• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Human Body Mafia - Game Cancelled - All Roles Posted

BreakWing

Smash Rookie
[old]More Tom vs Eor please.

we don't have a list of player roles or anything of that nature. The reason mentioned by the other players aren't serious problems with role claiming but the biggest flaw is the fact that you don't have to actually tell the truth if for some odd reason mafia was some obviously bad organ they could easily just lie. "I'm hair follicles" "I'm the tounge." just pick a body part and run with it.

Role claiming is a horrible idea get off of it. (those who are still on).[/old]

there we go. My last post in order of importance. Hate to sound scummy because I'm getting a lot of information out of their debate.I also added the word "roles" I bolded it so you know where. Hopefully changing your old post to help people understanding what you actually meant isn't scummy...

Also we should site posts and ideas we bring into question with a link or a quote to keep things organized.
I don't care about marvel mafia because the marvel side is too cheap in MvC2 so I'm not going to suggest this same idea there.
I don't understand what you just said. Can you please clarify?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
And either way, you are missing the entire point of what I did for McCloud. It is in no way scummy to attack someone based on prior knowledge.
I'm suspicious of you because I've seen you doing something that you did when you were mafia. If it had been anyone else, most likely, I would've passed over it.

I get your other points, though I don't agree with all of them, and Tom has already reacted to the last part of your post.

BreakWing, <3 quoted himself using [old][old] tags, but switched around the paragraphs in order of what he said was most important. He's basically saying that the Tom/Eor argument continuing is most important, it's easy for the mafia to get away with a fake roleclaim, and that claiming is a bad idea, in order of importance. Also, some people (myself included) have been referencing to past games, and he's asking them to link to the posts or quote the posts we're talking about. Correct me if I misunderstood, <3.

I consider the Eor/Tom argument over, I really don't see what's left for them to argue about. Well, I can, but nothing that will actually help us. I see asking them to keep it up as an excuse for inactivity.

WiiWiiWaa

Smash Rookie
the place where i live has a really long name so l
YES I DISAGREE. As I have stated before, I believe that the random vote phase is pro-town. The random vote phase is a tool used to get a mafia game rolling! If you have absolutely no random vote phase, then what are you going to use to base accusations on? An option is to have someone claim Day 1, but I SEVERELY disagree with that. If you have no random vote phase, townies get attacked just for talking. You have nothing to move you into the game, nothing to dissect, nothing to use to your advantage to hopefully lynch scum Day 1. Not only does it actually get the game rolling with activity, but it dissolves itself into pure gameplay. It also sparks connections, which no matter if they prove to be true or false, give the town something to talk about. The mafia cannot take advantage of it and lynch someone if the town is paying attention and does not let the vote count reach a majority for a joke reason. If someone gets a joke vote, then they are drawn into the game and will probably respond -- activity!
I still believe that it can be used against town. What happens when they defend themselves, and become accused of Mafia?

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
I still believe that it can be used against town. What happens when they defend themselves, and become accused of Mafia?
In other words, it generates fake discussion.

At least there is discussion to speak of, and the game isn't an inactive mess. Sure a townie will most likely be lynched the first day, but that's to be expected. Why do you think no one makes a big fuss over a mislynch on day 1? Everyone expects it to happen. Day 1 random voting still generates discussion and shows how the players in the game react to situations, and they're overall playstyle. This information is invaluable. We can refer back to these situations over the course of the game to spot a change in playstyle and reaction in players. Basically these first few posts give a "background check" of every player playing. If a player changes in anyway, it arouses suspicion. I don't know much about mafia metagame, but i think that's how it works. Or I just might be misguided >.>

spam_master

Smash Rookie
guy's im on vacation. I though I would have computer access but my aunts pc is broken and im posting from a library right now. Be back on monday.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
guy's im on vacation. I though I would have computer access but my aunts pc is broken and im posting from a library right now. Be back on monday.
No problem.

But I would appreciate it if Lance would post soon. He hasn't posted since the game started.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
tom's extensive posts and anger make me think that he's town, because he's just getting pissed off that no one was understanding him.
Eor, I have no idea, because he always terrifies me in these games, and my judgement is to think that he's mafia no matter what.

WiiWiiWaa

Smash Rookie
the place where i live has a really long name so l
At least there is discussion to speak of, and the game isn't an inactive mess. Sure a townie will most likely be lynched the first day, but that's to be expected. Why do you think no one makes a big fuss over a mislynch on day 1? Everyone expects it to happen. Day 1 random voting still generates discussion and shows how the players in the game react to situations, and they're overall playstyle. This information is invaluable. We can refer back to these situations over the course of the game to spot a change in playstyle and reaction in players. Basically these first few posts give a "background check" of every player playing. If a player changes in anyway, it arouses suspicion. I don't know much about mafia metagame, but i think that's how it works. Or I just might be misguided >.>
That actually makes sense, rather than, "it helps town because it starts discussion."

I withdraw from the argument because of this post, which I now agree with.

Unvote: TomCat

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
So, you don't mind if we just vote you out then?

Handorin

Smash Hero
Are you guys voting Lance because he inactive and hope it is an activity prod? I guess that might clear up why two players did it without explination.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
There's nobody else really worth voting for at this point, from my point of view.

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
So, you don't mind if we just vote you out then?
If me getting voted out somehow helped the town in some way, sure. If not, I'd rather not get lynched, especially since i got killed day 1 in hellhouse >.>

I think it's too early for any definitive lynch, since not everyone in the game has posted, and we have nothing legitimate to go on.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Parietal Skull Vote Count --- 11 Votes Needed To Lynch

KevinM : 3 (<3, Breakwing, Ussi)
Handorin : 3 (-Chad-, McCloud, Eor)
Tomkitty : 2 (Handorin, frozenflame751)
Breakwing: 1 (KevinM)
frozenflame751 : 1 (GoldShadow)
Lance87 : 2 (Tomkitty, Variola)

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
unvote: frozenflame751
vote: lance87

At the very least, the people who are discussing and/or arguing provide a basis for comparing their future behavior and deciding who to vote for. The quiet ones will not have much established activity, making their motive or thought process that much more difficult to discern.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
-Chad- has posted once since the game started just to joke vote somebody. McCloud has posted twice, saying he'd post more content later on and that he'd catch up to speed.

So, if we are waiting for Lance to post, I think McCloud and -Chad- should post as well. That way we don't go through the silly "vote an inactive so they speak up and then unvote" phase with them, too.

I don't know how necessary it is to vote someone and order them to speak, when you could just ask them. So early in the game, anyway.

I also don't see why people who jokevoted at the beginning haven't taken those votes off yet.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I don't know how necessary it is to vote someone and order them to speak, when you could just ask them. So early in the game, anyway.
I should expand on this.

Right now, we need 11 votes to lynch. If you were inactive, and were being forced to post by people voting you, you probably wouldn't care to post until...let's say at least 6 votes. I personally wouldn't do it until 9 votes, but I'll just use this example. How practical is it to have half of the needed lynch vote someone telling them to talk, the target comes in and says "wuz crackin' doods i'm here", and then all those people repost unvoting the person?

It'll just leave those "hanging votes", the votes you put on people that you don't really think are mafia, but just do it anyway. Those kind of votes are filling the vote count right now, and not many have unvoted those joke votes.

If you just want a person's take on something or want them to contribute this early in the game, they may take note if you just ask them to. If worse comes to worse, we can just ask Medi to prod them.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
So you are agreeing with WiiWaa that I'm scummy enough for a vote simply because I said roleclaiming was bad and the random-vote phase is good? That is not telling for scum at ALL. I was advising new players what not to do Day 1. I disagree with you because I think that the random vote phase is good, mainly because it promotes discussion once it has ended, and it leads to and dissolves directly into discussion. HOWEVER, your main disagreement with me was over semantics -- what I said applied to Day 1 only, and I should have specified such; you took my statement as a blanket statement and argued against it, perfectly acceptable. It was my fault that I did not specify context, because I assumed that everyone would understand that I was talking about Day 1 actions on Day 1. I was correct in my context, you were correct in yours, and you still think I am scummy.
The bolded was all I was waiting for. And no, I don't agree with WiiWaa.

Unvote: Tomkitty

I'm going to be out of town until monday night with very limited comp. access.

Just as a final note, if by some fluke lance ends up getting lynched for inactivity, anyone who bandwagoned him needs to be scrutinized, as if that wasn't already common sense.

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
&quot;So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
I'm back, I haven't had much time to read through all of it. But the general gist is that Tom is defending himself against Eor, Eor thinks he's scum, amirite?

At any rate I've always seen Tom try to lead the game whenever he is in one so that in itself is not a scum tell.

Random phase IS good for getting people active and getting votes started. Pressure votes do help and they may cause mafia to slip and etc.

2 cents for tonight, I'm tired.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Cerebrospinal Fluid Vote Count --- 11 Votes Needed To Lynch

KevinM : 3 (<3, Breakwing, Ussi)
Handorin : 2 (McCloud, Eor)
Breakwing: 1 (KevinM)
Lance87 : 3 (Variola, GoldShadow, Handorin)

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
You guys voting on me cause i'm inactive?

That's worked in the past....

Anyways guys, Fri-Sundays, I'm at work 36 hours out of 72, not counting the drive and sleeping, so you're not gonna hear from me typically on the weekends.

I wouldn't even have posted this if Tom hadn't told me to ask for a replacement.

-Chad-

Slackerator
zomfg <3 Chad, Munchkin this week sometime?!

more realistically i'll be free the next week though..........
Yessir, but first your must tell us all your alignment =o

I finally got a job =x but next week I got a lot of days off since I'm new, so we may could schedule some munchkins then.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
LOL

Question for everyone: What do you think about voting No lynch today?

Handorin

Smash Hero
LOL

Question for everyone: What do you think about voting No lynch today?
I think it's a good idea that is usually over looked here. We really dont have any info because the lack of night actions, and we got some discussion in. So we have ties, etc except for the inactive people. Even I just forgot about O.o

unvote: Lance
Vote: No Lynch

Top Bottom