• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I just finished watching the first Pokémon movie...

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
It's a sad thing Mewtwo's original voice-actor died shortly after the first movie...he was quite the excellent voice-actor...

Overload

Smash Lord
Man I remember seeing this in theaters, good times. We were singing the theme song in the car on the way there.
I also remember the time I got my first pack of pokemon cards. Some of those cards were nidoran female, ryhorn, exeggcute, and that's all I can remember

Chagen46

Smash Journeyman
I just watched to study up on Pokemon history.

It's pretty good, but nothing compared to the rise of Darkrai.

Or, maybe it's because I just love darkrai...

mzink*

Smash Ace
No doubt about it, the pokemon movies made me fall in love with Mewtwo.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
The main reason I like Mewtwo is because he was the ONLY character to EVER realize that Pokemon was just a BEEEEEEET like slavery, so thus he refused to take crap from the humans.

RESPECT.

Chagen46

Smash Journeyman
The main reason I like Mewtwo is because he was the ONLY character to EVER realize that Pokemon was just a BEEEEEEET like slavery, so thus he refused to take crap from the humans.

RESPECT.

If he hated humans, why didn't he just make like the emo he is and kill himself?

(Mewtwo is a awesome pokemon, but he has got to be the biggest emo I have ever layed my eyes on)

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
If he hated humans, why didn't he just make like the emo he is and kill himself?

(Mewtwo is a awesome pokemon, but he has got to be the biggest emo I have ever layed my eyes on)
Because he's too straight-up BADASS to be emo.

But seriously, how the hell does that make sense in any way? Are you saying that Mewtwo killing himself would help him defeat the humans? I'm sorry, but that was an incredibly stupid question...

It's like asking "If you hate sugary sweets so much, why don't you consume splenda?"...err...or something like that...

Chagen46

Smash Journeyman
Because he's too straight-up BADASS to be emo.

But seriously, how the hell does that make sense in any way? Are you saying that Mewtwo killing himself would help him defeat the humans? I'm sorry, but that was an incredibly stupid question...

It's like asking "If you hate sugary sweets so much, why don't you consume splenda?"...err...or something like that...

I meant, why doesn't he just kill himself so he can be away from them?

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
There are none. The anime has never been good as it could have.
See?

I call a massive fan remake of the anime, but there is ONE RULE OFF THE BAT:

-Ash will be a silent protagonist. Like in the games.

The watchers will thank you.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
man, you guys should check out the pokemon manga

the battles are sooooo epic

yellow is sooo cute!

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
man, you guys should check out the pokemon manga

the battles are sooooo epic

yellow is sooo cute!
I read through the first few on serebii. They seem interesting but I don't think you can get them here :ohwell:.

...and made up Pokemon FTW! (the legendary bird fusion)

-:bowser:Bowser King

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
The way lucario died was really stupid.

...and mewtwo>>>lucario (even though he's my secondary in brawl).

That is my entire problem with that movie.

They go chasing after Pikachu when he was in no real danger, and then "Uh-Oh! The Tree Of Beginning's antibodies are back-firing on it for no good reason! I guess you have to sacrifice yourself to save it AND Mew, Lucario, because he/she/it just happens to be a symbiont with the tree for some unknown reason!"

It was an okay movie, and I was actually entertained, but the ending was really hollow.

Platypus

Smash Ace
Astride a magic potato alongside Mario. ________ S
Since you can no longer watch the movie, here are a few more spoilers. Shut your eyes, others...

+ MEW DOES ADORABLE, YET SOMEWHAT CHILDISH THINGS.

+ LUCARIO DOES NOT GET ALONG WELL WITH THE OTHERS.

+ BELLOSSOM CAN SPIN THEIR CARMELIAS AT WILL.

+ FRIENDSHIP CONQUERS ALL!

marthmaster59

Smash Journeyman
I forgot which movie it is.
was it
A)the first one with mewtwo
B)the first one with lugia
or C)the one with entei,suicune,and raikou

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I forgot which movie it is.
was it
A)the first one with mewtwo
B)the first one with lugia
or C)the one with entei,suicune,and raikou
A)yep
2)that's the 2000 one
3)there's only been an entei one called pokemon 3

Entei was semi-mental in the 3rd one.

"You need a mother? Ok I'll steal one for you :D"

Plus he didn't really suit the role. Maybe someone like arceus (the movie could have been done later on) would have been a better choice. The unowns have nothing to do with entei and since when can entei create stuff through his thoughts (the pokemon, the castle, make a girl grow ect.)

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
That was a GREAT movie. It actually brings back good memories. *sigh* good times

Platypus

Smash Ace
Astride a magic potato alongside Mario. ________ S
There should be no attacking of others' opinions in this thread, nor any other. Perhaps M-K's account was "jacked" and used to post, so I will not assume that s/he intended that remark.

Another note: The movies do one thing properly- establishing stories of legendaries. The games' general back story on minor legendaries is, approximately, "Kyargarooooo!"* The films actually flesh them out.

Still, the movies are a bit too lacking to have any extensive meaning to me.

*Mew, Zapdos. Interview: Zapdos's Reaction to Cap-Wearing Kid Fighting Way through Flying Magnet Robots, Chubby Electric Rats, Punching Alien Tigers, and Exploding Fishing Lures, Using Slave Labor, Followed by the Kid's Declaration that He Intends to Horribly Injure Zapdos, Force Zapdos into an Absurdly Small Metal Capsule, and Dump Zapdos into a Computer, whereupon Zapdos Will Never See the Beautiful, Beautiful Sun Ever Again. Kanto Hydroelectric Power Plant; 16 October 1996.

Top Bottom