• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Am Legend (2007)

TheLastHero

Smash Apprentice
I thought that AS A MOVIE, it ticked all the right boxes, and although things had been done before, they had been done for a good reason, because they're GOOD THINGS. Although the plot was different from the book, it was by no means bad. And it DOES explain why he wan't infected, because it didn't have a 100% infection rate, pay attention to the speeches guys.
I think Will is a brilliant actor, he's got a great range from comedy to more serious parts, such as with the dog , and it's definitely a step in the right direction for him. We know he can do funny, either obviously funny like MIB or subtly in Hitch, and we know he can do the tough-guy gunman as seen in I, Robot, but I think this is one of his greater performances, getting the balance of a man slightly loosened by being aone for so long, and a tough guy, and a sensitive guy. I would definitely give it 8.5-9/10, it would be a definite 9 if it had the plot twist about the "still alive" people from the first book, and the cause of the book's name in the first place.

bossyjellyfish

Foxes Mate for Life
I just got home from watching this. I enjoyed it, it was pretty good. Funny it kind of just. . .ended. The ending was different than most movies today do.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I saw this yesterday and loved it, though the ending had me wanting to know if he had actually found a cure or not. Had a wide range of stuff, comedy, tradgety, monsters, was good. Also very emotional, like the part where
the 2 new people ak him to sit at the table and he just *can't* because he's still not sure if it's real or not, the poor guy. : (

Heh, and that crazy
Frank. Man, what a jerk Frank was : D

Stryks

Smash Hero
The movie was great, man I actually got real sad how he lost his dog and how depressed he got, but the action was sick, not as kick *** action a spiderman 3 (hold ur flaming, I said action, Great action but horrible movie) never the less the movie is great...

and I tought that super dark seeker, the one that seemes in charge was gonna have a bigger role, like its a zombified friend of will (forgot his screen name) but still very awesome, by far one of my fav movies fo the year...

OffTheChain

Smash Ace
I went to the movie without knowing anything (as I always try to do) except that it has Will Smith and I love that guy, and I thought it was really good and compelling... until zombies showed up, and I lost a lot of interest as it gained that "just another movie" quality.

Still, pretty good thought as Will Smith is an amazing actor.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
national treasure sucked, critics are bashing the second one as well and it looks equally terrible. lol at the spiderman 3 comment. that movie is def the most dissapointing film of 2007. i walked in there thinking i'd get another spiderman 2 and instead got an emo peter parker. wtf was sam raimi thinking when he thought people would pay to see tobey maguire pull his hair back, kick mary jane, and play the piano with a contrived punk attitude?

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I really didn't like the movie: the first half was decent as we watched how Neville survived every day, but once he went to the pier to kamikaze the zombies and the two other survivors saved him it just got ludicrous and stupid. Neville quoting Shrek for about two straight minutes and then giving a horribly unrelated speech about Bob Marley just pained me. Also, the stalkers looked horrible and the ending was so cheesy and cliche.

I was very disappointed with this movie. I hope Cloverfield doesn't do the same :(

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Why the hell are they even making a second one? Didn't they learn with the first? I haven't seen it, but hopefully it isn't as nationalistic.
because it made a ****load of money. i can guarantee you right here and now that there will be a national treasure 3, because the 2nd one is making more than the first and it will continue maknig money for the next month.

Peeze

Smash Master
My friends kept telling me that the "boss" dark seeker was so determined to get in cause he had a romantic relationship with the one that Neville caught and was experimenting on. I didnt think so, or see any evidence of that. Did anybody else?

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
@Peeze, I actually thought the same as your friends did. I also think that's the reason he was able to stand the sun for a bit, because he had a connection with the one Neville caught. That's why I thought it was weird that Neville made a mistake during his daily journal thingy. He said he thought the Darkseeker was able to do it because of brain dysfunction or lost of his basic survival instincts. I just thought the guy was in love with the captured one because of the way he looked.

I don't have any proof, but I've just got that feeling. It definitly seemed so to me.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was very disappointed with this movie. I hope Cloverfield doesn't do the same :(
Beware. Cloverfield appears thus far to be suffering from SCS: Shakey Camera Syndrome. They're trying to make it feel "authentic" by making the camera guy spasm for two hours. If you get motion sick, be prepared.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I... liked this movie... Almost cried at one part.

I love how the Alpha male creature looks like Adam Sessler..

-Onyx

Peeze

Smash Master
@Peeze, I actually thought the same as your friends did. I also think that's the reason he was able to stand the sun for a bit, because he had a connection with the one Neville caught. That's why I thought it was weird that Neville made a mistake during his daily journal thingy. He said he thought the Darkseeker was able to do it because of brain dysfunction or lost of his basic survival instincts. I just thought the guy was in love with the captured one because of the way he looked.

I don't have any proof, but I've just got that feeling. It definitly seemed so to me.
Huh. Maybe thats what they were tryna get at. In his web cam journal he did say a male willingly exposed himself to sunlight so yeah i guess your right.

courte

Smash Lord
i liked this movie, and not, i'm not like, roger f@cking ebert.

Best parts:
Super Saiyan Holy Hand Grenade lol
Fred; everything about that guy... D@MNIT FRED!!

Top Bottom