• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I asked Sethlon how he was doing at AZonetwo step. *Updating*

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
i must say i am quite sad..... how could forward do this to us, and after that thread where we compared him to chuck norris. *sobs* its ok we dont need forward we got sethlon :]
but sethlons out.....
GO FORWARD!!

Mecha Soul

Smash Apprentice
Lol, never seen a thread like this before.

Back in the "Melee" days, people would just go to the hub and spill the news there...then again, people actually went to the hub back then :( Most notable moment would probably be when Ken went on the hub to tell people about Bombsoldier.

Anyways, go Sethlon, yay.
well as sad as it is, the hub is obsolete now. If you ever need videos you can just go on youtube

and speaking of youtube, I want some videos.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
DSF got 1st.

clowsui

Smash Legend
DSF: too nice
Holy crap I wish he wouldn't play Snake though :< Eventually we'll figure out a way to beat him...

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
WOAH. wonder who this CK92 is.......
He knocked Sethlon into losers.

Sethlon was really really mad, because he was winning and got hit randomly by a spike >_>. He said the falco wasn't good at chaingrabbing lol.

And if Maxxpower didn't send DSF to losers, sethlon would of made it much further.

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
Its a typo

Its SK92 and hes from here in Las vegas.

I recorded 2 of his matches from a local tournament 2 weeks ago and hes a **** good Falco. just I don't think hes on par with Sethlon. Sethlon's Falco is much better.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Its a typo

I recorded 2 of his matches from a local tournament 2 weeks ago and hes a **** good Falco. just I don't think hes on par with Sethlon. Sethlon's Falco is much better.

wow, thank you. its good to know others see how sethlon is amazing.

Does anybody know who knocked DSF to losers?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
wow, thank you. its good to know others see how sethlon is amazing.

Does anybody know who knocked DSF to losers?
I already answered this in my above post.

Howdy

Smash Rookie
Apologies for the SK92 typo, it's fixed. My opinion is that Sethlon is much more fun to watch, but it just seems like SK92 gets more killing blows in. In their match, Sethlon demonstrated how to properly 0-death a Falco in the 2nd game, it was fun to watch. Shame that Sethlon got knocked out.

Maxxxpower tore through Snakes with his ROB, but lost when Forward went Dedede on him in the winner's finals. DSF brought out Dedede for the loser's finals.

Yes, there are recorded Sethlon matches, including him vs. SK92. All recordings are on dookdigity's computer, he has like 100 gigs of tourney video from the main TV. He has to go through and cut it all up into seperate matches though, give him some time.

Dannykat

Smash Journeyman
1st: DSF (Snake)
2nd: Forward (Snake)
3rd: Maxxxpower (ROB)
4th: SK92 (Falco)
5th: dookdigity (Snake)
where am I? I got 5th too :(

I lost to SK92. His chaingrabbing is actually good, its just that he was messing up a lot when i was watching him play sethlon. I only got to see the end of the last match since i was playing someone else in the bracket. I just saw SK92 get 0-death'd, then ran somewhere to come back seeing Sethlon die from a spike, ending the game.

Blad01

Smash Lord
Good that Sethlon lost :p He will become even better (i.e He will use Boost Smash etc) :)

But, yeah, curious about this SK92. I already watched (or maybe i'm mistaking...), he didn't look soo great. Maybe he has improved his game :D

Dannykat

Smash Journeyman
Good that Sethlon lost :p He will become even better (i.e He will use Boost Smash etc) :)

But, yeah, curious about this SK92. I already watched (or maybe i'm mistaking...), he didn't look soo great. Maybe he has improved his game :D
If you are talking about the videos from vegas, then yes he did. He use to start off by just chaingrabbing across the stage then dash cancelling upsmashes. Now he he added in mixes of nairs/dairs to either an upsmash/grab again. I always fall for his mindgames with the fsmashes. >.>

SK92

Smash Journeyman

Sethlon was really really mad, because he was winning and got hit randomly by a spike >_>. He said the falco wasn't good at chaingrabbing lol.

And if Maxxpower didn't send DSF to losers, sethlon would of made it much further.
I hate to see whining babys when they lose im not some random falco, i got years on my belt and chaingrabbing doesn't only make a falco, i got mindgames along with seth u can't say hes better then my falco, cuz what place did he get? I got 4th.
Don't criticize another player when u only played him two matches im SK92 best in Nevada so don't come at my falco like that. Yeah u did that reverse chaingrab, but i got more experience then u due to my experience in melee, dont criticize me sethlon.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Clarification: The spike happened the first stock in our last match, and was far from the reason I was frustrated at losing. I was a stock ahead and SK92 was at 110%, but then he finished my stock off and then got a grab.

And I say he isn't really too good at chaingrabbing because he didn't do any shortstep regrabs/turn around regrabs, and all of his regrabs he ran, so he tripped a time or two in the middle of chaining me. He is really good at the spike -> jab -> regrab at lower percents, though.

Hes also (like someone mentioned earlier in this thread) alot better than me at finishing people off outside of chaining. Like, my matches vs DSF...both matches he lived till 200+ the first stock...I finally finish his first life off when I'm on my last stock, but then I get a grab the second, and 0-death him, and then we're both pretty even again. SK92 on the other hand was at roughly the same percent/stock as DSF all the time in the matches he played against him.

Don't criticize another player when u only played him two matches im SK92 best in Nevada so don't come at my falco like that. Yeah u did that reverse chaingrab, but i got more experience then u due to my experience in melee, dont criticize me sethlon.
....*sigh*

I love you think that whatever anyone else says is exactly what I'm thinking, on top of blowing out of proportion what they're saying. And you have more melee experience than me?? How many years did you play? I've been playing in tournaments since '04.

SK92

Smash Journeyman
Clarification: The spike happened the first stock in our last match, and was far from the reason I was frustrated at losing. I was a stock ahead and SK92 was at 110%, but then he finished my stock off and then got a grab.

And I say he isn't really too good at chaingrabbing because he didn't do any shortstep regrabs/turn around regrabs, and all of his regrabs he ran, so he tripped a time or two in the middle of chaining me. He is really good at the spike -> jab -> regrab at lower percents, though.

Hes also (like someone mentioned earlier in this thread) alot better than me at finishing people off outside of chaining. Like, my matches vs DSF...both matches he lived till 200+ the first stock...I finally finish his first life off when I'm on my last stock, but then I get a grab the second, and 0-death him, and then we're both pretty even again. SK92 on the other hand was at roughly the same percent/stock as DSF all the time in the matches he played against him.
thanks sethlon, but falco against snakes aren't good like when we both played DSF our percentages would be even like at 120 percent and all snake has to do is up tilt then the falco is done. While falco has to land a clean forward smash or upsmash for a finish which dsf was avoiding real good.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Ohh SK92 goes here now?

Hmm interestin

I'm Xeno on your friends list SK, I think we've played a bit...I know your falco always kicks my *** haha but I AM getting better. I know that you're way better though :p nice to see it's not some random no-name that kicks my *** though <_<

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
In all seriousness, do we really need this?

Really now. If you 2 really have to settle this deal with it outside this thread.

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
I'm from Vegas as well. SK92 is pretty **** good...

haha whatever, still a Sethlon fan though :D
Vegas Smashers unite!! :laugh:

Cept when 2 Falcos who are very popular get in a dogfight :dizzy: (one of them being from Vegas as well :eek: )

All thats missing is 2 Arwings and some bread :chuckle:

SK92

Smash Journeyman
case closed myself and sethlon are very great falcos who could've beat dsf and forward snakes, and it could've went either way in the matches, I respect sethlon and im not trying to cause any conflict, sethlon and i could've got second and first place.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace

The top 4 seeds should have been DSF, Maxxpower, Forward, and SK92, and Morty's sick metaknight, but they seeded by Pools results and a bunch of the top seeds ended up in the same side of the brackets because they lost one or two matches at random in their pool :x

Its a typo

SK92 is the better Falco, he just doesn't have Hylian on smashboards talking smack for him 24/7 (he just has me lol). I gave him some new Falco hax after the tournament was over too its gonna be so much **** next time we show up!

Anyone who doubts the power of Nevada is askin for a hurtin, between Vegas and Reno we represented the following at AZOne:
Best Falco Main (SK92, 4th, 3rd teams)
Best Ice Climbers/GameAndWatch Main (DYF, 13th, 17th teams)
Best or 2nd best Samus (TuDoR 3-stocked someone TWICE in his pools)
Best Peach (Peapo tied with Light)
Best Marth (DannyKatt by far)
Best Luigi (TZFR tied with BigLu)
2nd best Meta (Mercy)
Best teams representation - 3rd Kyle and DannyKatt, 5th Mercy and Peapo (knocked out by Kyle and DannyKatt)
Probably best 3 crews, Feat. TFI+Kyle (SK92, DannyKat, Peapo, Mercy, TZFR?), and MK + DSF and Ajax (DSF, DYF, Ajax, Tudor, VJ), and Reno Crew
Chillest Lucas Main (7 stock in a crew battle! 1-1 against T0mmy in Pools!)
6-stocked Taj's dodgeball team w/ some other dudes (but they 5-stocked us first)

That doesn't even include Reno, who did amazing in their own right.

We brought 20 people and all but one of us made it out of pools and into brackets, and for the most part either lost to Forward, DSF, or other Vegas and Reno smashers, and aside from team TORNADO TORNADO TORNADO TORNADO TORNADO and DSF, SK92/DannyKat and Peapo/Mercy dominated teams.

All said and done we had a great time, Sethlon has a really sick and technical Falco, that match with SK92 was the dirtiest match ever, 0-deaths both ways, but once the chain grabs were out of it Kyle King stepped it up and proved that he had better mindgames and a better Falco. I really think Forward only beat Kyle because he spent some time and studied his style before their match, but then again the matches were really close and Forward is clutch so I dunno. See you in Oregon, and be on the look out for a Vegas regional tournament!

Top Bottom