• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Hyrule Hangout - Sheik Social

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
Out of curiosity, how do you guys think Sheik would fair (lol punz) in Melee or PM? Her "chaingrabing" would be usable, she would be almost impossible to edgeguard and more. She would not get too much off of L-cancles, but wavedashing would make her a force to be reckond with.
If she had Melee's hitstun, she'd be worse than Meta Knight.

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
If she had Melee's hitstun, she'd be worse than Meta Knight.
Not really. From the Smash Wiki: In Super Smash Bros. 4, hitstun retains the multiplier of x0.4 it has in Melee and Brawl." The only reason for higher hitstun was larger numbers going into the Knockback formula.

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
Out of curiosity, how do you guys think Sheik would fair (lol punz) in Melee or PM? Her "chaingrabing" would be usable, she would be almost impossible to edgeguard and more. She would not get too much off of L-cancles, but wavedashing would make her a force to be reckond with.
Sheik is in Melee and PM...
Am I missing something?

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
Not really. From the Smash Wiki: In Super Smash Bros. 4, hitstun retains the multiplier of x0.4 it has in Melee and Brawl." The only reason for higher hitstun was larger numbers going into the Knockback formula.
Well, shows what I know. I've just seen people mention the hitstun before; I never really played Melee. Still, though, I feel that she would do really well.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
I refuse to believe the hitstun is the same. The formula might be the same but there's DEFINITELY something different about it. Engine or some ****.

Put on Melee, pick Falcon, down air someone on the ground and let them miss the tech, they can't act out of it for like 209182 years, to the point where in yoshi's you could dair someone in centre stage at a certain percent, jump and waveland on the top platform, and fsmash.. and it would be a true combo. not in sm4sh.

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
I refuse to believe the hitstun is the same. The formula might be the same but there's DEFINITELY something different about it. Engine or some ****.

Put on Melee, pick Falcon, down air someone on the ground and let them miss the tech, they can't act out of it for like 209182 years, to the point where in yoshi's you could dair someone in centre stage at a certain percent, jump and waveland on the top platform, and fsmash.. and it would be a true combo. not in sm4sh.
Melee airdodging

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
Well, since I'm feeling less wrong, I'll repeat that given Melee's apparent hitstun, Sheik would be worse than Meta Knight. Imagine if all our Fair strings were true combos and if all our needle tech carried over.
From 0%: Ftilt>Ftilt>Ftilt>Ftilt>Ftilt>Fair>Fair>Fair>FH Fair>falling Fair>etc.>Bouncing Fish

Last edited:

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
I can't play Sheik in Melee or PM either. I always try to use Fair to combo and neglect Dthrow and F-tilt.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
As someone who mains Sheik in all games she's available at (except brawl I don't play it or play Marth when I do lol), it took me just a little bit to adjust to the fact that she's really different, but after a while you get used to it. At first I was doing some sm4sh sheik tech in melee/PM and it wouldn't work out (most notable would be using vanish after uair to get some extra damage) but I'm really used to just playing her differently in each game now.

I never used down b in melee wanting to do bouncing fish tho lol.

Last edited:

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
As someone who mains Sheik in all games she's available at (except brawl I don't play it or play Marth when I do lol), it took me just a little bit to adjust to the fact that she's really different, but after a while you get used to it. At first I was doing some sm4sh sheik tech in melee/PM and it wouldn't work out (most notable would be using vanish after uair to get some extra damage) but I'm really used to just playing her differently in each game now.

I never used down b in melee wanting to do bouncing fish tho lol.
I think melee fox is actually a lot closer to Smash 4 Sheik, but I haven't played melee that much so I wouldn't know for sure

D

Deleted member

I love Melee Sheik. I'd be maining her in that game if the Ice Climbers weren't a thing. :sheikmelee:

I still thought Brawl Sheik was hella underrated, I had tons of fun with her there lol

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
I love Melee Sheik. I'd be maining her in that game if the Ice Climbers weren't a thing. :sheikmelee:

I still thought Brawl Sheik was hella underrated, I had tons of fun with her there lol
I love brawl sheik.
If brawl ever gets revived or accepted again in the competitive community, I'll definitely be playing sheik. She feels very similar to sm4sh, but with better tilts!

D

Deleted member

I love brawl sheik.
If brawl ever gets revived or accepted again in the competitive community, I'll definitely be playing sheik. She feels very similar to sm4sh, but with better tilts!
I really hope Brawl gets a revival.

I'd probably main Ness if the grab release infinites on him and Lucas were banned, though.

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
And now I'm going to start dedicating tons of time to makeing a Smash 4 Sheik PSA (Project Smash Attacks, the best character modding tool) for Brawl. Why do you guys give me ideas? XD

Last edited:

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
And now I'm going to start dedicating tons of time to makeing a Smash 4 Sheik PSA (Project Smash Attacks, the best character modding tool) for Brawl. Why do you guys give me ideas? XD
Freedom of speech :p

Last edited:

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
I just now realized that ZSS has a faster run speed than us. How did I not notice this before?

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
How do I improve with this character if everyone I play with leaves after one friendly because "Sheik is broken".

Last edited:

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
How do I improve with this character if everyone I play with leaves after one friendly because "Sheik is broken".
Those people are never going to get good at this game.
Find people who don't mind playing vs sheik, or who aren't assholes :D
If people are smart, they should be playing as much as they can vs sheik. I mean she is the best in the game, it's kinda the #1 matchup to know.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
I can relate tbh. There's a couple people who I hate playing Sheik against because they'll just keep complaining or be very noticeable frustrated/mad/whatever, so I just avoid playing them or play someone else lol.

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
I tried it for like a week and didn't like it, I play the player more than I play the matchup and online just does not feel precise at all.
In that case, I don't have enough experience to say. The rest of the people that responded seem to have good advice, however.

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
I tried it for like a week and didn't like it, I play the player more than I play the matchup and online just does not feel precise at all.
The whole point of high level Smash is playing the player so it sounds like Anther's is fine for you

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
I've been wondering lately: What is Sheik's easiest MU? To me, it seems like Ganon and Robin both get absolutely demolished by us, but what is you guys' opinion?

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
I've been wondering lately: What is Sheik's easiest MU? To me, it seems like Ganon and Robin both get absolutely demolished by us, but what is you guys' opinion?
definitely ganon lmao

D

Deleted member

:4zelda:, :4ganondorf: and :4falcon:. :4bowser: is also pretty ezpz, only hard part is finishing him off because his recovery is actually deceptively long distanced.

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
I just realized you can Perfect Pivot in every game after 64

I just realized that was a double post

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
I just realized you can Perfect Pivot in every game after 64