• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Hyrule Warriors

domokl

Smash Lord
so whos gonna be watching the nico nico stream with myiamoto soon?

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
It's happening now. I was watching it, but Niconico kicked me for not being a Premium member. Guess I'll have to wait til tomorrow to find out what was announced. I was about 20 minutes in, and they hadn't shown anything new.

domokl

Smash Lord
how do you get in the stream im on the page but theres no link to the stream.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
You have to make an account for the actual stream to show up. Like I said before, though, it'll lock you out for not being a Premium (paying) member after a time. I'd really recommend just waiting it out at this point. We'll know soon enough.

domokl

Smash Lord
You have to make an account for the actual stream to show up. Like I said before, though, it'll lock you out for not being a Premium (paying) member after a time. I'd really recommend just waiting it out at this point. We'll know soon enough.
yeah im on a gamefaqs thread full of people reacting to the stream so im sticking with that.

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
I think they will reveal the villains as playable (possible exceptions to The Imprisoned, Argorok and Gohma), finally stop pretending there was ever doubt over Ganondorf, and reveal the Western collectors edition details.

I think Twinrova will also be a playable villain.
Nabooru will defiantly be in (Team Ninja need another fan-service character and she already dresses for the part). Groose is by far the most likely unannounced character IMO (need 2nd SS rep).
Malon being in with a cucco based moveset would be the single most epic thing ever, and actually seems reasonably likely at this point. Lon Lon Ranch couldl be the stage with lots of cuccos they talked about when Aonuma did that weird cucco dance thing.

I'll leave my predictions there before I get too carried away. There may be more playable characters, but I don't want to let my expectations skyrocket to some ridiculous level.

Oh and Miiverse will have a riot when Ganondorf isn't confirmed for Smash (Saved for release date, like all the other vets), but that's so obvious its not really a prediction.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
My favorite parts of the direct were 1. Chain Chomp weapon, 2. Playable Girahim (maining btw) and 3. that new mode

Was still hoping for Groose though

Last edited:

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Overall, pretty good stuff heading our way (dat Ganondorf). Can't wait to play it on 26th of next month.

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Playable Ghirahim!
Also, GANONDORF. This has got to be the most badass looking version of him yet. I'm feeling a nice mix of OOT (red, long hair) and TP (facial features, armor).

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Playable Ghirahim!
Also, GANONDORF. This has got to be the most badass looking version of him yet. I'm feeling a nice mix of OOT (red, long hair) and TP (facial features, armor).
For a second there, he almost looked like a samurai warlord in the Feudal Era in Japan. Pretty badass stuff going on in this game indeed.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
For a second there, he almost looked like a samurai warlord in the Feudal Era in Japan. Pretty badass stuff going on in this game indeed.
I agree, I get that kind of imposing vibe.
Now, what could be his weapons?
I was thinking "Fists", " Trident" and "Dual Katanas", although I'm unsure with the last one now since KT gave him two great swords lol.

domokl

Smash Lord
cucco captain is best captain. also villians being playable is so awesome man. maining girahim.

domokl

Smash Lord
imwondered if we have seen the whole playable roster at this point. koei techmo never does secret characters so famitsu has to reveal the unreavelead heroes at this point. the heroes side of the website seems to hint at 5 more. while manhalda and ganondorf will take up the two remaing spaces on the villians side.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ganon looks really cool. Probably one of his better designs too. It just screams badassery. This game is looking better and better by the minute. Though I'm not the biggest Zelda or Dynasty Warriors fan around. I'm glad Zant is also playable, I was always alright with that guy.

I do hope the enemies will be more of a challenge than the Dynasty Warriors series. That was sort of my main issue with them. Enemies just stand around waiting to get beat. But more major enemies seem more challenging. So that's a start.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I wonder if there will be alternate looks for any other characters.

Especially Impa who could have her Skyward Sword and Ocarnia looks as well.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm actually most interested in what Ghirahim and Zant's other weapon styles will be if they have additional ones. I wouldn't have guessed the Naginata for Impa, so I'll leave it to KT for this one!

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Am I the only one who really wants one of Ganondorf's unlockable weapons to be either the Fishing Rod or Butterfly/Bug catching Net?
Wait, why would he have those? Did he use them in one of the games?

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Am I the only one who really wants one of Ganondorf's unlockable weapons to be either the Fishing Rod or Butterfly/Bug catching Net?
Or both at the same time as his joke weapon :p

I somehow want one of Fi's joke weapons to be her using Navi instead of herself. Don't ask me how that would work.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Say you guys, what do you think of this idea, what if Nabooru showed up with silver Gauntlets and battle axe as a moveset as a homage to her boss battle in OoT? and Iron knuckles as an alt would be the cherry on top
actually for that matter she doesn't even need the Gauntlets, she handled the axe without them in OoT, so what about the Battle axe as a weapon?

For that matter anyone else have characters from OoT/TP/SS they're hoping will show up and possible weapons?

Also look at what got translated, some new info from the recent Famitsu
http://nintendoeverything.com/new-h...s-cover-the-latest-stage-reveals/#more-168769

New Hyrule Warriors details cover the latest stage reveals
Posted under News, Wii U
August 7, 2014 by Brian (@NE_Brian)

This week’s issue of Famitsu has another update on Hyrule Warriors. While Monday’s Hyrule Warriors Direct beat the magazine to the punch with new character reveals, there is an update on some other portions of the game such as stages. The official website provides more information as well.
There are three stages detailed this week worth mentioning: Gerudo Desert, Temple of the Sacred Sword, and Palace of the Mind. Each is an original stage for Hyrule Warriors, though they share the atmosphere of Zelda games. For instance, Twilight Princess has the Gerudo Desert, and the Temple of the Sacred Sword is a close image of the Lost Woods in A Link to the Past.
Gerudo Desert is located in the eastern part of Hyrule, in front of Death Valley. In the desert there is the Gerudo Tribe’s village, but it has turned more into a home for monsters.
At the Hyrule’s west end, there was once a beautiful city that has now turned into ruin. In those old ruins lies the Temple of the Sacred Sword where it seems like time has stopped. Link pulls out the Master Sword here which only heroes can wield. The sword soon starts to shine, almost like a sign of recognition.
The Palace of the Mind exists in a different space and suddenly appeared in this world. In the garden, there are roses that bloom in profusion with an eerie color regardless of the season. Strangely twisted trees with a tentacle-esque shape also grow here.
The palace itself has open holes which are connected to a deep abyss of a mysterious space. Some structures of the palace are also twisted. People who are present near the abyss holes will feel anxiety emerge from the bottom of their hearts.
It is implied, but not confirmed, that the palace isn’t real. Rather, it seems to be someone’s mental world that has taken the form of a building and it is realized in another space. The mind of the “palace owner” is riddled with obsession, hatred and jealousy, which in turn has given rise to the twisted madness that reigns him/her.
Famitsu has a couple of story bits as well. In the game, Ganondorf calls back both Zant and Ghirahim, who swear to obey him. The magazine also confirms that Link, Zelda, Sheik, Impa and Ganondorf are from the Hyrule Warriors universe and not from other Zelda universes.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
For those interested, all of the DLC Costume Sets have had their Retailers Revealed for Pre-Orders.
GameStop: Ocarina of Time Set
Amazon: Twilight Princess Set
Best Buy: Skyward Sword Set

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Anywhere in Europe: Nada!

:(
Yeah..but Europe is getting the Special Edition of Hyrule Warriors that comes with Link's Scarf, which it seems we won't be getting in the West at all, while the DLC Costumes will surely be available everywhere on the eShop at some point.

HappyW@nderer

Smash Cadet
For those interested, all of the DLC Costume Sets have had their Retailers Revealed for Pre-Orders.
GameStop: Ocarina of Time Set
Amazon: Twilight Princess Set
Best Buy: Skyward Sword Set
I thought we would get all three. So we're only getting certain DLC depending on where we preordered the game? Oh well, I was kinda hoping we would get all the costumes bundled in one.

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
Anywhere in Europe: Nada!

:(
Its been confirmed for Europe, and while I don't know much about European shopping, I would assume it would be a lot more difficult to find 3 retailers for every country in Europe than it would be in North America, hence the delay in announcing it.

Looks like Australia could be getting the best deal here, as the DLC is confirmed here, but I don't think we have 3 nation-wide retailers who still buy from Nintendo of Australia - its so much cheaper to import from Europe (yes, you read that last bit correctly). So all three at EB Games (Gamestop) then, most likely.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I thought we would get all three. So we're only getting certain DLC depending on where we preordered the game? Oh well, I was kinda hoping we would get all the costumes bundled in one.
I pretty much figured we'd only get 1 per Retailer because they directly referred to them each as 'Sets' as well as not including the Ganondorf DLC Set.

But yes, you get 1 Set of Costumes for Link & Zelda based upon where you pre-order while anyone who registers the game on Club Nintendo between Sept. 26th and Octorber 23rd get the Ganondorf set (Ocarina of Time & Twilight Princess).

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Just to throw it out there, I'm sure all of the sets will be available as paid DLC after the game releases. You get certain sets for free as a pre-order bonus, but it's not like you'll completely miss out on the others. I'll be shocked if that truly is the case.

Top Bottom