• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

i hate my social status...

RATED

Smash Lord
]Realistic and srs post and even an comic
man, you won my respect. I learned all of that with "hard work". I <3 the 2001 to 2006 people.

It is but it's a little more socially acceptable since it can be physical and it's about music! (but not completely social)

so meaning DDR would be a little more interesting then smash for some, but it's situational.

Also, it's not like you'd want to talk about deeper things than that with a stranger.

and also I don't talk sports since I don't watch it. Bleh. Can't swim. Stuff like that.

Now you could talk about things like College and your work and what you believe in and your religion but who want's to talk about that stuff. Lol.

I mean it's harder to talk to people about things I'm interested in. You know, something you could probably have in common with that person.

Another topic could be Dogs/Cats/Pets in general. But for me it'd be short.

So it really depends on you and your life and how it's been. (and how you were raised)
pssh being a gamer doesnt mean that you have to be socially awkward about other stuff.

I been a gamer since a child, also watch anime, go to comic/anime cons, play in tournaments of YGO, Melee/brawl and way in the past Pkmn( way in the past but really way).

Yet I play basketball, tennis, can swim. I go to "normal places" like : going out to the town, go out with girls( not necesarily to get laid, as a social thing), go to college and I am well-known there as I help people with some classes. You know, you just have to use what you can do better to other stuff. I mean... being an gamer =/= being socially awkward.

Girls make horrible friends.

Most of the time.
fail, I have friends who are girls and probably they are more "trust-worthy" in the "point" of sharing a secret or probably helping you with tips about a girl you may want to know.

make friends of some girls, they are awesome if you get to know them. Just be careful about throwing some really strong joke about them but otherwise they are da bess.

I went to an all boys school, there was no such thing as 'popular'.
that should be sad.

also in my country the whole "being popular" in schools doesnt exist. so IDK how that's like.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
man, you won my respect. I learned all of that with "hard work". I <3 the 2001 to 2006 people.

pssh being a gamer doesnt mean that you have to be socially awkward about other stuff.

I been a gamer since a child, also watch anime, go to comic/anime cons, play in tournaments of YGO, Melee/brawl and way in the past Pkmn( way in the past but really way).

Yet I play basketball, tennis, can swim. I go to "normal places" like : going out to the town, go out with girls( not necesarily to get laid, as a social thing), go to college and I am well-known there as I help people with some classes. You know, you just have to use what you can do better to other stuff. I mean... being an gamer =/= being socially awkward.

fail, I have friends who are girls and probably they are more "trust-worthy" in the "point" of sharing a secret or probably helping you with tips about a girl you may want to know.

make friends of some girls, they are awesome if you get to know them. Just be careful about throwing some really strong joke about them but otherwise they are da bess.

that should be sad.

also in my country the whole "being popular" in schools doesnt exist. so IDK how that's like.
Well generally I just don't like watching sports since I don't actually KNOW the team. I have been in sports myself in the past (not that much) and sometimes I was put on the bench and I'd be rooting for my teammates for support.

Yeah I do too. I like to chill and I don't mind helping people with advice and such. Insight... and it seems not am I only good at helping people with advice, but I'm good at tutoring (well as far as tutoring spanish).

I would play basketball or soccer. That's about it. Swimming, not so much.

I'm not a recluse or anything ;p I have a personality, I will share it with everyone, not just gamers. : D

I have friends that are girls too.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
But I'm good at tutoring (well as far as tutoring spanish)
Cool, I used to be really interested in Spanish, but then Japanese caught my eye. :)

Just so I can get an idea, how long did it take you to learn Spanish? I just want some kind of estimate for how long an average guy takes to learn a language. ^_^

Oh, and Lashing Leaf, I read the OP again, and I want to say that I would not give up any of my friends to be "popular", as you say you want to be in the OP. I found friends that have similar hobbies and interests as me, and I would rather have that than just a bunch of random people that hang with me.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Cool, I used to be really interested in Spanish, but then Japanese caught my eye. :)

Just so I can get an idea, how long did it take you to learn Spanish? I just want some kind of estimate for how long an average guy takes to learn a language. ^_^

Oh, and Lashing Leaf, I read the OP again, and I want to say that I would not give up any of my friends to be "popular", as you say you want to be in the OP. I found friends that have similar hobbies and interests as me, and I would rather have that than just a bunch of random people that hang with me.
Yeah. He's in highschool though... He'll notice that he won't have ALL those friends he sees at highschool.

And I'm spanish, so I have known it since I was a child. I'm just better at English lol.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Yeah. He's in highschool though... He'll notice that he won't have ALL those friends he sees at highschool.

And I'm spanish, so I have known it since I was a child. I'm just better at English lol.
Oh, lol, I didn't know that. Never mind, then. :p

Edit - How exactly are you better at English? Did you move to some English speaking country and get too used to it? :)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oh, lol, I didn't know that. Never mind, then. :p

Edit - How exactly are you better at English? Did you move to some English speaking country and get too used to it? :)
Well I was born in America. : D From 2nd grade and up I learned english, and actually spoke it at school and then spanish at home.

RATED

Smash Lord
Well generally I just don't like watching sports since I don't actually KNOW the team. I have been in sports myself in the past (not that much) and sometimes I was put on the bench and I'd be rooting for my teammates for support.

Yeah I do too. I like to chill and I don't mind helping people with advice and such. Insight... and it seems not am I only good at helping people with advice, but I'm good at tutoring (well as far as tutoring spanish).

I would play basketball or soccer. That's about it. Swimming, not so much.

I'm not a recluse or anything ;p I have a personality, I will share it with everyone, not just gamers. : D

I have friends that are girls too.
the girl thing is not to you, lol it was to the person I quoted in that part.

I multiquoted.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Well I was born in America. : D From 2nd grade and up I learned english, and actually spoke it at school and then spanish at home.
Tha must have been interesting. :) I wish I was multilingual.

the girl thing is not to you, lol it was to the person I quoted in that part.

I multiquoted.
Are people still talking about that "girls as friends" thing? Such a childish topic, lol.

I'm just going to say this: Girls are people, too, and they can be fun to be around, just like guys can. I don't see why some people have been saying only to befriend girls to get laid...or was I imagining that?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Protip: You'll get females treating you like a person if you treat them like a person and not some weird demon/princess/human thing.

Top Bottom