• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U I received an early copy of Super Smash Bros Wii U and want to help provide info for you all, AMA!

Zarxrax

Smash Apprentice
All I want to know...
is there a cool mini game to play during the credits sequence?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
On the 29th I can answer that. If people are willing to wait as I have dolphin set up now and I use a mayflash USB adapter for it.

Please note the OP's words, I underlined the part that pertains to your question.
Actually...

OMG IF I CAN USE GC CONTROLLER ON MY LINUX...

Btw, running TTYD on keyboard has the very annoying problem of not having a stick to spin...I want GC controller working on my pc so badly...

BanchoBowser

Smash Rookie
NNID
kingkoopa666
sooooo who got nerfed and who got buffed ? i heard smash for wii u already has some changes from the 3DS version because it's version 1.4. the only thing i heard and saw so far is that luma takes 5 seconds longer for it to return on the stage after being K.O'd.

Karsticles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Karsticles
Two questions:
Are air dodge cancels still in?
Can I set two buttons to one effect?

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
My question probably got lost in the last pages but are you able to say if trophy-viewing control is terrible like the 3DS version? Like it zooms in/out really quickly and not very far and if you try to get a top/bottom view the camera automatically snaps back to a middle view?

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
PLEASE tell me Toon Link still has his bomb cancel? Don't know if you know how to do it, try holding a bomb, dodging into the ground and doing down b to see if it cancels the landing lag please!
pretty sure this is still in, he cancels the lag by throwing the bomb correct? let me know and ill test further if not

Two questions:
Are air dodge cancels still in?
Can I set two buttons to one effect?
i already confirmed this but yup!

also to the person who asked, rush canceling is no longer in afaik

Im sorry I cant answer everything but I do come back to this thread from time to time, please understand that I must be very careful about what details I provide out of respect for Nintendo and everyone involved in the production of this game as well as for my own protection from the Regginator. A lot of questions will either get me in trouble or I have already answered, so please don't take offense if I am not as active as you would like me to be.

Last edited:

atomicblast360

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AtomicBlast360
Are there any new stages we have no seen? Just a yes or no if you can

Actually that seems like it might be under embargo, if you can't say anything that's fine

Last edited:

König Nickerchen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoenigNickerchen
Are there more stages then 8x6=48 Stages, and is Fountain of Dreams and Pirate Ship in?
PLEASE ANSWER!

the8thark

Smash Lord
I do have a question if possible I'd like answered.

Are there any noticeable bugs or glitches in the game?
I think we all would like to know this, so we can prepare for them, well till they are fixed.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
Regarding Stage Builder, I have a few questions: Can you make walk-offs? And does the magma just do damage or does it kill at 100% like the danger zones in the great cave offensive?

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
Does the Wii U version get a free trophy at the start like the 3DS version does?

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
What happens when you connect your 3DS to your Wii U? Do Custom Moves you had before unlock? Do characters unlock this way as well? Challenges? Stats such as play time, number of KOs transfer over?

Last edited:

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
The blast zones are smaller if all the footage we have is any indicator. Characters regularly die below 100 even without gimps. The magnified zones are nearly non-existant on some stages, once you fly off in any direction once you touch they edge you're basically dead.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
The blast zones are smaller if all the footage we have is any indicator. Characters regularly die below 100 even without gimps. The magnified zones are nearly non-existant on some stages, once you fly off in any direction once you touch they edge you're basically dead.
That's weird. You would think that they would keep things rather consistent for both versions.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
The footage I've seen seems like the exact same to me. Can you provide me with some examples? Pretty doubtful considering people would've blown up over that change almost immediately.

Last edited:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Can you set your C-stick to attack and perform jab/nair with a diagonal C-stick input?

Lemon Girl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Maguitus
3DS FC
0147-0570-9943
That's weird. You would think that they would keep things rather consistent for both versions.
It could be true (I hope), because different stages mean different blastzones. Besides, I think they just messed up the sizes on the 3DS.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Have we had confirmations of the resolution yet? Nintendo has repeatedly promised the game would actual render natively in 1080p. Does the game look substantially better than, say, Mario Kart 8?

Boo_Destroyer

Smash Journeyman
Are transferring custom characters and using the 3DS as a controller the only things that the 3DS/Wii U connectivity has going for it?

Kese

Smash Cadet
NNID
agentghost29
How's the game in 1080p 60fps? Does it run smoothly & did you experience any frame dips?

Hyruleslink

Smash Journeyman
Are transferring custom characters and using the 3DS as a controller the only things that the 3DS/Wii U connectivity has going for it?
Yes that's it, besides getting MewTwo for free in the spring. And the nice thing is while x-fering does not unlock any custom moves, you can still use them by x-fering the characters over from 3DS even if the custom moves are not unlocked yet in the Wii U.

Bearbuddy4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bearbuddy3
Can you tell us how responsive and fluid gameplay is with a Pro Controller conpared to a GameCube Controller?

This is something i've wanted to know aswell. I actually bought a wiiu pro controller because I wanted to use it for other wiiu games, the gcc controller cant be used for other wiiu games.

Top Bottom