• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Am Legend (2007)

Cort

Apple Head
It's obviously happened in the past. It didn't for this movie because I made sure to stay away from reading them until after I watched it myself, and I ended up enjoying the movie a lot more I believe.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It was a decent movie. They sure did change a lot of elements from the original story, but it's still not the worse thing ever to hit the big screen.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
I liked it. I reminded me a lot of Children of Men. Why, you ask? Let me count the ways:
1) The world is boned
2) He saves a woman+child by sacrificing himself
3) woman+child have the secret to making the world less boned
4) It ends with only the beginning of saving the world. It ends with hope, not a solution.

Linguini

Smash Master
Movie was OK, the story was great but the plot was lacking in several aspects.
I would nto recommend it for theaters, rent this when it comes out on dvd, its not worth all the excitement. The book is alot better.

E123Omega

Smash Lord
The movie was quite excellent. Lots of suspense, and it keeps you thinking: Wow! You know, this **** could really happen!
as the movie starts off as somebody finds a cure for cancer which turns out to be a virus which turns everybdoy into "dark seekers" as Will likes to call them.

Will Smith's performance in this movie was just outstanding, I recommend this movie to anybody who likes moments of suspense or anybody who loves sci-fi thrillers.

halfDemon

Smash Lord
The movie wasn't too bad. I enjoyed some of the action sequences and the story itself was good. Things were left unanswered and some plot errs, but not too bad.

Will Smith's acting in this film, however, was just uncanny.

The Shrek scence was just amazing.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Will Smith's performance in this movie was just outstanding, I recommend this movie to anybody who likes moments of suspense or anybody who loves sci-fi thrillers.
I think that if it weren't for Will Smith the movie would have just been sub par. Considering there was only one dynamic character in the movie, casting for the role was absolutely paramount. I can't imagine any other actor beating Smith's performance of Robert Neville in this movie.

Dibs

Smash Lord
There's plenty of other actors capable of beating and surpassing Will's performance. I still love his though.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I'm not saying that Will Smith is the best actor going, I just think that (aka IMO) Will Smith was the right (best/only) actor for the job. Also, Fresh Prince bias.

Levitas

the moon
meh, I thought both the movie and the book were lacking in thier own ways. Reminded me of the writer that wrote the short story for "Paycheck" in terms of writing style. And the movie went in a direction I didn't like--it ignored the major thematic sequences that the book relied on.

I wouldn't recommend seeing it unless you're really bored. Like I am now.

jaej

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't really excited about this movie. They gave away the whole thing in the trailer.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
i saw the movie today, and when it got to the part when sam died, i cried...on the inside of course. when i got home and ran to my german shepherd and hugged her until she got annoyed and ran to the other side of the patio, lol.

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
I ****ing hated it when the
dog died. I have a shepherd myself and I couldn't stand that Sam was killed.

I really liked the movie though, first movie ever to really scare me.

Jamal

Smash Cadet
I really liked the movie I just wish it was longer but otherwise really no complaints.

Synt4x

Smash Rookie
i thought it was terrible. It was well-produced, but if I could use one word to describe it, it would be 'unnecessary'.

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
Had I only watched the movie up until
the dog died
and then suddenly departed I would have thought it a great film.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
No, all movies are not unnecessary. Anyone who thinks so is intellectually and creatively challenged, probably from all the vodka their mother drank during pregnancy.

Cort

Apple Head
Yeah uh, this movie was quite unnecessary. I mean, I could have saved myself the 9 dollars and good time and sat at home and done something much more productive.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I can understand why some people would not like this movie. Rather than complain about it, go see the best films of the year: No Country for Old Men, Michael Clayton, and Juno. These are my top three favorites. I loved a lot more, but I am 100 percent certain that these three will all be nominated for best picture.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
How old was the original of this movie? When I saw it in the theater, there was a whole lot of old people there. It kind of surprised me.

Overall: Good movie.

Dark Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Neoshade
Take your girlfriend with you. Mine was scared and freaked out the whole time, which added to the greatness of the movie. Watch out for flinging arms though, they hurt when they hit you in the face =(.

Peeze

Smash Master
By far the worse ending to a movie I've ever seen in my whole life. The build-up was great, climax perfect, but the resolution was lacking... umph. I wonder if Will Smith saw Tom Hanks in castaway, cause his acting mith those manaquins was similar.

ZeroGravity

Smash Rookie
I saw it with 4 of my friemds, one of them curled up into a ball and covered his ears during scary parts xD
But I felt the ending was rushed.

Top Bottom