• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I had to Dair camp Esam to win.... The Pikachu matchup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
and that depresses me :/

mk can't approach pika on the ground, the risk/reward isn't worth it.

in the air, if i'm winning by just 1%, i can dair camp and potentially take a uair, or uair->nair worst case does about 20% (arouund low % will that connect)

on the ground, i get read once i can be taking a chaingrab into arial combo, he chooses to do d-throw->utilt in the last grab, my only safe option is to spam jump away and throw out a dair after two jumps to keep him from coming in and hitting me. now i'm out about 2-3 jumps and he's still under me waiting for me to land. if there's no platform around, i'm gonna take another hit unless he happens to get hit by nado barely.

screw u pikachu, stupid matchup.

i never had to play so gay/campy

it's almost harder than iceclimbers, tho pika's punishments are smaller, he's much much much harder to gimp, almost impossible. it feels like pika has a safe way to recover almost every time. best thing i got is hoping he gets nipped by a part of nado, but that's just damage, not a gimp....

/ends rant

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
thats what i ended up doing in grand finals since if i didn't win, i wouldn't be eating for a week.

my problem is i like outsmarting people on the ground too much instead of taking full advantage of every gay thing possible in all matchups.

and i figured this would be easier to find than searching through the MU thread for people who don't check that all the time.

if someone wants to copy this in there that's fine, but for now any questions about pika/esam vs mk/seibrik can be done here.

etecoon

Smash Hero
my problem is i like outsmarting people on the ground too much instead of taking full advantage of every gay thing possible in all matchups.
I'd say "play more snake/DDD" but that translates roughly to "have fun getting chain grabbed to 100% and probably not eating for a week" :laugh:

Teh Future

Smash Master
didn't judge make the same thread recently and a bunch of random people came in and were just like lol no.

we should do the opposite with this one!!!!!

lol sebrik I completely agree

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
and that depresses me :/

mk can't approach pika on the ground, the risk/reward isn't worth it.

in the air, if i'm winning by just 1%, i can dair camp and potentially take a uair, or uair->nair worst case does about 20% (arouund low % will that connect)

on the ground, i get read once i can be taking a chaingrab into arial combo, he chooses to do d-throw->utilt in the last grab, my only safe option is to spam jump away and throw out a dair after two jumps to keep him from coming in and hitting me. now i'm out about 2-3 jumps and he's still under me waiting for me to land. if there's no platform around, i'm gonna take another hit unless he happens to get hit by nado barely.

screw u pikachu, stupid matchup.

i never had to play so gay/campy

it's almost harder than iceclimbers, tho pika's punishments are smaller, he's much much much harder to gimp, almost impossible. it feels like pika has a safe way to recover almost every time. best thing i got is hoping he gets nipped by a part of nado, but that's just damage, not a gimp....

/ends rant
after your out of CG%, you 100% shut pika down eith ground tilts.... wtf are u talking about

how can u even rant your MK and this MU is NOT-THAT-CLOSE

-dead- @ MK can't approach pika on the ground, glad im now using this broken POS

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i only came here to post itt because someone has a happy disjointed bair in their sig

<3333

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
pika can get in between ur tilts, and save ur up b, pika's dair wrecks everything meta has on the ground.

so ur waiting for his dair to up b, but he shielded this time, fffffff, get uair/naired or worse.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
**** originality, play to win!

oh wait this ain't Pokemon.......

**** honor~ play to win!

fix'd

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
naw dawg, i'm gona play 2000000 friendlies with esam camping as gay as i can

we're crackin this "broken mk" ****

i shouldn't win like that

V

Smash Ace
9-10 minute timer sounds good for people fighting Wario and MK but it seems like that would make it harder fighting ICs. Last time I checked MK beat Pikachu fairly easily. Has the Pikachu metagame vs MK evolved?

IIIIRICK

Smash Journeyman
whats wrong with approaching pika on the ground other than him spamming neutral B?

not to good on the match up

V

Smash Ace
whats wrong with approaching pika on the ground other than him spamming neutral B?

not to good on the match up
I thought dtilt and ftilt ***** him but i guess its more complex than that. I'd imagine it's sorta like playing falco in that the beginning of each stock you need to avoid the grab but Pika's camping game isn't quite as good. Pika can actually edge guard to some extent and planking is a little more difficult but overall but approaching a spamming pika is pretty simple. walk > PS > walk > PS. He has a good keep away game with QAC but I'm honestly not too knowledgeable about the finer details of the MU nor do I have experience like Seibrik so maybe it is kinda difficult

Kel

Smash Master
Are there videos of this set, Seibrik?

I played with Anther a week after MLG and asked him specifically about this matchup (seeing as I lost to ESAM): to which I got more or less no real answer. Anther told me that even he thinks it's a hard match up for MK. He says when he plays MK vs pika (just for fun) he can see how weird of a match up it is. I can definitely see how it's in MK's favor but you have to play it differently, seeing as you can't exactly GIMP pika (as he has the second-best recovery in the game).

Play him like he's ICs/ Falco until 60% and remember that his jolt has a ton of lag.

...then again, you're the one that beats pikachus, not me lol.

KillerChao

Smash Rookie
i asked sensei about this match up and he told me if you want to win you have to play the role of the coward and plank
(i saw a tear fall from his face then i knew it was the truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom