• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Hyrule Warriors

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
I hope I can still download Link's ocarina of time costume. I would get that pre order pair, but I strongly dislike Zelda's ocarina of time costume, as where I like hers and Link's Skyward Sword costumes

R0Y

Smash Master
I hope I can still download Link's ocarina of time costume. I would get that pre order pair, but I strongly dislike Zelda's ocarina of time costume, as where I like hers and Link's Skyward Sword costumes
I'm sure you'll be able to download them down the road, but probably in the packs, i.e. Ocarina of time costume pack. That's how the DLC slips are working out after all. I bet they're all put up for download on the eShop day 1.

I'm surprised you don't like Ocarina of Time Zelda's look, but I'm sure you'll be able to swap her to HW or SS Zelda when you play as her, and leave OoT as is. It's just some texture and geometry changes on the models.

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
Well by lucky you get some DLC. the Aussies (that's me) don't get that. We just get a scarf in a country with 11 months of summer. Like lol Nintendo really?

But the upside is we all get a new game mode and weapon that is coming with the bug fix patch. We don't know if it will be a day zero download or on the disc itself for us outside ***.

I have pre-ordered the game though. As it's very similar to Mystic Heroes for Gamecube and I liked that game a lot.

[edit] j-a-p is censored by the forums.

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
Well by lucky you get some DLC. the Aussies (that's me) don't get that. We just get a scarf in a country with 11 months of summer. Like lol Nintendo really?

But the upside is we all get a new game mode and weapon that is coming with the bug fix patch. We don't know if it will be a day zero download or on the disc itself for us outside ***.

I have pre-ordered the game though. As it's very similar to Mystic Heroes for Gamecube and I liked that game a lot.

12 Months of summer by Canadian standards. :p A lot of people in NA would rather take that limited edition scarf bundle, trust me.

I guess the Ganon DLC for registering isn't happening either?

And yeah that's considered a racial slur, that's why it's censored. Just use JP, country code and doesn't cause offence.

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
Actually Nintendo of Oz have confirmed we are getting the Link/Zelda DLC, they just haven't said if its preorder, retail specific, club Nintendo, paid, given away for free later, etc. Europe have also had it confirmed, but no other details. So we might still get it free.

@above Oz is getting the Ganon DLC, the only places that aren't are those that don't have club Nintendo. (Eg Parts of Europe that aren't in the EU) and knowing Dynasty Warriors it will be available there too eventually (free or otherwise).

the8thark

Smash Lord
Actually Nintendo of Oz have confirmed we are getting the Link/Zelda DLC, they just haven't said if its preorder, retail specific, club Nintendo, paid, given away for free later, etc. Europe have also had it confirmed, but no other details. So we might still get it free.

@above Oz is getting the Ganon DLC, the only places that aren't are those that don't have club Nintendo. (Eg Parts of Europe that aren't in the EU) and knowing Dynasty Warriors it will be available there too eventually (free or otherwise).
I have heard about everyone with Club Nintendo access getting the Ganon costumes. But I've heard nothing about the other DLC. But I won't say what you said is wrong either. I think we need more information (as you said) to know when and from which retailers this will happen.

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WT_Smash
3DS FC
4597-0015-7814
Switch FC
SW-3650-7945-8401
This probably should go in the Hyrule Warriots thread, but I see it as more important than a simple post because I actually played the game at Nintendo World in New York just a few days ago. Here are my impressions of the game:

• First things first: Link, Zelda and Midna were unlocked when I played, so Sheik, Ganon and one other character are definately unlockable.
  • The game looks great.
  • You unlock weapons and gear and choose what to equip.
  • The main fun in playing the game is the visual pleasure of the action.
  • The missions are a bit complicated, this in not a game for kids.
  • Each character has a combo that is about 7-9 hits long and can be used by pressing the attack button, plus a special attack that you have to fill up a bar to use, and you fill up that bar by using your combo. I'm not sure you much ranged combat plays a role in the game.
Bottom line: the game is okay, but shows no real story elements or (at least in the demo) a multiplayer mode, so I'd have to see a highly more developed version of the game to push me over the edge into buying it.

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
The pre order DLC's are from Gamestop, Best Buy, and Amazon. Respectively giving Ocarina, Skyward Sword, and Twilight Princess. The Ganon DLC comes from registering it with Club Nintendo

the8thark

Smash Lord
The pre order DLC's are from Gamestop, Best Buy, and Amazon. Respectively giving Ocarina, Skyward Sword, and Twilight Princess. The Ganon DLC comes from registering it with Club Nintendo
Those 3 places for the pre-order DLC is correct for the US. But we were talking about Australia. And there has been no hard info about this for Australia yet.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
If it has not already stated Cia DLC is confirmed So is extra Character Scenario's and More So....
POSTMAN AND ASHEI FOR DLC OR RIOT!

the8thark

Smash Lord
Hyrule Warriors twitter icons and wallpaper
From Nintendo UK.

Who wants some #HyruleWarriors Twitter icons? Get 'em here along with some free wallpapers: http://ow.ly/BgMFI
12MB zip file with the following images inside.
  • HW_FacebookIcon1.jpg
  • HW_FacebookIcon2.jpg
  • HW_FacebookIcon3.jpg
  • HW_FacebookIcon4.jpg
  • HW_FacebookIcon5.jpg
  • HW_TwitterIcon1.jpg
  • HW_TwitterIcon2.jpg
  • HW_TwitterIcon3.jpg
  • HW_TwitterIcon4.jpg
  • HW_TwitterIcon5.jpg
  • HW_Wallpaper_AndroidPhone_960x854.jpg
  • HW_Wallpaper_iPhone5_640x1136.jpg
  • HW_Wallpaper1_Desktop_1280x1024.jpg
  • HW_Wallpaper1_Desktop_1920x1080.jpg
  • HW_Wallpaper1_Desktop_1920x1200.jpg
  • HW_Wallpaper2_Desktop_1280x1024.jpg
  • HW_Wallpaper2_Desktop_1920x1080.jpg
  • HW_Wallpaper2_Desktop_1920x1200.jpg
  • HW_Wallpaper3_Desktop_1280x1024.jpg
  • HW_Wallpaper3_Desktop_1920x1080.jpg

Source: https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/509355747768291328 (Nintendo UK twitter)

the8thark

Smash Lord
Hyrule Warriors DLC and Patch information

Patch Information
Koei Tecmo has released first screenshots of the newly revealed playable characters for Hyrule Warriors. As previously mentioned, Cia, Volga, and Wizzro will be added (plus the option to turn off cut-scenes in the menu). They’ll be going live for free in conjunction with a 1.3.0 update on September 30.

DLC Information

Hyrule Warriors Master Quest pack
  • Out on October 16
  • 1,200 yen
  • 1 new scenario
  • 1 new weapon
  • New Adventure Map
  • 2 costumes

Twilight Princess pack
  • Out in November
  • 1,200 yen
  • 1 new character
  • 1 new weapon
  • New Adventure Map
  • 2 new costumes

Majora’s Mask pack
  • Out in January
  • 1,200 yen
  • Two characters
  • New adventure map
  • 3 costumes

Ganon pack
  • Out in February
  • 500 yen
  • 2 new game modes

Koei Tecmo is offering a special promotion for Hyrule Warriors players. The four packs can be pre-ordered for only 3,000 yen. Dark Link will be available as soon as the content is reserved.

Here is what I think the DLC's will contain

• Ocarina pre-order costumes
  • Big Goron Sword possibly

Twilight Princess pack
  • Twilight Princess pre-order costumes
  • The weapon is possibly the Dominion Rod? Or maybe the Spinner, not really sure.
  • Honestly not sure who the character could be. Ashei would be a good choice I think.

Majora’s Mask pack
  • The weapons are possibly the Great fairy sword and/or the Razor/gold sword.
  • Two new Characters? Skull Kid for sure and the other? I think Kafei would be cool.
  • 3 costumes? This could be goron/deku scrub/Zora Link. Or it could be soemthing else like the Fierce Deity Link and 2 others.

Ganon pack
  1. No costumes? Maybe the pre-order bonus got Ganon is really limited to soon after the game is out and that's it.

Also there is no Skyward Sword pack. Which is a shame because the people who are not pre-ordering the Skyward Sword DLC might miss out and also it means there might be no Groose DLC. And we all want to let loose with the Groose. I wonder what the Western Prices for all the DLC will be and if we get bundle pricing for all of the DLC content as well.

Source:
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/zelda/update.html (in Japanese but still take a lot, lots of screenshots there and a ton of info for anyone who can read it)
http://nintendoeverything.com/hyrul...s-of-the-new-playable-characters-dlc-details/ (Some screenshots of the upcoming playable characters and info in English)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, are we finally getting Tingle as a character?

the8thark

Smash Lord
So, are we finally getting Tingle as a character?
Possibly in the Majora's Mask Pack. I say this as Japan seem to love Tingle. The West on the whole don't like him though. He doesn't seem manly enough to fight the evil hordes but shall see when the MM DLC pack is released.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Twilight Princess pack? I hope we get Midna's true form or something...
Well, there is one new character and one new weapon.
I personally think the new character is Ashei. It would be awesome if she uses her broadsword and the Ball and Chain, and summons Yeto. Or Shad could be playable, using the Dominion Rod to summon statues and fly across the battlefield holding an Ooccoo.

As for the weapon, I think it's Midna's True Form.
After all, the Shackle that supposedly keeps Midna as an imp is her "weapon". I imagine her new weapon has some name like "True Power" or something.

Last edited:

PotatoMashedDee

Smash Cadet
entire plot: Cia can't control her own damn hormones

I surprised that people really enjoyed this game, as i see before the release people... especially that western circle jerk ******** about this game... And now this is is GOOD. Good job Omega Force, you did a good work.

Whoa there is more DLC in HW? even i was a Dynasty Warriors that know KOEITecmo always come with many DLCs, bt still a surprise...

so there will a chances of Tingle in this game... Unpopular opinion, i love him since he is funny and basically the meme of Zelda universe... I CAN IMAGINE HE SLAYING THE OPPONENTS WITH THIS REALISTIC WARRIOR SERIES MODEL... OH MY GOD

No Groose DLC... very sad much despair wow...

PLEASE DON'T FIX THIS GLITCH THIS IS THE BEST WIIU GLITCH EVER

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
entire plot: Cia can't control her own damn hormones

I surprised that people really enjoyed this game, as i see before the release people... especially that western circle jerk *****ing about this game... And now this is is GOOD. Good job Omega Force, you did a good work.

Whoa there is more DLC in HW? even i was a Dynasty Warriors that know KOEITecmo always come with many DLCs, bt still a surprise...

so there will a chances of Tingle in this game... Unpopular opinion, i love him since he is funny and basically the meme of Zelda universe... I CAN IMAGINE HE SLAYING THE OPPONENTS WITH THIS REALISTIC WARRIOR SERIES MODEL... OH MY GOD

No Groose DLC... very sad much despair wow...
No Groose I agree is a little sad. But I think there is a chance they will announce what is in the DLC when it's put up on the online shop to pre-purchase.

And it's cool if you can't control your emotions. The game does look cool and I am sooooo looking forward it too. I'm with you on that.

PotatoMashedDee

Smash Cadet
No Groose I agree is a little sad. But I think there is a chance they will announce what is in the DLC when it's put up on the online shop to pre-purchase.

And it's cool if you can't control your emotions. The game does look cool and I am sooooo looking forward it too. I'm with you on that.
of course there will be MORE DLC, y'know, Koei Tecmo

yes this game IS COOL AS HECK. Seriously, as a fan of Dynasty Warriors, this game is more or better than any Warriors series, of course since it's Zelda. Probably the most fun Omega Force game in my opinion

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Majora's Mask DLC... Oh man, my e-peens is Skyward. I really hope Skull Kid is included in there. I won't get my hopes up though, since the amount in which Nintendo simply ignores him (one of the more fleshed out Zelda characters in my honest opinion due to Majora's Mask) really annoys me.

In reality, we'll probably get Majora's Mask Link and Tingle or something.

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
of course there will be MORE DLC, y'know, Koei Tecmo

yes this game IS COOL AS HECK. Seriously, as a fan of Dynasty Warriors, this game is more or better than any Warriors series, of course since it's Zelda. Probably the most fun Omega Force game in my opinion
I've never played any Dynasty Warriors games. But I have played Mystic Heroes (for Gamecube) which has the exact same gameplay as Hyrule Warriors. I really loved Mystic Heroes. So I know what to expect here. Koei Tecmo made Mystic Heroes too I believe.

Now you know where I am coming from. And I have to say this game does look darn amazing.
I am glad there is at least one other person (you) who understands this game for what it is (and not just a random mashup of LOZ and DW) like others are saying. So thank you.

Majora's Mask DLC... Oh man, my e-peens is Skyward. I really hope Skull Kid is included in there. I won't get my hopes up though, since the amount in which Nintendo simply ignores him (one of the more fleshed out Zelda characters in my honest opinion due to Majora's Mask) really annoys me.

In reality, we'll probably get Majora's Mask Link and Tingle or something.
No SS is pretty unfortunate as everyone wants to set the Groose loose. But I think skull kid or Kafei for MM would be cool too.

Last edited:

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Yeah, it's too bad that this game receives so much negativity when it hasn't even arrived yet. People really need to learn the different between a spin-off and canon games. It's not so bad here in the Smash community since Smash is more or less the ultimate spin-off, but go to YouTube and anywhere else, and this game only seems to get bashed (with XBone and PS4 trolls perched ready for anyone to try and defend it). Looks pretty amazing from the footage I've seen. The way they toned down Dynasty Warriors' "hack 'n slash" with Zelda's strategic fighting and vast exploration seems golden. Although I'm trying not to watch too much of it so that I get to experience it on my own; I've seen enough for it to be a day 1 purchase for me though. :)

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
Do you all care if I post scans of the game box and instruction booklet and things here when I get them on Saturday? Or should I wait till you all have them on the US release date first?

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Do you all care if I post scans of the game box and instruction booklet and things here when I get them on Saturday? Or should I wait till you all have them on the US release date first?
It'll get out no matter what's done. Maybe just put them in spoilers for the time being? :)

♫ Zura ♫

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KatsuraRapYo
3DS FC
4914-3426-2583
I personally don't mind, I mean the games been out in Japan for what like over a month already?
People have seen more than just a box & instruction booklet lol.

the8thark

Smash Lord
It'll get out no matter what's done. Maybe just put them in spoilers for the time being? :)
I'll use the spoiler tags. Thanks for the tip.

I personally don't mind, I mean the games been out in Japan for what like over a month already?
People have seen more than just a box & instruction booklet lol.
True but apart from early review copy leaks, everything of what we've seen is the Japanese version. Some people might appreciate the English version pictures.

♫ Zura ♫

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KatsuraRapYo
3DS FC
4914-3426-2583
True but apart from early review copy leaks, everything of what we've seen is the Japanese version. Some people might appreciate the English version pictures.
Also true, well just make it as a spoiler, and whoever wants to click it, clicks it. I don't mind one bit :laugh:V
I'll just hold on until next Friday, I already have my copy fully paid off, and im keeping busy with the Smash 4 Demo or MK8.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
for some reason my updates don't tell me when something new has been happening in this thread recently for some reason, but I'm back

So in regards to how each pack has a weapon, pretty sure that's a moveset, so ya Midna's true form is quite possible through that

Now in regards to the characters, ya I agree Skull Kid is definitely happening, however I don't see any other form of Link happening because it could either be a costume or a moveset

Personally I hope they take the riskier choice and do a Deku Rep like the Deku Princess or butler, but the Happy Mask Salesman or Romani would be good for me

And yeah for TP one of the freedom fighters is good for me

I guess we'll know on Oct 16, since that's when the packs go live for purchase, and Cia, Volga, and Wizzro become playable too

though another theory I've heard is that the characters may not actually be linked to the theme of the pack... personally I'm still hoping for Groose, Saria, Nabooru, and Twinrova(we need a female villain for goodness sake) would be great, but I do have a feeling we may have a couple individual DLC's and a second wave next year

R0Y

Smash Master
Yeah that'd be pretty cool in spoiler tags.

Don't expect a proper physical manual though. If it's anything like the Japanese one, it'll be similar to the controller guide with MK8, though maybe with the front cover on the back of one side. Better than nothing at all at least.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
You guys, looking at this, just like you guys, I overlooked somethat I just noticed that is awesome
– Out on October 16
– 1,200 yen
– 1 new scenario
– 1 new weapon
– New Adventure Map
– 2 costumes
Twilight Princess pack
– Out in November
– 1,200 yen
– 1 new character
– 1 new weapon
– New Adventure Map
– 2 new costumes
Majora’s Mask pack
– Out in January
– 1,200 yen
– Two characters
– New adventure map
– 3 costumes
Ganon pack
– Out in February
– 500 yen
– 2 new game modes
Koei Tecmo is offering a special promotion for Hyrule Warriors players. The four packs can be pre-ordered for only 3,000 yen. Dark Link will be available as soon as the content is reserved.
We are getting 3 Adventure maps, now mind you like you guys that registered as a battlefield map, but its not in Hyrule Warriors an adventure map is THIS

We are getting THREE MORE OF THOSE, perhaps a tad smaller, however each one also involves several new characters(3->2->1), and then that means we are getting at least one new battlefield with each adventure map, if not more
Then in further conjecture, as of yet with the exception of Shiek and Zelda with the exception of spoiler protectors we have not had multiples of each character, but in some cases weapons can result in drasticly different characters(like Link's final hidden one), so if we do get a form of Fierce Diety Link, Hero's Shade or young link they will either be weapons or simply outfits(heck dark link is an outfit)
So with the DLC characters I expect them to be unique characters(however Midna's true form weapon would be sick)
Also the new 'Scenario" is a new story mode, so there's a decent chance we'll be getting the original villains true backstories after all

the8thark

Smash Lord
Yeah that'd be pretty cool in spoiler tags.

Don't expect a proper physical manual though. If it's anything like the Japanese one, it'll be similar to the controller guide with MK8, though maybe with the front cover on the back of one side. Better than nothing at all at least.
I am aware of this, still nice to say so everyone knows. The days of good printed game manuals with the games is over. I remember some NES games had amazing ones. The Gamecube still had decent ones. But the Wii ones were pretty slim and the WiiU ones are just 1-2 pages at most. It's not just Nintendo either. The PC games are going this route as well.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
You guys, looking at this, just like you guys, I overlooked somethat I just noticed that is awesome

We are getting 3 Adventure maps, now mind you like you guys that registered as a battlefield map, but its not in Hyrule Warriors an adventure map is THIS

We are getting THREE MORE OF THOSE, perhaps a tad smaller, however each one also involves several new characters(3->2->1), and then that means we are getting at least one new battlefield with each adventure map, if not more
Then in further conjecture, as of yet with the exception of Shiek and Zelda with the exception of spoiler protectors we have not had multiples of each character, but in some cases weapons can result in drasticly different characters(like Link's final hidden one), so if we do get a form of Fierce Diety Link, Hero's Shade or young link they will either be weapons or simply outfits(heck dark link is an outfit)
So with the DLC characters I expect them to be unique characters(however Midna's true form weapon would be sick)
Also the new 'Scenario" is a new story mode, so there's a decent chance we'll be getting the original villains true backstories after all
Are you sure?
From what I've seen, the Adventure mode map is quite meaty. As large as these DLC packs are, would they seriously contain this much...stuff?

the8thark

Smash Lord
Are you sure?
From what I've seen, the Adventure mode map is quite meaty. As large as these DLC packs are, would they seriously contain this much...stuff?
It's very possible. The Mario Kart 8 DLC are pretty jam packed. And there's no reason to say the Hyrule Warriors DLC won't be just as jam packed.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Nintendo has just confirmed via Twitter that the DLC packs will be coming to North America. No official date was given, but the price will be $20 USD for the four-pack, which will give you a free Dark Link as an incentive.
Speaking of Groose...

Let the religious ceremony commence!

Last edited:

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
In Australia the combined DLC packs will cost $19.50. (I don't think NofOz has publicly announced that yet)

Source: Import stores don't keep release dates very well ;)

As suggested above there is only a leaflet explaining the controls and a health and safety handout. Note much else to note. Even the patch notes have Zelda references.

Top Bottom