• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Will Believe In Myself: Miles "Tails" Prower Support Thread

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
I'm hoping the Pokemon source is wrong altogether. I don't really like Incineroar. His design was always weird to me. I'd much prefer Decidueye or Primarina. And if we're getting another Fire-Type starter I'd rather have Infernape(Pokemon version of Goku basically).
Also, I'm an Adeleine supporter so it's, even more, worse for me then Bandana Dee's fate.
Still, don't believe in the box theory. We have two more months to go and I'm at least expecting one or two(most likely a new fighter and Echo) more reveal(s) in October and 3 or four(one/ two fighter(s) and two/three Echoes) more in November. There's also the possibility of a few secret fighters being hidden away as unlockables in Ultimate just like Wolf, Toon Link and Jigglypuff were in Brawl. And like Nintendo were trying to do with some of the unlockable fighters in 3DS/Wii U before the ERSB leak.
I dunno.. if we got another fire type starter I would prefer Typhlosion, the only fire type starter to learn eruption (and one of seven that can learn it in general, and two out of the remaining six are his past evolutions), which could make for a badass final smash. That and I’ve always thought he’d be cool.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I dunno.. if we got another fire type starter I would prefer Typhlosion, the only fire type starter to learn eruption (and one of seven that can learn it in general, and two out of the remaining six are his past evolutions), which could make for a badass final smash. That and I’ve always thought he’d be cool.
if only

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
If we were to get another fire type starter, I would want Delphox 100%. That is my favorite Pokemon and favorite character in general, and who I voted for in the ballot. I don’t support Delphox for ultimate because I know his chances are next to none. Instead I’m now rooting for my 2nd most favorite fox who has much better chances this time around.

Last edited:

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
Sorry Rine, but Sakurai's already said during the 8/8 direct they're revealing all the characters (at least base-game wise anyway) before launch.
Oh right I forgot sorry.
Well I mean at the same time Sakurai could be lying to us about that. Remember this man is full of surprises so you never know. Chances of that are slim though.
And I have to disagree. ;)

Ininceroar is my favorite, so if the "leak" is true, I'll be very happy.

I still don't believe the "Box Theory" though, it seems like there's too much potential for a big push before the game comes out to only have one newcomer and one echo. If only two are what's left, they certainly squandered things by revealing so much in August, which doesn't make any sense to me at all. Plus, these kinds of "theories" always end up wrong anyway.
HOWEVER, I DISAGREE WITH THAT DISAGREEMENT! *Colress' theme starts playing*
Alright all joking aside,If you like Incineroar that's personally okay. I won't hate you because of it. Just because I don't like Incineroar doesn't mean someone else can like it. I respeact that.
Also, yes something to keep in mind. I remember when everyone though Wolf would get in because of that free space in the DLC fighter section on the 3DS/Wii U website. But that turned out wrong. This could also happen with the box theory. If so, I hope that no-one made a bet to make a nutsack'-sandwich which a certain someone still hasn't done. He's infamous for a certain reaction to Mewtwo.
Certainly an interesting idea. Typhlosion is one the only fire type starters who is both bipedal and can stand up. And yeah that Final Smash does sound pretty cool.
If we were to get another fire type starter, I would want Delphox 100%. That is my favorite Pokemon and favorite character in general, and who I voted for in the ballot. I don’t support Delphox for ultimate because I know his chances are next to none. Instead I’m now rooting for my 2nd most favorite fox who has much better chances this time around.
Your one of the few I've seen who actually Delphox. That makes two of us then. I love the Fennekin line(Mainly because of Serena from the Pokemon Anime). No-one seems like Delphox that much because of Braixen. Whilst yes I do prefer Braixen, I still do like Delphox

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Anyone heard the rumor about the Direct on Oct 6? Rumor is Isaac and Geno are coming.
I wouldn't put much thought into it. Unless they have any evidence to back things up, it's just as baseless as all the other wild claims on the internet.

Oh right I forgot sorry.
Well I mean at the same time Sakurai could be lying to us about that. Remember this man is full of surprises so you never know. Chances of that are slim though.

HOWEVER, I DISAGREE WITH THAT DISAGREEMENT! *Colress' theme starts playing*
Alright all joking aside,If you like Incineroar that's personally okay. I won't hate you because of it. Just because I don't like Incineroar doesn't mean someone else can like it. I respeact that.
Also, yes something to keep in mind. I remember when everyone though Wolf would get in because of that free space in the DLC fighter section on the 3DS/Wii U website. But that turned out wrong. This could also happen with the box theory. If so, I hope that no-one made a bet to make a nutsack'-sandwich which a certain someone still hasn't done. He's infamous for a certain reaction to Mewtwo.

Certainly an interesting idea. Typhlosion is one the only fire type starters who is both bipedal and can stand up. And yeah that Final Smash does sound pretty cool.

Your one of the few I've seen who actually Delphox. That makes two of us then. I love the Fennekin line(Mainly because of Serena from the Pokemon Anime). No-one seems like Delphox that much because of Braixen. Whilst yes I do prefer Braixen, I still do like Delphox
Add me to the pro-Delphox team. I had a blast raising my Shiny HA 'Phox and snagging items in battle.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Anyone heard the rumor about the Direct on Oct 6? Rumor is Isaac and Geno are coming.
I don’t really believe in any leaks that point out a specific date. Besides, guessing in early October is an easy guess. I wouldn’t take too much from it.
I wouldn't put much thought into it. Unless they have any evidence to back things up, it's just as baseless as all the other wild claims on the internet.

Add me to the pro-Delphox team. I had a blast raising my Shiny HA 'Phox and snagging items in battle.
I love shiny Delphox. I made an oc of that which is currently my avatar. I also have one in XY that really bulks up in special def and speed. Using a Chesto rest strat while using calm minds to build up its sweeping potential in the late game.

Also got a sticky web user to help it’s speed more.

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
Just a thought here. If Tails for some reason is an Echo of Sonic or is a Semi-Clone, could his Final Smash be Super Tails, with him summoning his Flicky army of DEATH, and launching them all over the screen similar to Super Sonic's in SSBU?
I don’t really believe in any leaks that point out a specific date. Besides, guessing in early October is an easy guess. I wouldn’t take too much from it.

I love shiny Delphox. I made an oc of that which is currently my avatar. I also have one in XY that really bulks up in special def and speed. Using a Chesto rest strat while using calm minds to build up its sweeping potential in the late game.

Also got a sticky web user to help it’s speed more.
I used Delphox on Pokemon Showdown once with a team consisting of Rhyperior, Sylveon, Hydreigon, Milotic and Frosslass.
It was actually a pretty good team. Delphox definitely helped. If you use the right set-up Delphox is a good fire type. Still, I use Infernape almost everytime, though. He will forever be one of my favourite Pokemon and my favourite starter

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
Not that it means much being a small sample size amongst the whole internet. But it's still kind of encouraging that Tails leads Mastermiine's poll by about double over Shadow (At least at this point and time. Last I checked it was 28 to 62 and I'm pretty sure the thread is older then Isabelle's reveal where people still generally thought the only way a 3rd party franchise is getting reps (due to Richter's inclusion still being on the mind) is through echo fighters because it was thought there would be no semi-clone newcomer.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I support Tails as a character as well as Shadow, if we ever get a Sonic villain, I’m hoping it’s Dr. Eggman/Robotnik.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Just a thought here. If Tails for some reason is an Echo of Sonic or is a Semi-Clone, could his Final Smash be Super Tails, with him summoning his Flicky army of DEATH, and launching them all over the screen similar to Super Sonic's in SSBU?
I wouldn't mind if Tails' final smash kind of pulls a Dark Pit where his Final Smash is different from the other character they're at least somewhat based off but it is essentially nearly the same thing as another character not even in the same franchise. I speak mainly of Fox and Falco's Ultimate Final Smash but instead of the Arwings it's the Tornado 2 from the Adventure series.

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I support Tails as a character as well as Shadow, if we ever get a Sonic villain, I’m hoping it’s Dr. Eggman/Robotnik.
Tails and Eggman are all I want from the Sonic franchise. It will be complete with them and everyone else would be a nice bonus.

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
So this theory has shown up recently:
Personally, I believe this theory a bit more than the Box theory(. The box's design can be changed at any time, so that's why. I trust the blog theory a bit more because of the whole Nintendo Direct delay situation we had and how they had to move Bowser there instead. And then after Isabelle, they had to rearrange everything, to get back on schedule.
Now, If this is true then this plays well into the Music theory and 108/9 stages theory. Question is, who are these characters? Here are my predictions of who I think they might be.:
-Tails(Unique Fighter)/Shadow(Echo) (Or who knows we may get both)
-Shantae
-Geno
-Dixie Kong(Echo)
-Ken(Echo)
-Isaac
-Bandana Dee
Anyways, what are all of your guys' opinion of this? Again I personally believe this over the Box theory. It seems a bit more sensible than putting all of our hopes on a box, out of all things.
(Also, as the comments in the video have pointed out, whoever's the 69th fighter, will never live it down. Let's hope it's not Tails. I can already see it. I've seen........................ 'art' of him and if he is the 69th fighter it'll get worse. :()

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Personally, I believe this theory a bit more than the Box theory(. The box's design can be changed at any time, so that's why. I trust the blog theory a bit more because of the whole Nintendo Direct delay situation we had and how they had to move Bowser there instead. And then after Isabelle, they had to rearrange everything, to get back on schedule.
Now, If this is true then this plays well into the Music theory and 108/9 stages theory. Question is, who are these characters? Here are my predictions of who I think they might be.:
-Shantae
-Geno
-Dixie Kong(Echo)
-Ken(Echo)
-Isaac
-Bandana Dee
Anyways, what are all of your guys' opinion of this? Again I personally believe this over the Box theory. It seems a bit more sensible than putting all of our hopes on a box, out of all things.
(Also, as the comments in the video have pointed out, whoever's the 69th fighter, will never live it down. Let's hope it's not Tails. I can already see it. I've seen........................ 'art' of him and if he is the 69th fighter it'll get worse. :()
This is actually the blog theory. PolarPanda collaborated with RelaxAlax to get that video made.

I'm personally hoping that Fighter #69 is Incineroar, so the 69 jokes can be piled onto the pre-existing "Incineroar is nasty" meme.
Also... that "art" you've seen wouldn't happen to be Bench Tails, would it? :crazy:

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman

SonicMario

Smash Master
-Shantae
-Geno
-Dixie Kong(Echo)
-Ken(Echo)
-Isaac
-Bandana Dee
I'm still keeping expectations as low on the box just to be safe. But also I'm just not sure there is time for 8 more fighters. The only scenario I see there that being that many is if there's two Smash directs left where 2-3 characters are revealed in October and one more blowout like the 8/8 direct in November. But I think there's only one more direct. So at most I'm thinking there's only 4-5 more (And that includes Ken and Incineroar in that number, so really just 2-3 more) even if the box theory isn't quite correct of there being only 2. And unfortunately I just can't see Tails being among those last 2-3, thought you know I'd love to be wrong.

Recent rumors seem to suggest at least a 2nd Square Enix character and... brace for it... Steve from Minecraft. Though they could also be the first DLC characters or something.

Also I don't care about the #69 heh. If Tails is #69 so be it, I'd be celebrating too hard to care that they're going to meme him all because of coincidental order.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I am thinking Steve and Geno are the last two non-echo 3rd parties in base game. Tails best shot is DLC.

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
I'm still keeping expectations as low on the box just to be safe. But also I'm just not sure there is time for 8 more fighters. The only scenario I see there that being that many is if there's two Smash directs left where 2-3 characters are revealed in October and one more blowout like the 8/8 direct in November. But I think there's only one more direct. So at most I'm thinking there's only 4-5 more (And that includes Ken and Incineroar in that number, so really just 2-3 more) even if the box theory isn't quite correct of there being only 2. And unfortunately I just can't see Tails being among those last 2-3, thought you know I'd love to be wrong.

Recent rumors seem to suggest at least a 2nd Square Enix character and... brace for it... Steve from Minecraft. Though they could also be the first DLC characters or something.

Also I don't care about the #69 heh. If Tails is #69 so be it, I'd be celebrating too hard to care that they're going to meme him all because of coincidental order.
I don't know. Seven characters would make sense since the roster would be even for Smashdown. Still, I'm expecting at least 5 or 6 characters at most.
If that whole Steve thing is true, why out of all third-party characters would you choose him? Especially since they'd have to get the right from Microsft, which you may as well request for Banjo and Kazooie instead, who are definitely more requested then Steve and Phil Spencer himself said that'd he'd like the idea of them joining. Seeing how Ultimate is focusing on more requested fighters then promotional ones, it just doesn't make sense. I can see an Assist but as a character in the base game. DLC I wouldn't mind. But base game's going a bit far.
Mmm....... true I guess. I just said because of Isabelle recently getting into Smash there's been certain increased searches for her.......... and....................................... I think you can piece this together.
(Seriously why are you into those things with a pure and adorable dog like her?)

/SPOILER]

SonicMario

Smash Master
Damn it. Jon from Gamexplain brought up the possibility of a Semi-Clone Shadow in the most recent Smash discussion. He's apparently possibly a secret leaker potentially cause of getting so many things/predictions right or things said as a joke that actually happened. Though perhaps he's just super lucky. Though he also did call FF7, 9, 10 and 10 2 in the last direct

I'll be blunt, if Shadow is playable and he's not an echo. I'll be pissed. I'll still try my best to campaign for Tails in DLC but I'll admit I'll feel more pessimistic about it then if Shadow was in the base game as just an echo. I kinda vented my frustrations of that possibility in the leak thread and said I'd better get Tails as Sonic's echo somehow as a consolation if this turns out to be another correct thing from Jon, because it'll be seriously messed up if Shadow gets this kind of honor while Tails is still left with nothing.

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
Damn it. Jon from Gamexplain brought up the possibility of a Semi-Clone Shadow in the most recent Smash discussion. He's apparently possibly a secret leaker potentially cause of getting so many things/predictions right or things said as a joke that actually happened. Though perhaps he's just super lucky. Though he also did call FF7, 9, 10 and 10 2 in the last direct

I'll be blunt, if Shadow is playable and he's not an echo. I'll be pissed. I'll still try my best to campaign for Tails in DLC but I'll admit I'll feel more pessimistic about it then if Shadow was in the base game as just an echo. I kinda vented my frustrations of that possibility in the leak thread and said I'd better get Tails as Sonic's echo somehow as a consolation if this turns out to be another correct thing from Jon, because it'll be seriously messed up if Shadow gets this kind of honor while Tails is still left with nothing.
It may be Dixie too, though. You never know.
You can also sign me up for that campaign.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Though Jon also did joke about Tetris L-Block at least on his twitter prior to the direct that revealed Isabelle (Reminder that he "joked" about Daisy prior to E3). So it's not like every single one of them cam true immediately. Let's just hope L-Block and semi-clone Shadow are both fake information Jon is getting out there to get the trail off him if he does know something heh. (Not all of the Final Fantasy games he mentioned were announced in the direct either)

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
Remember, there are three Links, and Roy, Lucina and Chrom are all Marth variations. So even if Shadow is in, Tails chances aren't fully sunk.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Despite Knuckles being my favorite Sonic character, it feels weird getting him an an AT if Tails won't be playable, hopefully he gets in over Shadow. But then again, Shadow being a semi clone with his own chaos powers would be pretty cool. Still hope we get Tails if we only get 1 more Sonic rep, I doubt we'd get two more Sonic characters, but I'd like to be wrong about that.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Honestly if we got semiclone Shadow and echo Tails, I'd still be perfectly fine with that. I just think that Knux and Shadow getting promoted and Tails getting nothing is insanity. I can see it happening, but it's still insanity.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Remember, there are three Links, and Roy, Lucina and Chrom are all Marth variations. So even if Shadow is in, Tails chances aren't fully sunk.
Yeah I still wouldn't quite give up yet.

But if Shadow is a semi-clone, it's no less going to be a very demoralizing day on my part. (Unless the miracle occurs where Tails is at least an echo instead. I'll still jump for joy at Tails being an echo if need be even if in the back of my mind I'll still have a bit of annoyance that Shadow was made more unique then him when that shouldn't make any sense. )

If Shadow's an echo in the base game and Tails' status is still unknown. It's still be a little demoralizing but not quite as much. It's just campaigning for a 2nd Sonic semi-clone is a much taller task then 1 echo already in the game with 1 semi-clone.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I really can't see Shadow as anything other than an Echo. Aside from Chaos Control, which Sonic has done also, he really just has the exact same abilities as Sonic.

Tails makes more sense as either an original or Semi-clone fighter since there is many more differences from Sonic.

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
I really can't see Shadow as anything other than an Echo. Aside from Chaos Control, which Sonic has done also, he really just has the exact same abilities as Sonic.

Tails makes more sense as either an original or Semi-clone fighter since there is many more differences from Sonic.
That's how I see it.

My main curiosity is if any technology would be incorporated into a Tails moveset or not.

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
My main curiosity is if any technology would be incorporated into a Tails moveset or not.
Some people have noted that the party popper the Isabelle gunner outfit uses from Smash 4 made it is as one of Isabelle's moves in Smash 4. It's possible Tails gets that laser gun that was given to that costume (Even if that'd be odd since he's never used a laser like that before in any game. It'd be more accurate to use Sonic Battle's arm cannon)

Man, imagine if Tails ending up being a hybrid character between Sonic, Fox (with that gun from the mii costume), and Brawl Pit's old up special xD

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
Some people have noted that the party popper the Isabelle gunner outfit uses from Smash 4 made it is as one of Isabelle's moves in Smash 4. It's possible Tails gets that laser gun that was given to that costume (Even if that'd be odd since he's never used a laser like that before in any game. It'd be more accurate to use Sonic Battle's arm cannon)

Man, imagine if Tails ending up being a hybrid character between Sonic, Fox (with that gun from the mii costume), and Brawl Pit's old up special xD
What was the old up special?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

I will say, here's a funny possibility: what if, alongside Tails, Sakurai threw in Vector as well? Which would make sense, since his concept existed since the days of Sonic 1. That's definitely a character that would make naysayers retroactively go "yeah, he was obvious".

I wouldn't mind it. We could use more creative Falcon-styled original move additions.

Plus, isn't the arm cannon kind of redundant in design when Mega Man is in the game?

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
The one interesting thing is that Sonic's current moveset is pretty heavily based on his older games, so it'd fir Tails without much effort. I don't know much Sonic past the 2D era, so I don't know how fitting the current kit is for Shadow beyond "lol they're both hedgehogs"

Tails does need to have a spin attack where he becomes an orange ball with a tail, and he needs to have a run animation where it's basically him floating on his toes while his tails are spinning behind him.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
I was just wondering about that Mii Fighter gun as well. I'd like to see some gadget-related attacks and maybe some bomb-throwing akin to Tails' Adventure.

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
Honestly if we got semiclone Shadow and echo Tails, I'd still be perfectly fine with that. I just think that Knux and Shadow getting promoted and Tails getting nothing is insanity. I can see it happening, but it's still insanity.
That would seem a bit strange, but you can't have everything I suppose. I'd take it for all for what it is worth.
That's how I see it. My main curiosity is if any technology would be incorporated into a Tails moveset or not.
Well, Tails is mainly known for his technological skills, so it is likely.

I always hated the Tails Mii costume. Not because he's not in, but because it is so inaccurate. Plus that and Tails' fact above the Mii always looked disturbing.
That Tails idea about being a Sonic and Fox combination with Pit's old Up-B sounds nightmarish, but also so fun at the same time >:D.
Also, calling it now that Tails will be in the top tiers or higher then Sonic at least. It'd be ironic that he would succed Sonic like that.

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
I always hated the Tails Mii costume. Not because he's not in, but because it is so inaccurate. Plus that and Tails' facr above the Mii always looked disturbing.
I actually was kind of happy with the Mii Costume. I knew Tails was a long shot for Smash 4 anyway. So I was fine with a close enough for now. It was pretty much the only reason I started playing Mii Gunner more often. I'm hoping the costume returns even if Tails doesn't make it base game. So at least I have that until the real deal potentially comes in for DLC.

I'll like the Mii costume even more though if it turns out to be a hint at him being playable in Ultimate like some of the other costumes turned out to be.

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
I will say, here's a funny possibility: what if, alongside Tails, Sakurai threw in Vector as well? Which would make sense, since his concept existed since the days of Sonic 1. That's definitely a character that would make naysayers retroactively go "yeah, he was obvious".

I wouldn't mind it. We could use more creative Falcon-styled original move additions.

Plus, isn't the arm cannon kind of redundant in design when Mega Man is in the game?
I heard of Mighty and Eggman being considered as mascots but never Vector.
Also, couldn't the same be said with Megaman since Samus also had an arm cannon and she got in before Rock.
I was just wondering about that Mii Fighter gun as well. I'd like to see some gadget-related attacks and maybe some bomb-throwing akin to Tails' Adventure.
Seeing as how Tails' Adventure, other then Skypatrol is the really main game Tails really got, I can see him borrowing alot from that game.
Infact Tails would be a perfect representative for the Sonic handheld games, with all of his moves from Battle, All the bombs from Tails' Adventure, the hook ring from Skypatrol and maybe even the hammer from Advance 3 when he's paired up with Amy. Heck if Sakurai wanted, instead of the Tornado or Super Tails his Final Smash could be that Robot Dog he had in Tails' Adventure and make it transform into A BATTLEPLANE. Metal as heck if you ask me. Both figuratively and literary.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Also, couldn't the same be said with Megaman since Samus also had an arm cannon and she got in before Rock.

Seeing as how Tails' Adventure, other then Skypatrol is the really main game Tails really got, I can see him borrowing alot from that game.
Infact Tails would be a perfect representative for the Sonic handheld games, with all of his moves from Battle, All the bombs from Tails' Adventure, the hook ring from Skypatrol and maybe even the hammer from Advance 3 when he's paired up with Amy. Heck if Sakurai wanted, instead of the Tornado or Super Tails his Final Smash could be that Robot Dog he had in Tails' Adventure and make it transform into A BATTLEPLANE. Metal as heck if you ask me. Both figuratively and literary.
Samus' is of a slightly different design. At any rate, Sakurai would want to recycle Mii fighter assets, this much is certain. In regards to Vector, he was going to be one of the members of Sonic's scrapped animal music band.

Also, don't forget the Sea Fox! That's the vehicle he uses in Tails' Adventure.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I just hope. That regardless of Shadow's fate in this game, whether he's in the game as an echo or even a semi-clone like I hope he doesn't, or among the first echo fighter DLC. That Sega, Nintendo, and Sakurai don't miss this supreme oppurtunity to have Mario & Luigi Vs. Sonic & Tails as a possible 2 v. 2 match in Smash.

Even pushing aside my bias for Tails. You'd think that'd be a baffling missed opportunity for a director who prides himself on collecting many of the most iconic characters and making dream matchups such as Link Vs. Cloud possible.

Shadow would not fulfill what Tails would to the roster. There is no Nintendo character that Shadow lives up to be matched up with. What do you do as a equivalent for Sonic & Shadow to go against? Mario & Wario? Wario has a bigger resume then Shadow does and I personally count Wario as closer to the Knuckles of the Mario franchise rather then Shadow (Even though Wario's more villainous then Knuckles is obviously). Maybe Shadow vs. the other dark counterparts like Dark Pit and Dark Samus? I must admit that's something Shadow actually kind of beats them in something since I do actually kinda like Shadow alot more then Dark Pit. As much crap I sometimes give Shadow, he still wouldn't be worse then Dark Pit to me heh. And Shadow's been in more Sonic games on Nintendo consoles then Dark Samus has been in games in general. Shadow's debut even having an upgraded port to the gamecube that just so happens to be the first Sonic game to get onto Nintendo consoles. (I suppose there's also Mewtwo and Wolf both having been villains and anti-heroes at one point. Wolf is kind of back to being a villain but in Star Fox Assault he was very much an anti-hero in that game. Still I don't think it's quite enough. Shadow and Mewtwo is the only solid Smash relationship I could see, pushed to attack humanity by tragic reasons but realizing there were better ways later)

Tails however again has the iconic duo status that is rare to say you have on the level of Mario and Luigi. Even besides that Tails would be a fun character to interact with the Star Fox crew, all the younger/kid characters in Smash, the Pokemon, the robots, the Animal Crossing characters (Tails and Isabelle might be a fun crossover friendship to think about), etc. Tails just feels like he fits among the cast more and besides him being my favorite Sonic character is why I hope he gets in regardless of where Shadow stands.

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman

I had no idea Super Tails is a thing, or that he had a robot dog.

Top Bottom