• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Hyrule Hangout - Sheik Social

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
What the hell happened to your name?

AFTER ALL THAT WORK I DID FOR YOU!!!! ~
I just felt like switching back, at least for now. I may alternate here and there. Mostly, though, since I'm WondrousMoose almost everywhere else, I like to keep it consistent.
oh hai thanks btw

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Shaya, you would get to be Anna! I'm stuck with boring MALE Robin? :(

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
I posted this in the wrong place at first, so if you're seeing it twice, that's why.

Hey everyone, just a little something before I get to bed.

It's been pretty gloomy around here since the patch. We initially freaked out, and then some of us decided to rise up and face our new challenges. I really appreciate that, but I feel that even that has died down recently. Sheik was probably the best character in the game, but she's had some of her best options removed. It hurts a lot, but it's the way it is. Is she bad now, though? Absolutely not.

While there haven't been many big tournaments since the most recent patch, we've still seen her do pretty well (I wish I had specific results), and we know that she still has plenty in her toolset. Maybe those in charge will feel bad and reverse some changes, or maybe she'll play like she does forever. In the end, though, she's still a good fighter, and it would be a shame if any of us dropped her because she's now harder to use.

Just a little encouragement for everyone.

Last edited:

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
It took me a really long time to figure out that this is an April Fools joke, but the main reason I don't like it is that is has the default color scheme :p

SAX97

Smash Rookie
NNID
Goneman97
I was wondering if there has been a thread or if anyone has looked into sheik "jab lock" setups? I noticed by accident today that weak hit of bair can lock opponents and even set up for jab locks if a tech is missed. Just wondering if anyone has explored this or if I should look into it before I made a thread about it.

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
I was wondering if there has been a thread or if anyone has looked into sheik "jab lock" setups? I noticed by accident today that weak hit of bair can lock opponents and even set up for jab locks if a tech is missed. Just wondering if anyone has explored this or if I should look into it before I made a thread about it.
Yes look into it, I believe there's a thread you can search up.
Sheik's nair and bair, sweet and sour spot can lock. Down throw can combo into footstool, which can potentially be a jab lock setup

Also if you want to ask questions it would be better to use the Q&A thread

Last edited:

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
I am almost ready to re-post my updated Sheik guide (sometime in the next two weeks) that I deleted after the Sheik nerfs. Does anyone have any last tips to add I may not have come across previously?

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
When people say "there isn't enough evidence to make bayonetta the best character"

Last edited:

Saki_JPC

Smash Rookie
Just wanted to pop in for a bit. I've been lurking the Sheik boards for a while, but I guess I wanted to introduce myself. I'm Saki, I play in Oklahoma. I'm not the best, but I'm improving a lot since I got into it (as of right now I'm 68th on the state ELO, I think?). Sheik is my main, and the (not so) new tech I've been learning has gotten me really into it. I play three of the games (Melee, 4, PM), but mostly Smash 4. I do attend locals, mainly a small one called Eruption.
My biggest problem has always been confidence, so when the patch dropped and I couldn't kill a Mewtwo until 170 and he killed me with fair at 50, my confidence with the character began plummeting a bit. I went soul searching with Falcon, Pikachu, Ryu, and even had a disastrous week maining Bayonetta, but I'm back and ready to roll! So, any advice for securing those kills on stocks that I miss the Sheik kill windows and the other guy is running around with 150 rage?

Last edited:

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
I'm popping in to say that the patch has really helped me be more comfortable playing Sheik. I was never very good at playing a grab based Sheik, or landing the 50-50's, and trying to play that way made me take risks and make stupid mistakes that got me killed. If I didn't go for them, I was never playing an optimized Sheik, and instead I had to rely a lot on learning my opponent and outplaying them in the neutral, punishing habits, or scoring single hits and edge-guarding for my kills through very high percents. Now that's kind of normal for Sheik, and the patch emphasized that style of play, so I can do well and not worry that I really should be doing something else or playing another way.

I also don't get hate mail.

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
So, apparently only :4bayonetta2: was touched during this patch...
I'm honestly just glad that the sheikah wasn't hit again.

Last edited:

Peterdas1

Smash Rookie
I accidentally made a thread about it not knowing how to use this site since I just joined but I was wondering if someone could play some matches with me since I just started to main shiek. It would help me a lot, my NNID is Peterdas1.

Peterdas1

Smash Rookie
I've just been playing a lot of FG matches testing this. I'm not sure if people already know this but if your opponent tends to airdoge a lot then you can up throw them and if they airdoge you can do a sweet spot up smash killing them around 85. If they are at a too high percent for this you can short hop vanish instead. I've also been conditioning them by doing an up throw at earlier percents and doing an up air or fair, so that they will start airdoging. Anyway this is quite simple so it's probably already being used but I wanted to post this anyway since its been getting me a lot of kills.

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
I've just been playing a lot of FG matches testing this. I'm not sure if people already know this but if your opponent tends to airdoge a lot then you can up throw them and if they airdoge you can do a sweet spot up smash killing them around 85. If they are at a too high percent for this you can short hop vanish instead. I've also been conditioning them by doing an up throw at earlier percents and doing an up air or fair, so that they will start airdoging. Anyway this is quite simple so it's probably already being used but I wanted to post this anyway since its been getting me a lot of kills.
I noticed this as well. The problem is that at these kill percents, the opponent can safely jump out without any risk of dying.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Uthrow shenanigans are mostly already known but I still feel like there's more to it than we know already for whatever reason.

A common setup VoiD uses a lot which I also found a lot of success with is at kill percents, uthrow and if they airdodge, hit them (uair/fair/nair/up b or whatever), and if they double jump immediately double jump and catch them as they're falling down from their double jump. You can see void doing that in LVL UP expo top 8, on VGBC's youtube channel.

Uthrow in general is decent when you're sure no other throw will lead to anything because it puts them directly above you and it pretty much can't be DI'd, that's not a good spot to be in.

I feel like other throws still outclass it though, but still a good mixup.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
So after being in the void between mains for months I've finally decided that I enjoy playing Shiek more than Mewtwo.

I've played both for awhile but never really used Shiek in tournament until recently. I made 3rd place with Marth as a secondary for DK and I didn't even have Needles to Bouncing Fish down yet.

Figured I'd post my life story here since this is the social and I wanted to say hi.

I dunno what secondaries I want to have currently. I'll probably keep Marth and look for a lower tier third. I get bored of two characters too quickly to not have a third to work with.

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
So after being in the void between mains for months I've finally decided that I enjoy playing Shiek more than Mewtwo.

I've played both for awhile but never really used Shiek in tournament until recently. I made 3rd place with Marth as a secondary for DK and I didn't even have Needles to Bouncing Fish down yet.

Figured I'd post my life story here since this is the social and I wanted to say hi.

I dunno what secondaries I want to have currently. I'll probably keep Marth and look for a lower tier third. I get bored of two characters too quickly to not have a third to work with.
Heya! Welcome, and congrats on choosing sheik! As for a "lower tier secondary", have you given :4palutena: a try?

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Heya! Welcome, and congrats on choosing sheik! As for a "lower tier secondary", have you given :4palutena: a try?
Yeah and I can use her fairly well but she doesn't really "feel right" for me. I'm looking more for a heavy or projectile based character for when I'm feeling burned out with the other two.

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
Yeah and I can use her fairly well but she doesn't really "feel right" for me. I'm looking more for a heavy or projectile based character for when I'm feeling burned out with the other two.
Well maybe duck hunt or link are the characters for you! (particularly :4link:, he's not an actual super heavy weight, but he's quite heavy)

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
We could always use more good Links on the web.

But you need to insist he's at least Mid-tier or, "awesome and cool," to fit in.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
We could always use more good Links on the web.

But you need to insist he's at least Mid-tier or, "awesome and cool," to fit in.
Hes a pretty cool character. :)

I like his moveset and I'll probably try him Friday in a few friendlies but I do wish he was a tad faster...

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
Hes a pretty cool character. :)

I like his moveset and I'll probably try him Friday in a few friendlies but I do wish he was a tad faster...
Yeah, I'm not happy with some of the design shifts they made moving him from Melee to Brawl... But speed is what Sheik is for, and he's still a cool and fun character with lots of good tools.

Peterdas1

Smash Rookie
I'm just curious does anyone know good partners for shiek in doubles?

Last edited:

Peterdas1

Smash Rookie
In the shiek discord do people communicate through voice chat? Since I don't have a mic at the moment.

Top Bottom