• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Hyrule Warriors

the8thark

Smash Lord
In Australia the combined DLC packs will cost $19.50. (I don't think NofOz has publicly announced that yet)

Source: Import stores don't keep release dates very well ;)

As suggested above there is only a leaflet explaining the controls and a health and safety handout. Note much else to note. Even the patch notes have Zelda references.
Thanks for the info. A shame the import stores break the street dates. But it is what it is. I'll still scan them in later today though.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I bought this game today. It's really good.

This, MK8, and Smash are going to last a long, long time, what with all of the DLC and stuff.

finalark

SNORLAX
Well, the review have been rolling in and it's been pretty mixed so far. Which is completely what I expected given that this is a Dynasty Warriors game and chances are if you didn't like the other ones you won't like this one.

I'm really pumped to play this, but I doubt I'll be a day one buyer. I have too many other games to play first.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, the review have been rolling in and it's been pretty mixed so far. Which is completely what I expected given that this is a Dynasty Warriors game and chances are if you didn't like the other ones you won't like this one.
I'm really pumped to play this, but I doubt I'll be a day one buyer. I have too many other games to play first.
Really? I've heard it's good on average, 74/100 from Metacritic so far is not terrible. Besides, critic reviews are irrelevant to anything, the only reason AAA titles gets perfect scores is because there's advertising and bribing involved.

R0Y

Smash Master
Really? I've heard it's good on average, 74/100 from Metacritic so far is not terrible. Besides, critic reviews are irrelevant to anything, the only reason AAA titles gets perfect scores is because there's advertising and bribing involved.
Let's not go crazy now... Not every triple A game is a boring COD clone (it was cool the first few times.) It may not be original but stuff like TLOU and Smash is damn good.

That's right, Smash. Bandai Namco, a company no strange to triple A, working on it with hundreds of people, and an outside CG studio contracted to make a second batch of perfect 3D models (as opposed to the in-game renders) and newcomer videos once again. No expense was spared. MK8 is debatable but this is basically a triple A production in every sense of the word. It's not particularly unique either.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Let's not go crazy now... Not every triple A game is a boring COD clone (it was cool the first few times.) It may not be original but stuff like TLOU and Smash is damn good.
That's right, Smash. Bandai Namco, a company no strange to triple A, working on it with hundreds of people, and an outside CG studio contracted to make a second batch of perfect 3D models (as opposed to the in-game renders) and newcomer videos once again. No expense was spared. MK8 is debatable but this is basically a triple A production in every sense of the word. It's not particularly unique either.
I was making a satirical statement. Not every game is deserving of 9's and 10's.
Of course I wasn't referring to anything Naughty Dog makes.
EDIT: Especially The Last of Us. I love that game.

Last edited:

Shog

Smash Ace
Folks, I am unsure if I should buy this game. I enjoyed the 3ds eh...how is this series called again? Even if there were to many japanese folkore and names so I couldn't comprehend it at first.

Is this worth it for someone who enjoyed this genre?

R0Y

Smash Master
Folks, I am unsure if I should buy this game. I enjoyed the 3ds eh...how is this series called again? Even if there were to many japanese folkore and names so I couldn't comprehend it at first.

Is this worth it for someone who enjoyed this genre?
If you enjoy the genre, absolutely. Apparently it's the most polished Warriors game ever or close to it. A lot of people getting the game, including me, are just getting it because of the Zelda fanservice and branding, I've never played a Warriors title.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
If you enjoy the genre, absolutely. Apparently it's the most polished Warriors game ever or close to it. A lot of people getting the game, including me, are just getting it because of the Zelda fanservice and branding, I've never played a Warriors title.
I've never played a Warriors games, which is actually a great thing because it means I won't be sick of playing Dynasty Warriors.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

This, MK8, and Smash are going to last a long, long time, what with all of the DLC and stuff.

And I do think it is the best Warriors game yet, definitely out of the ones I've played.

I've played it for over 7 hours straight already.

Shog

Smash Ace
Hmm, I have money to spare working and stuff, but the good thing about games is you don't have to buy them asap :) I will sleep over it to buy it.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
And I do think it is the best Warriors game yet, definitely out of the ones I've played.
I've played it for over 7 hours straight already.
Stop taunting me...:(

Last edited:

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
There are probably going to be scads of DLC for this game, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Skull Kid and Tingle (probably) are coming soon, and hopefully, the other three sages (Saria, Nabooru, and Rauru), Groose, and Medli will follow.

finalark

SNORLAX
Hmm, I have money to spare working and stuff, but the good thing about games is you don't have to buy them asap :) I will sleep over it to buy it.
Unless its one of those games like Xenoblade where it gets a short print. Or like Valkyrie Profile where the game doesn't sell well at launch but gets a cult following and the next thing you know copies run for $40+.

Although I don't think Hyrule Warriors will be either of those.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Trying to decide which pre-order bonus I should go for.

Ocarina of Time is probably my least favorite of all of them. Link's model looks weird.

TP looks eh as well. Not that I don't enjoy dark/grittier stuff, but I like brighter colors/artstyle of HW. Plus I swore I'd never get anything through Amazon again after I worked there a few years ago.

Not the biggest fan of Best Buy, since I work next to a call center for it, but I think the main seller for me is what's probably the most "unique" Zelda model. Totally not bias or anything even though I'll probably end up maining Fi.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Trying to decide which pre-order bonus I should go for.
Ocarina of Time is probably my least favorite of all of them. Link's model looks weird.
TP looks eh as well. Not that I don't enjoy dark/grittier stuff, but I like brighter colors/artstyle of HW. Plus I swore I'd never get anything through Amazon again after I worked there a few years ago.
Not the biggest fan of Best Buy, since I work next to a call center for it, but I think the main seller for me is what's probably the most "unique" Zelda model. Totally not bias or anything even though I'll probably end up maining Fi.
All of costumes, especially the ones from Ocarina of Time, look really wonky in my opinion.
Except for the Twilight Princess ones. They're just ugly. And that is coming from a huge Twilight Princess fan.

The exception to all of this Zelda's Twilight Princess look.
Now if only there were something to replace all the female character's sexual provocative mannerisms/voices.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
You mean if only there was a way to make this not a Musou/Dynasty Warriors/Tecmo Koei game?
I know, it's just...ugh. That sigh at the end of every laugh, that short, high pitched laugh.
Good thing I'm only playing as Midna and Ghirahim.

Midna doesn't laugh like that and at least Ghirahim does it on purpose.

R0Y

Smash Master
I am aware of this, still nice to say so everyone knows. The days of good printed game manuals with the games is over. I remember some NES games had amazing ones. The Gamecube still had decent ones. But the Wii ones were pretty slim and the WiiU ones are just 1-2 pages at most. It's not just Nintendo either. The PC games are going this route as well.
I take this back somewhat, apparently Hyrule Warriors comes with a stapled manual, at least in the EU. Nintendo is still the best for collectors.

Someone on Twitter has a copy for the Americas already. Can't tell if stapled or a leaflet.

I think I see Club Nintendo info in the recycle logo cut-out area, lol. Nintendo switched to that for 3DS to cut costs, guess Wii U gets it as well.

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
I'm pretty sure that's an NA box given that it's using the ESRB rating and has English, French and Spanish on it, the languages of the only three countries on the continent.

R0Y

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure that's an NA box given that it's using the ESRB rating and has English, French and Spanish on it, the languages of the only three countries on the continent.
Yeah I looked over it again and realized it was a very early copy for the Americas. Spanish speaker, probably in Mexico or the Southern US.

Does that look stapled to you? I can't tell.

Definitely a CN print-out on the back of the cover though. NOA cutting costs, ah well.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Honestly, when it comes to the DLC, what I want is Groose, Saria, Nabooru, Twinrova, and I wouldn't mind any of the freedom fighters from TP, especially whatshername...

Now in Regards to Hero's Shade, Fierce Diety link, or even a young link, there is no reason the first two couldn't be costumes, and the latter an alternate weapon, HOWEVER I'm pretty sure the new movesets are going to be for anyone BUT Link as he already has a ton of movesets. On the other hand Midna needs one for her true form that appears to have been scrapped at the last minute, and Princess Ruto could have one based off whats his name from MM, or Darunia could have a wrestling moveset

finalark

SNORLAX
Yeah I looked over it again and realized it was a very early copy for the Americas. Spanish speaker, probably in Mexico or the Southern US.
I don't know if you're from NA, but over here most companies just print one box and then send it to every country. Which is why you'll see three languages crammed into manuals and onto the back of the box. So far all we know this guy could be from Canada, the US or Mexico.

Does that look stapled to you? I can't tell.
Looks like a very small booklet to me. I'm not expecting much from that though. I haven't had a glorious manual in years.

R0Y

Smash Master
I don't know if you're from NA, but over here most companies just print one box and then send it to every country. Which is why you'll see three languages crammed into manuals and onto the back of the box. So far all we know this guy could be from Canada, the US or Mexico.

Looks like a very small booklet to me. I'm not expecting much from that though. I haven't had a glorious manual in years.
Nah, I saw his tweet. Up here in Canada we don't have a lot of Spanish-speakers so that rarely shows up on our games. A few 3rd party releases. Our manuals are the same but the covers here say the ESRB rating in both English and French, and 3DS game covers have a big "Playable in FR" logo on them, but not Wii U for some reason. Backs usually just English and French too. I think only the manuals are the same.

Anyways, I'm hopeful for Smash U now!

Last edited:

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Nah, I saw his tweet. Up here in Canada we don't have a lot of Spanish-speakers so that rarely shows up on our games. A few 3rd party releases. Our manuals are the same but the covers here say the ESRB rating in both English and French, and 3DS game covers have a big "Playable in FR" logo on them, but not Wii U for some reason. Backs usually just English and French too. I think only the manuals are the same.

Anyways, I'm hopeful for Smash U now!
^^ This

The only real emphasis is English and French here, so that individual is most likely from somewhere in the States or South America. Looks good though, I hope it has at least a few pictures in it, but I'm pretty sure it'll just be a few pages discussing parental crap and the warnings about seizures and whatnot, lol.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just beat Legend Mode (the story mode).

.....After seeing the stuff I unlocked for doing so, and adding it up with all of the other stuff like Adventure Mode and Challenge Mode, as well as the DLC.....yeah, this games is a completionist's nightmare/heaven. They weren't lying when they said "it'll hold Zelda fans over until Zelda Wii U".

R0Y

Smash Master
^^ This

The only real emphasis is English and French here, so that individual is most likely from somewhere in the States or South America. Looks good though, I hope it has at least a few pictures in it, but I'm pretty sure it'll just be a few pages discussing parental crap and the warnings about seizures and whatnot, lol.
Now that I think of it, "Instruction Booklet" doesn't show up for the one page foldouts on 3DS or Wii U like MK8. Whatever it is it's a traditional stapled booklet, full colour of course and tall to fit in a DVD-sized case. I'm very pleased with Nintendo, even though I bet there's only a little art with a control scheme. Can't complain in 2014. Very nice.

Get used to taking the front cover out to view your CN code btw, now on the back of that. You can sort of see it in this shot by the recycle logo. Saves Nintendo a little bit I guess, and no complaints from me because I got the insert I wanted! I never did throw away those inserts anyway...they had a tiny bit of free printed art on the back so I just flipped them.

This makes me cautiously optimistic that Smash U will have some instruction booklet. Nintendo doesn't play that game on 3DS though.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I just wanted it to hold me over until Smash 3DS.
Though I'm the type of completionist that usually thinks a week is more than enough time.
I just wish Hyrule Warriors came out after Smash 3DS.
That way, when I walk away from Smash Bros, sobbing Ghirahim is not playable, I can immediately drown said sorrows into Hyrule Warriors.

R0Y

Smash Master
I just wish Hyrule Warriors came out after Smash 3DS.
That way, when I walk away from Smash Bros, sobbing Ghirahim is not playable, I can immediately drown said sorrows into Hyrule Warriors.
It's already delayed enough as it is :p

the8thark

Smash Lord
I take this back somewhat, apparently Hyrule Warriors comes with a stapled manual, at least in the EU. Nintendo is still the best for collectors.
Next time use spoiler tags thanks, it's just considerate to everyone.

Here is all of the Limited Edition scanned/photographed for your viewing pleasure. This is the Australian set that I own now.
Click the images inside the spoiler tags for the full sized version. They are in spoiler tags so people who don't want to see them can still visit this topic.

Photo of both boxes and scarf in the bag in came in.

Photo of the Australian WiiU shop and the WiiU DLC with pricing

Limited Edition Box - Front

Limited Edition Box - Back

Limited Edition Box - Left

Limited Edition Box - Right

Limited Edition Box - Bottom

Limited Edition Box - Top

Game Box - Front

Game Box - Back

Game Disc

Instruction Page - Outside

Instruction Page - Inside

Scarf Instructions - Front

Scarf Instructions - Back

Nintendo Club Card (My code removed in Photoshop) - Outside

Nintendo Club Card - Inside

Warranty Information - Front

Warranty Information - Back

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
Next time use spoiler tags thanks, it's just considerate to everyone.

Here is all of the Limited Edition scanned/photographed for your viewing pleasure. This is the Australian set that I own now.
Click the images inside the spoiler tags for the full sized version. They are in spoiler tags so people who don't want to see them can still visit this topic.

Photo of both boxes and scarf in the bag in came in.

Photo of the Australian WiiU shop and the WiiU DLC with pricing

Limited Edition Box - Front

Limited Edition Box - Back

Limited Edition Box - Left

Limited Edition Box - Right

Limited Edition Box - Bottom

Limited Edition Box - Top

Game Box - Front

Game Box - Back

Game Disc

Instruction Page - Outside

Instruction Page - Inside

Scarf Instructions - Front

Scarf Instructions - Back

Nintendo Club Card (My code removed in Photoshop) - Outside

Nintendo Club Card - Inside

Warranty Information - Front

Warranty Information - Back
Sorry, fixed. Didn't think of it.

Nice! Thanks a ton for all the pics. I love this kind of stuff!

I guess Australia doesn't get/need a stapled booklet because one language?

Scarf for Australia, eh? I bet it'll be kept in mint condition ;)

Just for interest's sake, you get 2 more inserts than us. CN is now printed on the back of the case here (we use eco-cases with lots of holes.) No fancy voucher. Do you guys have these holes?

Precautions would be in the Instruction booklet here. So Wii U games outside of the Americas have a blue spine? Not sure I like that colour for that, I prefer the white backdrop personally.

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
Sorry, fixed. Didn't think of it.

Nice! Thanks a ton for all the pics. I love this kind of stuff!

I guess Australia doesn't get/need a stapled booklet because one language?

Scarf for Australia, eh? I bet it'll be kept in mint condition ;)

Just for interest's sake, you get 2 more inserts than us. CN is now printed on the back of the case here (we use eco-cases with lots of holes.) No fancy voucher. Do you guys have these holes?Precautions would be in the Instruction booklet here. So Wii U games outside of the Americas have a blue spine? Not sure I like that colour for that, I prefer the white backdrop personally.
Yes we have the blue spines and holes in the case as well just like you.
Yep mint condition, you get it totally :)

Patongi

Smash Rookie
NNID
Patongi
Went to local mall yesterday and decided to check if Gamestop had copies left, they had one and I bought it
Never really played Dynasty Warriors games nor am I huge fan of Zelda games.

Played for hours yesterday (soon finished with Legend Mode (story mode) and I can say that the game is really fun and it will take some time to unlock everything. Difficulty really doesn't come from the combat, but more of the "commanding the battlefield" aspect of capturing enemy keeps and areas, and defending your own bases.

Tried Challenge Mode couple times, was a bit tough atleast for me.
Adventure Mode is a fun addition of little challenges with their own rewards (You can unlock 4(?) characters from Adventure Mode). Glad to see more Adventure Mode maps coming in DLC.

Combat is repetitive, but other characters and new weapons really add some flavour. DLC Season Pass for 15€ is what I consider to be cheap for the amount of stuff we get.

This game will sure hold my interest till I get my copy of Smash 4 Wii U.

Sheik#1

the8thark

Smash Lord
Does anyone know how to unlock the pre-order costumes we got? I got the Ocarina one and so far have not worked out how to do it.
Does anyone know how we do this? I didn't get any codes for this.

Last edited:

Shog

Smash Ace
SO I just bought the game, let's see if the Dynasty Warrior Series is a good as I remember for 3DS, and even better for Wii U :3

R0Y

Smash Master
Does anyone know how to unlock the pre-order costumes we got? I got the Ocarina one and so far have not worked out how to do it.
Does anyone know how we do this? I didn't get any codes for this.
You should have gotten an e-mail with the code from who you pre-ordered from. Or a slip of paper when you picked it up. Very strange. Someone messed up I think. Then it would just be entered on the eShop "Redeem Code" area and you're done.

The Ganondorf one you just register it on CN, then enter the code to the eShop redeem area like the others.

the8thark

Smash Lord
You should have gotten an e-mail with the code from who you pre-ordered from. Or a slip of paper when you picked it up. Very strange. Someone messed up I think. Then it would just be entered on the eShop "Redeem Code" area and you're done.

The Ganondorf one you just register it on CN, then enter the code to the eShop redeem area like the others.
The Ganon code worked just as you said it should. No issues there. The Other DLC though, well yeah I am waiting for a reply from EB games about that. I think someone messed up too.

Top Bottom