• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

i hate my social status...

Namaste

Smash Apprentice
Girls make horrible friends.

Most of the time.
Having girls as friends are like having men for friends. Except when a girl starts telling you a story you don't give a **** about, you can just casually look at her boobs.

You can criticize me but you have all done this :suess:

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
To be fair I think Santa Whatever is at that age where boys and girls are still reeling from puberty and desperately seeking out an overt gender role, often one as stereotypical as possible.

(Not that I'm much better but hell I still dig the chicks for friends thing. And yes, I've done that.)

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I never got the whole "friend zone" thing.

You'd think a girl would, you know, want to get to know someone before going out with them.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
I never got the whole "friend zone" thing.

You'd think a girl would, you know, want to get to know someone before going out with them.
Exactly. I think guys are just too impatient. Either that, or they don't want to be friends with girls if it won't result in going out with them.

It's sad, really. :urg:

PD4FR

Smash Ace
hmm, what are we talking about exactly? I thought it was sex, but apparently you guys just mean having a girlfriend/boyfriend relationship?
I joined kind of late in the conversation, so I'm not exactly sure, lol.

I thought we were just talking about relationships, because the OP is kind of young, but I guess not? :p

Edit - Well, at least, I think I remember the OP saying he was young, I don't really know anymore.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I went to an all boys school, there was no such thing as 'popular'.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Most people under the age of 20 isn't allowed to complain about "friend zones" because you probably utterly no knowledge of what a relatively mature friendship/relationship consists of.

Protip: Being spineless and never making an advance while trying to subtly seduce a female into liking you like they do in the movies doesn't work. Also see:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Are you implying there are things that are completely social in all cases?
I think not; It depends on the people.
Meh, not really... well I guess DDR isn't as socially accepted as sports, football, etc.

Like people would get all scrunched up in some small car just to get to the super bowl as we would to get to a big smash tourny. : ]

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
To be fair I think Santa Whatever is at that age where boys and girls are still reeling from puberty and desperately seeking out an overt gender role, often one as stereotypical as possible.

(Not that I'm much better but hell I still dig the chicks for friends thing. And yes, I've done that.)
This makes me :|
Because Jungle had a point.

Anyway, the problem is that a girl has never genuinely made me laugh. I always smile or do some ****ty laugh because I don't want to seem like ******* (haters gonna hate?), but I never went LOOOOOOOL at something they said/did.

Also, the teeny boopers are trying to be waaay more mature than they actually are, and it makes them silly.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698

Anyway, the problem is that a girl has never genuinely made me laugh. I always smile or do some ****ty laugh because I don't want to seem like ******* (haters gonna hate?), but I never went LOOOOOOOL at something they said/did.

Also, the teeny boopers are trying to be waaay more mature than they actually are, and it makes them silly.
it seems that a girl that will make you laugh is one that has the same sense as humour as you...

yeah like Sam had made me laugh alot... my friend Brett made me laugh too (although it was cuz of things I said)...

my friend kevin makes me laugh... oh I need to call him...

err... my friend adam... roshae... uh yeah

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah. Like you say something to make fun of your friend that is a girl, but you're just kidding... either she'll say something like *gasp* but she knows your kidding... and then does something like hugs you...

or the type that will prolly laugh at herself but then you'll laugh at her... but she will know that your kidding, but she'd say something like that to you too.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Well, yeah. Being good friends with a girl generally does that. If all you want is to get laid, don't worry about being their friends.
This is so true. If you're trying to lay a girl don't try to be too friendly with them. It's counter productive.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer

Guus, that's because the funniest thing to you is 'u kawaiiuguu bro?' and 4chan. Most girls wont make those references :D

Life

Smash Hero
One word:

Band.

IDK how it is in other schools but at mine, with like 1-2 exceptions, EVERYONE IN THE BAND is awesome. Whereas roughly half the rest of the school isn't worth talking to.

Either that, or try not caring about popularity. Works for me anyway.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I find this pretty insulting, making half-***** assumptions of what Jungle said and then dissing my social capabilities.

What kind of mod are you even...
A toilet mod... but with Luigi... so it evens out... lol.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Golden rule: Do to others as they do to you.

Life

Smash Hero
@LL: No, I mean like Official School Band (tm). As in, the class.

Even if you don't actually join it, cool people take band.

Top Bottom