• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[[Hyper Viper Beam]]MWC Event in Ann Arbor, MI [[Nov. 7-8]]

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Since I was totally out of commission during the singles tournament because of a migraine, I apologize if I seemed totally estranged during it all. Even though my tournament showing was next-to-nothing, I might as well give some shoutouts.

SamuraiPanda - SO proud of you for the placing! Wish I was there to have seen it. All your hard work seems to be paying off!

Anther - It's always a pleasure to talk to you, even if it's joking about what will jinx your doubles placement...sorry about that, dude...anyway, it's been far too long since we've Brawled, I think that will have to change some Thursday in the future.

Joshu - It was great meeting you! Nice to put a face behind an SBR name. In fact, M3D had offered naming our latest podcast segment with Brawl Debates..."Joshu Me Your News"...maybe it has more consideration now? haha

Blood Hawk - Thanks for all the friendlies, you seem like a really chill dude! Great to meet the other half of BloodPanda!

lain - Despite all the difficulties along the way, you seemed to pull together a really nice tournament! Kudos!!

Azure - Although I didn't get to actually meet you, it was impressive how you were tearing things up! Go to more tournaments, cuz you're already off to a far better start than so many of us!

Overswarm - Needs moar MK pwnage. Thanks for showing how feeble I am with the whorenado. It was strangely...fun? Great meeting you, regardless.

AlphaZealot - Thanks SO much for going out of your way to come out here this weekend! It was awesome meeting you, talking Survivor, MLG, and the like. And thanks for the display of Diddy-nanner-silliness...very impressive, man.

rofa - I apologize I couldn't help with filming at all, but it seemed like your friend had things taken care of. Hope you got some great shots! Seemed like you went through a tough singles draw.

jv3x3 - The reason I came out to this event was to meet with you personally, no question there. And I've got to say I'm glad I showed - it was an honor to talk with someone who means so much to the Midwest community and now the Smash community as a whole. We'll definitely have to keep in touch in the future regarding...business? Thanks for being so open to the podcast idea! And thanks for the matches, although I apologize for doing counter-picking wrong, hahaha.

JCav - It was great talking with you; I don't think we ever really did at the WAAA events. Impressive Wolf dude, keep up the great work!

Kel - It's unfortunate I was so out of it when we had our matches, but I appreciate you putting up with it. I've got to say I was thoroughly impressed watching your other Brawl (and especially your Melee) matches!

Mr. E - Thanks for coming out! It was good to see you again for the first time since the Pandafest!

onewingedangel/Cha0s Finale - I can't thank you guys ENOUGH for taking me back home. I really needed meds and rest...so I truly appreciate it. Although the adventure was certainly fun - dark narrow roads to North Campus to Central Campus has never been more daunting, lol. Hopefully you guys found US-23 all right and got back safely.

Good ****, all! :)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If I'm wrong about these characters, someone correct me.

1: Anther (Pikachu)
2: SamuraiPanda (Snake/Marth)
3: Joshu (King Dedede)
4: Blood Hawk (Lucario)
5: Needle of Juntah (Mr. Game & Watch)
5: Hot Arms (Snake)
7: lain (Ice Climbers/King Dedede)
7: Ding Dong (Meta Knight)

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
If I'm wrong about these characters, someone correct me.

1: Anther (Pikachu)
2: SamuraiPanda (Snake/Marth)
3: Joshu (King Dedede)
4: Blood Hawk (Lucario)
5: Needle of Juntah (Mr. Game & Watch)
5: Hot Arms (Snake)
7: lain (Ice Climbers/King Dedede)
7: Ding Dong (Meta Knight)
I used Snake only. Although technically I used other characters here and there, and the grand finals were random as hell, but for the most part I just used Snake.

_Azure_

Smash Journeyman
Shoutout's

Lain- Crazy dude. lol. I was so ****ing afraid of getting the ol' 0-death. Thanks for hosting.
Jcav- Really nice to see another familiar face. Helped me loosen up a bit. I tried my best on every game thinking "What will Jcav say if I won?"
PyromaniacNick- Thanks partner. Sorry we got spanked in teams. Try to work on those suicides.
ANTHER- ****! I didn't know what to do. Your such a nice guy though. I left that game feeling like it was ok to lose to the king. :p (Didn't get 2 stocked!)
Overswarm- Thanks for recording. Your a lot nicer than i thought you would be from your posts. Thanks for recording.
JKBUK- Good seeing you again. I unfortunately couldn't get my revenge. :p
HotArms/Dingdong/Jacob- Good ish on beating OS/fun friendlies/lolololololol.
Bloodhawk- ****! How do I beat Lucario? I need more experience. Great games man.
Ankoku- Why can't i beat you!?!? ggs.
SamuraiPanda- Really nice guy. I learned some from watching your Snake. Thnx for teh yummay pizza. :D
Mr.E- I'm a D**K huh? -_-
Kel- You so would have beaten me that first game if Snake's fsmash didn't kill you at like 20. ggs. (lol melee)
Anther(again)- Love you. :p
Joshu- Good set. Your a really nice guy. Grats on third.
Mann- Lol. Good ish beating Lain. Tell him 0-death doesn't shake you!
Dr.X- Darn that mirror.
DBK- Holy **** are you like 7 feet tall? No matter. Your a really good Diddy and you two stocked my little monkey.
JV- Nice guy. Crazy DK.
ANTHER- lawl Sonic.
Bloodhawk- Lucario D:
Bucket- Your pretty crazy. I was scared playing our games.
Viper- Crazy crazy nice. Thanks for all the friendlies.

Anyone i missed I'm sorry. Remind me and I'll get you your sentence or two shout out.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
**** you guys you were all sooo lucky i was under a knife instead of being there i wouldof ****ed you all up ;)

how did things turn out?

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
im so pissed i couldnt go sounds like this was ****'in sweet well ill see most of u at GYGO the 22nd

dingding

Smash Ace
fun tourney.. shoutouts-

hot_arms-sexy beast
lain-nice tourney u ran, that was mad fun
azure-the next best smasher, 1 of the best mks
OS-nice mk dittos, mindgamed me to much
joel-nice seeing u
mann-grrrr ggs in doubles, u ***** me and hot arms on last game
viper-best kirby, u shuda stuck with kirby, u might have beaten me
wixomz-no johns =P
AZ-best diddy kong
rofa-ur mk is ****
anther-is anther..
ankoku-shoulda stayed
joshu-sry for that mk B button spam.. only way I knew how to play against D3
jacob k-ggs
kel-wdf..
chaos finale-ggs
Panda-nice on getting 2nd, and nice on getting like 20 pizzas =)

overall fun tournament, ggs to every 1

Cha0s Finale

Smash Cadet
Well, my placing is kinda depressing, but I had a great time playing. Especially all the friendlies. So, I guess ill do a couple shoutouts as well.

Youko - No problem for the ride, it seemed like you really needed to get some rest as I did. Headaches suck. But yeah, we eventually found our way back to US-23. Took a little while though. :laugh:
Panda - It was nice to meet you. I want moar friendlies next time though. Only one as soon as we got to your apartment wasnt enough! Good stuff on getting 2nd btw. :)
Azure - WTF. You completely destroyed me....I was not expecting that. GGs man, next time im gonna guess youll do better than 9th. Insane...
Dingdong - grrrr....I dont like Metaknight. GGs though. :)
The group I was playing friendlies with before singles started - Fun stuff. Those matches showed me that I should start using Fox alot more.
lain - U is crazy dude. Haha, but yeah....it was nice meeting you. Crazy ICs too. Nice job on hosting the tournament, ran a little slow but otherwise it was great.
Anther - Sonic is too good. Thanks for those Sonic dittos. Fun stuff.
Everyone else is my singles pool - WTFSnakes. I was not expecting so many Snakes, and I guess I got beat because of it. Next time, I hope ill be ready for em. Good thing I was playing a character that couldnt get chaingrabbed by Joshus Dedede. Even though he still beat me too. :laugh:
Everyone else - GGs. :)

Hopefully, next time Ill do a little better. Had a blast.

_Azure_

Smash Journeyman
...Oh, yeah that. I was just kidding around about you playing MK, don't take it seriously man. You called OS a nice guy in the same post and he hates MK, that isn't fair at all. :(
I wasn't talking about the Meta thing. Remember I death grabbed your Lucas with Marth? :p

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You're talkin' like lain.

lain, give me the tio file or something. I need it.

Shurk

Smash Cadet
Wow.
It's DragoonBlack: Diddy Main
I got rocked, but that tourney was fun as hell.
Hopefully somethin like that happens again real soon ha ha

I only got like three shout outs sorry :(

SamuraiPanda: You trickz me with your DK playin, then whoopin me with Snake, good times tho ha ha
Azure: Holy **** kid, Def prodigy in the makin
AlphaZealot: Diddy Dittos? Good times definitely goin to work on dribbling tho :dizzy::

_Azure_

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... Can I tell people i don't main MK? I just use him on chars that Snake isn't too hot playing. I'm gonna start using Diddy too, sooner or later.

Shurk

Smash Cadet
Hmm... Can I tell people i don't main MK? I just use him on chars that Snake isn't too hot playing. I'm gonna start using Diddy too, sooner or later.
Oh rly? Well then a highlight for me is beating you're Diddy in Dittos..then losing to all your other characters ha ha

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If you win matches with MK, and play MK to win at points when you normally can't, I would have to say you main MK.

In other words, if you use your "counterpick character" for matches that you can't win with your "main," but whenever you're beating someone with your "main" you can beat him with your "counterpick character" anyway, it's much more likely that you actually main that "counterpick character."

_Azure_

Smash Journeyman
Well, I use Snake in MM's. The only reason why I used Snake on Anther Joshu AZ and Bloodhawk is because.

I hate nanners on Snake.
Lol, D3 Chain grab. 6-4 on Snake
Pikachu = 6-4 on Snake
I don't play Lucario's normally. So i used Snake. He beat Snake. I used MK. He beat me again. BH is just better than me.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
If you win matches with MK, and play MK to win at points when you normally can't, I would have to say you main MK.

In other words, if you use your "counterpick character" for matches that you can't win with your "main," but whenever you're beating someone with your "main" you can beat him with your "counterpick character" anyway, it's much more likely that you actually main that "counterpick character."
qoute for truth

everyone now mains metaknight.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Meta Knight takes a certain skill that I can't replicate, so no.

Joshu

BRoomer
BRoomer
Everyone I beat: Oh man, those were some crazy matches! I can't believe that one thing happened in that one match or else you might have had me! That's smash for you though, anything can happen. Keep practicing and maybe next time you can beat me!

Everyone who beat me: Oh man, those were some crazy matches! I can't believe that one thing happened in that one match or else I might have had you! That's smash for you though, anything can happen. I'll keep practicing and maybe next time I'll beat you!

Everyone I didn't play: Oh man, I can't believe we didn't get to play at all again! We'll totally have to make sure to play at the next tournament!

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Oh Joshu, you so crazy! That's okay, I don't need you to whoop on me again, you have to wait at the end of the line.

I wasn't talking about the Meta thing. Remember I death grabbed your Lucas with Marth? :p
Ah, okay. Well, that is a **** thing to do in friendlies. :p You didn't even do it right anyway. Maybe purposely, which would make you not-a-****...

Man, fookin Diddy.

_Azure_

Smash Journeyman
Everyone I beat: Oh man, those were some crazy matches! I can't believe that one thing happened in that one match or else you might have had me! That's smash for you though, anything can happen. Keep practicing and maybe next time you can beat me!

Everyone who beat me: Oh man, those were some crazy matches! I can't believe that one thing happened in that one match or else I might have had you! That's smash for you though, anything can happen. I'll keep practicing and maybe next time I'll beat you!

Everyone I didn't play: Oh man, I can't believe we didn't get to play at all again! We'll totally have to make sure to play at the next tournament!

I know! I can't believe that one thing. Maybe you would have gotten me if that other thing didn't happen though. Good set anyway. **** that one thing. I hate when that one thing happens.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Who did I play in Melee? Kel and that other dude... was it you, Doctor X?

I played Brawl friendlies with AlphaZealot, Azure, rofa, JKBuK, and SamuraiPanda. I'll come up with actual shoutouts for you people later.

Top Bottom