• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I give up on the video thread.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
then i suppose i took it the wrong one. i figured i'd get some criticism, but i didn't expect 2 posters telling me what i did wrong or could have done is pretty annoying, considering i didn't ask for any advice.
before you posted, i had actually edited my post to be less mean (and corrected that i did, in fact, ledge-jumps on accident) but u got to it first. albeit your numbers were only a little over, it was statements like 'you always got punished' and 'you never' i found harsh for scenarios that happened once and twice.

i do appreciate you pointing out the specific times though, its less vague than "you always/never" and shows you payed attention for the advice you give.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
I guess I can see "you always/never" sounding bad when it didn't happen very often. I'll have to remember that.

I just tried out Dthrow to up b on Toon Link and he can Zair you before the SA comes out after 25% if you run too close before doing it. If you just up b or move a little and then up b you will SA through the Zair since it takes a little bit of time to reach you. He can DI though so it also depends on how they DI. If he DI's away he lands before his Zair comes out. If he DI's up his Zair is too high and by the time he gets down your up b is already attacking.

I forgot to mention that he can't grab you in the air unless you are really close to him when I suggested using aerial side b's to prevent landing into his grabs. This works on Link and Toon Links grabs only.

crifer

Smash Lord
A spamming Toon Link is sooo annoying difficult to beat.
Like seriously, so many projectiles... air dodge to zair,
kill setups through boomerang that´s coming back.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
@ cyphus

2:00 in on the second video, wtf was that? did you slip up or were you going for something that I don't know about.

other than that, you (admittedly) got greedy with the punch, you gotta save the downsmash a bit more (you were hitting with it just before ko %) and you gotta tilt more in general. for mid tier like toon link especially, a well spaced ftilt is really hard to punish for them, you might get out of the habit of ftilting from playing good characters that can punish it, but toon link is not one of those characters

Luigi player

Smash Master
u should watch more than 1 minute before giving advice. especially considering i admitted to have been playing sloppy in the beginning (for reasons i wont john about)
anyway,
Yeah, sorry, I had noticed it and wanted to tell you. I didn't have time to watch more at that time...

daisho

Smash Lord
Is anybody willing to start a new one of these?

I think it would be good to do it like the kirby thread since it would be low maintenance and i thought that was the best overall video thread anyway.

Anyway, the real reason i posted is because i realized i had a bunch of replays of two or three stocks and rather than upload them all fully i made highlights (of one so far, i want to see if its a hit before i do others).

Here is the LINK

Tell me what you think.

Its only 46 seconds long so no excuse to not watch it.

Could i have started a jab lock at 38?

Also should I put in music or leave it with the brawl music?

And should i combine them all into one big DK highlight video or make them all separate.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
I <3 3 stocking people.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
I'll manage the video thread I guess. I'll do the Kirby boards format because there's seems very well organized and a lot easier to keep track of IMO.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
The new DK thread is up, please post with your videos and I'll add you ASAP

Top Bottom