• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Hyrule Hangout - Sheik Social

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Yeah 64 has it's own pivotal things. I wasn't even aware of them being that much different to perfect pivots.

For the most part, I don't usually don't care too much about a double post in a relatively calm social thread. As long as it's not obnoxiously used, you should be kay.
(Although in here that's not my prerogative to decide)

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Shaya loves when you double post on him. He just can't admit it.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
To anyone interested, I've started a Clash Royale clan called Moose Lodge. There aren't any requirements, so check it out, and let me know you're coming from SmashBoards!

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
Anyway...

I'm kind of getting sick of Smash Amino ads. What do you guys think about it, for those who have it? Not sure yet whether I want it.

onlyaaron17

Smash Cadet
NNID
onlyaaron17
Hey guys, I've been studying my Sheik videos, and have been analyzing my fox vs sheik gameplay. I noticed that I tend to run into a lot of an opponents attacks while they are landing. I know I have to run up and shield, to punish such aerials, or punish landings with needles, if I have the option to; however, I do not have any creative ways to force myself out of the habit of tending to run into options, but making sure I set my position up to where I can punish an opponent. Anyone ever have this problem, and figured out how they dealt with it?

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I've been studying my Sheik videos, and have been analyzing my fox vs sheik gameplay. I noticed that I tend to run into a lot of an opponents attacks while they are landing. I know I have to run up and shield, to punish such aerials, or punish landings with needles, if I have the option to; however, I do not have any creative ways to force myself out of the habit of tending to run into options, but making sure I set my position up to where I can punish an opponent. Anyone ever have this problem, and figured out how they dealt with it?
Focus on it. If your opponent's in the air, remind yourself how you're gonna deal with it.
Another, more extreme way is to SD every time you miss the punish or forget. You'll learn really quick that way, trust me.

onlyaaron17

Smash Cadet
NNID
onlyaaron17
Focus on it. If your opponent's in the air, remind yourself how you're gonna deal with it.
Another, more extreme way is to SD every time you miss the punish or forget. You'll learn really quick that way, trust me.
Thats very creative. Thank you :D

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey guys, has anyone sat down yet and tried to lab everything possible about killing off of throws?

Because that should absolutely be Priority #1 right now.
I'd do it, but I don't have anyone here to help me test DI or mashing; anyone wanna try to lab online?

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
Hey guys, has anyone sat down yet and tried to lab everything possible about killing off of throws?

Because that should absolutely be Priority #1 right now.
I'd do it, but I don't have anyone here to help me test DI or mashing; anyone wanna try to lab online?
Throw. Make them double jump. Bouncing fish landing.. Kill them.

ShinRamen

Smash Cadet
NNID
KoRShin
my testing with hi tech dual controller toe DI tells me that DIing away + jump gives sheik 0 kill setups from f throw/ d throw, but I could be wrong

Cold_Ninja_Emperor

Smash Cadet
NNID
clauderson
3DS FC
1134-8450-3228
I found that Fthrow to fast fall upair in lower percents was the good combo mix up but I don't know if it is reliable since I didn't have someone to help me to see if the opponent can air dodge or double jump ... and Fthrow to up smash is good also but same problem though :( but don't use the upair combo alot since upair is still one of the killing move and that you want to stell/stall (???) your move.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Hello Sheiks

I've been wondering, how useful is the Dsmash 1.1.5 KB buff for Sheik? 10KBG seems pretty good. What kind of percent does it KO at? (If anyone has already checked.)

SkippyJ

Smash Apprentice
I have no personal attachment to sheik, but I just wanna say that im sorry. Its the communities constant desire to nerf anything half decent (instead of adapting to the situation) that resulted in this unfair nerf that ruined your character, and while i personally wasnt one of the people that insisted sheik be killed, i could have done more to stop it.

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
I have no personal attachment to sheik, but I just wanna say that im sorry. Its the communities constant desire to nerf anything half decent (instead of adapting to the situation) that resulted in this unfair nerf that ruined your character, and while i personally wasnt one of the people that insisted sheik be killed, i could have done more to stop it.
First of all, don't say my character is ruined. Moreover I don't believe a single person isn't at least somewhat secretly happy about what happened. And finally I'll still beat those whiners with my nerfed sheik and feel absolutely amazing doing it.

Sheik being killed. Don't make me laugh. Those words are whats exactly whats fueling me. Not even closed to being done yet.

Last edited:

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
Yooo, I just got Pokken tournament and it's AMAZING. Love the combat system and phase shift idea

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
That sad moment when Absol isn't in

Who knows. If they follow the DLC trend he could end up broken should he get added.

SkippyJ

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, i didnt mean to offend you or anyone by what i said and i hope you continue maining her if shes the character you love, i just was feeling deeply sympathetic after i did some labbing last night. And youre right, shes not ruined, she still has fantastic frame data.. Its just unfortunate. Sheik was one of the funnest characters to watch in smash, period, and one of the funnest to fight against imo (such an active, fast paced match up!), but now that theyve made it even harder for you guys to kill im afraid i wont being seeing much sheik play in tournament. It was unfair. Period. You already had a hard time killing compared to other top teirs.

If you look at my post history youll see that for quite some time ive been against, being more in favor of buffing the rest of the top 8 in small ways to level the playing feild at a top level (balancing the full roster is unrealistic, im fine with a competative top 8-12 to select from, similar to how melee only has a handful of viable characters but is still fun to watch because all of those characters are actually good and fun to watch, unlike smash 4 which is generally a roster of mediocrity and characters that suck except one or two OP tools. Sheik was one of the few exceptions, and even she suffered from low damage and kill power that made matches drag on).

Honestly, i might have been a bit happy if it was just the needle range nerf, just to make her play more in your face like she was designed to imo, or maybe if they nerfed her recovery (somthing they need to do to a LOT of characters IMO).. But this was rediculous. Again, i hope you continue to push the character, i just wish it didnt have to come to this.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Thanks for taking one for the team guys :)

Anyway, Do any of you guys play 3DS? I can't get in touch with any good sheiks.

:150:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I'm a pretty good sheik, and i got a 3ds. But I'm not a fan of people with insensitive humor. So I'll pass.
oo......kay?

I'm suprised I upset you. My apologies anyway.

:150:

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
She's still very potent, just the large amount of mostly inconsequential nerfs before hand are being felt as a doubly whammy now.
Complaints that she shouldn't be able to reliably find kills from grabs, the stage wide dominance available in needles and fair out buttoning most of everything.
If they touched these in the first place, then [imo] the necessity for taking damage off of bair, fair and uair wouldn't have been there.
But this is the curse of the broadening patching scope, where for almost the first year of the game they were only willing to touch damage values of characters moves.

However I am enjoying seeing high level Sheik incorporate moves like dash attack (why dash attack when dash grab would always do more?) and needing to take (comparatively to shield + grab) more risk through bouncing fish reads and punishes. Heck the use of back air in neutral situations more over fair as it has more range [beating shield with fair right now seems VERY hard].

Her still powerful needle set ups, all of her tilts combo (and feasibly KO) potency and still likely the best burst mobility tool in the game make for one of the most reliable characters to win with in the cast.

Both Sheik and ZSS are kinda being forced into a more passive but still effective play style in this latest patch, still showing their strengths but not having the same overwhelming capabilities we were so used to.

Last edited:

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Honestly the one thing I'm worried about is people taking the "Just Shield all the time at high percent" tactic against us, like what happens against Mario/Fox/Etc.

Because people who don't do that (around here at least) are more difficult but still possible to kill, while the people who do that (and DI the throws correctly, of course) are friggin' impossible to kill without an edgeguard or BF landing trap of some sort.

EDIT:
Oh, and Ryu.
Because Holy **** do we die super early to (Rage) TSRK, which is a big problem especially when he can do it out of Fair Strings and out of our jab on hit... (doubly so because Jab is the only close-range thing that beats FA, which basically translates to us not being able to do anything about it up close).

But that's just my thoughts; anyone else have advice?
Throw mixups, landing traps, etc?

Last edited:

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
Shield pressure is definitely becoming more important.

Also, Bidou is coming

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
So, what do you guys think Bidou adds to Sheik? And thoughts of the control scheme? To me, even with the controller change, I still feel just fine. It sucks that we can't C-bounce with it ad not having C set to tilts makes it harder to F-tilt after Perfect Pivots, but that aside this almost feels easier to do stuff like frame-perfect tilts after landing off aerials.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
So, what do you guys think Bidou adds to Sheik? And thoughts of the control scheme? To me, even with the controller change, I still feel just fine. It sucks that we can't C-bounce with it ad not having C set to tilts makes it harder to F-tilt after Perfect Pivots, but that aside this almost feels easier to do stuff like frame-perfect tilts after landing off aerials.
Yeah, I'm just gonna use it to troll with Villager and look like I'm wavedashing with Fox. Tilt stick is too useful.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
On the topic of Bidou, we can do a few of the things with tilt stick on GC controller; the difference is that you hold attack instead of special. The only use I've been able to find for it is the instant turnaround, though there's also this weird twitch out of a crouch (crouch > C-stick forward) and the ability to twirl around (C-stick behind you > left stick other way) to maybe annoy someone.

Key stuff, really.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
I decided to make the permanent switch to Shiek after having her as a secondary. I put some work on her, but not as much as I do with Duck Hunt. The past month I've been realizing the way I play Duck Hunt, in a spacing and conditioning manner, is the same way I played Shiek in Brawl and it transitions nicely for Shiek in Smash 4.

I feel like Shiek lets me do what I want to do with Duck Hunt and execute it more efficiently and consistently due to more options. The nerf to her really sealed the deal for me, as I was afraid I only enjoyed her because of a subconscious understanding that she was broken, and after using her a lot recently and labbing her all of yesterday, it confirmed that my love for the character is still strong. I guess I'm already used to having to be creative to get the kill, haha!

So hello everyone! The name's Season, but you can call me chaos11011 if ya want cuz I can't seem to change my username and that's what I went by 7 years ago (and I've outgrown the name, which promped the change in tag).

Last edited:

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
I decided to make the permanent switch to Shiek after having her as a secondary. I put some work on her, but not as much as I do with Duck Hunt. The past month I've been realizing the way I play Duck Hunt, in a spacing and conditioning manner, is the same way I played Shiek in Brawl and it transitions nicely for Shiek in Smash 4.

I feel like Shiek lets me do what I want to do with Duck Hunt and execute it more efficiently and consistently due to more options. The nerf to her really sealed the deal for me, as I was afraid I only enjoyed her because of a subconscious understanding that she was broken, and after using her a lot recently and labbing her all of yesterday, it confirmed that my love for the character is still strong. I guess I'm already used to having to be creative to get the kill, haha!

So hello everyone! The name's Season, but you can call me chaos11011 if ya want cuz I can't seem to change my username and that's what I went by 6 years ago (and I've outgrown the name, which promped the change in tag).
Welcome! You'd have to have Premium to change your username, but it's fine as is.

You may want to look into getting a Sheik avatar, though. All the cool kids are doing it.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
haha sheik avatars, ya'all got nothing on my shadow tamer.

Last edited:

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
Welcome! You'd have to have Premium to change your username, but it's fine as is.

You may want to look into getting a Sheik avatar, though. All the cool kids are doing it.
Was thinking of changing my avatar to something more Shiek like, just gotta figure out what and ask potential artists if it's okay to use i (until then, I'll change it to something more neutral, haha).

I might look into going Premium. With the years I've spent on this site, it deserves the support.

Last edited:

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
Oh hey, I haven't talked about Brawlhalla in a while.

So it turns out that there's a high-rank player named Moose, and people have mistaken me for him a few times. I take it as a complement, but I feel like I have a doppelganger...

Top Bottom