• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

i hate my social status...

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Yeah, just talk to new people if you're not happy with where you're at. But, don't get concerned with how popular you are. Popularity really doesn't matter.
+rep man.

I could not agree more.

Listen man you just have to be who you want to be, if you want to go out and be a more exciting person or whatever then you can do it.The question is do you wanna have to be "fake" just to make friends?

Just be nice to people man, make good friends and treat them well, they will do the same.

Pikaville

Just go up to people and introduce yourself, you know?

Ask them what they do stuff like that,recent stuff that interests you.

Just be confident man, if your a genuinely good guy people will like you.

At heart I'm pretty shy myself, I get kinda uncomfortable/reserved when I go to parties etc where I don't really know anyone.But I'm always confident that if I just be myself and get to know people a little they are generally pretty receiving.

Oh and it helps a lot if you drink xD

*Not promoting drinking! STAY AWAY KIDS!*

LASHING_LEAF

Smash Journeyman
Just go up to people and introduce yourself, you know?

Ask them what they do stuff like that,recent stuff that interests you.

Just be confident man, if your a genuinely good guy people will like you.

At heart I'm pretty shy myself, I get kinda uncomfortable/reserved when I go to parties etc where I don't really know anyone.But I'm always confident that if I just be myself and get to know people a little they are generally pretty receiving.

Oh and it helps a lot if you drink xD

*Not promoting drinking! STAY AWAY KIDS!*
lol kids i suggest not drinking you could experience alcohol poisoning, puking, mood swings, hang overs, and many other symptoms
i suggest you take some weed
*hands a kid a blunt*
my mom said not to smoke sir
its not smoking its called excersizing your mind all the cool people are doing it look at snoop dog, 50 cent, paris hilton, the beatles
oh gee thanks mister
just call me dealer
why dealer
because i give all kids blunts i deal them true happiness ^_^

anywaay lolz thats not my problem... like i need an excuse to talk to them

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Yeah, but weed doesn't always help with socializing. Alcohol is very good for that. As long as you drink responsibly and with moderation, it can be a very effective social lubricant.

but you are too young for that anyways, and unless you go to parties a bunch, you probably don't want to be drinking and going to school.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I've always wanted to try weed to see if it takes off the edge, but I don't wanna get hooked :L

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I've always wanted to try weed to see if it takes off the edge, but I don't wanna get hooked :L
It's a gateway drug.

Lashing Leaf said:
lol kids i suggest not drinking you could experience alcohol poisoning, puking, mood swings, hang overs, and many other symptoms
i suggest you take some weed
Thankfully weed doesn't contain any long-term effects. Not.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Weed isn't physically addictive. It can be habit-forming but even if you smoke a quarter a day then quit cold turkey, the "withdrawal" symptoms are pretty minor.

As for a "gateway drug", I don't buy that **** for one second.

LASHING_LEAF

Smash Journeyman
weed is not addictive and it does take the edge off it changed my life... it opened my eyes to the planet.... and time is a loop hole pretty much... also you are ussually 10x cooler when you smoke it... because you have no concious and you are funny chill and everyone likes you... weed isent a drug

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Weed isn't physically addictive. It can be habit-forming but even if you smoke a quarter a day then quit cold turkey, the "withdrawal" symptoms are pretty minor.
I was judging it on the basis that it fulfills the criteria for both a positive and negative reinforcer. Therefore making it addictive. You don't have to waste time reading the below text, but I don't usually make claims without source. In general THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol), the psychoactive substance associated with cannabis induces positive feelings of the drug user bringing into the notion of positive reinforcement. At the same time, withdrawal symptoms as indicated in the below study: negative mood, muscle pain, chills, sleep disturbance, and decreased appetite are more or less undesirable to the drug user. Therefore cannabis involves negative reinforcement and has the potential to encourage users to continue in order to prevent withdrawal symptoms. Granted "addiction" can be a relative term that varies from person to person. But the fact that weed, cannabis, marijuana, or any other term qualifies as both a positive and negative reinforcer has led me to personally conclude that it has the potential to be addicting and should be considered for those criteria.

Leslie Iversen said:
Although it was previously thought that cannabis was not a drug of addiction, it is now recognized that cannabis use can lead to substance dependence in perhaps as many as 10% of regular users, according to the internationally accepted DSMIV definition of ‘substance dependence. In both animals and humans, a clear withdrawal syndrome can be identified. In rodents, chronic administration of THC or synthetic cannabinoids leads to downregulation and desensitization of cannabinoid CB1 receptors in the brain... In regular cannabis users, abstinence leads to a withdrawal syndrome characterized by negative mood (irritability, anxiety, misery), muscle pain, chills, sleep disturbance and decreased appetite. A placebo-controlled study showed that these symptoms were significantly reduced by oral administration of THC, suggesting that the withdrawal syndrome and underlying substance dependence were related to effects of THC on the cannabinoid CB1 receptor, rather than to any other component of herbal cannabis.
Luigi said:
As for a "gateway drug", I don't buy that **** for one second.
Well. At least obtaining weed exposes you to dealers who also sell other drugs. Depending on the dealer, they might offer you additional drugs free of charge in hopes of you developing a strong addiction and then selling you that drug so you become a dedicated client. Granted not all motives may be that sinister. But when you eventually meet more people who dabble in this kind of stuff, it can generally lead to further experimentation down the road.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I was judging it on the basis that it fulfills the criteria for both a positive and negative reinforcer. Therefore making it addictive. You don't have to waste time reading the below text, but I don't usually make claims without source. In general THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol), the psychoactive substance associated with cannabis induces positive feelings of the drug user bringing into the notion of positive reinforcement. At the same time, withdrawal symptoms as indicated in the below study: negative mood, muscle pain, chills, sleep disturbance, and decreased appetite are more or less undesirable to the drug user. Therefore cannabis involves negative reinforcement and has the potential to encourage users to continue in order to prevent withdrawal symptoms. Granted "addiction" can be a relative term that varies from person to person. But the fact that weed, cannabis, marijuana, or any other term qualifies as both a positive and negative reinforcer has led me to personally conclude that it has the potential to be addicting and should be considered for those criteria.

Well. At least obtaining weed exposes you to dealers who also sell other drugs. Depending on the dealer, they might offer you additional drugs free of charge in hopes of you developing a strong addiction and then selling you that drug so you become a dedicated client. Granted not all motives may be that sinister. But when you eventually meet more people who dabble in this kind of stuff, it can generally lead to further experimentation down the road.
I can't argue with that source. I suppose I feel the withdrawal is so minor compared to every other recreational drug that it is almost a non-issue, unless you have absolutely no self control. That's just anecdotal, I'll admit.

As for the dealer thing. I suppose you're technically correct, but you should realize that there are many people who sell pot and aren't just hustlers. Some people lead normal lives and sell some pot for a little extra cash every now and then. I think prescription pills, especially painkillers are much more of a gateway drug. People who deal in opiates and painkillers are much more often involved with heavier, far more dangerous drugs. Sure, they probably sell pot as well, but if you have common sense, you don't buy from that guy.

Common sense is what it really all boils down to. THC/cannibanoids alone aren't gonna suddenly make you start craving heroin or meth.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
weed is not addictive and it does take the edge off it changed my life... it opened my eyes to the planet.... and time is a loop hole pretty much... also you are ussually 10x cooler when you smoke it... because you have no concious and you are funny chill and everyone likes you... weed isent a drug
Edited by PD4FR for unintentional violation of rules.

LASHING_LEAF

Smash Journeyman
weed makes you happy if you do it right i love getting high i dont over do it though i think of it as a vacation lol

drugs has helped us with THOUSANDS of things your a girl and find it as a turn off because you dont know the truth about any of it... do research the beatles alice in wonderland most kings and queens it is also a relaxer and can make anyone happy and have hapifinys it makes you more focused if you try and makes imagination go crazy

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
If someone mentions, weed, alchohol or any other drug in here again, I'm closing this. No drug discussion.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I can't argue with that source. I suppose I feel the withdrawal is so minor compared to every other recreational drug that it is almost a non-issue, unless you have absolutely no self control. That's just anecdotal, I'll admit.
I haven't experienced w first hand and don't intend to try it, therefore I more or less rely on a technical definition in order to classify "addiction." I respect your personal assessment. After all, you don't really know what taking a rug feels like until you've taken it first-hand. I'm just elaborating on my opinions so that people can more or less follow how I arrived at my conclusion, regardless of whether or not my logic could be flawed. Just emphasizing mutual understanding.

Luigitoilet said:
As for the dealer thing. I suppose you're technically correct, but you should realize that there are many people who sell pot and aren't just hustlers. Some people lead normal lives and sell some pot for a little extra cash every now and then. I think prescription pills, especially painkillers are much more of a gateway drug. People who deal in opiates and painkillers are much more often involved with heavier, far more dangerous drugs. Sure, they probably sell pot as well, but if you have common sense, you don't buy from that guy.
No definitely, can't count how many college parodies there are of college students growing w in the school woods or in their basement. I attempted to allude to this by writing, "not all motives may be that sinister" but that hardly explains anything in detail. On campus we have these gazebos that kids usually smo and they usually pass around the blun after taking a couple of uffs. It's all good nature, but some people in the group may contribute a hard-hitter and get the group involved. Again no bad intentions, but the possibility is there for it to happen.

Luigi said:
Common sense is what it really all boils down to. THC/cannibanoids alone aren't gonna suddenly make you start craving heroin or meth.
No of course not.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
...So how about them Lakers? <_<

But seriously, find people who like sports if you're interested.

EDIT: Inb4lock ◄_◄

PD4FR

Smash Ace
If someone mentions, weed, alchohol or any other drug in here again, I'm closing this. No drug discussion.
Dang, you're right. My bad, I'm really tired. :(

Yea, um, I agree with Serin, just find people with common interests. :)

Pikaville

weed makes you happy if you do it right i love getting high i dont over do it though i think of it as a vacation lol

drugs has helped us with THOUSANDS of things your a girl and find it as a turn off because you dont know the truth about any of it... do research the beatles alice in wonderland most kings and queens it is also a relaxer and can make anyone happy and have hapifinys it makes you more focused if you try and makes imagination go crazy
That was close......just saw Mic_128's post.

I smoke, have done it for 10 years now, I have NEVER experienced any of the so called negative effects of it.

Maybe I am one of the lucky ones.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Also, hint before this gets locked:

Don't EVER confess your love for video games. It doesn't help at all.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Also, hint before this gets locked:

Don't EVER confess your love for video games. It doesn't help at all.
People know that I like Pokémon and they still don't really care. It's pretty much dependent on the type of people you're talking about. If you know really judgmental people, they'll probably care.

Then again, if I knew really judgmental people, I wouldn't really want to associate with them anyway, but that's just me.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah but videogames are horrible conversation material, especially with strangers.
Well, yeah. I'm just saying that it's not as if saying that you like video games will kill any chance of anyone liking you.

LASHING_LEAF

Smash Journeyman
tell people after they get to know you and if yall are friends they will likely be cool with it and if you act like its cool and you make it sound cool they will think your cool girls dont like it but girls also like it when you speak your mind just make it sound cool

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
You must be a dimensional cape, because I'd tap you any day of the weak. If you want to stall that's fine, but eventually you know we're gonna smash all night long.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah it's very hard to talk about other things then games. That's why we also get into watching shows and anime and cartoons, and play DDR and ITG and do other stuff that might not be JUST videogames. : ]

Or talk about food. Like Ice cream. Or cookies. : ]

My parents are the people who you wouldn't want to mention videogames to... They dislike it haha. And I'm 20. ;p

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Yeah it's very hard to talk about other things then games. That's why we also get into watching shows and anime and cartoons, and play DDR and ITG and do other stuff that might not be JUST videogames. : ]

Or talk about food. Like Ice cream. Or cookies. : ]

My parents are the people who you wouldn't want to mention videogames to... They dislike it haha. And I'm 20. ;p
DDR isn't a videogame?

Also you'd think by the time you're 20 you'd have something more interesting to talk about than cartoons and videogames >_>

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
DDR isn't a videogame?

Also you'd think by the time you're 20 you'd have something more interesting to talk about than cartoons and videogames >_>
It is but it's a little more socially acceptable since it can be physical and it's about music! (but not completely social)

so meaning DDR would be a little more interesting then smash for some, but it's situational.

Also, it's not like you'd want to talk about deeper things than that with a stranger.

and also I don't talk sports since I don't watch it. Bleh. Can't swim. Stuff like that.

Now you could talk about things like College and your work and what you believe in and your religion but who want's to talk about that stuff. Lol.

I mean it's harder to talk to people about things I'm interested in. You know, something you could probably have in common with that person.

Another topic could be Dogs/Cats/Pets in general. But for me it'd be short.

So it really depends on you and your life and how it's been. (and how you were raised)

Top Bottom