• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I can no longer beat my friends falco...

madiaz3

Smash Apprentice
I consider myself a very good player.
Before I would never have too much of a problem beating him...but now he has a new style.

He sidesteps like mad, and I always fall for it.

Missed Foward smash=defiinate hard hit from him.

The only options I see are..

1. Sidestep as much as he does.
Seems good but it appears that Marth's sidesteps are indeed much slower.

2. Fake him out when he sidesteps.

First off, I would think of HOW to do that because the intervals between his sidesteps are so minimal.

I can no longer foward smash at all except for luck.

What are the best combos for linking into a foward smash.
I know grabs are good but it greatly varies with percentages.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
If you continue playing him eventually you will learn the frames of the sidestep that are not invincible and then you can hit him or better yet grab him out of that, fsmash? you should just walk up and do it or spam it for that matter, you should use it as a turnaround. What I mean is if he finds a break between his sidesteps and starts to attack or combo you, the second you land and hes charging at you fsmash in the face. just find diffferent places to use it.

Craw

Smash Cadet
i agree, i always have trouble against my friend which sidesteps and roll like no other and is really good at it. once he rolls or sidestep and fsmash you, its very hard to get back on stage. i usually hope he just sidestep and keep poking him with dtilt :(

Hilary

Smash Cadet
mixups. x_X

i'm having the very same problem against my friend's peach. the second i miss an fair or fsmash, i'm ****ed. the best i could come up with was to continually bait ss's and either try to short hop in and throw, or mix it up with SH fair and SH double fair. if he sidestepped the single fair, then i land and wavedash backwards or throw. eventually he'll start blocking or attacking because it gets to be too much work to guess all the time.

kind of a third strike tactic now that i think about it, either SH attack or SH crossup and throw. :lol:

if it's an aggressive link, get his *** in the air where you can rock him. run away alot, space. get him to chase you and attack when he can't ss like after a jump, or a projectile.

also, what does he punish you with when he ss's?

stuntcuum3571

Smash Ace
its Falco, anytime you grab him you get a free Fsmash until like 60...then you get a Fair combo. Dancing blade can punish sidestep/ roll spammers, but your best bet is to stop spamming Fsmash amd dont be as predictable.

madiaz3

Smash Apprentice
thats the hard part...

getting to grab him, i sustain way more damage in the procoess of failed grabbing, even jump canceled

stuntcuum3571

Smash Ace
Heres a quick fix. Play him as you usually do. When a time arises wneh you would usually Fsmash, just wait. If he spot dodges, WD in and grab him in the lag. If he does dodge ,play him as usual. It seems he is playing reactively, so be as unpredictable as possible. And try to bait him into attacking with laggy moves, although thatll be tough since Falco has few.

madiaz3

Smash Apprentice
sounds good, thanks.

I didn't get to play him much after he began to beat me. only 3 matches, let time tell..

meepxzero

Smash Master
Just dont use forward smash on him no more :o on the ground. Its a hard habit to break but itll make u better overall. Only use it for a juggle ender or if they are in the air so he cant spot dodge it. Try to use down tilts more so even if he does spot dodge it he will get hit by the second hit due to its little lag. If he rolls or jumps at u roll away from him or jump cancel dtilt into an aerial.

OxiNu

Smash Rookie
Try charging your fsmash half the time. If he dodges before you release, just wait until he comes back and let it fly :)
Be sure to mix up charged and uncharged though. If he waits to see if you charged it or not, he probably won't be left with enough time to react correctly. You'll most likely force him into dealing with your fsmash a different way.

MarthMaster2

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure but i think this will work. If u can play as link try. Use sword spin attacks cause they are hard to dodge and predict. If he figures your plan out throw boomerangs to confuse him and then he will be more open to sword attacks and spins. And u can use bombs too because even if he sidesteps he might take damage from the explosion. You can do this even better by using young link's bombs which have more explosion. If you are an advanced link player as well you should be able to pull this off well.

madiaz3

Smash Apprentice
yeah

to onixu. I cant believe i didnt think of that. thanks

to marthmaster, yeah it could work.
Its just a marth issue, i can beat hm as doc, but i want to as marth.

ArC_man

Smash Ace
I suggest learning when his dodge runs out of invincibility.

As long as he doesn't do reflector or something right after a dodge, you should easily be able to grab him.

Try this: if you whiff a JC'ed grab just grab again right when you recover and you'll catch him EVERY time (if he tries to f-smash) unless you completely mistime it. Actually any quick attack will knock him out of his f-smash (neutral A, counter, u-tilt, etc).

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
What you need to do is predict his dodge. If you know it is coming, a simple dash back then dash towards and grab him will do. The dash back should mess up his dodge timing most of the time. Basically you stand in the range that you'd usually be fsmashing or whatever. You know he is gonna dodge so throw out a quick attack like neutral A or something. He dodges, like you expected but instead of continuing to attack him you dash backwards then turn and dash at him during ending animation of his dodge, when it can be hit. You grab him and start a chain grab.

Zanguzen

Smash Lord
nair goes through dodge, charge fsmash, fsmash when lag runs out- best two options are tipper fsmash after dodge runs out at mid percents or grab after lag runs out at low percents- then chainthrow and when u think hes gonna get out utilt a couple times and into an fsmash- sorry that ***** falco to no end u shud have no truble against a falco that spams dodge

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
just sideb combo into him. or spam jabs. these have lots of hitbox frames that he cant dodge all of them and he will be POed because he got *****.

takieddine

Smash Master
I consider myself a very good player.
Before I would never have too much of a problem beating him...but now he has a new style.

He sidesteps like mad, and I always fall for it.

Missed Foward smash=defiinate hard hit from him.

The only options I see are..

1. Sidestep as much as he does.
Seems good but it appears that Marth's sidesteps are indeed much slower.

2. Fake him out when he sidesteps.

First off, I would think of HOW to do that because the intervals between his sidesteps are so minimal.

I can no longer foward smash at all except for luck.

What are the best combos for linking into a foward smash.
I know grabs are good but it greatly varies with percentages.
Stop Fsmashing so much, if you do fsmash as much as you say you do, i dont consider that the mark of a good player.

dtilts and jabs are your friend.

madiaz3

Smash Apprentice
what the HELL

did you guys not see the original date

05-29-2005, 02:04 PM

now im getting emails about ppl replying to this!

i havent played this friend in smash for almost 2 years lol

Saymus

Smash Apprentice
I wonder about these Marth forums... ;)

(hahahahaha and the guy who bumped it... his post wasn't even that helpful.... lol)

MaritLage227

Smash Apprentice
I can see your problem here. I would consider mindgames, like short hop aerial A moves. But try to poke in decent smash moves after his lag. also, rolling away after he dodges. keep enough distance for maximum power sword attacks.

Good Luck!

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I can see your problem here. I would consider mindgames, like short hop aerial A moves. But try to poke in decent smash moves after his lag. also, rolling away after he dodges. keep enough distance for maximum power sword attacks.

Good Luck!

this man knows his stuff.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
this is a pretty bad thread, i didnt really read all of it but against spot dodge spammers side b and nair work wonders and yeah basically learn to predict it get a grab uthrow the **** out of him if you start to punish him for it he'll eventually catch on and start to do it less.

edit: and maritlages post is like the funniest thing ive seen... mindgames like aerial a

Top Bottom