• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I just finished watching the first Pokémon movie...

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
...And holy cow, it's actually pretty good. I almost cried at the part where Pikachu's "evil twin" was beating the heck out of him.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
It actually was a decent movie in the first place. Of course, I'm betting that now that this thread was made Youko will do a WTF:p dedicated to the first movie to crush your hopes that something related to the Pokemon anime was actually somewhat good.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Brother my brother
Tell me what are fighting for
We've got to end this war
We should love one another
Oh, can't we just pretend
This war never began
We can try
Brother my brother

We face each other from different sides
The anger burns can't remember why
It's kindof crazy to cause so much pain
Our foolish pride makes us hate this way

We watch our world fall apart
Tell me what good is winning
When you lose your heart

Brother my brother
Isn't life worth so much more
This war never began
Tell me why
Brother my brother

Yes
We can try
Brother my brother
Yes

Let's take a moment and look deep inside
And say we'll learn to give love a try
When matters differ as we seem to be
There's so much more to me than what you see

You don't have to be this way
Think about the consequences
Turn around and walk away

Brother my brother
This war never began
Tell me why
Brother my brother

Brother my brother
This war never began
Tell me why
Brother my brother

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah, it's probably the best thing Pokemon Anime-related.

And nice reference, Zook, I have that on my iPod (as well as the rest of the soundtrack).

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
Oh, yes, yes, this is my favorite Pokemon movie by far. Mew is an awesome Pokemon in his/her own right, and Mewtwo is even better. Add into the mix me just about crying over the two Pikachus, it makes it even more memorable. *sniffles*

Brother my brother....
Oh, good lord, I love that song! I hum it all day at school. :D

urdailywater

Smash Hero
It actually was a decent movie in the first place. Of course, I'm betting that now that this thread was made Youko will do a WTF:p dedicated to the first movie to crush your hopes that something related to the Pokemon anime was actually somewhat good.

The movies would be pretty hard to do as you get later on into them though.

I'm not sure but the anime and movies are kind of seperate, although I do see some plotholes and errors here and there, but still, it would take a while to make a good WTFP for them.

I still watch both the anime and movies today though, WTFP will never crush my Pokemon love.

Brother my brother
We've got to end this war
This war never began
We can try
Brother my brother

We face each other from different sides
The anger burns can't remember why
It's kindof crazy to cause so much pain
Our foolish pride makes us hate this way

We watch our world fall apart
Tell me what good is winning
When you lose your heart

Brother my brother
This war never began
Tell me why
Brother my brother

Yes
We can try
Brother my brother
Yes

Let's take a moment and look deep inside
And say we'll learn to give love a try
When matters differ as we seem to be
There's so much more to me than what you see

You don't have to be this way
Think about the consequences
Turn around and walk away

Brother my brother
This war never began
Tell me why
Brother my brother

Brother my brother
This war never began
Tell me why
Brother my brother
A maw gawd! I remember when this was me and my bros favorite song. We got the entire soundtrack when were kids, but I don't know where it is now..

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I just watched that movie yesterday, I love when Mewtwo destroys the lab and get sad at the point where Pikachu is thundershocking Ash...just listen to Pikachu's voice and you'll know what I mean.

Yeah and this is the best Pokemon movie, the other ones hurt my head.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
I watched Lucario's movie. Note that I HATE Lucario. I just thought it would be fair.

Well, the movie was entertaining, but at the end it didn't seem to really go anywhere special...
Uh-oh! The Tree Of Beginning's immune system is backfiring all of a sudden! I guess you have go to kill yourself to save us, Lucario!

The only reason I like the First Movie to this day is because of Mewtwo. He completely washed away all of the suck any scene may have had.

Also, Sad-Panda, you are now near-totally under my radar now. Growing up with that movie is the mark of a true 1st-2nd Gen oldie, and not doing so is just...GAH. >:|

DAM DEM YUNGINS AN DERE ROOCAREEOES!

Seriously, I walk by on the street and see toddlers dressed in "WANNA BATTLE" clothing (or whatever the hell it says) with the 4th Gen starters on it...

Something doesn't sit right with me that those kids won't know who Mewtwo is...

KNOW YER POKEYMANZ HEESTOREE.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I just thought of another interesting part of the movie.

"This cannot be my destiny".

That line was the best ever.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
I just thought of another interesting part of the movie.

"This cannot be my destiny".

That line was the best ever.
Mewtwo's lines were pure gold among even NORMAL movie standards. The voice acting for Mewtwo was perfect, as well. Just look at this:

1:44-1:53
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqvuQ1l6q3o

"Those voices...

...They're outside...

...where I must be..."

Still gives me jitters. His lines were just delivered so freaking well...

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
1 and 2 were the only good movies. 3 and 4 started the decline. 5+ are all crap. The best part about the later movies are the title sequence (esp. the darkrai movie, gotta love that music)

urdailywater

Smash Hero
1 and 2 were the only good movies. 3 and 4 started the decline. 5+ are all crap. The best part about the later movies are the title sequence (esp. the darkrai movie, gotta love that music)

I enjoyed movie 10 myself. I enjoyed pretty much all of them except the Deoxy's bullcrap.

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
I'm going to dig up the first Pokemon movie and show it to my little siblings some time; they'll love it, and I just want to see it again.

"These humans...

They care nothing for me."

I have to agree, especially on the Rise of Darkrai music. Simply amazing...

I enjoyed movie 10 myself. I enjoyed pretty much all of them except the Deoxy's bullcrap.
I still have a Rayquaza action figure.

10slightlyrelatedtotopics

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Pokemon The First Movie was probably the only good thing to come out of the anime. Every other movie/episode of pokemon was so horribly written/voice acted it made me want to shove a fork in my ear(Seriously, have you seen any of the new episodes? Part 1: Ash + Friends meet random trainer x. If x=female, Brock falls in love, ash + Friends become friends with X. If X=male, ash may or may not battle with x, Ash and friends become friends with x. There is an equal chance X may or may not have a pokemon Team Rocket Decides they want. Part 2: Team Rocket shows up to capture X Pokemon and/or Pikachu. Part 3: Ash, friends and X rescue X Pokemon and or Pikachu. Episode Ends. Repeat Next day)

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Pokemon The First Movie was probably the only good thing to come out of the anime. Every other movie/episode of pokemon was so horribly written/voice acted it made me want to shove a fork in my ear(Seriously, have you seen any of the new episodes? Part 1: Ash + Friends meet random trainer x. If x=female, Brock falls in love, ash + Friends become friends with X. If X=male, ash may or may not battle with x, Ash and friends become friends with x. There is an equal chance X may or may not have a pokemon Team Rocket Decides they want. Part 2: Team Rocket shows up to capture X Pokemon and/or Pikachu. Part 3: Ash, friends and X rescue X Pokemon and or Pikachu. Episode Ends. Repeat Next day)
My god, is it really that bad? That's even worse than the originals!

sonofthesky

Smash Journeyman
Infinite high fives.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I went to the movie theater to see this movie when I was like 10! I STILL have the Ancient Mew promo card they gave out! :D

Man, those were the days. 1st/2nd gen pokemon are the best, the rest all suck bad. 3rd gen+ are all basically like copies of 1st/2nd gen guys.

urdailywater

Smash Hero

In the Diamond and Pearl series they have contests to counter those, but they all end up in the same. The only alternative to each is "Will Dawn win this one?" or "Will Ash join in to?!".

Kind of ********, but meh, I'll still watch it.

Edit: At above poster: Where can I find a picture of those? I remember getting the card when I was little.
I had over 1000 Pokemon cards before the 2nd generation came out in fact. Mew was my favorite.

(Never got that Holo Charizard though..)

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
I just watched a bit of the video in the above posters signature. And I have to say...

Ash sounds...WORSE...I mean, his old voice was annoying, but at least it FIT. Now it's they're trying to make his voice sound deeper when he looks the exact same as when he was "younger". He hasn't freaking grew up an inch.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Mewtwo's lines were pure gold among even NORMAL movie standards. The voice acting for Mewtwo was perfect, as well. Just look at this:

1:44-1:53
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqvuQ1l6q3o

"Those voices...

...They're outside...

...where I must be..."

Still gives me jitters. His lines were just delivered so freaking well...
I have goosebumps. <33
This was the only time I was legitimately excited for a movie. I remember watching the premier when I was 9 or 10 or so, and they gave out those crazy pokemon cards. I actually ended up watching the movie over and over again so I could collect them all, and I did. *sigh* I really missed the Pokemon fad, it was a real joy.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Just goes to show that not only was the 1st Gen the best, but Mewtwo is also the best legendary Pokemon. Want to know why? Because we can actually relate to him, so can we with all of the 1st Gen Pokemon.

Everything about the 1st Gen was based strongly off of things in our own world - things we could all relate with. Pikachu is a mouse (pika), and is electrically charged. We all use electricity, and we all know what a mouse is. Charmander is a lizard with fire on its tail. We all know what a lizard is, and we all know what fire is. Yes, the Pokemon of 1st Gen were much "simpler" than those of the later generations, sporting magnet Pokemon, moth and butterfly Pokemon, rat Pokemon, mole Pokemon, fish Pokemon, but the thing is, they were mere "interpretations" of animals and things from our own world without drastically morphing them into ghost balloons and robotic space dragons. Mew and Mewtwo were intelligent feline-kangaroos, and they showed a great deal of personality and human-like emotion in their backstories and in the movie.

The 1st Generation was beautiful, and I'm more than glad to have experienced it first hand.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
This movie was one of the reasons why Mewtwo was in Melee. This movie is STILL one of the reasons why Mewtwo should be in Brawl.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
Agreed. Because of this movie Mewtwo is second only to Pikachu as the face of Pokemon. To my knowledge, seeing as how I haven't watched any recent movies, Mewtwo is the only pokemon to have a decent story about him, and is actually a decent character.

On a side note, I'm not so sure if the later movies being worse was really a pokemon specific thing. The time the first movie came out was sort of a turning point in kids movies, they have been really dumbed down lately. I understand they are for kids, but even children have a standard.

I know I'm going off track here a little, but does anyone remember when kids movies where legitametly good films. Heck, Wizard of Oz is considered a kids movie, and its considered one of the best films of all time. More recently the first Land Before Time was probably the last of the "is this really for kids?" kids movies. In which people died, had to face reality, and things don't always end with a rainbow and happy unicorns.

But more to the point, yes, that first movie was really good.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I just watched a bit of the video in the above posters signature. And I have to say...

Ash sounds...WORSE...I mean, his old voice was annoying, but at least it FIT. Now it's they're trying to make his voice sound deeper when he looks the exact same as when he was "younger". He hasn't freaking grew up an inch.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokemon_USA

Read it and weep.

They got 4kids out, the only major difference is the voices so far. It seems to me like they're leaning more away from the original script than 4kids was though, can never be sure unless yah look it up though.

Top Bottom