• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hylian Hellfire: The Zelda Alliance

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
The Zelda Alliance Thread

A Thread of Natural Wisdom and Defying Beauty

______________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome to the Zelda Alliance thread, sponsored by the Zelda family of SmashBoards. This thread will be a recollection of the Zelda members from across the boards. Events such as Brawl Code Exchanges, Video Postings, Trash Talking, Battle Arrangements, Exciting Finds, and Simple Conversations can occur in this single thread. However, since the thread is new, we will be looking for new recruits, a name for the group, and other helpful things to help complete the alliance.

Joining the alliance is quite simple. All you have to do is complete the following four tasks.

1) Be an active member on the Zelda Boards
2) Be willing to add a signature/tag of Alliance proof
3) Have Zelda as one of your mains
4) Fill out a simple application

One and two are to show commitment to the group and three is to just make sure you actually use Zelda. Four is to make it official. :p Sheik users (as long as you actually use Zelda sometimes) are welcome as well, however, most discussion will probably be about Zelda. Therefore, Sheik users interested have been warned. Submissions for the Zelda Alliance should be in the following format.

Name:
Why you be allowed into the Alliance (one - two sentences, no sarcasm please :]):
Favorite Color (Costume):

Applications will be reviewed as quickly as possible. Joining is as easy as 1-2-3! And it's free! (for Now >:]) As long as you fit the four rules, you're guaranteed in. Concerning others who have already shown interest, an application would still be appreciated. It makes it seem much more official.

Current Members*:
HipsterKid - Alliance Starter
gdtyrael
Arean - Would you like some din's fire with that?
PwnyRide
**Soluble Toast**
Ztarfish
Wind Owl
**Luthien**
Melphyr

spAzn

Mains: Zelda, Link, Snake, and Ike

blueriku - Zelda: lightning kick HA!!! **falcon cries in the background**
Mediator - need a fix? LIGHTNING KICKS@!#$%!!:eek:
Twilight X

blink777
Mains: Zelda, Lucas, Ness, and Ivysaur

Drake3 - The Beauty of Magic
white_mage

CCC07 - Hell Hath no wrath like the magical Heel

Mains: Zelda, Wario, and Lucas

The Punisher
chui - The Power you feel...all on her Magical Heel!

Supersmashbro125 - Go Din's Fire! Zelda for Top Tier!
Pappioll
Zelda_Sheik
Ledger
Onyx
Aura
Connor
Nick
DiasFlac
Anotherchance
Callin
Arashi
Knightly
Veng
Alberto
Alex
deskclerk
Sam
SMB
Carlos
Andrew
.Sin
Xeno
in'Vision
D for Deception
Shadowzero
Cao
kitsuneko
Deception
Lord Naomasa
MindfulMaster
Chauzu
ht101
Whiteday
The Grey Angel
xNinjaOfChaosx
Villi
Aeyr
ThReAtEnEd
Ca$hoholic
ProBrawler
PsychoKnight

* - Brawl Number codes will be added next to each person's name as soon as the game comes out and everyone finds theirs out.IF YOU WOULD LIKE YOUR BRAWL CODE POSTED, SUMBIT IT IN A PM!

What We Are Currently Looking For:
There are a few things that the Zelda Alliance currently needs, other than members. What's needed is listed below:

• [*]A Catchy Name - The Zelda Alliance could do so much better with a nicer name. Creativity is key to this and I think we could really use the switch up. Any name submitted will be put in the voting category to be decided by the group.
    [*]A Tag/Signature - To commemorate what is the Zelda Alliance, we need identification. Whether it be a simple tag in our signature that says "Proud member of the Zelda Alliance" or a whole signature picture, we need it. Again, any suggestions will be taken to the voting booth to be decided by the group.
    [*]A Thread Picture - In order to spice the thread up, we need a picture that represents Zelda. It'd be preferable that it is more than a google search but it is up to the voters. Also in the voting booth.
  • Any other things needed will be added!

Dicussion Section
Here is the section where you find out what is new with our favorite princess. Discussion can be held in the thread. Opinions and other interesting details are welcome.
Today's Topic: WHAT HAS BEEN ONE OF YOUR FAVORITE WI-FI MATCH UPS? WHAT WAS SO SPECIAL ABOUT THAT MATCH?

Trivia!​
In this section of the thread, we will have Trivia Questions! These will be updated every so often and you will get something small for answering it correctly. SUBMISSIONS MUST BE SENT VIA PM. ANYONE WHO POSTS IT IN THE THREAD WILL NOT GET CREDIT UNTIL IT IS SENT BY PM.For this week:

Question: There are two particular paintings that Zelda has hung in her castle hallway in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time that could be considered Cameos. Who are the two characters on those paintings?

Prize: A list of your mains will be added right under your name in the members section!

MORE THAN ONE PERSON CAN WIN TRIVIA!

Tags and Sigs!​
Here is where you can find the multiple tags and sigs created for our Clan. They will be arranged by who made them. Anyone can submit one so be sure to try it! BE SURE TO REMOVE THE STRIKETHROUGH IF YOU ARE GOING TO USE ONE!

by -spAzn-: Found here

IMG encoding:

IMG encoding:

by HipsterKid: Found here

IMG encoding:

Alliances & Rivalries
There are several clans and alliances that can be found on SmashBoards and BrawlCentral. We're open to many different alliances and rivalries. If your clan would like to ally or rival our alliance, feel free to let me, HipsterKid, know in a PM or via post in this thread. Our current Allies are as follows:

Twilight Heroes - The Link Clan
Found Here: http://z15.invisionfree.com/Twilight_Heroes/index.php?act=idx

Blood-4-Blood - The Ike Clan
Found Here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142483

Ninjas of the Shadow -The Sheik Clan
Found Here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=161705

Current members: Please try and encourage these alliances and rivalries. I'm sure members from the other clans would encourage matches and contributions!

Enjoy the Thread!

gdtyrael

Smash Rookie
Hey I want to submit the application =]

Name: Tyrael
Preference: Zelda
Why I will be allowed into the alliance: Because since melee's start I always played as Zelda, despite ppl saying she was useless and stuff, I play her because I like her. And to be honest, I never seen someone play better than me in melee, all videos Ive seen was against low tier, even Ryoko, I always played agains fox/marth/sheik pro players in melee, created my own combos and techniques and a faq since so few players played zelda in melee, and I always believed her potential.
Favourite Color (Costume): Its used to be blue in melee, but now I still havent decided, maybe the standard one since everyone is going to dark zelda.

Arean

Smash Ace
Name: Arean
Preference : Zelda
Why you be allowed into the Alliance: Zelda has been one of the most unique characters in the smash bros universe, dedication and passion is needed to play such character. I want to develop this
Favorite Color (Costume): Green

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
~ Royal Requiem ~

A Zelda Alliance!

just a name ill put out there ;)
It will go in the voting section of the thread. :]
Thank you for your suggestion.
And make sure you sign up! (only if you want to of course.) Nevermind.
Welcome PwnyRide. :D

Hey I want to submit the application =]

Name: Tyrael
Why I will be allowed into the alliance: Because since melee's start I always played as Zelda, despite ppl saying she was useless and stuff, I play her because I like her. And to be honest, I never seen someone play better than me in melee, all videos Ive seen was against low tier, even Ryoko, I always played agains fox/marth/sheik pro players in melee, created my own combos and techniques and a faq since so few players played zelda in melee, and I always believed her potential.
Favourite Color (Costume): Its used to be blue in melee, but now I still havent decided, maybe the standard one since everyone is going to dark zelda.
Name: Arean
Preference : Zelda
Why you be allowed into the Alliance: Zelda has been one of the most unique characters in the smash bros universe, dedication and passion is needed to play such character. I want to develop this
Favorite Color (Costume): Green
Welcome to the Zelda Alliance, you two. :]

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Hylian Harmony for a name?
=]

It's a sort of peaceful, and relaxing name. Which kind of fits with Zelda xP

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
Well you created this thread early :p

Name: Ethan/Ztarfish/Zape
Preference: Green or Purple Zelda
Why..: Because Zelda is an incredibly unique character even without the tacked on transformation, and it is our duty to show to the world that Zelda is more than a gender confused Ninja.

I need a sig :(

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Name: Wind Owl
Preference (Zelda or Sheik): Zelda
Why I should be allowed into the Alliance: Because I mained Zelda even in Melee; I play her because she's cute and awesome, regardless of tier.
Favorite Color (Costume): Undecided (I'd have to actually try them out)

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Hylian Harmony for a name?
=]

It's a sort of peaceful, and relaxing name. Which kind of fits with Zelda xP
Oh, that's quite the name. I like it. It will be added to list of voting.

At that, I will now explain how voting will work. Once two names/pictures/whatever have found their way into the voting section, it will be handled as follows:

The two options will go up against each other. Everyone in the members section will be able to vote right away. Others who are barely registering can submit their votes after they have been added to the list. Whatever you vote for will be put by your name in the members section. Once everyone has voted, whatever has most votes will win. If someone wants to suggest another option, we will put it up against whatever won the first round. We can keep constantly changing our names if better ideas come along.

And with that, the first round of voting can begin. I will make sure to vote last.

Well you created this thread early :p

Name: Ethan/Ztarfish/Zape
Preference: Green or Purple Zelda
Why..: Because Zelda is an incredibly unique character even without the tacked on transformation, and it is our duty to show to the world that Zelda is more than a gender confused Ninja.

I need a sig :(
Heh, yeah. I stayed up till 4 (my time) working on this. Took about an hour I suppose.
Thank you for your submission :D
Welcome to the Zelda Alliance.

Name: Wind Owl
Why I should be allowed into the Alliance: Because I mained Zelda even in Melee; I play her because she's cute and awesome, regardless of tier.
Favorite Color (Costume): Undecided (I'd have to actually try them out)
Thank you for your submission as well, Wind Owl.
And Welcome to the Zelda Alliance.

EDIT: Seeing as this thread might run out of things to say quickly, so I've added a discussion part so that we can talk about what information is currently new. What to discuss will be located on the bottom of the thread, under voting. Make sure to check that section so you know what's being talked about at the moment.

Luthien

Smash Ace
I wanna join!

Name: Luthien
Preference: Probably Zelda. I'm kinda 60/40 at this point.

I want to be in the alliance because I love Zelda. I have never enjoyed a fictional character more (well, maybe...), and I love the idea of her standing up for herself via Melee/Brawl. I love her moveset; it's probably the moveset I feel most comfortable with. I would love to improve my mediocre Zelda with you all!

Favourtie Colour: Purple; Blue (Warning! This may change once I actually get my hands on the game!)

For identification, could we perhaps use the Triforce, with the Triforce of Wisdom glowing the brightest? That, or the Hylian bird, I think.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
For identification, could we perhaps use the Triforce, with the Triforce of Wisdom glowing the brightest? That, or the Hylian bird, I think.
The Hylian bird would be an excellent idea. If I remember correctly, it's the crest of the Royal Family?

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
I wanna join!

Name: Luthien
Preference: Probably Zelda. I'm kinda 60/40 at this point.

I want to be in the alliance because I love Zelda. I have never enjoyed a fictional character more (well, maybe...), and I love the idea of her standing up for herself via Melee/Brawl. I love her moveset; it's probably the moveset I feel most comfortable with. I would love to improve my mediocre Zelda with you all!

Favourtie Colour: Purple; Blue (Warning! This may change once I actually get my hands on the game!)

Heh, I was wondering when I was going to get your submission.
And sorry about the gender question - it's just for preference purposes. Not so much for me but in general.
Thank you for your submission, Luthien.
Either way, Welcome to the Zelda Alliance.

I guess the Triforce would be an obvious choice. Good thinking. :D

The Hylian bird would be an excellent idea. If I remember correctly, it's the crest of the Royal Family?
Yes, it would be an excellent idea. And maybe something in the background. Zelda's trademark - Light Arrows. Maybe something like your avatar plus a light arrow flying in the back. However, we need someone to bring these ideas to life. Anyone willing to volunteer for that position? More than one person can work on it, we just need someone!

Check back into the main post. Another new feature has been added (I'm on a roll!). Check it out. :D

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Question: Miyamoto got the name Zelda from a famous author's wife. Who was the author?
Prize: You get stars attached to the beginning and end of your name in the Member's section (i.e. **HipsterKid**)

F. Scott Fitzgerald ;]

Hm. Yeah Hippy =D
Sounds good. light arrow would be great. The crest would relate to the Royal Family, which Zelda is a part of, and the Light arrow to Zelda herself. Creating a nice and effective link x]

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Ugh. I'm a moron >.>
Sorry, it's lat. I didn't read thw hole thing.
Sorry for the double post also. I can't edit or delete posts anymore =S

I accidentally blocked all images from Smash Boards so it doesn't allow me to see the edit button or anything.

Luthien

Smash Ace
Heh, I was wondering when I was going to get your submission.
And sorry about the gender question - it's just for preference purposes. Not so much for me but in general.
Thank you for your submission, Luthien.
Either way, Welcome to the Zelda Alliance.

I guess the Triforce would be an obvious choice. Good thinking. :D
Sorry, I got off early last night, so I just discovered this thread this morning. I don't mind the gender questions, it's just that there's been quite a bit of spam lately... ^^; (guilty).

Yes, it would be an excellent idea. And maybe something in the background. Zelda's trademark - Light Arrows. Maybe something like your avatar plus a light arrow flying in the back. However, we need someone to bring these ideas to life. Anyone willing to volunteer for that position? More than one person can work on it, we just need someone!
I dunno. It's hard to make it blatantly obvious it's a LIGHT arrow, and have you seen the DETAIL in those things? Imo, we should keep it simple. The Hyrulian Bird thing in the background with the Triforce (wisdom = brightest) in front, perhaps slightly transparent (?). I dunno.

I NOMINATE SPAZN FOR DESIGN!!

Check back into the main post. Another new feature has been added (I'm on a roll!). Check it out. :D
Oooh! What? What is it?! I don't see it!! :psycho:

P.S. I hope you enjoy running this thread as much as I enjoyed running mine. Good times...

Edit: The more I think about it, the more I like the light arrow idea, actually. I've got a few ideas in my head...

Edit 2: CRAP YOU SOLUBLE TOAST! I KNEW THAT ANSWER, TOO!! Ah, well, you beat me to it. (Mutters: 'I wanted stars...')

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Question: Miyamoto got the name Zelda from a famous author's wife. Who was the author?
Prize: You get stars attached to the beginning and end of your name in the Member's section (i.e. **HipsterKid**)

F. Scott Fitzgerald ;]

Hm. Yeah Hippy =D
Sounds good. light arrow would be great. The crest would relate to the Royal Family, which Zelda is a part of, and the Light arrow to Zelda herself. Creating a nice and effective link x]
Correct.
Oh and, I guess it was just a random idea. But maybe light arrows like the ones that used to be in Luthien's signature. That was sure awesome. :D

Ugh. I'm a moron >.>
Sorry, it's lat. I didn't read thw hole thing.
Sorry for the double post also. I can't edit or delete posts anymore =S

I accidentally blocked all images from Smash Boards so it doesn't allow me to see the edit button or anything.
It's okay. It's only the first one anyways. I'll give you credit. :]

Sorry, I got off early last night, so I just discovered this thread this morning. I don't mind the gender questions, it's just that there's been quite a bit of spam lately... ^^; (guilty).
Yeah, as you can tell, I was up late last night. And yes, that spam. Quite interesting actually. :]

I dunno. It's hard to make it blatantly obvious it's a LIGHT arrow, and have you seen the DETAIL in those things? Imo, we should keep it simple. The Hyrulian Bird thing in the background with the Triforce (wisdom = brightest) in front, perhaps slightly transparent (?). I dunno.

I NOMINATE SPAZN FOR DESIGN!!
Yes, I was kind of thinking of the light arrows you used to have in your sig. Those were quite interest. And very obvious. If not, then at least the bow. That is quite obvious. And yes, spAzn would be quite a good idea for designer. That is, if she really wants to do it. I was thinking a collaboration between spAzn and Pappioll would make it very good.

Oooh! What? What is it?! I don't see it!! :psycho:

P.S. I hope you enjoy running this thread as much as I enjoyed running mine. Good times...

Edit: The more I think about it, the more I like the light arrow idea, actually. I've got a few ideas in my head...

Edit 2: CRAP YOU SOLUBLE TOAST! I KNEW THAT ANSWER, TOO!! Ah, well, you beat me to it. (Mutters: 'I wanted stars...')
Yes, it's the trivia feature.
I do enjoy running this thread. I'm just waiting for it to grow a bit more.
There is also the discussion feature as well.
And in case you didn't know, more than one person can win the stars. :]

Luthien

Smash Ace
Correct.
Oh and, I guess it was just a random idea. But maybe light arrows like the ones that used to be in Luthien's signature. That was sure awesome. :D
It'll be back soon, don't worry. ;)

Yeah, as you can tell, I was up late last night. And yes, that spam. Quite interesting actually. :]
Oh, yes. Learned a lot.

Yes, I was kind of thinking of the light arrows you used to have in your sig. Those were quite interest. And very obvious. If not, then at least the bow. That is quite obvious. And yes, spAzn would be quite a good idea for designer. That is, if she really wants to do it. I was thinking a collaboration between spAzn and Pappioll would make it very good.
Yes indeed. I'd like help, but I don't have any paint programs. So maybe I'll just offer suggestions.

Yes, it's the trivia feature.
I do enjoy running this thread. I'm just waiting for it to grow a bit more.
There is also the discussion feature as well.
And in case you didn't know, more than one person can win the stars. :]
Well, in that case:
F. Scott Fitzgerald
. I love Wikipedia.I learn all sorts of seemingly useless bits of knowledge there. For example, did you know that your funny bone is actually called the Ulnar Nerve? And that if you hit it hard enough, it will require surgery to repair? Good stuff.

Edit: Anyway, about Zelda's buffed dair: where do you think the sweetspot will be?

In Melee, I have some confusion as to where it hit hardest. I've always thought that it hits hardest the sooner it hits, the closer to the upper body (if you pause the game when she performs it, you should catch a white/blue star-thing where her kicking foot is located).

Whenever I hit there, it seems to be far more effective. However, I've heard that the sweetspot is actually the extended toe.

The actual question: What was the sweetspot in Melee, and do you think it will be the same in Brawl?

Melphyr

Smash Cadet
Hey I count me in!

Name: Melphyr
Why you be allowed into the Alliance: Because I would die if there was an alliance on the best princess ever and I wasn't part of it!
Favorite Color (Costume): I like most of them... Purple/Black/Green/Blue

As for pictures, it wolud be cool if we could have a picture of the statue above the throne in TP with the goddesses surrounding the triforce

*found it* like this one:

For the name of the alliance... voting for Hylian Harmony,
though I would prefer and therefore submit:

- Kicks of Misfortune
- Arrows of Light
- Goddesses' Power
- Shining Wisdom
- Light wielders

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
It'll be back soon, don't worry. ;)
I'll be anticipating it. Now, I need to come up with some clever signature for myself. I've grown rather tired of my simple MS Paint sigs. I'll do something about that soon.

Yes indeed. I'd like help, but I don't have any paint programs. So maybe I'll just offer suggestions.
I would like to as well, but since it's the school's laptop, I cannot download and install anything without the "You don't have sufficient privileges.." window popping up. Oh, how I long for photoshop. :/

Well, in that case:
F. Scott Fitzgerald
. I love Wikipedia.I learn all sorts of seemingly useless bits of knowledge there. For example, did you know that your funny bone is actually called the Ulnar Nerve? And that if you hit it hard enough, it will require surgery to repair? Good stuff.
Correct, of course. I learned that from Wikipedia as well. And now I can finally say that I've learned something today. :] Thank you Luthien.

Edit: Anyway, about Zelda's buffed dair: where do you think the sweetspot will be?

In Melee, I have some confusion as to where it hit hardest. I've always thought that it hits hardest the sooner it hits, the closer to the upper body (if you pause the game when she performs it, you should catch a white/blue star-thing where her kicking foot is located).

Whenever I hit there, it seems to be far more effective. However, I've heard that the sweetspot is actually the extended toe.

The actual question: What was the sweetspot in Melee, and do you think it will be the same in Brawl?
Heh, I'm not the person to be answering these questions. For one, I don't really use Down Air all that much. For two, I don't get all the technical things in Smash Bros. I can't really wavedash, etc. Oh well. I can't exactly say where it would be but hopefully Sakurai will make it hit with as Ganondorf's Down Air. That would be nice. Except faster. That would make it much better.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
Yay Hipster, you brought your idea to life this is gonna be awesome.

Definitely count me in.

Name: spAzn
Why you be allowed into the alliance: Well Zelda is one of my favorite video game characters and I don't really have many of those. She definitely is an interesting character in the LoZ series. I always wanted to play as her and now I have the ability to do so in Smash. She has a very unique moveset and I wanna improve as a Zelda player.
Favorite color: Purple and red (not 100% sure about red though)

Haha I see Luth nominated me for design huh? Yeah, I really don't mind making sigs for this, just give me your ideas and i'll try to bring them to life (how cheesy is that). One thing can the pics be provided I ran out of Zelda pics to use lol. Why you think I switched to Link (fangirlism aside) :p. Oh yeah I can provide ton of gifs as well if needed.

As for the topic, yes for Zelda's buffed D-air I really hope it's like C. Falcon's maybe not as strong and crazy but similiar to it. I really hope it's easy to hit as well I can never aim that thing right always end up missing or dying either way I fail.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Hey I count me in!

Name: Melphyr
Why you be allowed into the Alliance: Because I would die if there was an alliance on the best princess ever and I wasn't part of it!
Favorite Color (Costume): I like most of them... Purple/Black/Green/Blue

As for pictures, it wolud be cool if we could have a picture of the statue above the throne in TP with the goddesses surrounding the triforce

*found it* like this one:

For the name of the alliance... voting for Hylian Harmony,
though I would prefer and therefore submit:

- Kicks of Misfortune
- Arrows of Light
- Goddesses' Power
- Shining Wisdom
- Light wielders
That's quite the picture. I'm sure there will be some way that it will be incorporated. Well see if it will help once we give spAzn our idea. And for your names... there are a bit too many. It would be much easier if you could narrow it down to one. Post 9 shows how voting works. I suggest reading that.
Either way, thank you for your submission.
And Welcome to the Zelda Alliance. :]

Yay Hipster, you brought your idea to life this is gonna be awesome.

Definitely count me in.

Name: spAzn
Why you be allowed into the alliance: Well Zelda is one of my favorite video game characters and I don't really have many of those. She definitely is an interesting character in the LoZ series. I always wanted to play as her and now I have the ability to do so in Smash. She has a very unique moveset and I wanna improve as a Zelda player.
Favorite color: Purple and red (not 100% sure about red though)
Well, what more is there to say?
Thank you for your submission.
And Welcome to the Zelda Alliance. :D

Haha I see Luth nominated me for design huh? Yeah, I really don't mind making sigs for this, just give me your ideas and i'll try to bring them to life (how cheesy is that). One thing can the pics be provided I ran out of Zelda pics to use lol. Why you think I switched to Link (fangirlism aside) :p. Oh yeah I can provide ton of gifs as well if needed.
Yes, and I can see why. Your signatures are always amazing. I'm glad you don't mind doing them. I was thinking, since you do it so well, maybe you can have a GIF of Zelda's Final Smash being used in one of the corners. That would be the best way to incorporate the Light Arrows, I guess.

As for the topic, yes for Zelda's buffed D-air I really hope it's like C. Falcon's maybe not as strong and crazy but similiar to it. I really hope it's easy to hit as well I can never aim that thing right always end up missing or dying either way I fail.
One can only hope. I would like it to be that way too. It would be crazy good. I'm crossing my fingers.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
I sent a PM to ya (Hipster) with an application with something along the lines of this, but ill post it in the actual thread instead for sake of reference~

Name: PwnyRide
Preference (Zelda or Sheik): Zelda!
Why you be allowed into the Alliance: Ive mained Zelda since i started playing melee, and im always looking to improve my game, Zelda wise. And if i'm gonna kick some, why not look good doing it?
Favorite Color (Costume): Purple or Black. Actually to be 100% honest, any is fine with me. Zelda always looks 'smashing'....that really wasnt funny was it? :ohwell:

EDIT: Should start working on a sig now ;)

Luthien

Smash Ace
Yes, and I can see why. Your signatures are always amazing. I'm glad you don't mind doing them. I was thinking, since you do it so well, maybe you can have a GIF of Zelda's Final Smash being used in one of the corners. That would be the best way to incorporate the Light Arrows, I guess.
Okay, so we're going with whole signatures devoted to the alliance, not just a tag? I think a small bird (my favourite idea) in the corner of everyone's individual sig would be better, considering how big this Alliance is going to be (I note some people haven't signed up yet...*coughcough*). But then, considering spAzn's talent, I'm happy either way. :)

...I just love my current (well, not really; soon-to-be-current) signature a lot. But I can understand how just making one sig for everyone would be easier on spAzn. ADIOEOAJ.AJEOIAFIEAJLDKVBAIHEG!!

*Our appoligies, Luthien has left the room in an attempt to make up his mind. Please note: he has failed.*

blueriku

Smash Journeyman
i guess ill give it a shot to apply here i go...

Name: blueriku
Why I will be allowed into the alliance: i love the Zelda series in fact it the only series that i know almost everything about pretty much any game and my favorite character is Zelda. im going to be a Zelda main and i hope to unlock as much potential as possible in maining Zelda i also im one of the few players that incorporate sheik to Zelda combos but in brawl i don't think ill need sheik.
Favorite Color (Costume): defult in melee,in brawl her OOT costume

note: also im a decent artist if you need something drawn i'd love to do it if you want to see some of my art work ill post just give the word.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
I sent a PM to ya (Hipster) with an application with something along the lines of this, but ill post it in the actual thread instead for sake of reference~

Name: PwnyRide
Preference (Zelda or Sheik): Zelda!
Why you be allowed into the Alliance: Ive mained Zelda since i started playing melee, and im always looking to improve my game, Zelda wise. And if i'm gonna kick some, why not look good doing it?
Favorite Color (Costume): Purple or Black. Actually to be 100% honest, any is fine with me. Zelda always looks 'smashing'....that really wasnt funny was it? :ohwell:

EDIT: Should start working on a sig now ;)
Yes, I already added you to the list. I think I even sent you the PM back. Or at least, I hope I did. Either way, Welcome to the Zelda Alliance. :]

Okay, so we're going with whole signatures devoted to the alliance, not just a tag? I think a small bird (my favourite idea) in the corner of everyone's individual sig would be better, considering how big this Alliance is going to be (I note some people haven't signed up yet...*coughcough*). But then, considering spAzn's talent, I'm happy either way. :)

...I just love my current (well, not really; soon-to-be-current) signature a lot. But I can understand how just making one sig for everyone would be easier on spAzn. ADIOEOAJ.AJEOIAFIEAJLDKVBAIHEG!!

*Our appoligies, Luthien has left the room in an attempt to make up his mind. Please note: he has failed.*
Well, it's not really up to me to decide. We do have a Voting Booth, Luthien. If you want, we can open up another booth to decide for it to be a signature or a tag. It doesn't matter to me. No need to go crazy over it. :] But it's not like anyone votes anyway!!! >:/

i guess ill give it a shot to apply here i go...

Name: blueriku
Why I will be allowed into the alliance: i love the Zelda series in fact it the only series that i know almost everything about pretty much any game and my favorite character is Zelda. im going to be a Zelda main and i hope to unlock as much potential as possible in maining Zelda i also im one of the few players that incorporate sheik to Zelda combos but in brawl i don't think ill need sheik.
Favorite Color (Costume): defult in melee,in brawl her OOT costume

note: also im a decent artist if you need something drawn i'd love to do it if you want to see some of my art work ill post just give the word.
Thank you for your submission blueriku. :]
Welcome to the Zelda Alliance.
Concerning your artwork, I'll let you know if we need your work but in the mean time, you can post any picture that you want. It's a very lenient thread.
:}

Mediator

Smash Journeyman
Name:Mediator
Preference (Zelda or Sheik): ZELDA
Why you be allowed into the Alliance:Zelda has taken my breath away since the first time i saw her in play and has captivated me ever since. I play as Zelda 92.5% of the time, and I have angry siblings to prove it.
Favorite Color (Costume): in melee I love the red and in brawl i love the red and black

can you do something with these

"magic is in the hands of the beholder"

"teach me power"

and my idea for the Alliance name:

"The Realm of Wisdom"

blueriku

Smash Journeyman
thanks hipsterkid oh and about the art its cool just let me know when ever and ill post something of zelda later tonight or tomorrow :)

Luthien

Smash Ace
I've been thinking: for the sig, instead of saying: "Proud member of Zelda Alliance (or whatever)", how about a clever slogan we can be recognized with? Example:

"We BAir because we care"
...................... /\
....................../_\
...................../l\ /\
..................../llll\/_\

Yes, I know that triforce isn't exactly Pappioll quality, but you get the gist. It would probably also need to be formated artistically.

Just throwing that out there.

Drake3

Smash Ace
I have alot of alliance names running through my head, but the one that keeps popping up is Covenant for some reason. A sort of pact between the Goddesses and the Zelda players. For the symbol, maybe someone could photoshop the bird from the Royal symbol into a bow with an arrow. It's pretty much in the shape of a bow to begin with.

Edit: Although Sagacity has a nice ring to it.

Luthien

Smash Ace
I have alot of alliance names running through my head, but the one that keeps popping up is Covenant for some reason. A sort of pact between the Goddesses and the Zelda players. For the symbol, maybe someone could photoshop the bird from the Royal symbol into a bow with an arrow. It's pretty much in the shape of a bow to begin with.

Edit: Although Sagacity has a nice ring to it.
Uhuhuh! You need to SIGN UP before suggesting anything.

...silly Drake...

Twilight X

Smash Rookie
Name: Twilight X
Why should I be in the Alliance: Because Zelda has been my main since I got Melee in December of 01. Also because that she has always been my favorite Nintendo character.
Favorite Color: Green

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
So a tag or something small, something simple, alone the lines of this maybe?

Just something that can be placed in the corner of the signature area or next to, so any member is easy to indentify with a glance.

direct link :

http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg20/PwnyRide/?action=view&current=TriforceofWisdomforsiggy.jpg

Of course it can be resized and whatnot to miniscule size, although im not a wizz when it comes to the technical side of image programs, it was made on Adobe Illustrator and saved in JPEG through photoshop. The reason i provide this information is to ask, is there a way i can get rid of the white background? :confused:

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for submitting me and the compliment.:)

Alright, so for the sig you want me to add her FS? Hipster, I swear you can read my mind I was about to make a sig with that included. Oh yeah, and I actually found a great quality video of it wooooo.

So aside from the FS added exactly how do you want this sig? Wait, actually i'm sorta confused do I make individual sigs for everyone with the logo Luthien suggested and, make a sig representing this alliance as a whole with the FS gif you (Hipster) suggested?

Either way just start throwing some idea's at me and i'll get to work. Color, Pics, all that good stuff.

Oh yeah and Blueriku you wouldn't mind showing us some of your work would you? I always like to see drawings made by others :D.

EDIT: @PwnyRide just cut all the white out. When you save if it still shows up white make the background the color of this forum. Not sure that will help since I never actually tried it just a suggestion :).

Arean

Smash Ace
This topic went so fast even I am too lazy to read.... oh wellz... ill just go with the flow...

blueriku

Smash Journeyman
So a tag or something small, something simple, alone the lines of this maybe?

Just something that can be placed in the corner of the signature area or next to, so any member is easy to indentify with a glance.

direct link :

http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg20/PwnyRide/?action=view&current=TriforceofWisdomforsiggy.jpg

Of course it can be resized and whatnot to miniscule size, although im not a wizz when it comes to the technical side of image programs, it was made on Adobe Illustrator and saved in JPEG through photoshop. The reason i provide this information is to ask, is there a way i can get rid of the white background? :confused:
getting rid of the white background is easy as long a you using something like photoshop i can help with that or just go to deviantart.com the search of tutorial on it and you learn that way :)

blink777

Smash Journeyman
(I note some people haven't signed up yet...*coughcough*)
I'm comin', I'm comin'.

Name: blink777
Why you be allowed into the Alliance (one - two sentences, no sarcasm please :]): Because after years of failure, I still try to do ground-to-ground mindgames with Farore's Wind. That and I spent who knows how much time in the Zelda subforums, talking about Zelda's boots and other such wonderful topics.
Favorite Color (Costume): Blue, possibly Red (no more White :()

Can't say I'm a huge fan of the current options for names, but I can't think of anything decent, so I'll just go with whatever. As for sigs... I'd personally prefer to just have a small emblem or something to stick on my exsisting sig, but once again, I'll go with whatever everyone decides on.

Luthien

Smash Ace
I'm comin', I'm comin'.
Well, it's about gosh-darned time!

Name: blink777
Why you be allowed into the Alliance (one - two sentences, no sarcasm please :]): Because after years of failure, I still try to do ground-to-ground mindgames with Farore's Wind.
Same! Although, I've actually been able to pull it off for a while.

That and I spent who knows how much time in the Zelda subforums, talking about Zelda's boots and other such wonderful topics.
Oh yes. Wonderful times. You haven't been around lately. Avoiding spoilers, perhaps?

Favorite Color (Costume): Blue, possibly Red (no more White :()

Can't say I'm a huge fan of the current options for names, but I can't think of anything decent, so I'll just go with whatever. As for sigs... I'd personally prefer to just have a small emblem or something to stick on my exsisting sig, but once again, I'll go with whatever everyone decides on.
Yeah. I agree with this all around. MY POOR WHITE OUTFIT!!

Anyway, of all the names to vote on, I like Zelda Alliance the best (and even then...).

Oh, and Spazn: I don't think we need to worry about that yet. The voting Hipsterkid wants to happen hasn't actually happened yet. Perhaps someone with a premium membership could open a poll sometime (as in: not me)? It's not like any of this needs to be done RIGHT NOW. We still have 34 days before the game even comes out (for most of us... as for Europe: SUCKERS!!).

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Same! Although, I've actually been able to pull it off for a while.
Well, I guess "failure" was a little too much... But it's still nowhere near as fun as Mewtwo's Teleport mindgames ;) .

You haven't been around lately. Avoiding spoilers, perhaps?
Very much so, in terms of SSE that is. Everything else I'm open to being spoiled about. Unfortunately, I've seen elements of Zelda/Peach's storyline that I would have rather had as a surprise, but such is life.

Drake3

Smash Ace
Name: Drake3
Why you be allowed into the Alliance (one - two sentences, no sarcasm please :]): Ever since I heard that Zelda would be in Melee, I instantly dropped Pikachu. There was something about an NPC taking the fight into their own hands that was so appealing. Besides, Zelda herself is awesome, and magic > everything else.
Favorite Color (Costume): I haven't decided. There's something turning me off about the black and original. We'll see when I get the game.

Top Bottom