• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hylian Hellfire: The Zelda Alliance

Zelda_Sheik

Smash Apprentice
Name: Zelda_Sheik
Preference: Zelda
Why you be allowed into the Alliance: When I first played Melee, I tryied all the characters and I didn't know why my attention got to Zelda. Everyone keep telling me: "Why are you playing as Zelda. I mean she is a girl that is weak and slow). When I won the match, everyone was so surprised that me using this "girl" actually won something. I always mained Zelda eventhough she was considered bad. Now because she has been majorly buffed, more Zelda players will come and now we will have some competition. And now Zelda will be better than Peach.
Favorite Color (Costume): All (Except Green)

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Awwww isn't this cute, Luthien and Drake...3 (hehe sorry man, it was just a good setup, I blame Luth lol) are fighting like little boys in pretty much every single one of the Zelda threads :p. When this game comes out lets just see who gets the bragging rights. :chuckle:

Anyways uhhhh yeah, once again nice work Hipster :). Well, um I like Zelda videos we just don't have enough of them O_o. That's a sorry excuse to be on topic.
Yes, yes. We will see who gets the bragging rights very soon. :]
And boy, am I excited! :D

This is the internet. Trashtalk and immaturity allowed. ;) (I'm spamming so much now...)

But yeah, as for the discussion topic, I really have nothing to say that hasn't been said already... Zelda's been buffed. Woohoo. 29 more days till I can see/play for myself.
Yeah, I guess my current discussion topic is a little vague. I'll change it later on. :]

Umm hey guys, i found a great video and song in youtube, so i thought i should show it to you...i dunno if you've already seen it, but in case you havent here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0bXT6QJA_k the video is awesome and the song's cool too, you should consider it for Zleda's song, which by the way is 24 by jem. =D kk guys, take care, and tell me if you like it =D
That was wonderful.
Such great memories came after watching that video
*tears up*

Why oh why did I read that as "play with myself"? Why oh why did I proceed to giggle at the thought? Why oh why am I carrying on about a stray thought, as though you people actually give a darn.

Anywho, nice banner, Hipster. Won't be using it myself (I like my sig/ava combo too much atm), but it still looks great.
Thank you very much Blink.
It's okay though.
I like your sig/avi combo very much too. :]

Name: Zelda_Sheik
Preference: Zelda
Why you be allowed into the Alliance: When I first played Melee, I tryied all the characters and I didn't know why my attention got to Zelda. Everyone keep telling me: "Why are you playing as Zelda. I mean she is a girl that is weak and slow). When I won the match, everyone was so surprised that me using this "girl" actually won something. I always mained Zelda eventhough she was considered bad. Now because she has been majorly buffed, more Zelda players will come and now we will have some competition. And now Zelda will be better than Peach.
Favorite Color (Costume): All (Except Green)
Thank you for your submission, Zelda_Sheik.
Welcome to the Hylian Hellfire: The Zelda Alliance!
Now serving muffins!

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
This is the internet. Trashtalk and immaturity allowed. ;) (I'm spamming so much now...)

But yeah, as for the discussion topic, I really have nothing to say that hasn't been said already... Zelda's been buffed. Woohoo. 29 more days till I can see/play for myself.
Oh yeah, though I always thought internet=serious business. :p

29 days? Wow I remember when we had 29 days left two times already. :laugh:

Why oh why did I read that as "play with myself"? Why oh why did I proceed to giggle at the thought? Why oh why am I carrying on about a stray thought, as though you people actually give a darn.
Haha Blink you crack me up.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Hm. Could a topic soon be about the supposed " Toon Zelda" that was supposed to be in the roster? x]
I think that would be fun to talk about.

Btw, Hippy, are we allowed to use the Hylian Hellfire tag in our sigs now? I love it =D

Luthien

Smash Ace
Hm. Could a topic soon be about the supposed " Toon Zelda" that was supposed to be in the roster? x]
I think that would be fun to talk about.
Seriously? I never heard about that! How would they have pulled that off?

How would they have fit Sheik in? Would it have made more sense to put Tetra in instead? With or without the same moveset? Would this Zelda have been faster, like Toon Link was compared to Link? How would they make that work, if Toon Zelda has such short legs?

I could have waited through another delay to see a Zelda that could fit inside Naryu's Love.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Seriously? I never heard about that! How would they have pulled that off?

How would they have fit Sheik in? Would it have made more sense to put Tetra in instead? With or without the same moveset? Would this Zelda have been faster, like Toon Link was compared to Link? How would they make that work, if Toon Zelda has such short legs?

I could have waited through another delay to see a Zelda that could fit inside Naryu's Love.
A small list of incomplete files were found on the game disk. Toon Zelda was one of the character files.
I would have loved to see it. I'd probably still stick with TP Zelda, but an alternative Zelda would be nice to choose from. I'd imagine she'd be a faster Zelda, but with a nerfed jump height..and possibly faster pulling off her attacks.

There was also a file called " Toon Sheik". Nobody knows if it would have been Tetra with Sheik's move set, or just a WW styled Sheik. I would hope Sakurai would not make WW Zelda transform into Sheik though.

I'd love to see the Goddesses spells with cel -shaded effects though. Imagine Din's fire exploding into Cel-shaded smoke. x]

Melphyr

Smash Cadet
I really would like that! Toon Zelda would be my main for sure... Tetra was the Zelda I liked the most, I hope sakurai wasn't thinking of making a toon Sheik instead of Tetra! Well I guess it doesn't matter since it never turned out as playable :(

I can only hope it may be added later as downloadable content!

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
I like the idea of toon Zelda. Definitely wouldn't mind her being in even if she was a clone (most likely would be). As for toon Sheik I would prefer Tetra over her because Tetra is so much cooler :p. Though either way both would be an interesting addition since I loved TWW/PH and we would have two Zelda's to choose from. I would most likely stick with TP Zelda though >.<.

Oh yeah, and nice to see you Melphyr hehe. :bee:

Mediator

Smash Journeyman
yeah i read about the toon zelda and toon sheik but i think they thought they might be spamming the the whole toon thing but who knows maybe we will have dlc and we will get the toon zelda but i cant imagine how
she would pull off a lightning kick but to see a chibi toon sheik would be so0o0o cute lol

blink777

Smash Journeyman
From the little I had read on the subject, I was under the impression that it was just a model/skin set that was kicking around (I hadn't seen anything about actual character coding). Figured that meant that she was planned as an alternate costume (tall/adult Toon Zelda? Eep). But then, I've been avoiding the general discussion like the plague, so I'm very much behind in the info.

blueriku

Smash Journeyman
Okay, just to bring this to the attention of all who plan on answering the trivia questions (because SOMEHOW HIPPY'S POST WAS MISSED...>.>):

SEND YOUR ANSWER IN A PM.

If you post it here, other people will see the answer and either a) copy your answer OR b) not answer because they are strangely ethical and don't want to get credit for something they didn't work for. Sending your answers to Hippsterkid in a PM makes the trivia fair and more fun. Posting them in the forum where everyone can see defeats the purpose of getting an award.

Not to worry, Blueriku. You aren't stupid. Only Drake is. At any rate, follow his example by editing your post, okay?

Oh, wait. My bad. Only Drake3 is stupid.
oops sorry about that i didnt know...

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Alright then, a new discussion has been added.
I'll post it here so that you don't have to go back there...

THIS WEEKS DISCUSSION: TOON ZELDA?

Y'all were already on it so I decided, why not? A new trivia question will be added either tomorrow evening.
I think I already know what it's going to be. If you don't know, this one might require a bit of research. ;]

Well, I hope you guys are enjoying/enjoyed your I-Could've-Had-Brawl-Yesterday Monday!
>:/

Luthien

Smash Ace
The only way I'd want Toon Zelda is if they made her like Toon Link. I love the way he makes sound when he runs:

*patpatpatpatpatpatpatpatpatpatpatpatpatpatpatpatpatpatpatpatpatpat*

Seriously, those twig-like things move way too fast. Toon Zelda would be even funnier to watch.

And, how much range do you guys think her moves would have? Imagin down-tilt. O_O

Drake3

Smash Ace
Well, I hope you guys are enjoying/enjoyed your I-Could've-Had-Brawl-Yesterday Monday!
>:/
I'm trying not to kill myself. >_> It's kind of unfortunate now that I think about it because reading week is next week, and that could've been a pretty good time to have a 72 hour Brawl party.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
I marked yesterday on every single calendar I had last month. So I had 6 different bitter reminders at sporadic times throughout the day. It was frustrating to say the least.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Well, now that smashboards is working again, I've decided to change up the topic and trivia.
The topic was already discussed so I guess it was only right for me to change it back up.

Also, I'm not sure if you all have already discovered this but the user Dias4Flac is a Zelda main on Youtube. He/She has some videos up.
Here is the link to his YouTube profile: http://www.youtube.com/user/Dias4Flac
There are some "Zelda vs. " Videos on there.

Check them out and don't forget to check back to the first post for updates!

blueriku

Smash Journeyman
i wish there were more brawl vids of Zelda but that's a good find hippy ....zomg my first sig it lame though but its my first one anyways i kinda want to see toon zelda lighting kick someone lol i think that would look pretty epic...

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Toon Zelda performing a lightning kick would be epic.
You probably wouldn't even see her feet. Just a massive clunk of dress smacking you in the face.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
I think they cut Toon Zelda for the sole reason of how ridiculous she'd look. I know I for one wouldn't be able to handle myself when she whips out that giant bow for the Light Arrow.

Lingy

Smash Journeyman
Anyone know why NinjaLink put down his videos? I've been asking around but haven't gotten an answer yet.

Mediator

Smash Journeyman
When playing zelda I spam like not other lol

here is a typical starting match

dash smash, nair, dash smash times 3, fair and theres one life i dont have to worry about

i tend to do alot of areal combat im starting to incorporate N's love into my landings 'how is it working out you say'? oh its good with crowd control.

When someone is trying to recover and almost makes it but misses i use din's fire to help them recover just to let them know im playing with them and then when they make back on the stage... Lighting KICK! POW pwnage like no other and makes me all warm and gives me the fuzzys

and does anyone use the transformation as a taunt? I use it like a taunt saying "im so good i dont need to use sheik"

chuigarza

Smash Rookie
omg i do that! lol i spam a lot too! i use her kick like crazy..but dont call me cheap..that's just the way i play =P my friends get annoyed because the keep hearing the *twink* the kick does xD...although with the time it takes to transform now..i dont think well be able to taunt like that...we'll just have to get used to her waving taunt...by the way, what's your favorite taunt you guys?

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Well, in my case, Dash attacks and Din's Fire are my best friends. :]
However, I do incorporate the whole moveset into playing.
I do prefer tilts over smashes at certain times.
I use Farore's Wind to fly from one side of the stage to the other.
Aerials are combinations of Up Air and the Lightning Kick.
And, obviously, since I can actually use all these attacks, I mostly only play with computers. :/
I do have friends who play, but I've only played with them like, twice.

Oh, and my favorite taunt is the wave :]
And I don't really like the one where she puts her hand up and does some magic or whatever. :/
the Fire one is okay. :/

Mediator

Smash Journeyman
hmm i think my favorite would be the wave just b/c its a smart @$$ thing to do and also

In case you didnt know which im sure everyone already does

if you roll the control stick while using f wind then you can shorten the distance on the teleport when used on the ground. i use this to mess with my brothers head and when he falls for it i laugh so hard

Oh and get this! the other day i played a match against him and he was getting all pissed and said "They made Zelda way to powerful in this game!!!" and then i had two explain to him that she is tech one of the worst and she is low tier and for him to say that that it means he really sucks.... hmmm he wont be playing again for a while

oh well ...

chuigarza

Smash Rookie
I didnt know that about f wind!

but...if you roll the control stick, won't it go to a different direction?

Ohh, and about your brother..maybe he doesnt suck...maybe you're just too good xD

22 days guys! im dying here!

blink777

Smash Journeyman

Basically, if you're on the ground and you tilt the control stick downward, you will shorten the distance you travel. Tilting straight down will make you reappear exactly where you disappeared.

Luthien

Smash Ace
Basically, if you're on the ground and you tilt the control stick downward, you will shorten the distance you travel. Tilting straight down will make you reappear exactly where you disappeared.
Indeed. Getting to the point where you can appear about a foot away from where you orginally were in Melee is going to prove useful in Brawl as an attack and mindgames. All that work will finally pay off the way I hoped it would. Farore's Wind mastery FTW.

Yes. There are 16 directions, from what I believe (correct me if I'm wrong). There's (Clock-wise from 12:00):

1)North (hold 'up' or just let go of the controller; this is the move's natural direction.)
2)North-Northeast
3)Northeast
4)East-Northeast
5)East (hold 'right')
6)East-Southeast
7)South-east
8)South-Southeast
9)South (hold 'down)
10)South-Southwest
11)Southwest
12)West-Southwest
13)West (hold 'left')
14) West-Northwest
15) Northwest
16) North-Northwest

blink777

Smash Journeyman
All that work will finally pay off the way I hoped it would. Farore's Wind mastery FTW.
For freaking sure. I'm getting the feeling that if you and I ever did a ditto match though, it would end up being rather hilarious ;).

EDIT: Figured I should go with the FP's current discussion topic. As can be guessed from the above, I love Farore's Wind, especially on FD. Combining ground-to-ground FW with Nayru and Bair has been quite fun. On the whole, I'm relatively conservative with Zelda (especially when compared to my Falco and Ganondorf), though I sometimes go a little overboard with dash attack chasing. Don't know how that's all going to carry over to Brawl. With the very slow transformation, I doubt I'll be using Sheik to rack up damage though.

Luthien

Smash Ace
For freaking sure. I'm getting the feeling that if you and I ever did a ditto match though, it would end up being rather hilarious ;).
I hereby challenge you to a FW only match. :laugh: That would take a while...

I can picture us using the move at the same time and teleporting to where we just where, switching spots. And then using it again and both of us pressing down to reappear where we were. Oh, the mindgames that would go on. :laugh:

Mediator

Smash Journeyman

Ohh, and about your brother..maybe he doesnt suck...maybe you're just too good xD
Oh im sorry i wasnt specific enough!

what you do is

use f wind then go left or right followed by moving the analog stick down

when timed right you can shorten your distance of travel.

And I thought everyone would have known that and call me a noob or something

and by the way my brother mains samus.

and for my noob question of the day... Do you guys think that zeldas forward smash has a sweet spot and thats why its harder to land and is escapable b/c iv been in situations where my opp. was out of my reach but when i used f smash it drew them in doing great damage and great knock back 'what its suppose to do!!!'

Luthien

Smash Ace
Oh im sorry i wasnt specific enough! what you do is
use f wind then go left or right followed by moving the analog stick down
when timed right you can shorten your distance of travel.
And I thought everyone would have known that and call me a noob or something.
You're forgetting one small detail: Zelda needs to be on the ground for this to work.

Chuigarza, you can figure this out for yourself by going into training mode. Select Zelda (duh), go to Final Destination, and set your opponent to 'stand'.

Go as far to the left of the stage as you can. You know you're at the end when Zelda starts to lose her balance. (Note: you can also simply roll to the end of the stage until Zelda isn't moving anymore. When that happens, you're on the edge).

Now for the complicated stuff. When you use Farore's Wind and press 'East' (or 'Right'; see post #152), Zelda will go halfway across Final Destination. However, if you press Southeast (or 'Down-right), Zelda should only go about a quarter of the way across Final Destination. Here's a visual ( --- = distance teleported; ___ = stage floor; l = stage ledge; S = Starting position):

You pressed 'East':
S----------------------------------________________________l

You pressed 'Southeast':
S------------------___________________________________l

Please note: These actually aren't the exact distances. I seem to recal Southeast not being exactly a quarter of the way, and South-Southeast only being a ninth or something. Fiddle with it on your own, and memorize the distances. Oh, and Blink, if you happen to know the exact stuff, let me know. I'm too lazy to go figure it out.

Luthien

Smash Ace
hmm I think iv covered that
but thank you for being rude
congratulations:ohwell:
My appoligies. I wasn't intending to be offensive. I only read your second post ^^;. Forgive me?

Anyway, I just found the second post was a little confusing. So I tried to clarify. Once again, I didn't mean to be rude.

blueriku

Smash Journeyman
i just checked out darkmusicians vids and ill tell you that dins fire and u air is insane and zelda is a beast just watch darkmusicians vids was just amazing dins fire can not only kill but also set up for other possible ko moves zelda FTW :)

Top Bottom