• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How would this affect your character?

kupo15

Smash Hero
Hi,
I don't know how many of you know what brawl+ is but its basically a project designed to make brawl more competitive like the previous two smash games by bringing back the mechanics that were found in smash 64.

How would removing the plummeting dair affect GaW given the fact that he is a combo machine in brawl+? Think about being able to Dair and stay in mid air AND being able to follow up after it because of hitstun. What would this improve about Gaw and what would it take away and what do you think is best for gaw in brawl+ where he and many other characters already can do a lot more things.

I'm asking you because I don't know anything about gaw and I know such a code will help sheik, ZSS and probably TL.

Thanks for your time

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
It's a nerf. Mr. Game & Watch can already slowfall the key to do all of that except follow up on the key because it has pretty big knockback (contrary to popular belief, standard brawl has hitstun), and it would make the game worse by making it less interesting (it's mostly just removing an option). However, "brawl+" already makes a lot of changes that aren't exactly what I'd call improvements, and I am never going to play it. You can do what you want with it really.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
it really depends on which version you play on what your opinion about it will be
you cant really call anything an improvement to regular brawl since brawl+ is simply for the entertainment of the users
although it would improve almost every character's game compared to brawl, no point in knowing any new combos discovered in brawl+,since again,it cant be used in official tournys

i can imagine that G&W would be nice though

kupo15

Smash Hero
it really depends on which version you play on what your opinion about it will be
you cant really call anything an improvement to regular brawl since brawl+ is simply for the entertainment of the users
although it would improve almost every character's game compared to brawl, no point in knowing any new combos discovered in brawl+,since again,it cant be used in official tournys

i can imagine that G&W would be nice though
That's not the point of this thread. I'm trying to not start a brawl+ vs brawl debate here. Here is another suggestion. How would cutting the time stuck in the key help GaW? Better I would assume? Just curious

K 2

Smash Lord
Idk, I really like the way G&W's key is right now. Yeah, it has a bit of lag and such, but its REALLY good nonetheless. I honestly wouldn't make any changes to it, except of course, no start up time, insane knockback, and no end lag (MK, anyone?) =P jk, I love the way the key is.

Noa.

Smash Master
Like mentioned before, the key's fine. Unlike Tl, Zamus and co., we can already slowfall the key. It's too good a move that a buff would make it cheap. Try Ftilt and Utilt if you want some moves to buff.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Like mentioned before, the key's fine. Unlike Tl, Zamus and co., we can already slowfall the key. It's too good a move that a buff would make it cheap. Try Ftilt and Utilt if you want some moves to buff.
Ok. We don't plan on buffing Gaw, he is too good as it is lol. Thanks for your feedback

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Make it fall the same, but spike the whole way down..

Is that possible?
This. This. This.

The D-air beats out stuff like the Shuttle Loop and the Dolphin Slash, so consistently spiking characters like Marth and Metaknight and Diddy for an easy gimp would make G&W god tier.

Cel

Smash Cadet
I feel it would make the key worse because its a already can be used for a variety of things. If you use it correctly you can sneak some damage if your opp. doesnt know if you will fast fall it or not, and i use it as a quick way to get back to the ground as well. Doesnt sound like a good update to me. And if they cut down on the time that g&w is stuck in the key i can really see a "get g&w banned" petition getting started since that would make the move extremly broken.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Really the Key was broken enough as it is in the second (?) beta.
G&W had like no aerial lag and could spam Key and Fair with practically no lag or punishment.

I love how the key is. A spike during the first frames, it is the stall then fall move that can me controlled after use, can already be slowfalled, pillaring and whatever other use for it.
It might be better for characters like TL or ZSS to have it stay in place; I wouldn't know exactly because I don't play them but G&W is fine as it is.

Top Bottom