• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Will Believe In Myself: Miles "Tails" Prower Support Thread

SonicMario

Smash Master
Tails isn't as expected because basically yeah, echo fighters being introduced put Shadow in the forefront in likeliness. Adding with a bit of combination that not many think Sonic or any 3rd party franchise can get more then two they may be expecting just Shadow even if they don't personally like Shadow, that Sonic can't get a semi-clone/unique. Richter's inclusion just put more fuel on that fire. Tails has also been spotted in the background of Green Hill and while we do have arguments on why that doesn't deconfirm him completely, that still is enough to leave some doubting him.

All-in-all though, Shadow is the most likely Sonic echo. Tails is the most likely semi-clone/unique. It all depends on whether Sega and Nintendo/Sakurai actually decide to do that. And they could very well leave Sonic alone in the base game and just save Tails and Shadow for DLC, because they would most certainly be profitable choices.

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
So what is the news that is making everyone feel that Tails has a good chance? I have read the entire page since my last post. Is it just the October being the month of Sonic coincidence?

I will say two items that we have going for us:

1. SEGA has actually been one of the most loyal third-party video game makers to Nintendo standing by Nintendo during even the height of the Wii U days by making exclusives for the Wii U
2. SEGA loves to pander their characters, especially Sonic characters, whenever they have a chance

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
So what is the news that is making everyone feel that Tails has a good chance? I have read the entire page since my last post. Is it just the October being the month of Sonic coincidence?

I will say two items that we have going for us:

1. SEGA has actually been one of the most loyal third-party video game makers to Nintendo standing by Nintendo during even the height of the Wii U days by making exclusives for the Wii U
2. SEGA loves to pander their characters, especially Sonic characters, whenever they have a chance
Yeah. Sonic is like an honorary Nintendo franchise. They even have multiple crossover games with the Mario cast.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Yeah. Sonic is like an honorary Nintendo franchise. They even have multiple crossover games with the Mario cast.
With another coming in 2020. The next one even taking place in Tokyo, Japan.

I do think Sega and Nintendo will try their hardest on that particular game in the series just because it is based on their homeland. And hey, if Tails and/or Shadow miss the base game for Ultimate. It's possible that to tie-in with the next Mario & Sonic game. Tails & Shadow join in then (Even though it'd be a bit of a pain to wait for 2 years for Tails)

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
I honestly just hope the Tails in the Green Hill background doesn't KILL his chances, as he could be a Toon Link/Alfonzo situation. I don't know though, I kinda doubt they'd do that for another character for some reason. I'm always keeping my fingers crossed for Tails. I'm guessing, at best, DLC.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Decided to come into this thread and give you folks who are supporting Tails some hope. Being that next week there might supposedly be a reveal. It could be a duo reveal of Tails and Shadow in response to 10 years since Sonic was announced for Brawl.

Just a heads up about the possibility of it. ;)

Last edited:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I honestly just hope the Tails in the Green Hill background doesn't KILL his chances, as he could be a Toon Link/Alfonzo situation. I don't know though, I kinda doubt they'd do that for another character for some reason. I'm always keeping my fingers crossed for Tails. I'm guessing, at best, DLC.
It most certainly doesn't kill his chances. There are a ton of good reason as to why it doesn't.
1. Knuckles got upgraded to Assist Trophy, yet he still appears in the background of GHZ.
2. Removing Tails from the background would practically confirm that he's in the game.
3. It's an old returning stage from Brawl. If it was a new stage where Tails showed up as a background character, then yes, you would need to be worried.

Certainly doesn't mean that Tails will make it in the game though. He could very easily just not be included. I don't see it being for this reason, however.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Decided to come into this thread and give you folks who are supporting Tails some hope. Being that next week there might supposedly be a reveal. It could be a duo reveal of Tails and Shadow in response to 10 years since Sonic was announced for Brawl.

Just a heads up about the possibility of it. ;)
Bit of a nitpicky correction. But it would be 11 years since Sonic was announced for Brawl. Excuse my exact memory of the day, what day of the week it was, where I was when I found out, etc. given that day is still one of the best days of my life lol

The Snitch Studio

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
3637 4300 0430
I just remembered that the first Episode of the Sonic Boom TV show was about Sonic & Tails relationship, huh.

https://twitter.com/AltDeltas/status/1047883195071516674?s=09

Anyway, so I believe Reddit did a character ballot for the Fighter people want in Ultimate...seems like Eggman was the only Sonic Character there, and this with 50,000 votes...Hmmmmmm...just there if your interested.

Chrono.

Anyway, so I believe Reddit did a character ballot for the Fighter people want in Ultimate...seems like Eggman was the only Sonic Character there, and this with 50,000 votes...Hmmmmmm...just there if your interested.
The characters in that poll tournament were chosen by the OP himself if I recall.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I just remembered that the first Episode of the Sonic Boom TV show was about Sonic & Tails relationship, huh.

https://twitter.com/AltDeltas/status/1047883195071516674?s=09

Not trying to discount Eggman's popularity here. But this is a poll that won't have much effect on who's getting into Ultimate. If Reddit polls decided who was getting in Smash, Shovel Knight and Waluigi would be playable.

Eggman's also only been a trophy in Brawl and Smash 4 meanwhile Tails and Shadow each have either an assist trophy or a Mii costume backing them to be next in-line. If Eggman ever gets playable in Smash, it's not going to be before those two.

Last edited:

The Snitch Studio

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
3637 4300 0430
Just Wondering on what your thoughts are, if Tails made it in Base or DLC before any other Sonic Character, who would you want from the Sonic Series?

Me? Nobody, I don't care who joins, I really only want Tails and that's it...so...yea...

SonicMario

Smash Master
Just Wondering on what your thoughts are, if Tails made it in Base or DLC before any other Sonic Character, who would you want from the Sonic Series?

Me? Nobody, I don't care who joins, I really only want Tails and that's it...so...yea...
They could stop at just Tails and I'd be a ok with that. If both Sonic and Tails returned in the next Smash. I'd kind of want the full trio of Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles. But it wouldn't be as meaningful as Tails to me. If it were up to me Tails would be prioritized over everyone else for characters besides Sonic. Followed by either Knuckles or Eggman (Though I admit I have a hard time thinking exactly how Eggman would work in Smash since he has so many machines that would be hard to place a playable moveset I feel) and Shadow would be next after them, even though I probably rank Amy higher then Shadow now in terms of personal like. Shadow's actually wanted much more, while Tails, Knuckles, and Eggman are just the classic cast of characters everybody, even those who aren't Sonic fans know.

Echo Fighters just give Shadow a convenient way to skip all that and hopefully not take a spot that can still leave room for Tails. Adding Tails and Shadow is the absolute maximum Sonic can receive character-wise in Ultimate. Even if one or both have to wait til' DLC begins.

Payaso Jazzista

Smash Rookie
NNID
Smashville123
3DS FC
2681-5071-6047
Welp... I'm pretty neutral about this one, but I have a feeling that he could be a reality, he's definetly my second most requested character after Isaac and I would be so happy If he's an original character, but shadow just seems to be a shoe-in at this point so It's best to hope really.

Chrono.

I'd be content with just Sonic and Tails.

But I wouldn't say no to Shadow, assuming Knuckles is still in AT hell anyway.

Eggman would also make sense but I don't care for him as a playable character.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Knuckles and then Shadow are my most wanted after Tails in that order. Really Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles are perfect for me. The other characters appear to be bit players except maybe Robotnik. However, I don't think Robotnik fits as a playable character. He would be better as a boss in the single player mode.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Welp... I'm pretty neutral about this one, but I have a feeling that he could be a reality, he's definetly my second most requested character after Isaac and I would be so happy If he's an original character, but shadow just seems to be a shoe-in at this point so It's best to hope really.
I've kind of felt that despite the introduction of echo fighters and Richter's inclusion. Shadow's inclusion in the base game wasn't a sure thing. Keeping DLC in mind, there would be a lot of fans willing to buy him. But Richter and potentially Ken would probably be harder sells. They'd still make money, but they're not Shadow popular in terms of Smash requests (Ken is probably at least more popular then Shadow legacy wise though).

And Shadow being DLC opens up the possibility that Shadow isn't alone, coming along with Tails to get more bang for your buck.

I don't think both will come in the base game unless by some miracle there is a direct on the 10th next week and it does indeed contain Sonic focused reveal (It could be on the 10th but still have absolutely nothing Sonic in it). Shadow being an echo is the only thing I could see besides Sonic in the base game. But I could easily see Sonic being alone at first and saving Tails and/or Shadow for later because they certainly would be profitable choices.

GhostStorm

Smash Apprentice
Quote me on this: The October Direct....
  1. Skull Kid
  2. Isaac
  3. Tails
  4. Ken
  5. Incineroar

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman

I think like everyone else here, I'd perfectly be okay with just Tails.
But if we could get a few more characters it'd be Knuckles, Shadow and Blaze for me.

SonicMario

Smash Master
  1. Skull Kid
  2. Isaac
  3. Tails
  4. Ken
  5. Incineroar
4 Unique/semi-clone newcomers? xP

Sorry, but not counting returning veterans and echo fighters. We've only got 2 uniques (Inkling/Ridley at E3, Simon/K. Rool in August) in each Smash-focused direct plus the semi-clone Isabelle last month. While I get people may think things they may end with a bang. I think this is too big of a bang to be true. If there's a big bang finale character reveal it's going to just one character that would blow the socks off people one way or another. I think at least base game-wise there's only at max 2 more unique/semi-clone fighters and 2 other echoes besides Ken. And that's the maximum, not the expectation.

It's another case of I'd love it if I'm wrong, but yeah with at maximum 5 characters I can't expect 4 of those 5 not being echoes.

TailsFoxie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8467-4041-5425
HE Deserves It!
*Claps 5 times*
HE Deserves It!
*Claps 5 times*

As a 15year Fan of the two tailed cutie, i can guarantee
tears will fall from my eyes if Tails appears a newcomer!
I Refuse to give up on Tails <3

TailsFoxie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8467-4041-5425
  1. Skull Kid
  2. Isaac
  3. Tails
  4. Ken
  5. Incineroar
Much as i don't like Incineroar (Because Torracat stole my heart lol)
I'll take it over Decidueye! If it ain't in Pokken, it's gonna be in Ulitmate!

GhostStorm

Smash Apprentice
Good Luck! Nintendo is good but they aren't that good of a company.
>Skull Kid ( He's been hinted at by Nintendo themselves as well as Bill Trinen who hinted at Snake before E3 and Skull Kid's theme just fits the month)
>Tails ( This is the month Sonic is normally announced, Sonic 2 was announced for Sega ages last month during the time of the last direct, this direct would take place a couple days before Tails 26th birthday, Sonic Chaos 25th anniversary this month.)
>Ken ( Obvious from the start. The original clone character. Would be perfect to announce alongside Tails as the two major classic and iconic 3rd party reps, A whole screenshot basically f***ing confirming him.)
>Incineroar (A new pokemon, with a flame aesthetic similar to Ken. Has been rumored by the most credible leaker of the bunch...is going to appear in the anime next week.)
>Isaac. (Was hinted at by Nintendo themselves. Oh yeah and let me not forget that Golden Sun had its license renewed or updated or something like that?
Though I feel like he'll be the only one of his kind and won't have an echo like I thought he would to keep the number at 5 like last time.)

Two of these characters (Skull Kid and Isaac) have been hinted at by the company themselves.
Two of these characters (Ken and Incineroar) are heavily rumored and most likely coming sooner than later.
One of these characters (Tails) is a complete guess based on patterns from previous games.

The only ones I can see not being in the direct or being moved later on at this point would be Isaac or Inceneroar, if all information considered that they are even in the game. Plus something tells me just like how Sakurai said "Don't expect too many newcomers" then we got 5 new characters, something tells me that will be decently surprised in the next Direct.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I've mentioned before in this thread that if there's a counterpart to K. Rool's Trailer called "The Friends" as opposed to the rivals. Having Ken and Tails would be perfect there. I just still don't count on that happening yet heh.

GhostStorm

Smash Apprentice
I've mentioned before in this thread that if there's a counterpart to K. Rool's Trailer called "The Friends" as opposed to the rivals. Having Ken and Tails would be perfect there. I just still don't count on that happening yet heh.
Wait that's a thing?

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
Just wanted to bring this up for memories sake.
Anyone here remembers this leak that was around/before the ERSB leak?
download.jpg

To this day I wish that this were true.
Of course, it's so obviously fake. If it wasn't for that bottom screen picture I would have believed it a bit more back then.
Still, even back then before the Smash Ballot it showed that someone out there wanted Tails.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 168468
Of course, it's so obviously fake. If it wasn't for that bottom screen picture I would have believed it a bit more back then.
Still, even back then before the Smash Ballot it showed that someone out there wanted Tails.
never saw that one myself, looks not bad

TailsFoxie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8467-4041-5425
View attachment 168468
My Heart Stopped when i saw that for the first time!

GhostStorm

Smash Apprentice
Team Sonic Racing might be getting delayed till 2019.....If Shadow (who is a pushed in that game's advertisement among Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles) really ISN'T in the game and Tails is, this is Sega's biggest heel turn I've seen in a long while. It's like all the stars are aligning at once. So we essentially have a year full of nothing, but classic Sonic representation.
https://nintendosoup.com/team-sonic...yed-to-2019-based-on-russian-promo-materials/

SonicMario

Smash Master
Team Sonic Racing might be getting delayed till 2019.....If Shadow (who is a pushed in that game's advertisement among Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles) really ISN'T in the game and Tails is, this is Sega's biggest heel turn I've seen in a long while. It's like all the stars are aligning at once. So we essentially have a year full of nothing, but classic Sonic representation.
https://nintendosoup.com/team-sonic...yed-to-2019-based-on-russian-promo-materials/
Honestly I don't feel this means anything Smash-wise.

But to be honest I'm kinda glad Team Sonic Racing might be delayed. Because if it had stuck to Winter 2018. It's either releasing the same month as Pokemon. Or Smash. Not exactly an ideal release time. Plus some time to possibly polish it up some more.

GhostStorm

Smash Apprentice

But to be honest I'm kinda glad Team Sonic Racing might be delayed. Because if it had stuck to Winter 2018. It's either releasing the same month as Pokemon. Or Smash. Not exactly an ideal release time. Plus some time to possibly polish it up some more.
Yeah I'm sure it doesn't, but it always made me curious why they were willing to release what look like such an unpolished game in December for anyway. Thought they would have learned their lesson with Forces dropping the same month as Mario last year.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868

After Sonic '06, I think we all know what happens when SEGA tries to apply "gotta go fast" logic to development cycles.

SonicMario

Smash Master
After Sonic '06, I think we all know what happens when SEGA tries to apply "gotta go fast" logic to development cycles.
I mean, Team Sonic Racing isn't exactly Sonic 06 development rushed. There's reports it had been development for 3 years. No guarantee it's that great of a game still, but it's certainly going to be a relatively decent game since it's just going to follow in Sega All-Stars' footsteps (Even if it may not be quite as good as either of the Sega All Stars Racing games).

I don't expect the game to be amazing but it'll probably still have it's legitimately fun moments.

Penroze

The Surreal Deal
Switch FC
SW-7239-4479-0495
Not a big Sonic fan, but Tails was always the franchise's most interesting and likeable character to me. I support this fox! Best fox!

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:
Top Bottom