• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Hyrule Hangout - Sheik Social

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Uh-oh, does it have less base knockback or knockback growth?
kbg i believe, reduced alongside damage to make it stay relatively the same as it was except with reduced damage

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
also are we all repping sheikorrin now? lmao

Absol Absol @fyazko WondrousMoose WondrousMoose @exnecross

anyway i read a post about how similar the two characters are, and I gotta agree. using fair to combo into itself as corrin just feels like home for me :3

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345

anyway i read a post about how similar the two characters are, and I gotta agree. using fair to combo into itself as corrin just feels like home for me :3
Well, she's another waifu, and she's not as complex as RosaLuma, so yeah.

Also, her side B is nasty.

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
I may start co-maining Bayonetta, we'll see how she turns out

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

lmao, Corrin is interesting to me, plus she's waifu.
She keeps me patient and fundamentally focused, it's refreshing.
Especially when I'm spoiled with Sheik lol

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
I just realized that some of the old percent threads are now wrong, if only by a little, because of Sheik's knockback nerfs, especially to Fair...
RIP

I'm pretty sure the dtilt > upair %s are wrong also, as dtilt has been nerfed since then. WHELP I guess we better go back and re-test.

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
Funny how the corrin boards are starting out extremely fruitful with information. Almost like how the sheik boards are. I won't say that the Sheikorrin mains have their stuff together.. But I'll imply it ;)

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
"Oops, Ignore This". The premium-only social thread with multiple posts per minute.
oh yeah, threads like those are cancerous to me. avoid them at all costs.

i do not suggest looking at the zelda social.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
oh yeah, threads like those are cancerous to me. avoid them at all costs.

i do not suggest looking at the zelda social.
Yeah, I've heard that. With 4k+ replies in just a couple months, I'd say Corrin fits that just perfectly.

Last edited:

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
I suppose people are also slightly embarrassed to play sheik because of how damn strong we are.

Do they not realise that playing sheik is being a ninja

And that being a ninja is being the coolest person around

People who hate on ninjas deserve to have a fist fight with a hippy who often goes camping and likes to sew

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
I suppose people are also slightly embarrassed to play sheik because of how damn strong we are.

Do they not realise that playing sheik is being a ninja

And that being a ninja is being the coolest person around

People who hate on ninjas deserve to have a fist fight with a hippy who often goes camping and likes to sew
Edit: Sorry I tried to relate needle camping to real life and later realised (about 2 seconds later) that I just called our ninja a hippy. I guess it's because she wears rags?

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
Edit: Sorry I tried to relate needle camping to real life and later realised (about 2 seconds later) that I just called our ninja a hippy. I guess it's because she wears rags?

Edit: Omg I managed to press the reply button instead of the edit button. I guess my ninja senses aren't yet fully developed.
Plz don't kill me

Kittens make everything better right?

Edit: OMG i did it again. Either the website is broken or i'm dying. Probably the latter. @_Tree warn me or something, I just triple posted .-.

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
"triple posts are fine as long as you post a cute cat pic""
- arikado 2k15

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Disclaimer about new sig: I am NOT one of those guys who mains 5 characters. I'll never use anything besides Sheik in tournament unless I get absolutely destroyed and lose all hope lmao.

Other characters are p much characters I use to actually enjoy the game and take the pressure of playing Sheik off my shoulders.

I actually find Sheik really exhausting to play because of how careful I have to be about everything. Any small flub and I'd punish myself for it or get disappointed, and I compare myself (mainly, my execution) to zero's way too often lmao. I also get demoralized easily when I lose the momentum, or mostly just lose the first stock. I should try fixing that D:

but yeah, other characters I use are basically easy mode/"for fun" mode for me, and I'd rarely use Sheik outside of tournament unless I'm seriously practicing.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
Disclaimer about new sig: I am NOT one of those guys who mains 5 characters. I'll never use anything besides Sheik in tournament unless I get absolutely destroyed and lose all hope lmao.

Other characters are p much characters I use to actually enjoy the game and take the pressure of playing Sheik off my shoulders.

I actually find Sheik really exhausting to play because of how careful I have to be about everything. Any small flub and I'd punish myself for it or get disappointed, and I compare myself (mainly, my execution) to zero's way too often lmao. I also get demoralized easily when I lose the momentum, or mostly just lose the first stock. I should try fixing that D:

but yeah, other characters I use are basically easy mode/"for fun" mode for me, and I'd rarely use Sheik outside of tournament unless I'm seriously practicing.
I understand completely. Sheik requires a ton of focus, and it only takes a few solid hits to launch her, so you have to be constantly aware of how you'll avoid dying while also trying to kill. I'm hoping Corrin will be a sort of a relief in a similar way, as she has much higher knockback on some of her moves and is also a ton of fun to watch.

Yeah, it gets pretty stressful sometimes carrying the core of the current Smash metagame on our shoulders...

D

Deleted member

'Sup, Sheiks?:4sheik:

I already have liked Sheik in every Smash, but I wanna learn her here in this game as a potential pocket. That and the Sheik community seems really nice, so I thought I'd try to introduce myself here.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
'Sup, Sheiks?:4sheik:

I already have liked Sheik in every Smash, but I wanna learn her here in this game as a potential pocket. That and the Sheik community seems really nice, so I thought I'd try to introduce myself here.
Howdy, Feelicks! I've seen you around SmashBoards a bit; it's nice to see you want to join the Sheik crew!

We've got a beginner's guide here and all the fancy stuff here. Be sure to also check the stickies as well. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask!

D

Deleted member

Howdy, Feelicks! I've seen you around SmashBoards a bit; it's nice to see you want to join the Sheik crew!

We've got a beginner's guide here and all the fancy stuff here. Be sure to also check the stickies as well. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask!
Will do! Thanks for the guidance.

Like I said, I've liked to toy around with Sheik before but I've been getting more and more into wanting to play her in a serious capacity. I'm particularly a fan of her PM/Melee incarnation.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
lol, I wonder if that's a typo since Pit's is different
"You would think so, but no. That's really how they died. I implore you, try it out for yourself, please prove me wrong. I feel wrong. But I tested it many times but it was the same every time. Ha Ha I even made a Postscript on the OP to hopefully assure people that even I thought Neutral B was wrong"

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
Odd thing, but this Prokofiev concerto makes me think of Sheik:
The first movement is a match from the opponent's perspective, and it's pretty dark. 8:34 especially sounds like a particularly nasty fairplane in slow motion, which is followed with a Bouncing Fish and then rage. The second movement is more the match from Sheik's perspective, with focus and intensity but also a sort of playfulness; maybe she's facing someone fat like DK.
The third movement is her presence in the competitive scene, as the first few chords make clear. Some of the more delicate notes are her quick moves slowly racking up damage and more and more people losing hope with their fighters until finally, everyone really, really hates her. The finale is people finally getting fed up with her and raging any time someone uses her in tournament. We the Sheik mains make a brief case there in the middle - it's a bit emotional, and some people take it seriously - but then people just rage some more, so we ignore them.

Last edited:

{Kyro}

Smash Apprentice
"You would think so, but no. That's really how they died. I implore you, try it out for yourself, please prove me wrong. I feel wrong. But I tested it many times but it was the same every time. Ha Ha I even made a Postscript on the OP to hopefully assure people that even I thought Neutral B was wrong"
That's so weird though...Jigglypuff and Bowser with the same kill %s, but Pit having a different one? I wonder if there's a similar thing with other characters

I AKU I

Smash Cadet
NNID
murphed
Oh WondrousMoose WondrousMoose , what a wondrous imagination you have. Relating instrumental music to Smash just might be a sign that you're playing too much Smash!

Big fan of Prokofiev and Russian composers in general btw. Such hauntingly dark and powerful music! Didn't think I'd find any classical listeners on SB, but I suppose the Sheik boards must be the exception. You stay classy, Sheik boards.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
Oh WondrousMoose WondrousMoose , what a wondrous imagination you have. Relating instrumental music to Smash just might be a sign that you're playing too much Smash!

Big fan of Prokofiev and Russian composers in general btw. Such hauntingly dark and powerful music! Didn't think I'd find any classical listeners on SB, but I suppose the Sheik boards must be the exception. You stay classy, Sheik boards.
I'm more a Late Romantic/ Impressionist guy myself, but you can't go wrong with some good 20th century Russian music.

Also, it's Yuja Wang. I mean, come on.

I AKU I

Smash Cadet
NNID
murphed
Idk if she will be taking the title as the best character in the game, but agree that Bayonetta is really, really good. I've been labbing her extensively since the patch release and think she easily has what it takes to be top 5ish. A lot of things about her are extremely exaggerated though. Very few of the combos you have seen are guaranteed with proper DI, and you CAN SDI out of Witch Twist. I still think she has one of the best combo/punish games around, but her combos are not as free as people are making them seem. (Unless you got them in witch time!)

I'll be the first to say that witch time seems really OP though. Aside from all of the ridiculously early kills, I can't even tell you guys how many Clouds, Marths, Ikes, and Macs I've cheesed on FG by landing WT while still on the stage and then spiking them out of their recovery or a ledge trump. Anyone that does not snap to ledge or has an up-B that clips the edge does not want to recover low against her.

Bayo is probably going to be my new secondary. I plan to start busting her out on Anther's and in tourneys once I feel 100% confident using her. I still get misinputs and screw up her recovery every once in a while.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
lmao you guys overrate bayonetta so much. her frame data is terrible.

her frame data is terrible.

her frame data is terrible

her frame data is terrible

terrible

terri-

te-

WHY IS BAYONETTA SO BULL****

Top Bottom