• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Human Body Mafia - Game Cancelled - All Roles Posted

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I think you're possibly mafia because of your anger at Frozenflame, which reminded me of how pissed I was in SP mafia when people almost lynched me for trying to get dr.someone's alignment, which I would of done as a townie, and I think that what you said is something you'd say if you were town, so you're angry you might be found out for something you'd do anyways. But then again, you've been angry at people for little things like that before. But that's circumstantial evidence, and while just about all mafia evidence is circumstantial, I don't want to vote yet. Your first post also rubbed me wrong, because you never really try to take a leading role. I'd vote for you, but I'd rather wait for more because I don't want to start a rush.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I think you're possibly mafia because of your anger at Frozenflame, which reminded me of how pissed I was in SP mafia when people almost lynched me for trying to get dr.someone's alignment, which I would of done as a townie, and I think that what you said is something you'd say if you were town, so you're angry you might be found out for something you'd do anyways.
See, I'm having trouble believing you Eor. You always make these references to past games, but it's hard to take them seriously when they're always so fishy. Here you're trying to put pressure on Tom by relating to what you did in another game. This is exactly what you did in Tomafia when you were mafia and tried to get McCloud, a townie, lynched.
That line bothered me, because that was the exact logic I used to get away with murdering townies in South parka mafia.
See how similar this post is to Eor's most recent? He tries to cast suspicion on each player by relating to things he has done in the past.
Your first post also rubbed me wrong, because you never really try to take a leading role. I'd vote for you, but I'd rather wait for more because I don't want to start a rush.
Tom hasn't played a lot of mafia games around here, and even when he has, he's usually one of the most active players. He posted a lot in hellhouse and marvel, so I don't see where you're coming from when you say he doesn't try to take a "leading role".

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
See, I'm having trouble believing you Eor. You always make these references to past games, but it's hard to take them seriously when they're always so fishy. Here you're trying to put pressure on Tom by relating to what you did in another game. This is exactly what you did in Tomafia when you were mafia and tried to get McCloud, a townie, lynched.
Yes, it is what I did. What I said as mafia was true, I did use the same logic McCloud did. It's terrible logic that McCLoud was using, everyone agreed with it. Being mafia does not mean that everything someone says is a lie. And either way, you are missing the entire point of what I did for McCloud. It is in no way scummy to attack someone based on prior knowledge. What is scummy is to make a post attacking someone without providing more evidence or a reason why you're not voting. That is when you're trying to turn people against someone but don't want to be blamed for it.

See how similar this post is to Eor's most recent? He tries to cast suspicion on each player by relating to things he has done in the past.
Answered above, you've missed the tactic. If people had used the fact that Frozenflame was pissed about getting killed for a dumb reason as independent to what I was doing in SP mafia II, I'd of been lynched. But no one did. In Trigun, I used what I did in SP mafia to get Jiano lynched because he was doing what I was doing. People have similar reactions to the same things

Tom hasn't played a lot of mafia games around here, and even when he has, he's usually one of the most active players. He posted a lot in hellhouse and marvel, so I don't see where you're coming from when you say he doesn't try to take a "leading role".
He wasn't active in Hellhouse, he was only active in Marvel because he wanted to die, and in the Fog and Infection! he keeps himself as an important person, but doesn't call the shots. Activity has nothing to do with a leading role.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Geez, do people really get this worked up over forum mafia games?
I do.

Your first post also rubbed me wrong, because you never really try to take a leading role. I'd vote for you, but I'd rather wait for more because I don't want to start a rush.
Can you cite examples? I took an active role in MARVEL, leading the entire town towards my objective. That was a leading role. I can send you mafiascum links if you want. I try to be extremely active in Mafia.

Also, I called a shot in Infection. Or maybe you can say I called a stab.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Also, I haven't done anything scummy.

I've gotten angry at Frozenflame for saying I was wrong, when I am absolutely certain that I was right. We had a misstep in semantics (read: context). I haven't pushed for any lynches, I haven't asked anyone to claim, I haven't done anything scummy.

Unvote: Flipstar
Vote: Flipstar

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
You took an active role in Marvel killing yourself, as you were an independent. Stabbing Marshigio in the back of the head isn't taking control of the group :(

But like I said elsewhere, active doesn't mean leading. By leading I mean sole leading, like me in Trigun, SP mafia, or Frozenflame in Food Court, or Ligolski/Ronike in the thing then Evil Eye, and I saw your first post then angry response to frozenflame as trying to do that.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Ah, new post.

I've said all that you've done is circumstantial, that's why I'm not voting for you or calling for your lynch.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
You took an active role in Marvel killing yourself, as you were an independent. Stabbing Marshigio in the back of the head isn't taking control of the group :(

But like I said elsewhere, active doesn't mean leading. By leading I mean sole leading, like me in Trigun, SP mafia, or Frozenflame in Food Court, or Ligolski/Ronike in the thing then Evil Eye, and I saw your first post then angry response to frozenflame as trying to do that.
I really have no idea what you are accusing me of doing. Leading the town?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I really have no idea what you are accusing me of doing. Leading the town?
Don't make me repeat my points now, I've already clearly laid out my side and told you everything about it.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Don't make me repeat my points now, I've already clearly laid out my side and told you everything about it.
Actually, you typed a garbled run-on statement about how I'm scummy because I got mad at someone and I led the town. If your points are so clear, you should be able to confirm them for me.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Actually, you typed a garbled run-on statement about how I'm scummy because I got mad at someone and I led the town.
Personal attack!

If your points are so clear, you should be able to confirm them for me.
Marshigio seemed to have no problem understanding them without butchering everything to little sound bites, so here we go.

I think you're possibly mafia because of your anger at Frozenflame, which reminded me of how pissed I was in SP mafia when people almost lynched me for trying to get dr.someone's alignment, which I would of done if I was a townie (I was mafia there), and I think that what you said is something you'd say if you were town, so you're angry you might be found out for something you'd do even if you weren't anti-town. That assumption only works if you're mafia, of course, and you have been uncharacteristically angry at little things over the last month, so it's nothing to vote on.

And your first post was a "here's what we do" type of thing that's not exactly normal for you, but again it's circumstantial.

If you're going to try and attack me for not having "strong evidence" against you, then at least wait for me to actually claim I have strong evidence against you. Every post I've had so far against you (except maybe in response to Marshigio) I've mentioned that this is circumstantial. The day has barely started.

But hey, at least we're out of the terrible joke vote craze.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Im not attacking you, at all. I never did. I just said that I didnt understand your claim that I was scummy, and I still dont. It is not legitimate.

Also, we shouldn't be out of the joke vote phase. And it is GOOD for town.

Also also, you have no proof that I am not the type to lead the town. -_- I cannot believe I am being considered scummy for outlining legitimate day 1 ground rules and HELPING people. Here is how it happened, if you have been reading along: Goldshadow asks what claiming is, I tell him and say organclaiming is useless, Handorin says im wrong, I disprove him and say that claiming is not good and joke-vote phase is pro-town, and then frozen disagrees with me. I get mad at him because he insults my mafia experience, he flame him with equal heat plus some tom-cussing, and then you say im scummy.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
for those who don't know, I'm nosurprises and tom is symptom

symptom129 (3:52:42 PM): im not going to say anything besides
symptom129 (3:52:48 PM): if you seriously think im scummy youre ******** <3
NoSurprises 238 (3:53:03 PM): you missed an apostraphe!
NoSurprises 238 (3:53:10 PM): and now i have to post this in the thread so we're nto cheating
symptom129 (3:53:28 PM): you misspelled apostrophe!
symptom129 (3:53:31 PM): and sure
NoSurprises 238 (3:53:36 PM):

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Im not attacking you, at all. I never did. I just said that I didnt understand your claim that I was scummy, and I still dont. It is not legitimate.

Also, we shouldn't be out of the joke vote phase. And it is GOOD for town.

Also also, you have no proof that I am not the type to lead the town. -_- I cannot believe I am being considered scummy for outlining legitimate day 1 ground rules and HELPING people. Here is how it happened, if you have been reading along: Goldshadow asks what claiming is, I tell him and say organclaiming is useless, Handorin says im wrong, I disprove him and say that claiming is not good and joke-vote phase is pro-town, and then frozen disagrees with me. I get mad at him because he insults my mafia experience, he flame him with equal heat plus some tom-cussing, and then you say im scummy.
Cry about it

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
we don't have a list of players or anything of that nature. The reason mentioned by the other players aren't serious problems with role claiming but the biggest flaw is the fact that you don't have to actually tell the truth if for some odd reason mafia was some obviously bad organ they could easily just lie. "I'm hair follicles" "I'm the tounge." just pick a body part and run with it.

Role claiming is a horrible idea get off of it. (those who are still on).

More Tom vs Eor please.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
We're both right. Also, I never like you ever again because I hold grudges.
We're both right? Sounds like a cop-out so you don't have to address my post. At all.

Basically until that happens, my vote is cemented on you.

If you're going to rationalize that my entire post is practically irrelevant because you believe we had a simple semantic misunderstanding, then I can only conclude you're dodging my questioning of your stance. I vaguely recall you saying something like figuring out who is dodging questions helps us figure out who is scummy. This scenario sounds like a perfect example of that.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I don't think that Eor nor Tom has a good enough argument to convict the other as scum. It seems to me like a typical day 1 argument where everything odd you do turns into a big thing.
Don't infer that Eor is scum from my argument with him, because I am not implying it at all. If I were, I would have voted for him.

We're both right? Sounds like a cop-out so you don't have to address my post. At all.

Basically until that happens, my vote is cemented on you.

If you're going to rationalize that my entire post is practically irrelevant because you believe we had a simple semantic misunderstanding, then I can only conclude you're dodging my questioning of your stance. I vaguely recall you saying something like figuring out who is dodging questions helps us figure out who is scummy. This scenario sounds like a perfect example of that.
So you are agreeing with WiiWaa that I'm scummy enough for a vote simply because I said roleclaiming was bad and the random-vote phase is good? That is not telling for scum at ALL. I was advising new players what not to do Day 1. I disagree with you because I think that the random vote phase is good, mainly because it promotes discussion once it has ended, and it leads to and dissolves directly into discussion. HOWEVER, your main disagreement with me was over semantics -- what I said applied to Day 1 only, and I should have specified such; you took my statement as a blanket statement and argued against it, perfectly acceptable. It was my fault that I did not specify context, because I assumed that everyone would understand that I was talking about Day 1 actions on Day 1. I was correct in my context, you were correct in yours, and you still think I am scummy.

I have not voted for anyone other than randomly yet. I have not pointed fingers subtly or outrightly towards anyone -- I have just disagreed with people. I have not done anything scummy at all, and I should not be lynched.

@Handorin, Variola, MrLombardi: I appreciate that you are being active, but you are not helping anyone. You should express your opinions on the issue! You should vote people! Ask people questions! Demand activity! Talk about Day 1 in general!

I signaled out you three because you basically just said, "Hey, I'm here." But there are TWENTY ONE players in this game, everything should not be this quiet or focused on just three people! I voted, unvoted, and voted Flipstar because he has not been active, I just randomly picked an inactive, but what about Lance, -Chad-, Breakwing, spam_master, KevinM? What do you all have to contribute to Day 1? Lets be active.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
As I stated before, I believe the random vote phase can be used as an advantage to the Mafia. Do you disagree?
YES I DISAGREE. As I have stated before, I believe that the random vote phase is pro-town. The random vote phase is a tool used to get a mafia game rolling! If you have absolutely no random vote phase, then what are you going to use to base accusations on? An option is to have someone claim Day 1, but I SEVERELY disagree with that. If you have no random vote phase, townies get attacked just for talking. You have nothing to move you into the game, nothing to dissect, nothing to use to your advantage to hopefully lynch scum Day 1. Not only does it actually get the game rolling with activity, but it dissolves itself into pure gameplay. It also sparks connections, which no matter if they prove to be true or false, give the town something to talk about. The mafia cannot take advantage of it and lynch someone if the town is paying attention and does not let the vote count reach a majority for a joke reason. If someone gets a joke vote, then they are drawn into the game and will probably respond -- activity!

Handorin

Smash Hero
Tom said:
@Handorin, Variola, MrLombardi: I appreciate that you are being active, but you are not helping anyone. You should express your opinions on the issue! You should vote people! Ask people questions! Demand activity! Talk about Day 1 in general!
I have voted, but I shall again for emphisis.
Unvote: Tom
Vote: Tom

I am done expressing my opinions on the issue as I have stated before. Until something new comes up, I have nothing to say really.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer

I am done expressing my opinions on the issue as I have stated before. Until something new comes up, I have nothing to say really.
If everyone did this, then nothing would happen. If everyone but one person did this, that one person would get lynched. Basically what I'm trying to say is that REACTIVITY is not ACTIVITY.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Lynch me then if you think that. I really have nothing to say at the moment.

Also, is there an official vote count around somewhere? Id like to see how close we are to a lynch.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer

Also, is there an official vote count around somewhere? Id like to see how close we are to a lynch.
Lynch you if I think that you are inactive? Handorin, you are smarter than that. Inactivity is not a reason to lynch someone, its a reason for the GM to prod them and then replace them.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Scalp Vote Count --- 11 Votes Needed To Lynch

By request.

KevinM : 3 (<3, Breakwing, Ussi)
Handorin : 3 (-Chad-, McCloud, Eor)
Tomkitty : 3 (Handorin, WiiWiiWaa, frozenflame751)
Breakwing: 1 (KevinM)
Eor : 1 (Variola)
Flipstar : 1 (Tomkitty)
frozenflame751 : 1 (GoldShadow)

Handorin

Smash Hero
Lynch you if I think that you are inactive? Handorin, you are smarter than that. Inactivity is not a reason to lynch someone, its a reason for the GM to prod them and then replace them.
I know. That's why I said that. =P You know how I like to be sarcastic

Handorin

Smash Hero
So basically now, because you're sarcastic, anything you say on day 1 can just be taken back. If anyone finds you scummy, you were being sarcastic.
Not everything I say is sarcastic.

Maybe I should start using sarcastic tags for dense people

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace

Right, because you could totally detect that you were being sarcastic here.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
<3 says this, and then essentially bows out?
this statement really jumped out to me.
[old]More Tom vs Eor please.

we don't have a list of player roles or anything of that nature. The reason mentioned by the other players aren't serious problems with role claiming but the biggest flaw is the fact that you don't have to actually tell the truth if for some odd reason mafia was some obviously bad organ they could easily just lie. "I'm hair follicles" "I'm the tounge." just pick a body part and run with it.

Role claiming is a horrible idea get off of it. (those who are still on).[/old]

there we go. My last post in order of importance. Hate to sound scummy because I'm getting a lot of information out of their debate.I also added the word "roles" I bolded it so you know where. Hopefully changing your old post to help people understanding what you actually meant isn't scummy...

Also we should site posts and ideas we bring into question with a link or a quote to keep things organized.
I don't care about marvel mafia because the marvel side is too cheap in MvC2 so I'm not going to suggest this same idea there.

Top Bottom