• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hylian Hellfire: The Zelda Alliance

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
thanks hipsterkid oh and about the art its cool just let me know when ever and ill post something of zelda later tonight or tomorrow :)
I'll be looking forward to your pictures. :]

Name:Mediator
Preference (Zelda or Sheik): ZELDA
Why you be allowed into the Alliance:Zelda has taken my breath away since the first time i saw her in play and has captivated me ever since. I play as Zelda 92.5% of the time, and I have angry siblings to prove it.
Favorite Color (Costume): in melee I love the red and in brawl i love the red and black

can you do something with these

"magic is in the hands of the beholder"

"teach me power"

and my idea for the Alliance name:

"The Realm of Wisdom"
Thank you for your submission.
Welcome to the Zelda Alliance.
About the names and quotes, we'll try using them if we can, however, it is up to the members to fully decide if we can use them. We can certainly vote on it.

I've been thinking: for the sig, instead of saying: "Proud member of Zelda Alliance (or whatever)", how about a clever slogan we can be recognized with? Example:

"We BAir because we care"
...................... /\
....................../_\
...................../l\ /\
..................../llll\/_\

Yes, I know that triforce isn't exactly Pappioll quality, but you get the gist. It would probably also need to be formated artistically.

Just throwing that out there.
Well, the decision on tag or signature has yet to be decided. I wouldn't mind using that but I think light arrows, light bow would be better because at least that is recognizable to Zelda only. Triforce is a bit vague, doncha think?

how about

"need a fix? Lighting Kicks!"

"We Dare to Dair"

"sharing the love, with Nayru's love"

"taking you higher with Din's fire"

"We cleanse with Farore's wind"
Heh, wow. Those are pretty clever.

Uhuhuh! You need to SIGN UP before suggesting anything.

...silly Drake...

Haha Luthien, you make me laugh. That extra 3 at the end was quite an add.

Name: Twilight X
Preference: Zelda
Why should I be in the Alliance: Because Zelda has been my main since I got Melee in December of 01. Also because that she has always been my favorite Nintendo character.
Favorite Color: Green
Thank you for your submission, Twilight.
Welcome to the Zelda Alliance. :D

So a tag or something small, something simple, alone the lines of this maybe?

Just something that can be placed in the corner of the signature area or next to, so any member is easy to indentify with a glance.

direct link :

http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg20/PwnyRide/?action=view&current=TriforceofWisdomforsiggy.jpg

Of course it can be resized and whatnot to miniscule size, although im not a wizz when it comes to the technical side of image programs, it was made on Adobe Illustrator and saved in JPEG through photoshop. The reason i provide this information is to ask, is there a way i can get rid of the white background? :confused:
That was quite the picture. I like it. We can use it.. if everyone votes on it. Then again, NO ONE VOTES.

Thanks for submitting me and the compliment.:)

Alright, so for the sig you want me to add her FS? Hipster, I swear you can read my mind I was about to make a sig with that included. Oh yeah, and I actually found a great quality video of it wooooo.

So aside from the FS added exactly how do you want this sig? Wait, actually i'm sorta confused do I make individual sigs for everyone with the logo Luthien suggested and, make a sig representing this alliance as a whole with the FS gif you (Hipster) suggested?
Actually, I just got an idea. How about just a tag. However, in this tag, it shows Zelda using her final smash. After it happens, we can have a picture of a triforce like the one that PwnyRide has submitted. Right by that triforce can be the name of our group, whatever it may be. That way Zelda is recognized, the triforce is used, and it's only a tag. I'm still not sure what's wanted. Sorry for being so imprecise spAzn. :/

I'm comin', I'm comin'.

Name: blink777
Preference (Zelda or Sheik): Zelda
Why you be allowed into the Alliance (one - two sentences, no sarcasm please :]): Because after years of failure, I still try to do ground-to-ground mindgames with Farore's Wind. That and I spent who knows how much time in the Zelda subforums, talking about Zelda's boots and other such wonderful topics.
Favorite Color (Costume): Blue, possibly Red (no more White :()

Can't say I'm a huge fan of the current options for names, but I can't think of anything decent, so I'll just go with whatever. As for sigs... I'd personally prefer to just have a small emblem or something to stick on my exsisting sig, but once again, I'll go with whatever everyone decides on.
And Welcome to the Zelda Alliance. :]
If you're not really a fan of the names, we can always re-vote when it's finally picked. :]

Anyway, of all the names to vote on, I like Zelda Alliance the best (and even then...).

Oh, and Spazn: I don't think we need to worry about that yet. The voting Hipsterkid wants to happen hasn't actually happened yet. Perhaps someone with a premium membership could open a poll sometime (as in: not me)? It's not like any of this needs to be done RIGHT NOW. We still have 34 days before the game even comes out (for most of us... as for Europe: SUCKERS!!).
I think that we can just vote here. It'd probably be easier anyway. I think we just need to realize that voting is happening. As no one seems to know.

Name: Drake3
Preference (Zelda or Sheik): Zelda
Why you be allowed into the Alliance (one - two sentences, no sarcasm please :]): Ever since I heard that Zelda would be in Melee, I instantly dropped Pikachu. There was something about an NPC taking the fight into their own hands that was so appealing. Besides, Zelda herself is awesome, and magic > everything else.
Favorite Color (Costume): I haven't decided. There's something turning me off about the black and original. We'll see when I get the game.
Welcome to the Zelda Alliance, Drake. :]

There has been quite the bloom in submissions. I'm glad, although it has become just a bit hectic for me. I'll get through it. Just keep them submissions coming! :D AND VOTE >:///

Luthien

Smash Ace
So a tag or something small, something simple, alone the lines of this maybe?

Just something that can be placed in the corner of the signature area or next to, so any member is easy to indentify with a glance.

direct link :

Of course it can be resized and whatnot to miniscule size, although im not a wizz when it comes to the technical side of image programs, it was made on Adobe Illustrator and saved in JPEG through photoshop. The reason i provide this information is to ask, is there a way i can get rid of the white background? :confused:
That is EXACTLY what I've been trying to portray!

Well, the decision on tag or signature has yet to be decided. I wouldn't mind using that but I think light arrows, light bow would be better because at least that is recognizable to Zelda only. Triforce is a bit vague, doncha think?
And that's why I've said have the triforce of WISDOM highlighted in each of my posts.

"We Dare to Dair"
My favourite of them all.

Haha Luthien, you make me laugh. That extra 3 at the end was quite an add.
I just hope that Drake noticed it too. I AM REFERING TO YOU AS DRAKE3 UNTIL I... get bored and decide to stop.

I think that we can just vote here. It'd probably be easier anyway. I think we just need to realize that voting is happening. As no one seems to know.
Getting a tad annoyed? Well then:

I vote for the Light Arrow FS --> Triforce tag idea.

I vote for BAir because we Care because I'm biased.

I'm not voting for a name until I get a muffin.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I just got an idea. How about just a tag. However, in this tag, it shows Zelda using her final smash. After it happens, we can have a picture of a triforce like the one that PwnyRide has submitted. Right by that triforce can be the name of our group, whatever it may be. That way Zelda is recognized, the triforce is used, and it's only a tag. I'm still not sure what's wanted. Sorry for being so imprecise spAzn. :/
Nah don't worry about it's cool. I like the idea so I will definitely keep that in mind and see what the others want as well then we can VOTE hopefully :p. So when a final idea does come up then i'll get to work. Cause I guess Luth is right still awhile for the game and this thread is just gettting off it's feet. So i'll just keep checking up on this. Keep up the good work Hipster :D.

Also Luth what kind of muffin would you like? :p

Luthien

Smash Ace
Poison muffin of DEATH. <3 Luthien.
TOTALLY. Drake<3

Drake is going to be the first of you all who I play. So swears Luthien.

(Did you see what I did thar?)

Seriously, though, for the name, I've been thinking. Is there any way we could incorperate the royal family? The Royal Family seems a little vague, but perhaps that's a theme we could go with and incorperate into other ideas..

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
And that's why I've said have the triforce of WISDOM highlighted in each of my posts.
Hey, hey, hey. Don't you start getting all sarcastic with me mister. >:/

Getting a tad annoyed? Well then:

I vote for the Light Arrow FS --> Triforce tag idea.

I vote for BAir because we Care because I'm biased.

I'm not voting for a name until I get a muffin.
No, not at all.
I just want the voting to be over with. I'm not like the Zelda Alliance all that much. It was only supposed to be a placeholder. :/
I'll give you some muffins... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tcR19y7GPM

Nah don't worry about it's cool. I like the idea so I will definitely keep that in mind and see what the others want as well then we can VOTE hopefully :p. So when a final idea does come up then i'll get to work. Cause I guess Luth is right still awhile for the game and this thread is just gettting off it's feet. So i'll just keep checking up on this. Keep up the good work Hipster :D.
Heh. Well I'm not so sure anyone is ever really going to vote. I guess you can just go and create whatever you want and we'll have to decide on it later. We do have awhile, yes, but the quicker we get known, the better. At least, that's what I think. Oh well. Thanks spAzn! :]]]

Seriously, though, for the name, I've been thinking. Is there any way we could incorperate the royal family? The Royal Family seems a little vague, but perhaps that's a theme we could go with and incorperate into other ideas..
The most clever thing that I could come up with, that probably isn't related to what you were asking, would be..

The Precision Princess's Platoon.

Why? Well, Zelda is all about getting timing perfectly. You have to be very exact with Zelda. Very Precise. Zelda's obviously a princess so there's no question on that. And you can't get the name mixed up with Peach because Peach doesn't take as much precision. Platoon because it means like a group. That's the best that I can come up with. Oh and, sorry if the grammar is wrong with the "Princess's" I'm not to sure how to use that apostrophe.

Luthien

Smash Ace
I vote for the Zelda Alliance. It's the one I like most.

I saw the muffin thing coming by the way. I've never seen the video, but one of my creepier friends can apparently do a perfect impression of it. At any rate, I did not fall into your devious trap.

Sorry for the sarcasm, t'was not intentional.

EDIT: Voting for the Hellfire one. Loved it.

white_mage

Smash Cadet
Name: white_mage, probably Eryan when wifi comes out
Prefernce: Zelda
Color: Purple/Pink
Reason: I have been fascinated by Zelda's magical powers and thought, regardless of moves, she would be awesome to play as. I remeber finding out SHeik was in Melee, and hoping Zelda would be there. Then I saw the trailer where SHeik transforms into Zelda and I have been in LOVE ever since.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
I vote for the Zelda Alliance. It's the one I like most.

I saw the muffin thing coming by the way. I've never seen the video, but one of my creepier friends can apparently do a perfect impression of it. At any rate, I did not fall into your devious trap.

Sorry for the sarcasm, t'was not intentional.
I guess the Zelda Alliance wouldn't be bad. But don't you think it's a little bland? I do :/
I was so sure you were going to fall for it. :/ Danggg. Oh well. I can some of them :] Especially Asbestos. :D ["I'm baking muffins Asbestos I can" *laughs then stares*]

Heh, 'tis okay Luthien. I was only joking. I guess I should've made that a little more obvious. My bad.

Oh my, how about Hyrulian Hellfire?
Wow, that's quite creative. I like it.
I guess it'll go in the voting section.
The only thing - It's Hylian, not Hyrulian.
Yeah, sorry about correcting you. I put Hyrulian one time and someone corrected me on that.
I guess it was only right to inform you. :]
Thanks for the idea, smashbot! :D

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
I vote for Nayru's Gift. Why? I just came up with it. And all my ideas are the best.
Buuuut.... if no one else likes it, I say Zelda Alliance.

Melphyr

Smash Cadet
Wow, that's quite creative. I like it.
I guess it'll go in the voting section.
The only thing - It's Hylian, not Hyrulian.
Yeah, sorry about correcting you. I put Hyrulian one time and someone corrected me on that.
I guess it was only right to inform you. :]
Thanks for the idea, smashbot! :D
Well it depends to what he was refering to, Hylian is anyone from the elflike race (Link, Zelda - anyone with pointy ears) and Hyrulean refers to anyone who lives in Hyrule regardless of race.

I agree that Zelda alliance is a little bland, I liked Nayru's gift from Ztarfish...

Humm how about the Delta sages

Zelda wiki:

" It is also interesting to note that Zelda's name can be associated with delta, shaped triangularly like the Triforce. The Dhimotiki (modern Greek) word for δελτα (delta) is dhelda (pronounced IPA /ðel.da/), which is typically transliterated to katakana as zeruda."

Something with sages and or kicks should represent us well!
Go Kicking sages!

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
getting rid of the white background is easy as long a you using something like photoshop i can help with that or just go to deviantart.com the search of tutorial on it and you learn that way :)
Aha ill try working on it now.

@ Luthien ~ Your idea was party inspiration for it. ;)

blueriku

Smash Journeyman
hyrulian hellfire ill vote for that!!

im almost done with drawing zelda, drawing tp zelda i didnt think it would be so hard oh well i like the challange

smashbot226

Smash Master
Okay the, Hylian Hellfire!

Thanks for the correction, HipsterKid.

"Taking us higher with Din's Fire!"

"We have won and grinned with Farore's Wind!"

"We've given our foes a mighty shove with Nayru's Love!"

"We've shown how 'weak' Zelda is with Shiek!"

"Beware the Hyllian Hellfire..."

"Or it shall consume you too!"

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
Oh dear lord that is just plain flat out win, right there!
Hehe, not too big is it? i figure it might be able to fit on or next to most signatures. And its a PNG so im sure it can simply be put over the top of existing images and remain transparent in the glowing areas....i think... :psycho:

blueriku

Smash Journeyman

its not done i was just lazy i decided not to shade today....but i think zelda looks really cool with a sword originally i wanted her to display so kind of magic but im not sure how any ideas? i can still add it since i didnt shade it yet.... but i did this for the heck of it :) all opinions welcomed.

Zone

Smash Champion
Um...

Hey,

Don't mean to sound dumb. But what exactly to the point is this alliance? Like a Clan?

Because why keep all zelda related info in one thread? It'll be so confusing with say 6-7 different topics going at once. Mainly because people will always want to talk about what they are interested in. Which may not be the current topic. Which is why a new thread is made for a different Ideal. Just saying with different things going all at once it could get confusing.

Also, although i'm not a active Zelda Brawl Member of smashboards, because the game isn't out yet, and I loath speculation. Especially after having more than a couple narrowminded individuals who wouldn't see outside their box. But I am a VERY VERY active Zelda in Melee member. I try to offer advice in a over the top in-depth explanation. Even if it wasn't necessary. Just to make sure the full jist of my point was givin out.

I basically just want someone to re-illiterate what the first post is saying this thread is for. Because I think i'm missing it. Because not EVERYTHING can be talked about in 1 thread. It would be nice if it could be organized that way, but I don't see it happening.

Thanks in advance!
You friendly Zelda Advisor!
Zone

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman

its not done i was just lazy i decided not to shade today....but i think zelda looks really cool with a sword originally i wanted her to display so kind of magic but im not sure how any ideas? i can still add it since i didnt shade it yet.... but i did this for the heck of it :) all opinions welcomed.
Blueriku that is really good i'm totally jealous you have drawing skills like that. It's very detailed something Zelda has a lot of. I like the whole pose she's in, her facial expression looks like she's ready to fight and gonna straight up murder someone. It's awesome you are a very talented artist and it is very well done. Looking forward to the final outcome of this drawing.:)

Oh yes and I like the sound of Hylian Hellfire it has a nice ring to it.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
don't necessarily need to join this since jiggly is my main, but I thought I'd share with all of you the amazingness that is zelda.

I've been playin her all day (well... I've switched between her pokemon trainer and schoolwork) anyway... she;s amazing.... her air game is pwn... he dins fire is amazing, her smashes maim...

I think she coul be upper teir!

oh... and the blue outfit's the best

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
don't necessarily need to join this since jiggly is my main, but I thought I'd share with all of you the amazingness that is zelda.

I've been playin her all day (well... I've switched between her pokemon trainer and schoolwork) anyway... she;s amazing.... her air game is pwn... he dins fire is amazing, her smashes maim...

I think she coul be upper teir!

oh... and the blue outfit's the best
Yipee! <3

Ohhhh, please, wise one!

We need information :o

How easy is it to properly hit with Zelda's F-smash? Dying to know, i want it more useable Q_Q :dizzy:

blueriku

Smash Journeyman
thanks spazn for your compliment i appreciate that it will be finished soon maybe on Wednesday or tomorrow not sure i can get lazy but thank you for the complement

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Yipee! <3

Ohhhh, please, wise one!

We need information :o

How easy is it to properly hit with Zelda's F-smash? Dying to know, i want it more useable Q_Q :dizzy:
actually it's quite easy... only rarely has it been DId out of... but that doesn;t mean that pros won't be able to find a way.

it also packs a punch, and if you competantly follow it up with din;s fire... you can get some low damage KOs

Lightning kicks are quite different BTW... no longer is the heel the sweetspot... now the sweetspot is as close to zelda as the move can hit... it utterly reams Dedede players, and other big boys get hit hard too... but it's worthless agains the likes of olimar unless it's set up well... bet her uair after a dins fire seems to be able to end those guys sub 100%

blueriku

Smash Journeyman
wow i can't wait to main zelda she's gonna own!!! the lightning kick is the new knee of smash lol it looks way cooler too!

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
actually it's quite easy... only rarely has it been DId out of... but that doesn;t mean that pros won't be able to find a way.

it also packs a punch, and if you competantly follow it up with din;s fire... you can get some low damage KOs

Lightning kicks are quite different BTW... no longer is the heel the sweetspot... now the sweetspot is as close to zelda as the move can hit... it utterly reams Dedede players, and other big boys get hit hard too... but it's worthless agains the likes of olimar unless it's set up well... bet her uair after a dins fire seems to be able to end those guys sub 100%
Thank you!! here! have a donut! *stuffs donut down throat*

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
You're very welcome Blueriku ^_^. Like I said definitely looking forward to it. Oh yeah and don't worry, we all get a little lazy sometimes :D.

@Sonic The Hedgedawg thanks for that info it's always nice to hear more about Zelda especially when it's good hehe. Also you are lucky to be already playing. At least soon most of us will be as well.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
There we go. I put the small triforce thingomagiggy in the bottom left of my signature area, just for a test till we vote and get all the tag/symbol/icon entries. I cant wait to see the other icons, i love this sort of stuff !!

:love:

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Name: white_mage, probably Eryan when wifi comes out
Prefernce: Zelda
Color: Purple/Pink
Reason: I have been fascinated by Zelda's magical powers and thought, regardless of moves, she would be awesome to play as. I remeber finding out SHeik was in Melee, and hoping Zelda would be there. Then I saw the trailer where SHeik transforms into Zelda and I have been in LOVE ever since.
I'm sorry that I've taken so long to get to replying to your post.
You'll be added as soon as I get the chance, probably during school.
Welcome to the Zelda Alliance. :]

Hey,

Don't mean to sound dumb. But what exactly to the point is this alliance? Like a Clan?

Because why keep all zelda related info in one thread? It'll be so confusing with say 6-7 different topics going at once. Mainly because people will always want to talk about what they are interested in. Which may not be the current topic. Which is why a new thread is made for a different Ideal. Just saying with different things going all at once it could get confusing.

Also, although i'm not a active Zelda Brawl Member of smashboards, because the game isn't out yet, and I loath speculation. Especially after having more than a couple narrowminded individuals who wouldn't see outside their box. But I am a VERY VERY active Zelda in Melee member. I try to offer advice in a over the top in-depth explanation. Even if it wasn't necessary. Just to make sure the full jist of my point was givin out.

I basically just want someone to re-illiterate what the first post is saying this thread is for. Because I think i'm missing it. Because not EVERYTHING can be talked about in 1 thread. It would be nice if it could be organized that way, but I don't see it happening.

Thanks in advance!
Zone
The point of this Alliance is basically just to have a group of Zelda users who are capable of gathering up to either play against each other or play against others. It's a way of letting you know who you'll be up against.

I don't literally mean "everything at one time" when I posted that. I meant, eventually, we'll probably get to cover many different things. I'll try my best to bring up as many different topics and we'll probably go over many. Probably not EVERYTHING, yes, but we can certainly try. That's what makes us Zelda people so unique. We're hard workers. :]

I hope that answered your question. If not, please elaborate onto what more you need to know.

I'll be back later to respond to everyone's comments and to update the main post! See ya. :D

CCC07

Smash Apprentice
Name: CCC07
Preference: zelda!!!!!
Why you be allowed into the Alliance: I love zelda. i remember getting smash 64 and praying
that zelda was in it. She been my main since melee came out. even though she is low tier she is
still killer and fun to play as. I'll soon be drawing a TP Zelda pic and will post it up on smash boards.
I can't wait till brawl comes out in USA so we can show zelda's awesomeness on wi-fi!!!!
Favorite Color: Black

Luthien

Smash Ace
Hey,

Thanks in advance!
Zone
Along with what Hipsterkid said, I think this thread is a great way for Zelda mains to come together in many ways.

It could eventually become one big "Rate and Critique my main" thread. People could post videos of their matches and as a entire community, we could offer advice and such. AND ONLY HAVE ONE THREAD FOR THIS.

Or it could just be a discussion thread. For instance, for the topic of the week, we could have "Zelda vs. ______", and everyone could collaberate, improve, and correct specific strategies against the character in said topic.

There are a whole bunch of other things that could happen. At first I thought this thread was a lot like the Calling All Zelda Players thread, but it can be a whole lot more. Only time can tell.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
I LOVE IT !!!! XD
Oh my gosh its in your sig! *gasp* *spasm*!! :bee:

So, how are we going in regards to the name voting? Ill put down..a...vote for Royal...Requiem ;)

Also this may sound a little trivial (okay so more than a little), but i was thinking of putting together a list of songs that sort of well...'suit' Zelda, sort of to reflect how i/we see her. Just for the fun of it ;)

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
Zelda's Lullaby would probably be the obvious one. But perhaps something more catchy and modern. May I suggest the Numa Numa song?

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
Well i figure id try to appeal moreso to Zelda's 'tough as nails' side (a side that really appeals to me), so far i've come up with -

(Alot of these song's just 'fit' lyrics wise, to me at least. Alot has to do with her more agressive attack mechanics, attacks themselves which in itself is a little bit corny :laugh:, and her in comparisant to what she used to be.)

Peaches - Kick It (Alternative Rock)
Peaches - Boys Wanna Be Her } clearly a trend going on here :p (Alternative Rock)
Peaches - Hit It Hard (Electro/Rock)
Rogue Traders - White Lightning (Electro Pop)
Rogue Traders - I Never Liked You (Electro Pop)
The Killers - Shadowplay (Alternative)
Maddison Avenue - Who The Hell Are You? (Dance)
Armand Van Halden - Hear My Name (House/Dance)
Bodyrockers - I Like The Way You Move (Alternative)
The Beautiful Girls - I Thought About You (Alternative Rock)
Mary J. Blige - Work That (R'n'B)
Just Jack - Writers Block (Electro House)
Bodyrox t. Luciana - Yeah Yeah (House)

I could try and get links to song previews i suppose :p

EDIT: @ Blueriku, ill post the direct link to the image so you can take it and use it as you wish - http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg20/PwnyRide/?action=view&current=TRIFORCE-TESTING.png

tell me if the link works okay for you :)

Top Bottom