• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Hyrule Hangout - Sheik Social

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
Howdy, everyone!

I've been away from here for a while. After the last patch, I would've had to completely relearn Sheik, and it was the middle of the semester, so I didn't bother. I've actually picked up Melee and have been having some fun there, but I plan to get back to Sheik pretty soon.

Saki_JPC

Smash Rookie
So, is there a point in not perfect pivoting you f-tilt? Like, is there a reason to walk f-tilt or stand f-tilt?

Topskunium

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure where to post this, but a while ago (like 2 months ago) I was playing with my brother, and did this combo:

Dair>Tipper Usmash

Now, the problem here is that I just don't remember which part of the hitbox it was, what character, and what percent. There might have even been a DI influence, or it could've been escapable. I've tried to replicate this for a while now, but I haven't been very systematical about it. I'll try to spend some time labbing this, and share my results once I get any kinds of results.

I'm sorry if this ends up just raising up hope for a new Sheik confirm, and deflating, but I am certain that there is some use for Dair. It's so un-explored.

If anybody knows anything interesting about Dair, or has any knowledge of a Dair combo, please do tell me.

Again, sorry if this is the wrong place :psycho:

Edit #1: Dair autocancel frames exist on frames 1-2 and 53> according to kuroganehammer. I honestly don't know how useful this would be with that framedata... I'll keep trying

Edit #2: I was messing around with hitboxes, and figured out that by hitting only the spike hitbox, and not the weird ground impact hitbox, you pop up your opponent in a way that you get a tipper Usmash. This hit is sadly techable, and maybe escapable, but atleast it could serve as a mixup.

Tipper Usmash kills Mario at 100% on omega stages, and the hit deals 5%. You can do the math.

You cannot do this near the ledge, if you are facing away, as you need to dash back into Usmash after the hit.

As a tip for landing the right hitbox, you NEED to shorthop. The late hit of Dair doesn't have a spike hitbox. Aim your Dair from directly above your opponent, so that you will land slightly infront of where your opponent is standing.

Edit #3: So far my testing has only used Mario, on omega stages, in training mode with enclosed variables. It began working at around 100%. This combo really tests your input speed if you play with tiltstick, as your Usmash will need to come out really fast after the Dair hits.

I wish I could test out DI and escape options, but its late and I don't have coffee... Or anybody to DI for that matter...

If anybody would like to invest some time into labbing a possible new kill confirm/Mixup, I would be honored.

I'm not suggesting you would start to randomly throw out Dairs from now on, but to make your Dair throwing a calculated risk.

Also you must understand that this combo is very situational, like most of Sheik's kills are... Sadly...

I doubt anybody understood jack of me trying to explain this, but if anybody did, give it a shot. If you didn't understand, teach me how to capture smash bros footage and make a GIF out of it.

I would be so pissed now if somebody's already discovered this... All my work...

Thanks for reading this, and happy smashing :)

Last edited:

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
I'm not sure where to post this, but a while ago (like 2 months ago) I was playing with my brother, and did this combo:

Dair>Tipper Usmash

Now, the problem here is that I just don't remember which part of the hitbox it was, what character, and what percent. There might have even been a DI influence, or it could've been escapable. I've tried to replicate this for a while now, but I haven't been very systematical about it. I'll try to spend some time labbing this, and share my results once I get any kinds of results.

I'm sorry if this ends up just raising up hope for a new Sheik confirm, and deflating, but I am certain that there is some use for Dair. It's so un-explored.

If anybody knows anything interesting about Dair, or has any knowledge of a Dair combo, please do tell me.

Again, sorry if this is the wrong place :psycho:

Edit #1: Dair autocancel frames exist on frames 1-2 and 53> according to kuroganehammer. I honestly don't know how useful this would be with that framedata... I'll keep trying

Edit #2: I was messing around with hitboxes, and figured out that by hitting only the spike hitbox, and not the weird ground impact hitbox, you pop up your opponent in a way that you get a tipper Usmash. This hit is sadly techable, and maybe escapable, but atleast it could serve as a mixup.

Tipper Usmash kills Mario at 100% on omega stages, and the hit deals 5%. You can do the math.

You cannot do this near the ledge, if you are facing away, as you need to dash back into Usmash after the hit.

As a tip for landing the right hitbox, you NEED to shorthop. The late hit of Dair doesn't have a spike hitbox. Aim your Dair from directly above your opponent, so that you will land slightly infront of where your opponent is standing.

Edit #3: So far my testing has only used Mario, on omega stages, in training mode with enclosed variables. It began working at around 100%. This combo really tests your input speed if you play with tiltstick, as your Usmash will need to come out really fast after the Dair hits.

I wish I could test out DI and escape options, but its late and I don't have coffee... Or anybody to DI for that matter...

If anybody would like to invest some time into labbing a possible new kill confirm/Mixup, I would be honored.

I'm not suggesting you would start to randomly throw out Dairs from now on, but to make your Dair throwing a calculated risk.

Also you must understand that this combo is very situational, like most of Sheik's kills are... Sadly...

I doubt anybody understood jack of me trying to explain this, but if anybody did, give it a shot. If you didn't understand, teach me how to capture smash bros footage and make a GIF out of it.

I would be so pissed now if somebody's already discovered this... All my work...

Thanks for reading this, and happy smashing :)

Already a thing. https://youtu.be/wAwpP9RKG0M?t=46s

I took this a bit further and found out how to confirm into it from a footstool.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KN45jxrew4UuFNkKBdVNgVR30L4BK47zbgX9VUXMrY4/edit

Just getting GIFs made then will upload as a thread.

Topskunium

Smash Rookie
Oh well, I thought I discovered something. I couldn't find a single mention of the combo anywhere, maybe I just didn't search well enough. I'll keep searching for combos regardless. Maybe new ones this time...

Also, was this the right place?

Last edited:

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
Oh well, I thought I discovered something. I couldn't find a single mention of the combo anywhere, maybe I just didn't search well enough. I'll keep searching for combos regardless. Maybe new ones this time...

Also, was this the right place?
Yeah it's kinda lesser known.
Yeah I guess this is the right place. Just for general discussion of anything :)

Sucio Guapo

Smash Rookie
Could someone send me a link or a code to the Sheik discord? I've been playing Sheik for half a year and use her to cover meh matchups for Mario.

SAX97

Smash Rookie
NNID
Goneman97
Does anyone have audio clips of sheiks moves? I'd like to use them in a song I am making

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
*insert me complaining that this thread is dead and pretending Discord isn't way better for this sort of thing here*

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
*insert me complaining that this thread is dead and pretending Discord isn't way better for this sort of thing here*
*insert me wishing this was alive but yeah for social posting discord is far superior, kinda have to admit this'll probably stay deadish, but it was fun while it lasted, guys go join the sheik discord*

OddWheatFarmer

Smash Rookie
NNID
OddWheatFarmer
*insert me wishing this was alive but yeah for social posting discord is far superior, kinda have to admit this'll probably stay deadish, but it was fun while it lasted, guys go join the sheik discord*
Discord is gatlik, smashboards is dead
Discord has most things, like a metagame channel, match critique and so on. Here's a link to the Discord if anyone stumbles across:
https://discord.gg/yfGyTuM

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
I'm done with Wii u because im sick of rage. Not saying smash for switch will be any different. Nor am I saying I'll come back when more information on it is out. But we'll see. You never actually know who is winning in a game because of rage and that's just sad. No consistency. Ideally they change rage to affect KBG and not BKB in the newest edition but a sheik can dream.

SirSquire

Smash Rookie
NNID
hap356
Hi! Is there any way I could get into this discord for some mu experience, thank you!

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
Rip smashboards man....Call out threads will forever be a thing of the past now.
Yeah... Discord has definitely taken over in the social aspect. I still like it here tho... when other people are around :p
For archiving info tho, I'll always believe smashboards is the best place.

Hi! Is there any way I could get into this discord for some mu experience, thank you!
http://smashcords.com/smash_4/
Scroll down to the Sheik one

Guimartgon

Smash Apprentice
Is there a guide/list on Sheik's ftilt --> Uair 50-50 percents? I always go on feeling based on rage and what not, but missing the ko percent and staling UAir is awful.

Ꮤhisker

Smash Rookie
Yooooooo, so I think I MIGHT be on to something... I'll just cut straight to it.
Double jab > Footstool > dair > full hop up air or jump cancel up smash

Here are some vids
The up air true combos and kills! I only tested this on a few characters though... (mario, link, marth, kirby, ganon, c fal, ike, bowser) some of the characters would only get launched forward by the second hit of dair, but ike could be launched up if I got the footstool when I was behind him...if he was facing me, or if I led off with jab-jab to turn him around, he would always get spit out by the second hit of dair
the up smash seems it could be an air dodge punish but true combos on c fal (though it was hard for me to get it true).

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
Yooooooo, so I think I MIGHT be on to something... I'll just cut straight to it.
Double jab > Footstool > dair > full hop up air or jump cancel up smash

Here are some vids
The up air true combos and kills! I only tested this on a few characters though... (mario, link, marth, kirby, ganon, c fal, ike, bowser) some of the characters would only get launched forward by the second hit of dair, but ike could be launched up if I got the footstool when I was behind him...if he was facing me, or if I led off with jab-jab to turn him around, he would always get spit out by the second hit of dair
the up smash seems it could be an air dodge punish but true combos on c fal (though it was hard for me to get it true).
Sorry to rain on your parade but none of that is true. Training mode also lies a lot when it comes to combos and isn't exactly a great platform to lab. Jab 1 and 2 are actually one of sheiks unsafe moves and only string to tilts in specific occasions according to fall speed, gravity, etc

Peterdas1

Smash Rookie
Is there a reason why barely any sheiks wall jump side special while trying to get back on stage?

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
1) not safe
2) punishable
3) doesn't lead to worthwhile rewards for the amount of risk it takes

Top Bottom