• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Will Believe In Myself: Miles "Tails" Prower Support Thread

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
Samus' is of a slightly different design. At any rate, Sakurai would want to recycle Mii fighter assets, this much is certain. In regards to Vector, he was going to be one of the members of Sonic's scrapped animal music band.

Also, don't forget the Sea Fox! That's the vehicle he uses in Tails' Adventure.
Oh yeah. I forgot Sonic was orginally going to have that. The 90's were weird thats for sure.
I didn't forget about the Sea Fox. I just don't know how they'd incoporate it since it has to be underwater. Then again since, when has Smash stuck to realism and canon am I right?

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
If Dedede appeared in Tails' trailer...

...would that mean that Tails gets trolled?

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
I had no idea Super Tails is a thing, or that he had a robot dog.
That's exactly why I want him in. Most people don't know that Tails can do this type of stuff since he's been pushed to the sides alot recently.
If Dedede appeared in Tails' trailer...

...would that mean that Tails gets trolled?
The thought of Tails killing Dedede now popped up in my mind.
The idea is hilarious, when you think about it. Too bad(or fortunately I guess.....?) he was killled off by King K. Rool already.

Last edited:

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
It's been long enough since I've played a Sonic game that I was surprised that he had apparently been sidelined a bit.

But I can think of a couple of reptiles that haven't even been getting that much....

SonicMario

Smash Master
The idea is hilarious, when you think about it. Too bad(or fortunately I guess.....?) he was killled off by King K. Rool already.
If any Nintendo character gets "killed" during a Tails trailer. I think it'd be Fox or Falco. One of them being caught by surprise and shot down by a really smart pilot kid :V

Isabelle showed though that's not the central theme for every character.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
If any Nintendo character gets "killed" during a Tails trailer. I think it'd be Fox or Falco. One of them being caught by surprise and shot down by a really smart pilot kid :V

Isabelle showed though that's not the central theme for every character.
Personally, I'd have Tails messing up Susie Haltmann — wait, she's not in this game. Never mind.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Sega Ages put up results for a Japanese twitter poll for what games fans would like to see on the Switch

The Full List:

1. Jet Set Radio series
  2. Shenmue (I & II)
  3. Azel: Panzer Dragoon RPG
  4. Virtua Fighter series
  5. Shining series
  6. Panzer Dragoon series
  7. Sakura Wars series
  8. Puyo Puyo series
  9. Cyber Troopers Virtual-On series
  10. Burning Ranger
  11. Skies of Arcadia
  12. NiGHTS into dreams…
  13. Golden Axe series
  14. Mushiking: The King of Beetles series
  15. Phantasy Star Online
  16. Space Channel 5 series
  17. OutRunners
  18. Sonic Adventure 1, 2
  19. Daytona USA series
  20. SpikeOut series
  21. Die Hard Arcade series
  22. Sonic 3 & Knuckles
  23. Virtua Racing
  24. Fantasy Zone series
  25. Dragon Force series
  26. Sega Rally series
  27. Phantasy Star (old) series
  28. Guardian Heroes
  29. Out Run 2 (including SP)
  30. Wing War

I would love to have Adventure 1 and 2 on the Switch. Those 2 games were a big part of my childhood. But I'm sure all these games would make plenty of Sega fans happy to see again.

Exalt4747

Smash Journeyman
They still need to make the steam version of adventure 2 controller compatible.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Man, things are going crazy in the rumor talk. Apparently there's now talk of...

TWO more Square Enix characters. Possibly both Geno and Sora

If Sora gets added that's one step closer to all the Smash Flash 2 characters (Minus the Anime characters). And that'd only be good news for Tails. Also that's technically one company getting 3 uniques. Tails would definitely be possible as DLC later regardless of some arbitrary limits on 3rd parties then.

I doubt Sora gets in still as I'm not sure Sakurai even has the magic to get freakin' Disney under his whims. But it'd be something to behold.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Man, things are going crazy in the rumor talk. Apparently there's now talk of...

If Sora gets added that's one step closer to all the Smash Flash 2 characters (Minus the Anime characters). And that'd only be good news for Tails. Also that's technically one company getting 3 uniques. Tails would definitely be possible as DLC later regardless of some arbitrary limits on 3rd parties then.

I doubt Sora gets in still as I'm not sure Sakurai even has the magic to get freakin' Disney under his whims. But it'd be something to behold.

We need another Direct so bad. The hype is so high. I don't think we are getting much more in the Base. However, I do believe Smash Ultimate could have a robust DLC catalogue.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Alright, so I'm changing a bit on my views on Speculation here.

I'll still of course be vouching for Tails anyway I can regardless of the situation. But I'm going to try my best to no longer complain about Shadow. I've kinda put things under perspective especially under recent discussions in the leak thread that I shouldn't worry about this all too much.

Whether we get both Tails & Shadow, just Tails, just Shadow, or even neither. This is going to be one hell of a character game by the time all the characters are done being added. Again, still going to personally pursue any hope I can that Tails makes it. But it's no longer going to be any skin off my back what happens with Shadow.

I'm not going to treat Shadow getting in any different then if he wasn't in the game at all. And just focus on Tails come DLC time and definitely appreciate that Sonic Adventure 2, my favorite game in the series, might be getting some degree of representation in a roster full of so many great franchises.

My reaction to seeing Shadow in Smash if it happens will no longer be quite as salty as it would be if it was confirmed even as short as 24 hours ago. I've just come to a new perspective that quickly. :)

Last edited:

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
It's been long enough since I've played a Sonic game that I was surprised that he had apparently been sidelined a bit.

But I can think of a couple of reptiles that haven't even been getting that much....
Do you mean Ridley and K.Rool?

If Sora gets in that's good enough for me, I love Kingdom Hearts, so him getting in would be great. I think it's possible. Vice President of Disney Japan, Justin Scarpone himself said he would be interested into putting Sora in Smash. And then there was a deleted tweet with Shinji Hashimoto, the co-creator of Kingdom Hearts recently responded to a Fan saying #Sora4Smash saying "Yes!". You wanna know the interesting part? HE DELETED THAT TWEET.
Whilst Disney does own Sora, Nomura himself does have the say to what Sora appears in(commercial, merchandise etc.). Keep in mind Nomura and Sakurai are pretty close friends too and Nomura helped to create the Subspace Emissary (which explains why the Primids are a discount Heartless).
I think this is possible. And I'll be happy too.
I don't know who I want more. Sora or Tails

Last edited:

The Snitch Studio

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
3637 4300 0430
My Best Friend Really Wants Sora in Smash So Much. He's a huge kingdom hearts fan, so I would be very happy to see sora as my friend gets his most wanted Newcomer, but...if this is to be believed...Tails as a Unique instead of Echo is so sure at this point. (Upgrade wise, not saying he's a lock)

SonicMario

Smash Master
I'm getting a strong feeling October will finally be the month Sonic gets the music of the week. Whether's that's good or bad for a new Sonic character will entirely depend on what happens. Though October seems to be the month for Sonic stuff in Smash. He was announced for Brawl on October 10th, in Smash 4 his return was announced in the October 1st, 2013 direct. So we'll see if something happens for Sonic whether it's just a new remix or even a new character or two.

Of course now that I've said this, watch Sonic be this coming week's franchise music on the last week of September

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I'm getting a strong feeling October will finally be the month Sonic gets the music of the week. Whether's that's good or bad for a new Sonic character will entirely depend on what happens. Though October seems to be the month for Sonic stuff in Smash. He was announced for Brawl on October 10th, in Smash 4 his return was announced in the October 1st, 2013 direct. So we'll see if something happens for Sonic whether it's just a new remix or even a new character or two.

Of course now that I've said this, watch Sonic be this coming week's franchise music on the last week of September
If Shadow or Tails are coming in a non-echo'd form, I can almost guarantee you that Sonic music won't come until at least one of those two are shown off. If the music does come, however.... then echo solo shadow or no shadow at all is really the only two possibilities, at least for the base game.

I'm willing to bet the Sonic/October stuff is just coincidental. Probably. But we'll see what happens.

Right now I believe there are 11 franchises left that need a song on the website. So Sonic has about a 1/11 chance this upcoming week if the developers aren't intentionally saving his music for a character reveal.

Last edited:

Chrono.

If Shadow or Tails are coming in a non-echo'd form, I can almost guarantee you that Sonic music won't come until at least one of those two are shown off. If the music does come, however.... then echo solo shadow or no shadow at all is really the only two possibilities, at least for the base game.

I'm willing to bet the Sonic/October stuff is just coincidental. Probably. But we'll see what happens.

Right now I believe there are 11 franchises left that need a song on the website. So Sonic has about a 1/11 chance this upcoming week if the developers aren't intentionally saving his music for a character reveal.
For someone who's practically given up on Tails for the base game, I'm still kinda nervous about Tuesday lol.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
There's a ton of franchises left that have absolutely no chances at getting characters, so I won't be surprised at all if it's one of them.

It would be nice to get music for either Xenoblade, Kid Icarus, or Pokemon. We could at least cut down the competition then, with the latter contradicting with Vergeben.

Last edited:

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Honestly y'all, even though Tails is like close to being my number one want, I really feel like he probably has a better chance at being DLC. I REALLY wanna believe though!! ;^;

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Honestly y'all, even though Tails is like close to being my number one want, I really feel like he probably has a better chance at being DLC. I REALLY wanna believe though!! ;^;
Tails had a Mii costume in Smash 4, and you know who else had Mii costumes in Smash 4? :ultinkling:, :ultkrool:, :ultchrom:, :ultisabelle:. So he has a great chance to make it in the base roster.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Tails had a Mii costume in Smash 4, and you know who else had Mii costumes in Smash 4? :ultinkling:, :ultkrool:, :ultchrom:, :ultisabelle:. So he has a great chance to make it in the base roster.
True, but he could get the Assist Trophy treatment, and for some reason him in the background of Green Hill might actually mean something.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Hey everyone, just wanted to stop by and ask if I could be added to the support list for Tails. He needs all the numbers he can get.

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
He disowned that leak a long time ago.

Plus Zero is an Assist Trophy so that alone kills it.
That's actually pretty interesting though when you think about it. Assuming if Tails isn't an Assist and that Verge's information is true that might mean Tails might've been, considered, planned or even scrapped for the game. I know it's a long stretch but still. Who knows if for whatever reason all of his information is true and that Tails was originally supposed to be in the game, that could make the DLC campaign a bit easier for him. Plus he hasn't said anything about Shadow yet so if he isn't in the base game, that makes everything even easier. He could be DLC alongside Tails or not be in altogether.
Edit: Just read the whole thing and I can see why Verge disregarded it. Still it's a thought.

Last edited:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I still think it's very interesting that Isabelle's Mii Gunner gun was a party popper, which is exactly what she uses now as an official character for her F-Smash. Tails' Mii Gun is completely original... I just... don't feel like they would make such a unique weapon for him if they had no plans on re-using it? Like they coulda just given him an arm canon and called it a day. Geno's kinda got the same thing going on.

It's still super hard for me to believe that he won't be making an appearance in the game in some form other than the old GHZ background. Sure, the Box theory goes against him, but literally every other theory is in his favor. I still wan't to have hope.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I had a dream about Smash and both Tails, Shadow, Crash Bandicoot, and Banjo-Kazooie were in it but Rayman wasn't. The roster had 3 new pokemon and a ton of characters that I had never heard of. I guess my dream is about as credible as most of these leaks lol.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
That's exactly why I want him in. Most people don't know that Tails can do this type of stuff since he's been pushed to the sides alot recently.

I don't think he was "killed." All he got was a slap on the head, I don't think it was intended the same way as Luigi or Mega Man. Either way, he can still return regardless.

I still think it's very interesting that Isabelle's Mii Gunner gun was a party popper, which is exactly what she uses now as an official character for her F-Smash. Tails' Mii Gun is completely original... I just... don't feel like they would make such a unique weapon for him if they had no plans on re-using it? Like they coulda just given him an arm canon and called it a day. Geno's kinda got the same thing going on.

It's still super hard for me to believe that he won't be making an appearance in the game in some form other than the old GHZ background. Sure, the Box theory goes against him, but literally every other theory is in his favor. I still wan't to have hope.
The party popper is something Isabelle does often in New Leaf (whenever a public works project is completed to be exact) so her having it in her moveset makes sense.

The only time I believe Tails had a gun was in SA2 to make him play like Eggman. I don't think it's something associated with him that much outside of that one instance.

As long as Tails isn't shuffled away to an AT or boss role, he still is in the running. DLC is very possible and gives hope for those who missed the base game.

Chrono.

I
The party popper is something Isabelle does often in New Leaf (whenever a public works project is completed to be exact) so her having it in her moveset makes sense.

The only time I believe Tails had a gun was in SA2 to make him play like Eggman. I don't think it's something associated with him that much outside of that one instance.

As long as Tails isn't shuffled away to an AT or boss role, he still is in the running. DLC is very possible and gives hope for those who missed the base game.
For what it's worth, Tails had a Mega Man-esque arm cannon in Sonic Battle.

PleasingFearfulDarwinsfox-small.gif

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
The most deserving extra character for Sonic, in my opinion. Even though Shadow and Eggman come pretty close.

About unique gimmicks Fox Boy could have? I'd say relegate his signature flight to both a hover and his n-air, along with enabling him to grab onto partners while using it in Team Battles. Tails' Final Smash would most likely be an assault while piloting the Tornado 2.

Count me in as a supporter!

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
I don't think he was "killed." All he got was a slap on the head, I don't think it was intended the same way as Luigi or Mega Man. Either way, he can still return regardless.

Eh... I mean it is still possible that Dedede got have got killed off somehow. With the whole theme of characters dying off(except in Isabelle's trailer, but it's Animal Crossing so I don't know how you can kill off anyone when we're talking about that series). But yeah he might also be alive.

I had a dream about Smash and both Tails, Shadow, Crash Bandicoot, and Banjo-Kazooie were in it but Rayman wasn't. The roster had 3 new pokemon and a ton of characters that I had never heard of. I guess my dream is about as credible as most of these leaks lol.
That sounded like a good dream to have.
I had a dream were Shadow, Daisy and Waluigi(lol) were in Smash and another with Infernape in it.
For what it's worth, Tails had a Mega Man-esque arm cannon in Sonic Battle.

View attachment 166606
I don't know why they created an original ray gun for Tails even though he had one in Sonic Battle. Maybe Sakurai didn't know much about Sonic Battle at the time or he simply forgot about it?
Anyways if Tails gets in I hope he has his Sonic Battle arm cannon instead of that cartoony looking Ray-Gun. (Even for a series like Sonic i can't take that thing seriously).

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Tails officially joined the recent Bowsette trend. Its about time

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Well, at least Tails is in some peoples' minds. Hopefully Sakurai will give us Sonic's #2 so we can see Sonic and his BFF together in Smash.

Now I'm going to go burn this post.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Eh... I mean it is still possible that Dedede got have got killed off somehow. With the whole theme of characters dying off(except in Isabelle's trailer, but it's Animal Crossing so I don't know how you can kill off anyone when we're talking about that series). But yeah he might also be alive.

That sounded like a good dream to have.
I had a dream were Shadow, Daisy and Waluigi(lol) were in Smash and another with Infernape in it.

I don't know why they created an original ray gun for Tails even though he had one in Sonic Battle. Maybe Sakurai didn't know much about Sonic Battle at the time or he simply forgot about it?
Anyways if Tails gets in I hope he has his Sonic Battle arm cannon instead of that cartoony looking Ray-Gun. (Even for a series like Sonic i can't take that thing seriously).
You always can't remember your dreams when you wake up but there was like 20 new characters. Interesting thing was, in the dream it was December 7th and I found out by clicking a button that showed all the content (it only showed the original 8 at the start). I had to do the adventure mode to unlock all of the content. There was a lot of random characters. I want to say that a Goomba was one, Moblin, etc. There was a lot of WTF characters.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Holy ****, today was a Pokemon song.

That means either we're not getting a Pokemon rep or the Music theory is wrong.

SonicMario

Smash Master
We have a plot twist, or more likely, some huge doubt put in the Music theory now. We have Pokemon music already. The problem is unless Verge is wrong about there being a Pokemon rep at all then the theory may actually be busted. (Though it's possible they may take Pokemon music by generation, maybe a Gen 3 song at least deconfirms a Gen 3 Pokemon (So no Gardevoir) but not a Gen 7 one that would come with Incineroar later perhaps)

It's probably going to be a hot topic of debate (As if this community hasn't had enough debates between both the box and the blog theories though lol). People are going to say music theory is dead, but then some who have come to believe it fully because of how they delayed the Animal Crossing music for Isabelle will try to point that out. I admit I was kinda swooned over to believing it because of what was done for Isabelle. But now I think I'm right back to doubting it for now. It would be the first time Verge was dead wrong about a character for this game.

Top Bottom