• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Hyrule Hangout - Sheik Social

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
How about...

"Sheik is a girl, I swear."

j/k
Perfect opportunity for my copy pasta

"On August 5, 2014, Bill Trinen, Nintendo's senior product marketing manager and head translator for Ocarina of Time, stated in an interview that since Sheik is just Zelda in disguise, and since Zelda is female, Sheik is also female."

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
Perfect opportunity for my copy pasta

"On August 5, 2014, Bill Trinen, Nintendo's senior product marketing manager and head translator for Ocarina of Time, stated in an interview that since Sheik is just Zelda in disguise, and since Zelda is female, Sheik is also female."
That was talking about Hyrule Warriors. For every over game, we may never know for sure...

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
Oh I agree fully, it hasn't been confirmed for anything but Hyrule Warriors. We can't prove she's a girl :(
Sheik is Zelda, bro. That's like saying that we can't confirm that she still has 10 toes or that there isn't a gaping hole through her abdomen. It's safe to assume that she didn't grow any new genitalia with her costume.

Zodiacx10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zodiacx10
idk where to post this but im a mac main and want to get a lot better at the shiek match-up. so if you play shiek and want to help me get better then pm me. thank you :)

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
GG to whoever that Sheik was. We were playing for a good hour, not too too long ago and I am surprised you had the patience to keep playing this Link on tilt. Felt like my Street Fighter days when I got stepped all over easily.

Despite being hella frustrated at the great difference in our character speed, it was good practice for me to fight someone who fought with a higher heart rate than mine since I'm way too accustomed to fighting slow-paced battles.

Last edited:

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
Definitely nothing important, but I was playing Smash with some friends last night, and I managed to Ftilt a fire hydrant across the stage into everyone else to win the game. I really wish I'd saved the replay.

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
Oh, damn, totally forgot about getting a new thread title. Adorn me with the title of 'Worst mod of 2015' pls.

I almost want this to be called 'YES. SHE WASN'T NERFED. STOP COMPLAINING' so people get the message as soon as they see the Sheik boards lol.

I'll wait for a few more suggestions and probably choose one that could be suitable. Let me know if you guys want a poll/vote instead so that everyone has input.

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
Name suggestion:
Royals of Twilight

The Sheikah are also known as the shadow folk, zelda is sheik, and zelda is a princess, so technically when she is disguised as sheik she is only royal Sheikah. Another word for shadow = twilight. Also references twilight princess (which imo is the best video game ever).
The kind of name that no-one would understand unless they knew stuff about sheik and LoZ.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
no, its the kind of name u'd only understand if u read that description.

Im intobzelda lore and played almost all games and had no idea what it meant at a first glance lmao, just keep it simple. Hyrule hangout is simple

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
Lolwut Simikins, that's a very elaborate name.

But Hyrule Hangout seems to have the most resonance with people, so we'll leave it at that for the moment.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Chicks with *****.
It ryhmes, it's catchy and it sends the kids running. Some of them might run to google......

So I might be living in Cali for a bit; this oughta be weird. I'm from hills of Ohio and Kentucky. Growing all of the older people called Cali "The Land of Queers and Idiots". So you might be able to imagine why this is so funny for me.

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
Just so everyone knows, footstool to dair spike is a thing. Works out of any footstool setup, but only works on certain characters. Having difficulty labbing who it works on because I play on 3DS and can't control the CPU. If anyone wants to help out it would be much appreciated.
Working on a thread for it.

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
Didn't think this deserved a new thread, but I thought I'd share this here. I've been doing this for awhile, but I'm unsure how many Sheiks know about it. If you stage tech a Falcon's up-b, you are put into a position to vanish them if you immediately input up-b after the tech.

It is consistent.

Here, I intentionally drop down into the Falcon's up-special to set up the KO.

Last edited:

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
Didn't think this deserved a new thread, but I thought I'd share this here. I've been doing this for awhile, but I'm unsure how many Sheiks know about it. If you stage tech a Falcon's up-b, you are put into a position to vanish them if you immediately input up-b after the tech.

It is consistent.

Here, I intentionally drop down into the Falcon's up-special to set up the KO.

I am currently working on a thread involving this. Should be up and looking fancy in a week or two. Just getting GIFs happening.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
For all of those who still remember me I just want to say I'm sorry for suddenly disappearing. I do not wish to go into the exact details but I fell into a deep depression and when I finally realize just how long it had been since I visited this glorious site I was too ashamed to show my face here.

I'm not 'back' and please don't make a big deal about this post. Afterall I was just a Sheik enthusiast.

Once again I'm sorry for being childish.

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
For all of those who still remember me I just want to say I'm sorry for suddenly disappearing. I do not wish to go into the exact details but I fell into a deep depression and when I finally realize just how long it had been since I visited this glorious site I was too ashamed to show my face here.

I'm not 'back' and please don't make a big deal about this post. Afterall I was just a Sheik enthusiast.

Once again I'm sorry for being childish.
it's fine lad, so long as you're not dead

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
For all the young sheiks around here I suggest you give Tristan_win your worship and respect. Before he left he almost single-handedly carried the Sheik boards on his back.
Good to have you back man.

AlphaOmega2000

Smash Rookie
NNID
AlphaFireOmegaTA
3DS FC
0705-3112-0821
Hey can you guys add me to the Sheik skype group? Look up Matt[AlphaFireOmega] it will have a picture of Itachi

Top Bottom