• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Need the Names of known/good Meta Knight Players *Updated with tourney link*

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
O.o maybe i played a diff tkd then

just wanna point out the top mks like 4/9 of them on that list live in NJ?

Deoxys

Smash Lord
Nice list. I saw some of Infiniy's vids, he's at least as good as Dojo.
LOL Jumpman always is good for lulz. (No offense Infinity)

Nice.

I love how everyone thinks Affinity is dead in Extended and so nobody prepares for it lol.
Ew, type 1.X.

We're all forgetting someone who has done an immense amount for the MK boards and proven himself as an MK main.

brinboy789
QFT. XD

Keen is about as good as I am with MK as far as I have seen, but he switches characters.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Not according to Niko you don't.

I kid, I kid. I'm just stirring the pot, don't mind me.
I kid, I kid. I'm just stirring the pot, don't mind me.
I'm just stirring the pot, don't mind me.
I'm just stirring the pot
just stirring the pot
stirring the pot

"Hey man, what's going on in this thread?"

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Nice.

I love how everyone thinks Affinity is dead in Extended and so nobody prepares for it lol.
I ran affinity, I got 18th :D

Affinity is hot :D

Also, the statement about 1.x being bad. Look at standard. That thing sucks.

EDIT: To make this on topic.

What are the qualifications for a "good" metaknight?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I ran affinity, I got 18th :D
Nice.

Duh. Type 2 humps men.

Also, I got infracted for the Cheech & Chong post. I guess I should have known better. =/

Still worth the 2 points tho lol.

Deoxys

Smash Lord

EDIT: To make this on topic.

What are the qualifications for a "good" metaknight?
That's why I play Type 1 only. ;) :chuckle:
It's the only format that's so good that the DCI goes out of its way to try to make it worse.

Also, good question. What about those who have added to Ankoku's list? Too systematic/restrictive?

Still worth the 2 points tho lol.
Should have used fewer segments and/or said something on topic.

Babar-Thorbald

Smash Apprentice
That's why I play Type 1 only. ;) :chuckle:
It's the only format that's so good that the DCI goes out of its way to try to make it worse.

Also, good question. What about those who have added to Ankoku's list? Too systematic/restrictive?

Should have used fewer segments and/or said something on topic.
==> extend remains the best... Type 1 is too expensive :s

Gates

Banned via Warnings
GIMR, I just thought of something. Are you planning on inviting Azen to this tourney of yours? He really doesn't have a main, so I was just wondering.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
lol that I'm not on there.

even though I'm one of the better MK's in the nation.

but I wouldn't go to an all MK tournament if you payed me...

Deoxys

Smash Lord
==> extend remains the best... Type 1 is too expensive :s
ROFLMAO!

Yes, nothing is more affordable than buying 4 Tarmogoyfs! Oh wait!

Ninety-nine percent (not exaggerating) of type 1 tournaments allow 10+ proxies, and I'd say 90% allow 15. Considering that every time a set comes in you don't have to shell out $120+ every time a new set comes in, and your cards NEVER rotate out, type 1 is MUCH cheaper than Extended unless you're only going to play for 2 years.

On topic: Rx- is this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGh7qC7j4Uo

He's worthy of being added to the list, but not worthy of lol'ing over his absence on the list.

OverLade

Smash Hero
ROFLMAO!

Yes, nothing is more affordable than buying 4 Tarmogoyfs! Oh wait!

Ninety-nine percent (not exaggerating) of type 1 tournaments allow 10+ proxies, and I'd say 90% allow 15. Considering that every time a set comes in you don't have to shell out $120+ every time a new set comes in, and your cards NEVER rotate out, type 1 is MUCH cheaper than Extended unless you're only going to play for 2 years.

On topic: Rx- is this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGh7qC7j4Uo

He's worthy of being added to the list, but not worthy of lol'ing over his absence on the list.
Rx should be on there. If Clouderz was old enough to go to tourneys he should be on there too....

Other than that the list is pretty good IMO.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Aug, MTG... THAT game.... I remember that game, had my magic the gathering fun ruined by a guy who had enough money to do tournament leveled decks.... That was just not cool. Me and my friend verses a good MTG player and we both lost on turn 6....

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
errr, you guys are getting super carried away with adding people to the list. It's starting to feel like 'hey add people that play Metaknight' instead of 'hey, add the best Metaknight players.'

To break down RX- specifically: He's slow, uses the wrong moves in situations and isn't spacing correctly at all in that video that was posted and then he claims he's one of the best in the country. I would not pick him as being representative of a 'good' Metaknight, much less one of the 'best.'

I'm sorry if I'm coming across as being overly critical, but he's asking for some of the best so that's what we should give him.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
errr, you guys are getting super carried away with adding people to the list. It's starting to feel like 'hey add people that play Metaknight' instead of 'hey, add the best Metaknight players.'

To break down RX- specifically: He's slow, uses the wrong moves in situations and isn't spacing correctly at all in that video that was posted and then he claims he's one of the best in the country. I would not pick him as being representative of a 'good' Metaknight, much less one of the 'best.'

I'm sorry if I'm coming across as being overly critical, but he's asking for some of the best so that's what we should give him.
Well I think he was looking for more than just:

You
M2K
Dojo
DSF
Plank
Forte
Teh_Spammerer
Inui
Diem
KingAce

But yeah, ok, maybe Rx shouldn't be on the list.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Well I think he was looking for more than just:

You
M2K
Dojo
DSF
Plank
Forte
Teh_Spammerer
Inui
Diem
KingAce

But yeah, ok, maybe Rx shouldn't be on the list.
Replace Diem or KingAce (no idea who's better) with Lee, and I agree with your list. They just need to be put in order.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
My MK's pretty good >_>.

But I never use him for some reason :/.

OverLade

Smash Hero
It's all your fault Affinity! XD

At least I got to make my point!

Clouderz isn't old enough to go to tourneys? But yeah, Rx should be on there.
Clouderz is like 14...But I still think he'd be one of the best MKs if he could actually come out.

Concerning Rx- I've only played him once and it wasn't in a MK ditto or anything. Your decision. I wont be biased becasue he's from my region.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I need to amend my drinking game again.

"Whenever someone brings up Magic: the Gathering, blame it on manascrew and drink beer."

And Hylian, I think you're going to be in the same situation as Azen since you both have multiple mains lol.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
My MK's pretty good >_>.

But I never use him for some reason :/.
Yes, but people who are good with everyone don't count, lol.

I know you kind of said this already, Gates.

Replace Diem or KingAce (no idea who's better) with Lee, and I agree with your list. They just need to be put in order.
I feel pretty strongly that Diem is better. I knew I forgot someone. They need to be put in order? I guess I knew this would be coming... it will take a lot of work to determine anything but who's first, although I think ninth and tenth are Diem and Inui (or vice-versa) in my book.

Why is TKD NOT on the list?
Aren't Diem, Inui, and KingAce all better?
Remember, East Coast is Too Good, lol.

Bobby Emerald

Smash Apprentice
I think I'm pretty **** good, even though I have no reputation here whatsoever, heh.
EDIT: If any MK player wants to fight me I'll happily accept.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
I feel pretty strongly that Diem is better. I knew I forgot someone. They need to be put in order? I guess I knew this would be coming... it will take a lot of work to determine anything but who's first, although I think ninth and tenth are Diem and Inui (or vice-versa) in my book.
I'm pretty sure Lee could qualify as being in the top 5 players in the country dude. I don't just mean Metaknight either. Lee is seriously a work of art.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Aren't Diem, Inui, and KingAce all better?
Remember, East Coast is Too Good, lol.
TKD beat DSF.

DSF outplaces all those people when he comes to East coast.

Nuff said.

And putting them in order will just instigate flaming and anger....

Vel

Smash Apprentice
j0 D|_|de, put me on! 1'm t3h ub3r-0wn4ge!

I joke, I joke :p - I'm just posting to say - PLEASE record the matches and post them on youtube or something when you get the tourney together; seeing the top MK players go at it would be something a newbie like me would love to watch and learn from :)

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
TKD beat DSF.

And putting them in order will just instigate flaming and anger....
I agree. This thread is for me to find good MK players, not to rank them or put them in any order. That just stirs the pot and pisses people off

OverLade

Smash Hero
I agree. This thread is for me to find good MK players, not to rank them or put them in any order. That just stirs the pot and pisses people off
Not to mention it'd be impossible to do accurately.

I beat Kornn in a MK ditto Money match, but I dont have anything near the tourney record he does (I can't really go to tourneys yet).

And trying to compare tourney results from East coast vs. West coast versus midwest vs. south would all just be skewed and irritating.

Top Bottom