• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Leaving

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
Link to original post: [drupal=2769]I Leaving[/drupal]

First off, most of you probably don't know me, so unless you find reading random blog posts interesting (it is), I just want to make clear I'm not forcing you to read this.

So, it was around, I don't know, 2007 or 2008. I kept hearing about this thing called "Brawl". So out of curiosity, I did what I always do when there's something I don't know.

http://tinyurl.com/yk8j8wk

I then came across a site called "smashbros.com" and followed it, for quite a while. I waited patiently until December 2007... no, I mean April 2008. And At last it had come out!

But there was one problem. I didn't have a Wii, though my friend did. so hurriedly I found my way to his house, and demanded we play it. And what the heck? The gravity was so low. There was Sonic, among a roster of 40 (39? What was it?). Grabbing the ledge was actually possible.

It was fun.

My friend, being more inclined to the M-rated, FPS-loaded Xbox, seemed completely fine with letting me borrow his Wii. I was completely fine with it, too. I took it home and played my brother several times.

I was an Ike main then, and lost quite consistently to his Pit. So Of course, I googled "Brawl Ike guide", eventually coming across Smashboards.

This seemed the best place to present any questions, so of course I signed up (how I managed to get this username I'm not sure). Eventually I took advantage of online friendlies and stuff. I changed my main to Peach, and I became a lot better (better as in "would barely manage in the competitive scene", which is "bad" here).

After six months, my friend was saying that I've had it for too long. It didn't come as a surprise, but it was hard to swallow.

It's been quite some time since I've last played Brawl, and I'm pretty sure it'll be a long time until I play again. So unless someone is randomly willing to donate a Wii and Brawl, I'm going to be saying goodbye to this forum. I'll remember Brawl and this forum for the rest of my life.

No, that's complete BS. But thank you for a six months of good fun.

Who wants a Lockerz invite?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Buy your own Wii. Its worth it with things like MEtroid, SMG (2), and NSMB Wii, Mario Kart, and then some, and then some. They're relatively inexpensive, especially considering a DS is like, 160 bucks.

Either that or play Melee.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
'Tis why we save money, no? I've used tiny bits of money left over from my birthday and Christmas from years gone by to buy my DSi, so I would think that if you're actually earning money, you could potentially save up and spend.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
so like, are you leaving cause it's too painful to stay knowing you can't play? Or because the umpteen threads here that have literally nothing to do with Brawl, Melee, or even video games.. don't interest you? Or no real reason, just wanna leave (and announce as such in this UB) ? just wonderin'

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Just throwin' this out there, but it's totally possible to be a member here and not even look at a Smash game. Course, it's kind of hard if the only place you go to is the Smash related boards. I hardly play Brawl, yet I try to compensate by learning about the game and stuff. Huh.

But have a nice life from now on! And no I don't want a Lockerz invite. :mad:

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
It's somewhat a mix of both... I'm a vagabond when it comes to forums and such, anyways. I have my fun and leave.

I could lurk the Forum Games if I wanted to, but I have better things to do.

And with saving money, I'm not currently earning money. If I start doing so, then yes, Brawl.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
The Brawl part of this forum is horrible. You're better off lurking User Blogs, social threads, creative forums on the bottom of the page and off-topic shiznit.

Also, no Lockerz invite PLZ.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
And with saving money, I'm not currently earning money. If I start doing so, then yes, Brawl.
So, why not get a job, earn money and when you're ready, come back to brawl? I'm sure this forum will be around when that time happens, if it happens. Surely you won't need to leave altogether?

This still, is your opinion. You're right, I don't know you but you seem like you enjoy the game a lot based on your past couple of posts in this thread.

As Ndayday said, there are plenty of people on here who don't play it, or have played it and don't anymore. You can still give your input on Peach to new Peach mains, yes? It'll be helpful to them.

I think you should stay, that's just me personally.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
Wait around and save for the next Smash game. It'd be a major downer to buy a Wii and Brawl only to be outmoded by a better game and console.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
The Brawl part of this forum is horrible. You're better off lurking User Blogs, social threads, creative forums on the bottom of the page and off-topic shiznit.

Also, no Lockerz invite PLZ.
Gf2tw is correct.

UB and other non Brawl rooms (yes UB is not a room I know) are the best part about this site.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
This, I actually enjoy Brawl better but that's because I'm a 100% n00b.
:bigthumbu for honesty.

@ the OP guy: While I have many a reservation about the "I'm quitting" blogs, I can say this much: Have a nice life, and don't let the door hit you on the way out. ;)

Kantō

Smash Champion
dude, a wii is only 170 bux at gamestop. dont throw away everytthing because u dont have a wii. they r so cheap. and if u really cant afford one, play melee. a cube only cost thirty bux

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Uhh...the brawl rooms are good if you play the game. I enjoy them still and I don't play as much. If you're just here just to be here, then I guess User Blogs and stuff is okay I guess.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
dude, a wii is only 170 bux at gamestop. dont throw away everytthing because u dont have a wii. they r so cheap. and if u really cant afford one, play melee. a cube only cost thirty bux
$170 is relatively cheap, for a game console of this generation. It is not "cheap", especially not if he has no income.

D

Deleted member

You don't have to play Brawl to be on here. I don't play it anymore.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
a great deal of the mods here don't even play Smash anymore hahahaha. I think most of them stay for the Back Room or other areas like the Pokecenter or Debate Hall.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
because its 20 dollars less....
You don't understand what I'm saying at all.

For someone who doesn't have an income of any sort, I would not consider $170, $150, even $50 to be "cheap". Relatively cheap, compared to the original price of the Wii and the price of other consoles this gen, yes. But relatively cheap is not the same thing as cheap at all.

I didn't say it isn't cheaper, I said it isn't cheap.

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
The forums aren't everything to me. And I do have a Cube.
get a job.
Eventually.

Well thanks, guys. I guess I should change the title to "I Leaving until I get enough money to buy a Wii which is pretty cheap." Nonetheless I won't be around for a while, so peace

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
The forums aren't everything to me. And I do have a Cube.
Go play Melee.

Also, to whoever is saying 170 bucks is cheap;
It might be cheap now that you still live at home, but you'd best believe when you're by yourself, you'll gladly save those 170 instead of buying a game console while you already have one (an older one, but still).

Kantō

Smash Champion
You don't understand what I'm saying at all.

For someone who doesn't have an income of any sort, I would not consider $170, $150, even $50 to be "cheap". Relatively cheap, compared to the original price of the Wii and the price of other consoles this gen, yes. But relatively cheap is not the same thing as cheap at all.

I didn't say it isn't cheaper, I said it isn't cheap.
my bad, i didnt realize u dont have a job. u must be young. what i used to do when i was young was wait till christmas to get a new game system which is right around the corner...
come to think of it, every christmas i got a game system when i was young, N64, Ps1, GC, XBOX, and then i was old enough by then to buy my own things.

anyways, it sux man. hope someday you can get a wii again and return to the smash community.

wiitubeaccount

Smash Apprentice
It'd be cool if you could still play melée so much to learn and enjoy in that game. But if u prefer just brawl that'. Ok. I hope you return as smash is da boss!

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
my bad, i didnt realize u dont have a job. u must be young. what i used to do when i was young was wait till christmas to get a new game system which is right around the corner...
come to think of it, every christmas i got a game system when i was young, N64, Ps1, GC, XBOX, and then i was old enough by then to buy my own things.
No, no, I have a job. He doesn't have a job. I already have a Wii, I'm saying that, for him, it's not cheap.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
yes, i know.
Wait, what?

I'm confused.

You quoted me and said whatever, so I thought you were talking to me. Were you talking to him?

Kantō

Smash Champion
you pointed out to me that he was too young to have a job, so i referenced your post.
then continued to post about him, not you.

lets not derail this thread any further.

Top Bottom