• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I main Falco, but having a hard time finding a Secondary

Slaysya

Smash Cadet
Ok I main Falco, everything is good. But I never really payed much attention to having a secondary. I did in melee, which was fox but I really dont like fox on brawl. So I need some help, what would be a good secondary.

bob-e

Smash Journeyman
Marth is a good secondary to Falco, he does well against pretty much all of Falco's bad matchups.
Or you can always pick up Metaknight if you want to be a huge douche, since he universally counters everyone.

Denzi

Smash Master
Definitely don't underestimate Snake, he's considered by many to be a reliable secondary character for a Falco main.

Blad01

Smash Lord
Well... Bad Falco match-ups are :

- G&W (45-55)
- Kirby (40-60)
- Marth (50-50 or 40-60, depends on opinions)
- Pikachu... (40-60 at least, more 30-70)
- Falco himself lol :p

Counters :

- G&W : Marth, Snake. Then MK and Diddy.
- Kirby : Marth, Snake, G&W, and some others...
- Marth : MK
- Pikachu : Marth, MK, G&W, Diddy, ROB
- Falco : Well... G&W, Kirby, Marth, Pikachu.

So theorically, best secondaries for Falco are :
1) Marth
2) MK
3) G&W
4) Diddy, Snake, and maybe some others

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
i think marth is a very difficult player to play at a high competitive level. right now i use snake as my secondary and main in doubles. marth is starting to look attractive.

Slaysya

Smash Cadet
Yeah marth is kind of hard to get the hang of. But im already spiking so meh, I got all week its spring break nothing better to do.

Denzi

Smash Master
I got so used to Marth that I've been choosing him over Falco lately. I suppose I just need a Falco break every once in a while.

Hyo

Smash Journeyman

Denzi said:
I got so used to Marth that I've been choosing him over Falco lately. I suppose I just need a Falco break every once in a while.
I do this a lot too. Maybe it's because my friends are tired of getting owned.
As a result, I can pivot walk really well now. I really like Marth's pivot walk.

Denzi

Smash Master

I do this a lot too. Maybe it's because my friends are tired of getting owned.
As a result, I can pivot walk really well now. I really like Marth's pivot walk.
I actually own my friends moar now (probably because he uses Falco lol).

Why does everyone take the color out when they quote me?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Well, I main Marth and secondary Falco and Dedede.

All considering, Marth and Falco combined only have one bad matchup (40/45:55/60) with MK.
Most of the spreads have you at 60-70:whatever lead on your opponent; and either or doesn't have many bad matchups.

Unfortunately, Falco seems to be getting uhh, more countered over time. To me I only considered Ice Climbers a near unwinnable for Falco; Pikachu was already hard but winnable... Its unfortunate the huge Falco weakness matchups also follow similar suite to D3 ;\

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I picked ZSS as secondary, guess that fills the matchups nicely too. I think downB counters pikachu's chaingrab too.

superglucose

Smash Apprentice
Me personally, I was Falco/Snake, but now I think I'm going to bump Marth up. I've always been tossing about the idea of Marth, Zelda/Sheik, and Diddy. I've even considered dropping Snake from time to time. I think now I'm going to try and be Falco/Marth/Snake, in that order. I'll use Falco against all except IC, Pika, maybe GW (I've got a friend who played GW a lot and while I never had the problems with Falco v GW that everyone on these boards seemed to have, Marth vs GW was such a fluid, easy, fun matchup I just couldn't resist), definitely Kirby (worst Falco matchup for me by far) and Marth. I'll use Snake against Marth, and counter the rest with Marth.

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
lol im surprised no one has discovered that chain grab till now haha.
i thought it was already discovered or i woulda said something.
and yeah Marth is the ****.

its a coincidence that you guys named all my mains lol
Falco,Snake, And Marth.

p8nted

Smash Apprentice
marth is starting to look attractive.
teehee

you didnt mention IC
btw snake does bad vs Pika
IC's is my second. If you can get the alternating grabs down, no match is unwinnable. G&W is the other character I use and I sometimes play Snake just for fun. Best thing about seconding Snake is that the snake dash is soooo much easier to pull off than Falco's DACUS. So, if you can pull off tilts easily, than you can already play Snake at a competitive level.

Hyo

Smash Journeyman
Best thing about seconding Snake is that the snake dash is soooo much easier to pull off than Falco's DACUS. So, if you can pull off tilts easily, than you can already play Snake at a competitive level.
It's not like his DACUS is hard.. if anyone's is, it's Sheik's.

And that's not even hard.

Srsly.

Play Melee and go back.

For falco, marth is the best choice as all match-ups become either advantage or even with the right. For snake mains, falco is the best as it removes all bad match-ups except probably pikachu and RoB. Although falco and snake is a pretty good combo as both have similar playing styles in a way. Both use jabs and ftilt to space. Projectiles to camp the heck out of the people.

Top Bottom