doll.

I forgot the Ages collection was announced! add that to my tin foil hat.
Obviously, I meant the whole ritaul thing as a joke but the risk of Tails Doll being summoned is worth it for Tails in Smasn Ultimate.

volbound1700

Smash Master
The Box theory is getting more credibility unfortunately with the online card. I have a hard time believing it, however, because it would be a terrible marketing decision. If the Box Theory was real, Sakurai would have likely held back Ridley from E3. I believe the box theory is a ploy by Nintendo for the big surprise at the end.

I love the idea of Tails being in the base game but he screams DLC. I think Banjo and Geno will be the two big third-party newcomers that will be dropped.

GhostStorm

Smash Apprentice
Hey....I thought of something, but do you guys think they're going to leave both those spots after Isabelle empty after the next reveal?There's definitely something happening since the new banner is gone. I'm scared dudes!!!

SonicMario

Smash Master
With the playlist updating and the new banner gone it does seem like a reveal/direct is coming soon enough. I'm still expecting just Ken and/or Incineroar though

Though admittedly if they air the direct on October 10th. Exactly 11 years after Sonic's announcement in Brawl. It would certainly fulfill my dreams to have it with a Tails trailer somewhere (And Shadow somewhere in there for bonus, but Tails is all I honestly want)

Chrono.

I don't really know where Tails stands at this point. I went from thinking he was like decently likely for the base roster, to thinking he was probably DLC, to thinking DLC is probably gonna be new franchises only.

I'm pretty much just expecting Ken and Incineroar at this point.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Y’all.

Stop trying to hype me up. I don’t want to get disappointed again.

Man it would be so awesome to see Tails in the game. He’s my vote for most deserving, so I really don’t want to see him stuck in that loop again.

I don’t remember if I voted him in the ballot. I didn’t know that there were campaigns, so that’s good news. And the Mii costume is intriguing.

But I can’t imagine that DLC will be ‘new franchises only.’ Everyone seems to be banking on Xeno 2 and Fire Emblem getting a character, and I’m expecting DLC to be fairly third-party heavy.

Here’s hoping.
Btw: awesome idea. That would be such a hype reveal.

Would love if one of his pics on the site ended up being a remake of the EGM poses.

GhostStorm

Smash Apprentice
Y’all.

Stop trying to hype me up. I don’t want to get disappointed again.

Man it would be so awesome to see Tails in the game. He’s my vote for most deserving, so I really don’t want to see him stuck in that loop again.

I don’t remember if I voted him in the ballot. I didn’t know that there were campaigns, so that’s good news. And the Mii costume is intriguing.

But I can’t imagine that DLC will be ‘new franchises only.’ Everyone seems to be banking on Xeno 2 and Fire Emblem getting a character, and I’m expecting DLC to be fairly third-party heavy.

Here’s hoping.

Btw: awesome idea. That would be such a hype reveal.

Would love if one of his pics on the site ended up being a remake of the EGM poses.
>2 spots on the website currently and I feel like both of those will be filled next time and another row will appear.
>October 10th the same day Sonic was revealed for Brawl with October 1st being the reveal for Sonic in Smash 4.
>Sakurai's comments about chaos, body size, personality, and "Cool" and "Cute" coexisting in that interview seemed very strange to me.
>Sonic 2 for Sega Ages still doesn't have any information on its release (it was announced during the time of the last direct), we'll probably get more information on Team Sonic Racing soon too.
>What I find even stranger is this quote " However, if you only focus on rigidly following the original titles, you won’t be able to make something appropriate for the present. You have to know the current standards, create something that fits today’s environment, and strike a balance with the past."
to me that kind of sounds like Sega with the Sonic franchise, they did call Sonic Mania "The Ultimate celebration of past and future" after all.
Also while last year was the 25th anniversary of Sonic 2 and I know this is going to sound wild....but this month is the 25th anniversary of Sonic Chaos a game with both Sonic and Tails as playable characters. I CAN FEEL IT MAN!!! ITS RIGHT THERE!!!!

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
Alright, we haven't got any Sonic music yet.
That's good I guess.
Just want to point out that Castlevania has two Music tracks on the website, so the Pokemon track doesn't de-confirm anything. They could just be doing it by Generations. Incineroar or Decidueye could still get in, if the music theory is true.
>2 spots on the website currently and I feel like both of those will be filled next time and another row will appear.
>October 10th the same day Sonic was revealed for Brawl with October 1st being the reveal for Sonic in Smash 4.
>Sakurai's comments about chaos, body size, personality, and "Cool" and "Cute" coexisting in that interview seemed very strange to me.
>Sonic 2 for Sega Ages still doesn't have any information on its release (it was announced during the time of the last direct), we'll probably get more information on Team Sonic Racing soon too.
>What I find even stranger is this quote " However, if you only focus on rigidly following the original titles, you won’t be able to make something appropriate for the present. You have to know the current standards, create something that fits today’s environment, and strike a balance with the past."
to me that kind of sounds like Sega with the Sonic franchise, they did call Sonic Mania "The Ultimate celebration of past and future" after all.
Also while last year was the 25th anniversary of Sonic 2 and I know this is going to sound wild....but this month is the 25th anniversary of Sonic Chaos a game with both Sonic and Tails as playable characters. I CAN FEEL IT MAN!!! ITS RIGHT THERE!!!!
AAAAAHHHH!!!!
I SHOULDN'T BE GETTING HYPED FOR THIS BUT I AM.
Sonic Chaos may be pushing it a bit, but everything else adds up!
Regardless of what there's going to be a Sonic themed reveal here, whether it's a new music track, Shadow Echo/Semi-Clone, Tails or even BOTH Tails and Shadow, something's gonna happen
I just hope if Tails is revealed Shadow is announced alongside him..................
I have seen the diehard Shadow fans. It's like they hate any other Sonic character. Even when we bring up the idea of both Tails and Shadow, they get angry at it. It's like they just want Shadow alone and that's all.
I even saw AC get some hate with Isabelle getting revealed and now all of the Shadow fans are angry at her.
I can imagine the riots.....

Chrono.

Alright, we haven't got any Sonic music yet.
That's good I guess.
Just want to point out that Castlevania has two Music tracks on the website, so the Pokemon track doesn't de-confirm anything. They could just be doing it by Generations. Incineroar or Decidueye could still get in, if the music theory is true.

AAAAAHHHH!!!!
I SHOULDN'T BE GETTING HYPED FOR THIS BUT I AM.
Sonic Chaos may be pushing it a bit, but everything else adds up!
Regardless of what there's going to be a Sonic themed reveal here, whether it's a new music track, Shadow Echo/Semi-Clone, Tails or even BOTH Tails and Shadow, something's gonna happen
I just hope if Tails is revealed Shadow is announced alongside him..................
I have seen the diehard Shadow fans. It's like they hate any other Sonic character. Even when we bring up the idea of both Tails and Shadow, they get angry at it. It's like they just want Shadow alone and that's all.
I even saw AC get some hate with Isabelle getting revealed and now all of the Shadow fans are angry at her.
I can imagine the riots.....
Castlevania only has one track on the website.

GhostStorm

Smash Apprentice
"Bloody Tears" and "Monster Dance" are counted as part of the same remix, but they're different songs (Its not an alternate title). The transition is so goddamn seamless if you aren't familiar with the Castlevania series you wouldn't even be able to tell they were different songs. However, these are both from the same game, neither of these are Richter's theme "Opposing Bloodlines".

The Snitch Studio

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
3637 4300 0430
Hey! Looks like this threads alive again!

Its Spooky season everyone! Anyway...

I love the ideas everyone is throwing around! I'm hoping Ghoststorm is right or I'm locking him in the twilight realm, either way, I'm excited! I just want Nintendo to put up Pre Orders on Eshop for Smash on Eshop, I'm already sold, also, you know I'm buying Sonic 2! Gotta support my boi Tails...and reused Death EGG Robot, also, Sonic Chaos? As a Clue? I'm dying from references here.

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
We should still hold our horses though. Hype responsibly and at least put it in mind that whatever the next Smash announcements might be, it could just be Ken and/or Incineroar. Not saying you can't hope for any other characters, but just want to avoid an angry backlash when it's not what we want.

Cool and Cute are rather vague as there are already plenty of cool characters as well as cute characters in Smash. It doesn't necessarily mean it's hints to both Shadow and Tails together if that's what you're trying to imply

Sonic 2 on Sonic Ages doesn't have information yet because it's in the next wave of Sega Ages line-up and may wait til' it's closer to release for that. Though I've mentioned before that it would be cool for a direct to announce Tails and tell you about Sonic 2 coming to the Switch later to experience Tails' debute

Sonic Mania being "The Ultimate celebration" is kind of Shantae fan-level straw grasping (Nothing against Shantae fans as I wouldn't mind her if we get an indie. But Ultimate sleep-over is not enough of a clue I feel)

Like I said, I want you to be right. We need to relax before our expectations run too high. Right now I'm thinking character-wise whatever comes next could just be Ken and Incineroar and I just go "That's cool" and then hopefully alot of information about Spirits if it's a full direct to get some nice info on. Tails will always be on the back of my mind, but I just don't see him being a base game character. But it's certainly one thing I would be more then happy to be wrong about.

GhostStorm

Smash Apprentice
We should still hold our horses though. Hype responsibly and at least put it in mind that whatever the next Smash announcements might be, it could just be Ken and/or Incineroar. Not saying you can't hope for any other characters, but just want to avoid an angry backlash when it's not what we want.

Cool and Cute are rather vague as there are already plenty of cool characters as well as cute characters in Smash. It doesn't necessarily mean it's hints to both Shadow and Tails together if that's what you're trying to imply

Sonic 2 on Sonic Ages doesn't have information yet because it's in the next wave of Sega Ages line-up and may wait til' it's closer to release for that. Though I've mentioned before that it would be cool for a direct to announce Tails and tell you about Sonic 2 coming to the Switch later to experience Tails' debute

Sonic Mania being "The Ultimate celebration" is kind of Shantae fan-level straw grasping (Nothing against Shantae fans as I wouldn't mind her if we get an indie. But Ultimate sleep-over is not enough of a clue I feel)

Like I said, I want you to be right. We need to relax before our expectations run too high. Right now I'm thinking character-wise whatever comes next could just be Ken and Incineroar and I just go "That's cool" and then hopefully alot of information about Spirits if it's a full direct to get some nice info on. Tails will always be on the back of my mind, but I just don't see him being a base game character. But it's certainly one thing I would be more then happy to be wrong about.
Yeah, I said over on gamefaqs it could possibly be either one of them or even Isaac, but I really do feel that date can't be a coincidence. The timing of all this Sonic news is too high right now in my opinion. Something is about to pop off at any minute. I don't know about Ken, but I definitely feel Inceneroar might happen closer to the end of the month with Pokemon Let's Go and all coming in November. All I'll say is that if October 10th isn't a direct and its a channel trailer drop, I feel it will be third party characters. Something tells me the Sonic franchise is going to get some special treatment especially with how much they did with Castlevania in just one direct?

SonicMario

Smash Master
If there's a direct/announcment is on the 10th. It'd be on next week wednesday... The 8.8 direct in August was also on a Wednesday which is music day for Japan, and why the music wasn't set for then (Well they did kind of made a goof and had the title leak somewhere but that's besides the point). And if you still believe that the Music theory at least partially matters even if the Pokemon song kind of leaves it in doubt since it seems Incineroar is almost obvious. Then Sonic would still be in the running... Also 11 years ago, October 10th was on a Wednesday then too...

It could all be a coincidence and I'd continue to think that even if in the next moment Nintendo announces a Smash Direct for the 10th. But I would be lying in hoping in the back of my mind this is the stars aligning for Tails right now. Though I'm also a little afraid of it just being echo Shadow and that's it. Or worse, Shadow actually is a semi-clone despite it making no sense given Sakurai's words on Echo fighter recently after Isabelle's reveal since Sonic and Shadow DO actually share a very similar body shape.

Kind of hoping it's not on the 10th so I don't try to put expectations high on all this coming together. But the 10th is still a very convenient date for all this.

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
I just realized something here.
If this is leak is true, it might not be a Smash Direct. Maybe it can just be a surprise reveal like what they did with Robin and Lucina in the Sm4sh days. No Direct anything, just a surprise trailer they announced early.
Kind of a technicality, since it's two songs put into one.

I too am trying to keep my excitement down. It's hard, let me tell you.
If the Direct/new Trailer is on the 10th, I'm hoping its Tails.
To be honest with you I'm surprised Shantae isn't in the game, even as an Assist Trophy. Maybe she might be DLC because I can't see her not making it in at all..

GhostStorm

Smash Apprentice
I just realized something here.
If this is leak is true, it might not be a Smash Direct. Maybe it can just be a surprise reveal like what they did with Robin and Lucina in the Sm4sh days. No Direct anything, just a surprise trailer they announced early.
That's what I was thinking was the case, if we don't hear about a Direct soon I'll assume that's the case.

GhostStorm

Smash Apprentice
If there's a direct/announcment is on the 10th. It'd be on next week wednesday... The 8.8 direct in August was also on a Wednesday which is music day for Japan, and why the music wasn't set for then (Well they did kind of made a goof and had the title leak somewhere but that's besides the point). And if you still believe that the Music theory at least partially matters even if the Pokemon song kind of leaves it in doubt since it seems Incineroar is almost obvious. Then Sonic would still be in the running... Also 11 years ago, October 10th was on a Wednesday then too...

It could all be a coincidence and I'd continue to think that even if in the next moment Nintendo announces a Smash Direct for the 10th. But I would be lying in hoping in the back of my mind this is the stars aligning for Tails right now. Though I'm also a little afraid of it just being echo Shadow and that's it. Or worse, Shadow actually is a semi-clone despite it making no sense given Sakurai's words on Echo fighter recently after Isabelle's reveal since Sonic and Shadow DO actually share a very similar body shape.

Kind of hoping it's not on the 10th so I don't try to put expectations high on all this coming together. But the 10th is still a very convenient date for all this.
Exactly why I feel Tails would be a semi clone. A large majority of his abilities and sound effects are similar to Sonic, but his height and body shape are a bit different.

The Snitch Studio

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
3637 4300 0430
You know...now that I think about it...is there really any justified argument against Tails in Smash? Other than the Background of Green Hill, which has been overall rejected...just curious.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
You know...now that I think about it...is there really any justified argument against Tails in Smash? Other than the Background of Green Hill, which has been overall rejected...just curious.
Biggest argument I've seen is that people think Shadow is going to get in as an echo, therefore SEGA will have 2 Unique characters and 1 echo fighter, and that they shouldn't get any more characters. As if 3 Unique SEGA reps or 4 total SEGA reps is too much.

Though there's not really an argument for most characters as to why they CAN'T be in the game. It's just when there are hundreds of character requests and only a fraction of them can even get in the game (despite its huge roster), lots of deserving characters are still not going to make it in.

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
People are saying that Shadow's more likely since he could be an Echo for Sonic........ That's it.
That doesn't mean Tails isn't out of the discussion. Shadow only picked up this traction recently due to Daisy, so that's not like he's a lock.
Plue,it's possible that Tails got more votes in the Smash Ballot, since Shadow was an Assist at the time and Tails is one of the most recognizable sidekicks in gaming.
I highly doubt Sakurai would overlook those two reasons just because Shadow would be more easy to develop.

GhostStorm

Smash Apprentice
Shadow being easier to implement.....which doubt that's really true (for several reasons) and he's more popular than Tails which at the time of the ballot I don't really feel he was. I feel like the only people that are really Shadow fans are people in their early to mid 20s who grew up on the 4kids era. People who are old, OLD fans of Sonic usually people entering their 30s (who still play the series) don't seem to be the biggest fans of Shadow and during that time Shadow wasn't really the most marketed for the kids who were getting into the series at the time. Sonic Colors kind of introduced a third wave of fans and for the most part he's really only made cameos here and there in the mainline and spin offs.....Sonic and Tails have been at the forefront of pretty much every mainline title.

Top Bottom