• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I loled at this, please read

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
You thinks it's funny that a bunch of idiots think Jiggly Puff can beat Meta Knight?....... lol ok, that is pretty funny.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I missed the funny part.

Jigglypuff doesn't do too badly against Meta Knight. Simple as that.

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
I think it's funny, but I hate the Puff, which is why I do so well against her.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You do so well against bad players because you think it's funny, or because you hate her?

Doesn't... really make sense. You underrate her.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
The Jigglypuffs that aren't terrible would disagree.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I almost forgot that strategy is 100% legit and Jigglypuff can't do a thing to beat it.

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
I almost forgot that strategy is 100% legit and Jigglypuff can't do a thing to beat it.
Yup. Only lost one match to a jiggs. And that was before I found that spamming the**** out of retreating fairs ***** her up the ***.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Yup. Only lost one match to a jiggs. And that was before I found that spamming the**** out of retreating fairs ***** her up the ***.
Did they by any chance, not use pound?

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
I didn't lol. Jiggs, by no means, is a hard-counter to MK (or even a soft-counter) but it does wayyy better against MK than you would think.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Jiggs is so broken, all she has to do is press downB to win.

Lovely

Smash Lord
Jiggs is so broken, all she has to do is press downB to win.
♣ Rollout, don't forget Rollout. That would really stop Meta Knight. XD ♥

♣ Unless you take Meta Knight into Jungle Japes that Jigglypuff may have a chance, you mind as well use Kirby to deal with Meta Knight than Jigglypuff and even he has a disadvantage, (well not really a big one, but a small one). ♥

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Look.. in the air... it's pretty even or MK might even have a slight advantage at the worst. It's on the ground where MK ***** the **** out of puff with d-tilt and especially f-tilt. A smart Jigglypuff shouldn't be challenging MK on the ground unless she is going for a grab. But the matchup is by no means **** for MK, unless you are playing a poor Jigglypuff.

tocador

Smash Lord
Ma brain is melting, cant read the other forum.....

Quotes from there:

"Peach owns MK, you just need to camp, and wait for the Stiches/Bombs and BAM own him! Ma "Prozor" friend that played melee all his life(2 months) say that peach is a counter to MK, and that peach only has probs with snake"

"Peach is The nuubsauce, she throws items"

And some more that made me laugh hard.

PrinceRamen

Smash Lord
NNID
PrinceRamen
3DS FC
1590-4706-2476
i see everybody says "she" or "her" when they are talking about jiggs, i'm wondering, are all jiggs female? some of them have to be male right? How would they reproduce??? Pokemon is a strange species.

Lovely

Smash Lord
i see everybody says "she" or "her" when they are talking about jiggs, i'm wondering, are all jiggs female? some of them have to be male right? How would they reproduce??? Pokemon is a strange species.
♣ Jigglypuff in Brawl is a female thanks to the sound of it's voice, and the hats that Jigglypuff has. And no, there are some male Jigglypuff's in the Pokemon games. ♥

PrinceRamen

Smash Lord
NNID
PrinceRamen
3DS FC
1590-4706-2476
♣ Jigglypuff in Brawl is a female thanks to the sound of it's voice, and the hats that Jigglypuff has. And no, there are some male Jigglypuff's in the Pokemon games. ♥
riiiiiiiight............ i always thought every pokemon of the same type had the same voice. i never heard a male jiggs, at least i think i haven't... thanks for clarifying.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
riiiiiiiight............ i always thought every pokemon of the same type had the same voice. i never heard a male jiggs, at least i think i haven't... thanks for clarifying.
well if you want to be real technical about it, in the Pokemon games Jigglypuff has a 75% chance of being female and a 25% of being male.

Also......

Pikachu and Jigglypuff can breed! D:

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
mk will only loose to jiggs once. then u learn the matchup. its too easy lol

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Im pretty shure the jigglypuff boards didn't talk to the metaknight boards about the matchup yet?

Let me check the MK board matchup chart...
There is no jigglypuff disscussion yet.
This should happen.

On our side of the fence the matchup is around 55:45.

In the air, it's pretty even. Jiggly has better mobility and pound is a god send.

On the ground is where Jigglypuff runs into trouble. There really isn't much she can do about f-tilt, as it has amazing priority and range. Someone said this earlier but your best bet is to grab ***** a Meta knight on the ground, Jiggly's grab range is much better than MKs, so use this to your advantage.

You may have to deal with a defensive Metaknight, one that is unwilling to go into the air, and thanks to possible in his percent / stock lead, justified in doing so. At this point your options are limited, you can attempt to drift in and pound or aerial through his tilts, or you can stick to the ground and dash grab. The latter option can be countered by MK's dtilt, unless of course you power shield the hit and shield grab him. It is your job to always try and push MK up into the sky, that's where we will win this battle.

As far as killing goes, we actually have the advantage in this factor. Not counting Rest or Rollout, the former can be too risky in competitive play, and the latter will be punished by MK, our best options are dash attack, sweetspot fair, and utilt. Fair will likely be your most common kill in this, and you can position a Metaknight into it if you grab release him off the level. Do not stale this move in this matchup. MK's best kill option will be Dsmash and likely nair. Work on avoiding those moves, the former by staying the air as much as possible, and the latter by maintaining your aerial spacing.

Now, Jigglypuff also has a hilarious trick up her sleeve in this matchup -- We can rest Metaknight out of his tornado. Practice this, as it effectively limits the use of one of MK's best moves. This can net you early kills, or even just a chunk of damage. Just be prepared for the consequence if it doesn't kill him, and you're vulnerable. For this reason, I tend not to rest through the tornado until I feel it is strategically important to do so, when I know it will net me a kill. On this note, if you need to beat the tornado, there are a couple of options. First is Dtilt. Yes, THAT dtilt, the move without a use, has a use. It's rare that you will have the opportunity to use it, but be wary of your options. Secondly, nair. Sweetspot that nair and you'll beat the tornado from any angle. Thirdly is dair, pop up out of the nado if you're caught and immediately dair to beat it. Finally, pound, the move that beats almost everything. If you need to beat Shuttle Loop, dair is usually your best bet.

Overall, I feel this is in Metaknights favor. This is no surprise, however I feel that we are better equipped to deal with Metaknight than most other characters. For this reason, if I had to give a ratio, I would say it ranges between 55-45 to 60-40 Metaknights favor.
Thats what we came up with.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Isn't this getting a little bit off topic?

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Oh my goodness@ these threads that popped up while I was gone.

locked for stupidity/off topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom