• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I give up on the video thread.

ook

Smash Lord
good ****

upb *****

EDIT: question/something that needs testing

if you get the SA, then land, do you keep the SA?

I think so. I put a motion sensor bomb near the ledge, did the the up-b off then back on, and got super armor when DK was in the "stopped spinning" animation on the stage

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
tap jump isn't a big deal, not hard once you're used to it.

i suggest you learn, bigger upside (oos upb/usmash)
I had tap jump off for a short period of time (while I was learning Sheik's boost smash) and I found that the problem with DK was that I couldn't up+b during a dash. Like, I could when actually in the run, but not during the initial dash animations. I apparently do that all the time, and I had to immediately turn tap jump back on.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Tap jump also lets you do perfect short hop aerials. If you tap jump and press the c stick sideways or down before you leave the ground you will automatically short hop and buffer the aerial you c stick'd. Unfortunately up on the c stick will make you up smash and you can't use nair this way. I use this method for my bairs and RAR bairs and it's soooooooo easy. To RAR like this just tap back then circle up and c stick. too easy.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
Wait, what? I dont get what your saying.When you jump with tap jump you get short hops? I play with tap jump but I never jump with tap.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
If you press up to jump and before you leave the ground buffer an aerial with the c stick it will force you to short hop. It's very useful.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
WOW this is amazing. Quarter circles even Half are going to help so much.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
Rag you cant do Uairs like this right? Seems only useful when doing a RAR..

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Uairs don't work like that. But it does make it easy to Usmash OoS by smashing both sticks up. I mainly only use it for bairs with DK but it's great for other characters too.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Dayum.... Ook for best Dk in the world! :)

Luigi player

Smash Master

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I don't like platforms that much because of DDD's up tilt and I take Ic;s there beceause I have room to move around

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman

Can't wait to see these. And thanks for using the format. Thats the worst seed.

LAWL you both cpd JJ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txhElWOIfXE&feature=channel_pageI make 1 mistake and it costs me the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXPTmkv8RPU&feature=channel_page I could have won this if my side b hit him when he was just standing there.

my set vs. lain

if you can't play against DDD or ICS I highly suggest watching this set
lol Lain is the dk killer. Going to watch these, maybe I might actually try and fight DK vs Dedede and ICeys

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Any chance you guys could critique my DK a bit. I have alot of problems as a player but I'm working to improve and the more input the better.

Ace vs. Marth - I actually felt really good about this match, and was happy I read him at the end.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBMsTpNZgm4

Ace(DK) vs EDubz(Wolf) - 1 thing I already know is when I was having trouble timing DSmash to punish rolls I should have started UpBing, otherwise any advice?(Game 1 and 2 I was Diddy so I won't bother linking them)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kYf5NWChLQ

Sadly that's all I have online at the moment.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion

ook

Smash Lord
Dunno why ripple hasn't posted these yet (since he uploaded them), but...

lots of doubles vids :)
in the format, lawl

4-11-09 C4 Galore! w/ Ripple :dk2: vs. Count/Fuzzy :diddy::lucario: 1 2

4-11-09 C4 Galore! w/ Ripple :dk2: vs. NOJ/Judge :gw::metaknight: 1 2

4-11-09 C4 Galore! w/ Ripple :dk2: vs WTP/The Mann :luigi2::kirby2: 1 2

4-11-09 C4 Galore! w/ Ripple :dk2: vs. TGM/SS :snake::marth::wario:1 2 3

4-11-09 C4 Galore! w/ Ripple :dk2: vs Lou/Nope :gw::snake: 1 2

4-11-09 C4 Galore! w/ Ripple :dk2: vs Anther/SamuraiPanda :025::snake:1 2

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
You guys got robbed on the Mansion. I thought you would have came back to win it. :/

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
updated. Thanks for posting in the format even though I didnt ask. Made my job soooo much easier.

daisho

Smash Lord
Dude!!! 2:10 you could have used the UP B Gay... i mean trick.

When you have half the mansion destroyed, destroy the other half, it regenerates really quickly.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
why do you play that match up when the infinite is allowed? even I don't do that anymore

Luigi player

Smash Master
Dude!!! 2:10 you could have used the UP B Gay... i mean trick.

When you have half the mansion destroyed, destroy the other half, it regenerates really quickly.
Yeah, I totally didn't think of that during the match >.< and well, it was too fast for me to react... and I didn't think that I'll have that much knockback.

why do you play that match up when the infinite is allowed? even I don't do that anymore
I didn't want to, but he CPd LM so I took DK, I didn't know he'd choose Dedede >_>

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Bigfoot go to SCSA and bring your recoding device. :)

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
lol I remember my thread about secondaries and you said you go DK for anyone. lol guess yall learned something XD. But all seriousness that match was just nasty, plain and simple.

Top Bottom