• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hylian Hellfire: The Zelda Alliance

blueriku

Smash Journeyman
@darkmusician when i get a wii(which is hard to get for some reason) and brawl comes out if its possible i want you 1v1 you online....Zelda dittos wow to epic i can see fire every where and lighting kicks fyling like its going out of style lol but you pretty much that only zelda player ive seen so far that i enjoyed watching most other zelda players was too frustrating to watch...

Darkmusician

Smash Master
@darkmusician when i get a wii(which is hard to get for some reason) and brawl comes out if its possible i want you 1v1 you online....Zelda dittos wow to epic i can see fire every where and lighting kicks fyling like its going out of style lol but you pretty much that only zelda player ive seen so far that i enjoyed watching most other zelda players was too frustrating to watch...
Sure thing! I used to dislike Zelda dittos in melee, but I think I'm going to enjoy them more now. Thank you very much. I am honored by your words. :]

Luthien

Smash Ace
I've been browsing the boards for a while, and it seems every other board has a clan for their main. Some of them have allies and rivals. Could we perhaps do the same? Perhaps we ought to be allies with the Link clan, given our main's history and all that. Just a thought.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, I love the idea of having allies and rivals. Link would definitely be a good choice the question is would they want to be allies with us? For rivals maybe Peach I dunno, no particular reason you know just because hehe.

Yay new topic. Hmmm, what do I do when I play as Zelda? It depends on the opponent cause it is hard to kick Fox if the player is running and jumping all over the place. Also those **** flip kicks I hate them. Anyway usually I try to use all her moves as much as I can some more then others ;). Oh, and a lot of jumping off the stage to either kick or dair so they can't get back. While I safely (most of the time) Farore's Wind to the edge. I love doing that.

Luthien

Smash Ace
Oh, right. There's a discussion topic. My bad. >.>

Marth is my worst match-up. I have trouble approaching him with everything. When I play him, I just wait around for my chance then pray a shuffled fair will sweetspot.

Against Fox I tend to get a little Naryu's Love happy. I enjoy using the invincibility frames and connecting with only the last crystal, which has all the knockback. Outside of that, I just u-throu -> bair/fair. Pretty much the same with Falco.

Ganondorf is my favourite matchup. I play against him most, so I get the most adventurous with my playstyle. I tend to grab a lot more and f-smash a lot more with him. And I'm never afraid to use Din's Fire if he's a decent distance away. :]

Overall, the only moves I don't tend to use are nair and uair. I've come to be a very aggressive edgeguarder, to a fault. I usually make it back after jumping out for a fair or a dair (favourite move :]), but sometimes... yeah, it doesn't work out. I've been trying to find uses for dair over the stage, but not much has worked out. Sometimes I can trick my opponent into shorthopping into the spike when right by the edge. That's always satisfying. I'm still messing around.

Mediator

Smash Journeyman
now that we are on rivals can i just say i hate star fox and falco with such a passion that they are my rivals.
Oh! and the mario crew

and if i had to choose an ally it would have to be samus/zamus now that she knows what its like to be nerfed and all

and i dont know about link i think i would trust gannon over link any day b/c he always does what that fairy tells him to do.

just kidden we can ally link lol

for give the spelling im tiered lol

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Fiddle with it on your own, and memorize the distances. Oh, and Blink, if you happen to know the exact stuff, let me know. I'm too lazy to go figure it out.
Surprisingly enough, I did start trying to get exact measurements, but quickly came to my senses and realized how pointless it would be. Now that you've prodded me though, I might go back and do it anyway ;).

Some of them have allies and rivals. Could we perhaps do the same?
Not exactly sure what this entails. What would we do with "allies" and "rivals"?

Marth is my worst match-up. I have trouble approaching him with everything.
Ditto. I've honestly never been able to come up with any strategy against him: just throw crap around and hope for the best. Don't even bother to FW on the ground as usual, with all his ridiculous chasing.

Ganondorf is my favourite matchup. I play against him most, so I get the most adventurous with my playstyle. I tend to grab a lot more and f-smash a lot more with him. And I'm never afraid to use Din's Fire if he's a decent distance away. :]
Once again, same. If we don't stop agreeing on everything, I'll start to get worried. He and G&W are the only character's I'll really get "aggressive" against (G&W's wide falling animation and light frame are just asking for Lightning Kicks).

Overall, the only moves I don't tend to use are nair and uair.
Ah, there we are. Something we do differently ;). I use Uair quite a lot, and have been using L-Cancelled Nair's recently when I'm too close the opponent and the ground to do much of anything else (only for the stun from the first hit: no point trying to do more than that).

Darkmusician said:
That Fire Juggling is real.
Schweeeet.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
Our rivals could be marth. swordsman vs. magicians
our allies could be wolf or snake.
Our rivalry with Marth would be based more on who looks better with a tiara :p. Only kidding...sorta hehe, though I like the allies you suggested more so Snake.

Wait, so does anyone know exactly how this whole thing works out? We just go over to other character boards and ask nicely. Then what, we plan team battles or are they just there to be called allies and rivals? Actually team battles would be pretty fun but I dunno.

Luthien

Smash Ace
Surprisingly enough, I did start trying to get exact measurements, but quickly came to my senses and realized how pointless it would be. Now that you've prodded me though, I might go back and do it anyway ;).
Hehe... yeah, I can see it now. "Advance Farore's Wind Analysis: By Blink". That's hilarious.

Not exactly sure what this entails. What would we do with "allies" and "rivals"?
With Wifi, I'm guessing you could do a bunch of stuff. Generally, I'm pretty sure we'd just trashtalk each other if we see each other around the boards, but I can picture constant challenges between rivals and team matches with allies and such. It could become a mini-war, only Smashified. Just thinking.

Once again, same. If we don't stop agreeing on everything, I'll start to get worried. He and G&W are the only character's I'll really get "aggressive" against (G&W's wide falling animation and light frame are just asking for Lightning Kicks).
That's what I love about Ganondorf. He's so big. Easy kick targets FTW. And many of his attacks leave him vulnerable ('cept for that stupid jab. >.>). Missed l-cancels are particularly fun to punish.

Ah, there we are. Something we do differently ;). I use Uair quite a lot, and have been using L-Cancelled Nair's recently when I'm too close the opponent and the ground to do much of anything else (only for the stun from the first hit: no point trying to do more than that).
Seriously? I can hardly ever find a way to cram uair into my playstyle. I kind of like to keep the opponent at my height or slightly higher, but never above me (u-smash too unreliable, u-tilt too slow). And never directly below me. Sometimes I try to get of a ledgehopped Uair if my opponent's percentage is more than 100%, but that's about it. Nair I can understand though. I was a little hesitant to put it in.

Wait, so does anyone know exactly how this whole thing works out? We just go over to other character boards and ask nicely. Then what, we plan team battles or are they just there to be called allies and rivals? Actually team battles would be pretty fun but I dunno.
I'm assuming our clan leader (where's Hippy, anyway?) goes over to their threads and notifies (for rivals) or politely asks (for allies). I'm thinking Hippy is the clan leader, no? Maybe we'll settle that after the Zelda tournament... at any rate, this'll all settle out once everyone gets their hands on Brawl.

CCC07

Smash Apprentice
Our rivalry with Marth would be based more on who looks better with a tiara :p. Only kidding...sorta hehe, though I like the allies you suggested more so Snake.

Our rivalry with Marth would be based more on who looks better with a tiara; lol:laugh:

yeah they did make him look more like a girl this time around.

i guess we just go over to their theard and ask.:confused:

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Oi, oi, oi.
Hippy is here. :D
I've had quite the weekend.
Friday, I had a Wii Party, which just entails friends coming over. I played Smash Bros. with them. :] It was fun but I didn't really get much practice out of it.
Saturday, I went to a friend's party.
Sunday, I was working all day on a five page essay over "Lord of the Flies".

But I'm here now.
And if you all would like to establish alliances with other groups, I'd be sure to lead the way for that.
That is, if you'd like me to.
Whatever, I think it'd be a great idea.
Just submit an idea and It'll be taken into consideration.

And Zelda vs. Marth for better tiara HAS to happen.
BTW, I have a friend who's getting Brawl early.
If he does end up having his Wii Party, I could be playing it sometime soon.
I'll be sure to let you guys in on the rest of the story if something happens.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
Our rivalry with Marth would be based more on who looks better with a tiara; lol:laugh:

yeah they did make him look more like a girl this time around.

i guess we just go over to their theard and ask.:confused:
lol. Yeah, I agree Marth is even more feminine I didn't even think that was possible. Though what can you do? Guess it's not entirely his fault and it doesn't seem to affect his ability to fight. :bee:

Yeah i'm quite confused as well. I guess waiting it out should help clear up the confusion.

What's up Hippy was wondering where you been. Got worried thought you abandoned us :p.
Yeah, definitely lead the way you are the creater of this alliance :D. So do you have any ideas on how it works or who we should align with and rival against?

Luthien

Smash Ace
Oi, oi, oi.
Sucker. I don't have to do that for a year. Hah.

But I'm here now.
And if you all would like to establish alliances with other groups, I'd be sure to lead the way for that.
We may wanna take into consideration who's allies with who already. For example, Peach's clan is allied with Ganondorf's clan, so we can't be allies with hers and rivals with Ganondorf's. We should probalby check to see if Marth is allies with Link if we try to be rivals with him (tiara joke = awesome) and try to form an alliance with Link.

I now loathe you. Congradulations.

CCC07

Smash Apprentice
Oi, oi, oi.
I've had quite the weekend.
Friday, I had a Wii Party, which just entails friends coming over. I played Smash Bros. with them. :] It was fun but I didn't really get much practice out of it.
Saturday, I went to a friend's party.

But I'm here now.

And Zelda vs. Marth for better tiara HAS to happen.
I feel your pain. I had a college paper due monday. I pulled an all nighter working on it.:urg:

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
What's up Hippy was wondering where you been. Got worried thought you abandoned us :p.
Yeah, definitely lead the way you are the creater of this alliance :D. So do you have any ideas on how it works or who we should align with and rival against?
I would never abandon you all and this alliance.
I've put to much time into this and I know everyone's been enjoying it so I can't possibly do that. I guess we can ally Link. I mean, it only makes sense. Other than the obvious, I would like to see us ally Samus/Zamus. S to Z transformers should group together don't you think?

Sucker. I don't have to do that for a year. Hah.
Hehe, I didn't mention that it was double spaced and I used Century gothic, the biggest font known to man.

We may wanna take into consideration who's allies with who already. For example, Peach's clan is allied with Ganondorf's clan, so we can't be allies with hers and rivals with Ganondorf's. We should probalby check to see if Marth is allies with Link if we try to be rivals with him (tiara joke = awesome) and try to form an alliance with Link.
I say we rival them both. :]
Link is really the only person I can see us ally.
That's just me though.
You have made your point Luthien.

I now loathe you. Congradulations.
I did say maybe. :p
If I do, I'll make sure to remember you when I'm playing :]]]

I feel your pain. I had a college paper due monday. I pulled an all nighter working on it.:urg:
It wasn't that bad. I woke up at 8 AM and finished by 10:30 PM. Don't worry, I wasn't working straight throughout the whole day. I took MANY breaks. :]
Sorry that you had to do that though. :/

Luthien

Smash Ace
Hehe, I didn't mention that it was double spaced and I used Century gothic, the biggest font known to man.
Yeah, that was just a tiny detail you left out there.

I say we rival them both. :]
Link is really the only person I can see us ally.
That's just me though.
You have made your point Luthien.
I dunno. I think a princess ally thing would be cool. But I also would like to team up with Ganon; I like him. I also want to go with Ike. The only one I don't want us to go with is...

...you know what, I stopped caring just now. ^^; I suppose Zelda could just be a pacifist and not degrade herself into joining this immature rivalry, but then, I may just need an Aftereight fix. Point: Ignore me.

I did say maybe. :p
If I do, I'll make sure to remember you when I'm playing :]]]
I'll be with you in spirit. Supporting your opponent, and praying for you ultimate demise. >:]

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Yeah, that was just a tiny detail you left out there.
I have to admit - it was intentional.
Just glad to have gotten my point across.

I dunno. I think a princess ally thing would be cool. But I also would like to team up with Ganon; I like him. I also want to go with Ike. The only one I don't want us to go with is...

...you know what, I stopped caring just now. ^^; I suppose Zelda could just be a pacifist and not degrade herself into joining this immature rivalry, but then, I may just need an Aftereight fix. Point: Ignore me.
Meh. I don't like Peach nearly enough to want to form some sort of alliance with her. But that's not up to me. If you all want to, it would be great. Ganon - as much as I like him - I think it'd be so much cooler if he and Zelda were rivals. Meh. I guess it's up to everyone to decide now Luthy. Hehe, I just gave you a nick name. >:] Point made.

I'll be with you in spirit. Supporting your opponent, and praying for you ultimate demise. >:]
And inside, I will be laughing, embracing the fact that you will watch in fear as I demolish everyone that dares stealing my win. :D

I really cant see peach as an allies b/c peach and ganon are allies.
I hate swordsman so i say we lighting kick marth up the *** p.s. though
he might like that. lol
EDIT: Oh wow. I can't believe how mentally disturbed that just made me :/
But, that was clever. :]

CCC07

Smash Apprentice
I really cant see peach as an allies b/c peach and ganon are allies.
he might like that. lol

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
I would never abandon you all and this alliance.
I've put to much time into this and I know everyone's been enjoying it so I can't possibly do that. I guess we can ally Link. I mean, it only makes sense. Other than the obvious, I would like to see us ally Samus/Zamus. S to Z transformers should group together don't you think?
Woot! Didn't think you would it's too awesome, your too awesome, everyone's too awesome :D. Anyway Yeah i'm definitely in with Link becoming one of our allies. I wouldn't mind Samus/ZSS either.

he might like that. lol
Woah! Uhhhhhhh O_o.......:laugh:

I'm really not to fond of becoming allies with Peach can't say i'm a fan. I always sorta thought they had a little rivaly going on being Nintendo princessess and all. Aside from the courage triforce holder I like the idea of being allies with Ike, Snake, or Pit. What do you guys/gals think about them?

Oh yeah, and I like the idea of a rivalry between Peach, Ganondorf, or tiara boy Marth.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Ah, I would but those requirements seems to be more than I can handle.

-Onyx
Although I have never had anyone say that, I respect your decision on not joining. :/
It's your loss though! :p

Woot! Didn't think you would it's too awesome, your too awesome, everyone's too awesome :D. Anyway Yeah i'm definitely in with Link becoming one of our allies. I wouldn't mind Samus/ZSS either.
Yes, yes, We're all just one big awesome group of awesomeness. :]
I guess we can decide more on allies tomorrow, later on, when more people are here to decide on who we're picking.

Woah! Uhhhhhhh O_o.......:laugh:
I had that exact same reaction. :p

I'm really not to fond of becoming allies with Peach can't say i'm a fan. I always sorta thought they had a little rivaly going on being Nintendo princessess and all. Aside from the courage triforce holder I like the idea of being allies with Ike, Snake, or Pit. What do you guys/gals think about them?

Oh yeah, and I like the idea of a rivalry between Peach, Ganondorf, or tiara boy Marth.
I actually like all of your ideas here spAzn. :]
Not only would Zelda and Snake seem totally comical, I'd love it. :]
The other two seem like good choices as well, for allies that is.
And I agree with your rival choices. ;]

Which brings to my attention:
What do you think Snake's Codec about Zelda will be about?
I really would like to see what it entails.

20 more days until Brawl! :D

chuigarza

Smash Rookie
I would love us to be allies to pit, samus and snake...and i'd also love to be enemies of the all the star fox characters, and obviously princess peach...i mean, there's only space for one princess in that roster! and that should be Zelda =P

and about the snake codec...maybe he falls in love, talks about her beauty, magical abilities or something xD although there is a video in youtube which has all the codecs, including Zelda's, but i cant read japanese so maybe a translator in the alliance would come up handy

and YES! 20 days for brawl...i cant wait any longer!

Mediator

Smash Journeyman
ok first off are you guys talking about cp marth or player controlled marth with the wave dashing and stuff

and whats with marths invincibility frames when he throws you! soab!

and i stick by my choice of alliance

samus!

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
I actually like all of your ideas here spAzn. :]
Not only would Zelda and Snake seem totally comical, I'd love it. :]
The other two seem like good choices as well, for allies that is.
And I agree with your rival choices. ;]
Yay! I agree Zelda and Snake would make a very interesting team I love it. Cause two awesome characters=crazy awesomeness that no one can deny :p. Maybe I should go dig up that one picture of Snake and Zelda.

Which brings to my attention:
What do you think Snake's Codec about Zelda will be about?
I really would like to see what it entails.

20 more days until Brawl! :D
Hmmm i'm not to sure about the codec convo. I expect some talk about her being a magical princess and such. Oh, and maybe some talk on how she looks. Seeing it's Snake he would definitely comment on something like that hehe. Wish I could translate the japanese one, I should of paid more attention in japanese class. Well, can't wait for the english version really curious on what he say's about most of the characters. While David Hayter's voice will make them much more epic.

Omg, yes 20 more days I cannot wait it's finally getting here. Woooooooo!

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
It was sarcasm, but I roam around these boards and like to use my self made signatures so I don't fall within those requirements.

-Onyx

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I expect Snake to be a sleazeball in the Conversations, and for Sakurai to bring up Zelda's cliche Princess roles. Something like:

Mei Ling: This is Zelda Snake. The Princess of Hyrule. She is often kidnapped by Ganondorf.

Snake: I can see why he'd want to kidnap her...

With some other witty banter thrown in.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
Name: Kevin (I'd prefer to be referred to as Ledger on the boards though)

Preference: Zelda (duh)

Why I should be allowed into the Alliance: I'm a dedicated Zelda fan, I'm too spiteful of Sheik to use her, and I have nothing better to do that mull about SWF on my free time while I wait for Brawl to come out ^_^. Of course, once the game comes out, I'm going to STILL be mulling about looking for new discoveries and techniques to further my game. I never bothered to learn to be seriously competitive in Melee, but I hope to change that by educating myself as much about Brawl as possible. Plus, I love to help out and share what I know and find, and it's nice to do that in such a dedicated and supportive environment.

Oh, and if it needed to be said, Zelda is a freaking BAMF, and you'd be crazy to not play as her XD

Favorite Color (Costume): Blue (I wish the black costume came with brunette hair...)

CCC07

Smash Apprentice
I expect Snake to be a sleazeball in the Conversations, and for Sakurai to bring up Zelda's cliche Princess roles. Something like:

Mei Ling: This is Zelda Snake. The Princess of Hyrule. She is often kidnapped by Ganondorf.

that sounds about right

Luthien

Smash Ace
It was sarcasm, but I roam around these boards and like to use my self made signatures so I don't fall within those requirements.

-Onyx
No no no. You're going about it all wrong. Sign up and keep your signature anyway. Nobody notices if you don't say anything...

Don't worry Hippy. I'll get to adding the tag once a smaller version appears, and I'm not incredibly lazy.

blueriku

Smash Journeyman
we should have an alliance with link(duh) samus/zamus, ike, snake, and rivals with peach, ganon and captain falcon (zelda kick>knee)

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Yay! I agree Zelda and Snake would make a very interesting team I love it. Cause two awesome characters=crazy awesomeness that no one can deny :p. Maybe I should go dig up that one picture of Snake and Zelda.
Undeniably true. :]

Hmmm i'm not to sure about the codec convo. I expect some talk about her being a magical princess and such. Oh, and maybe some talk on how she looks. Seeing it's Snake he would definitely comment on something like that hehe. Wish I could translate the japanese one, I should of paid more attention in japanese class. Well, can't wait for the english version really curious on what he say's about most of the characters. While David Hayter's voice will make them much more epic.

Omg, yes 20 more days I cannot wait it's finally getting here. Woooooooo!
Yeah, I figure you're right. David Hayter's voice will make it amazing. That is worth waiting for the English Version.

I see it happening. Snake does seem to be a pervert on some of these codecs (see ZSS).

Name: Kevin (I'd prefer to be referred to as Ledger on the boards though)

Preference: Zelda (duh)

Why I should be allowed into the Alliance: I'm a dedicated Zelda fan, I'm too spiteful of Sheik to use her, and I have nothing better to do that mull about SWF on my free time while I wait for Brawl to come out ^_^. Of course, once the game comes out, I'm going to STILL be mulling about looking for new discoveries and techniques to further my game. I never bothered to learn to be seriously competitive in Melee, but I hope to change that by educating myself as much about Brawl as possible. Plus, I love to help out and share what I know and find, and it's nice to do that in such a dedicated and supportive environment.

Oh, and if it needed to be said, Zelda is a freaking BAMF, and you'd be crazy to not play as her XD

Favorite Color (Costume): Blue (I wish the black costume came with brunette hair...)
Glad to see some new people coming in.
Thank you for your submission. :D
Welcome to Hylian Hellfire: the Zelda Alliance!

No no no. You're going about it all wrong. Sign up and keep your signature anyway. Nobody notices if you don't say anything...

Don't worry Hippy. I'll get to adding the tag once a smaller version appears, and I'm not incredibly lazy.
You can do that. It's not like anyone does what they're supposed to in this thread. Do I have to mention the once hopeful Voting Booth?

Which is something else I needed to bring up.
Is anyone ever going to submit an idea for the tag? The one I have is supposed to be temporary.

we should have an alliance with link(duh) samus/zamus, ike, snake, and rivals with peach, ganon and captain falcon (zelda kick>knee)
I've never though about a Kick vs. Knee thing.
Nice idea. :]

Seriously. I don't think anybody will notice.

Hi Hippy :)
Oh honestly. It's not like it matters.
Hi Drake3333threethreethree!

SSSssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Hey Drake. Haven't seen you around lately.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNvbPzSTpPI

Drake3

Smash Ace
Yeah, I somehow managed to start off reading week with a bang and 0 spare time. I also ran into a few old Smash friends today and I just had to challenge them to a few matches. It was fun. I also heard that one of my old friends in Kingston has gotten very good at Smash (and his room-mates) so I'll be Wifi-ng him (them) whenever we get Brawl.

Speaking of which. Has watching Brawl vids gotten boring for anybody else? Like, it was fun when we didn't know anything, but I think it's just time for the game now.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Back when The **** Staff was... worth something, I made a tag for it and didn't even use it :p

I like my sovereignty.

-Onyx

Top Bottom