• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hrnut Presents Mmoiwky

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
PS i challenge ANYONE to a Gym Leader Challenge.

I.E. you must beat my PT in best out of three, all on PS1.

u can pick whoever

5 dollar MINIMUM

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
Piu>itg>ddr

I don't use MTGO.

I meant an Irl MM.

I'll do a sealed deck MM 3/5 rav block winner takes all loser pays.
lol i meant MWS or Apprentice not MTGO... that ****s gay.

andddd eehhh no on the sealed deck thing. I stopped playing at Kamigawa, I'm sure I'm waaaayyy toooo rusty.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
ddr is really easy considering that the steps are so clumped together, and the songs suck **** compared to PIU where the songs are amazing and the steps are synced almost perfectly for every song.

ITG has awesome songs, but some of them are synced pretty badly if you DL them. Thats the thing I like about ITG though. I can play any song I want off of my usb thing. I wish PIU had that.

lol i meant MWS or Apprentice not MTGO... that ****s gay.

andddd eehhh no on the sealed deck thing. I stopped playing at Kamigawa, I'm sure I'm waaaayyy toooo rusty.

I still wouldn't do a MM over those haha. Only irl =P

And I'm just getting back into MTG competivly too, but I quit back in 2006 as well, so I'd be mad rusty as well. We could always do a few test games to get you un rusty :D

kamigawa block?

Frames

DI
It's all about percentage in ITG, great count in DDR.
DP calculation > great count in terms of accuracy

im assuming that any mm would be SN2

so imagine the following case

random song
me: 11p 5g
u: 49p 0g

you would have the higher machine score so you would win

also you have less greats

but i have a higher dp count so i technically have a higher score

ddr is weird on their scoring >.< but dp score is the preferred method for tournaments

edit - PIU is awesome, but 4 panel all the way since they have stricter timing windows

nevershootme

Smash Master
ddr is really easy considering that the steps are so clumped together, and the songs suck **** compared to PIU where the songs are amazing and the steps are synced almost perfectly for every song.

ITG has awesome songs, but some of them are synced pretty badly if you DL them. Thats the thing I like about ITG though. I can play any song I want off of my usb thing. I wish PIU had that.
PIU Pro (ITG with pump steps) and now DDR X has USB support. ITG2 i'm not even having fun with it's overlayed steps (Think guitar hero vs rock band...). but screw all of that, Beatmania, Pop'n Music, and Rock band drums or Drummania is where it's at.. Sheit, i wanna play DDR X now...

As a matter of fact.. i'll bring my ignition pad and ps2 with SuperNova 2 JP version and we'll be ballin at my tourney!

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Supernova one was garbage. I still have that game. Hopefully the 2nd one was ok.

I wish I was still as small as I was in 2006 when I still played competitivly :(

Gingerr

Smash Lord
I think the music on ITG is garbage, I also feel the same about a majority of the charts. It just seems like Kyle Ward made one chart, and then just copy/pasted random parts into all of the other charts. It's all the same ****.

I haven't been to a DDR Storm in way too long to remember how things are done, I just remember it had mostly everything to do with great count, since in DDR, if you're good enough to be attending tournaments, you don't get anything but greats and perfects anyways.

PIU is awesome, and regardless of the easy timing, the game is leagues harder than DDR or ITG. PIU tournaments are all about combo, not timing.

Also, I don't play on anything but an arcade. Supernova had Honey Punch, a consistent AAA for me. I love that song way too much.

Pop'n Music is fun and all, but you get a little discouraged when your best friend is the best player in the country :] Not to mention, Nexus' machine is so old I have little to no interest in playing on it anyways. Pop'n Party is out and we still have Carnival.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
I think the music on ITG is garbage, I also feel the same about a majority of the charts. It just seems like Kyle Ward made one chart, and then just copy/pasted random parts into all of the other charts. It's all the same ****.

I haven't been to a DDR Storm in way too long to remember how things are done, I just remember it had mostly everything to do with great count, since in DDR, if you're good enough to be attending tournaments, you don't get anything but greats and perfects anyways.

PIU is awesome, and regardless of the easy timing, the game is leagues harder than DDR or ITG. PIU tournaments are all about combo, not timing.
haha. I play ITG on my computer, and the charts are fine for me =P

PIU is easily harder, then ITG, then DDR. Try playing Dignity or what do you really want on nightmare, then playing Vertex^, and then either of the max songs and tell me which one is harder. x_x

8bit, thats only for ddr. PIU is fine on the USA versions.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Oh my god. WDYRW. I haven't heard that song in forever! It's so good, too! I want to listen to it right now! I remember back when I lived in Tampa with my ex, he and my best friend would go play Pump like everyday at Tampa Lanes, and I heard those two songs all of the time.

Oh wow, memory lane!

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Oh my god. WDYRW. I haven't heard that song in forever! It's so good, too! I want to listen to it right now! I remember back when I lived in Tampa with my ex, he and my best friend would go play Pump like everyday at Tampa Lanes, and I heard those two songs all of the time.

Oh wow, memory lane!
Yeah, diginty and WDYRW are made by the same korean metal artist too. Both are amazing songs.

The last time I played PIU was at tampa lanes actually, and they had one NX station set up, and I couldn't even pass turkey march on hard(7) anymore ;_;

nevershootme

Smash Master

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Crash. Best artist on PIU.
I spent a lot of my time at Tampa Lanes, I heard they upgraded the machine, too. Is the NX machine still incredibly Korean so you can't understand anything on it? Or maybe that was the machine that they got at one of the malls xD

Equi

Smash Ace
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y283/azngamer/?action=view&current=ass030.flv

my own ghetto ***** freestyle of sexy planet (challenge). and it was the song me and my friends would play every time we go there... add pelvic thrusts and knee smashing and you got the good times from 3 years ago -_-

nevershootme, what's the plan stan? You gonna ftilt in teamz? I was thinking about spamming bair and fsmashing occasionally, you know, mindgames.

And I hear rumors that there will be cake at this event. And pie.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Crash. Best artist on PIU.
I spent a lot of my time at Tampa Lanes, I heard they upgraded the machine, too. Is the NX machine still incredibly Korean so you can't understand anything on it? Or maybe that was the machine that they got at one of the malls xD
Yeah deffinatly.

lmao nah its full english last time I checked. Or maybe I didn't even notice.

The one DDR max machine in the back was japanese, and one of the pads was garbage(left p2 pad didn't work).

nevershootme

Smash Master
nevershootme, what's the plan stan? You gonna ftilt in teamz? I was thinking about spamming bair and fsmashing occasionally, you know, mindgames.

And I hear rumors that there will be cake at this event. And pie.
just sit there for any fool to walk to me and eat a uptilt. then i'll pause and eat a slice of cake... then if they get caught in my snake arts, then it's another pause and some ice cream and cake. then if they get hit from my box, i'll pause and rip their controllers off cuz they got edgeguarded by a box like a fool... Then i'll play MK using Rx-'s style with a mix of m2k style

Gingerr

Smash Lord
diveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu good stuff

edit - what is kaze in like EVERY ddr video ever? lol
He's like, my best friend. He's in Japan right now with my ex (other guy in the video) playing a ton of video games. They come home on the 15th and I am so excited! :chuckle:

Equi

Smash Ace
just sit there for any fool to walk to me and eat a uptilt. then i'll pause and eat a slice of cake... then if they get caught in my snake arts, then it's another pause and some soda. then if they get hit from my box, i'll pause and rip their controllers off cuz they got edgeguarded by a box
Sounds good to me. I, too, my good friend, spam utilt and ftilt with Snake.

I must say, it is good to know that ALL OF US are CONSTANTLY inventing new tactics with Snock! It's a pleasure!

Frames

DI
He's like, my best friend. He's in Japan right now with my ex (other guy in the video) playing a ton of video games. They come home on the 15th and I am so excited! :chuckle:
yo if he's in japan, you betta tell him to get to that ddr x test location and hit that up!!

Top Bottom