• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U I received an early copy of Super Smash Bros Wii U and want to help provide info for you all, AMA!

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Proof: https://twitter.com/TorontoJoeSSB/status/530854707263438848

Long story short, I was given an early copy of SSBU from Nintendo Canada for my involvement in the Smash community and now I want to pay it forward! Have any questions about the game? I'll do my best to answer them all as long as they comply with my embargo agreement with Nintendo!

I cannot discuss anything related to trophy/stage unlockables until the 21st

I will also be uploading a lot of exclusive content for Smash Wii U on www.youtube.com/evenmatchupgaming so make sure to subscribe to catch all the updates!

<3!

Last edited:

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
So a big worrying point about custom moves with the Wii U version is unlocking them. However, with the 3DS to Wii U connection, many of us thought we would have to send custom move card/templates for every character, which is still inconvenient.

Theres now a rumor that it's no longer necessary and that once you connect the 3DS to the Wii U, all custom moves that were unlocked on the 3DS version of the game get unlocked on the Wii U version, without having to go thru every individual character.

Can you confirm/deny this?

It's also worth testing that you don't need the 3DS to be connected at all times for the custom moves to stay right? as well as, do you need to have the same nintendo netowrk id on both consoles ot connect, or can any 3ds connect to any wii u?

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I would like to know if the Great Sea remix from The Wind Waker sounds good. What did you think of it?

Chompjil

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chompjil
3DS FC
0387-8858-0021
Unlock requirements for characters possibly? Or just try some special orders

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
What's the actual extent of the information embargo?

Are you allowed to tell us about Assist Trophies or would that violate the user agreement?

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Based TO Joe.
Edit for question: Uh, uhm, how pretty is it?

Last edited:

Cactusblah

Smash Apprentice
So there are hidden things in the game you can't tell us about yet?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Is Wario's glitched out vectoring still in the Wii U version?

Also could you upload some of Pit's codec call things (or if not what are some really funny ones that stick out to you)?

Last edited:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I'm assuming you can't tell us about unlockable stages. What's really interesting here is behavior on Wii U exclusive stages. Here's my list:

Kalos Pokemon League: We're still really unsure how this stage really works. We've seen/heard about Rayquaza attacking in the dragon room and about a metal pool that turns fighters metal in the steel room, but then when we've seen gameplay of the stage these things are nowhere to be found. Do these things only happen sometimes when those forms are drawn, are they special sorts of events (like event mode stuff), or what? We also have no idea about the fire form (we know about the platforms with a fire hazard under them, but we don't know about any dynamic behavior nor about the hit power of the hazard), and we don't know if there's a champion's room you go to on this stage.

Orbital Gate Assault: We've heard about damaging hazards here, but it's unclear precisely what's going on. What on this stage can actually hit fighters can cause damage, and how does it work (both in terms of how hard it hits and how predictable it is)? Does the stage loop back to the Great Fox after you ride the missile flying left, or is there more to the stage before it loops that we haven't seen yet?

Wrecking Crew: When you get stuck in the barrels, what does it actually do to you?

Port Town Aero Dive: Do the cars still hit as hard as they did in Brawl?

Mushroom Kingdom U: How does Nabbit work? When does he show up, what is the consequence of being grabbed by him, how easy is he to avoid, and can you break out of his sack?

Duck Hunt: I don't know if you can talk about this stage, but it was in a trailer so maybe. Do the dog and ducks ever come out in the background, and if they do, do they interact with the fight or just serve as decoration?

Those are the main pressing questions about stage behavior I can think of; thanks a bunch for any you can answer.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Can you tell us how responsive and fluid gameplay is with a Pro Controller conpared to a GameCube Controller?

Soul.

So a big worrying point about custom moves with the Wii U version is unlocking them. However, with the 3DS to Wii U connection, many of us thought we would have to send custom move card/templates for every character, which is still inconvenient.

Theres now a rumor that it's no longer necessary and that once you connect the 3DS to the Wii U, all custom moves that were unlocked on the 3DS version of the game get unlocked on the Wii U version, without having to go thru every individual character.

Can you confirm/deny this?

It's also worth testing that you don't need the 3DS to be connected at all times for the custom moves to stay right? as well as, do you need to have the same nintendo netowrk id on both consoles ot connect, or can any 3ds connect to any wii u?
Transferring a custom character made on the 3DS version to the Wii U version does not unlock the custom moves, as seen in a YouTube video. You can transfer the character, but you can't edit it or change the rest of the custom moves. At least, this is what I heard.
(Also lol if you're wondering I don't have this game. I just saw a YouTube video about the custom move transfer.)

Hyruleslink

Smash Journeyman
Transferring a custom character made on the 3DS version to the Wii U version does not unlock the custom moves, as seen in a YouTube video. You can transfer the character, but you can't edit it or change the rest of the custom moves. At least, this is what I heard.
(Also lol if you're wondering I don't have this game. I just saw a YouTube video about the custom move transfer.)
It may not unlock the move, but it may still transfer to the profile on the Wii U even if still locked. That's what we need to figure out.

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
Are you able to show off Pyrosphere at all? Really curious to see how a full battle looks there!

F.L.U.D.D.99

Smash Rookie
NNID
SmashFriend1999
3DS FC
0104-1503-6998
Can you tell us how fancy it's the voice of Metal Face? :)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't expect you to upload anything about the Palutena's Guidance commentaries, but there is just one little tidbit I want to have out of the way:

Do they call Rosalina a "princess"? Like with "Princess Peach"?

If not then good.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Dude offering info is probably a violation of your agreement lol. Be careful... nintendo is watching

Soul.

It may not unlock the move, but it may still transfer to the profile on the Wii U even if still locked. That's what we need to figure out.
I'm pretty sure you can use them even if they're locked....just by transferring the one made on the 3DS.

cheezy

Smash Rookie
NNID
cheez124
3DS FC
2664-2287-2711
alright, kind of a silly question... but how far can you zoom in/ turn the camera around when paused? you could barely zoom in at all on 3DS, which made it harder to take good screenshots sometimes

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
In the 3DS version, the game remembers which color palette you last used for a character the next time you go to play. Does the Wii U do this? And does it work for all players; player 2 having their own favorites, separate from player one, etc.

Also, are you allowed to comment on whether or not the Stage Creator has unlockable parts?

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
Have you unlocked a CD with "Don't Speak Her Name" from Fire Emblem Awakening?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
There's a Challenge in the 3DS Version that gives you a Kirby Stage when you use Kirby's Final Smash in Smash Mode.
Can you try doing the same Challenge in the Wii U Version and see if it unlocks anything?
Just curious. :p

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Alright, you Canadian scum. You are going to send that copy south of the border. To me. Otherwise, we'll have to burn your city to the ground. Again. So, hand it over and there won't be any trouble.

JUST KIDDING! :chuckle::chuckle: I was wondering about the music. Anything particularly cool or unexpected, especially for the Pokemon or Earthbound stages?

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Can you actually have fun in "for fun" or will you get booted out of the match for taunting too much. In other words, any hope for the return of good old fashioned taunt parties! LOL You know, with a little friendly fighting? It's like knock-down drag out in for fun mode now. Can you control items and stages in with anyone modes?

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
If you can comment on this at the moment, are there any more secret Melee or N64 stages not from Brawl?

Top Bottom