• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

tm

Smash Ace
woah, you're right, but you weren't there the other day o_O
or maybe my friend somehow didn't copy your name to the list that was posted.

the rundown:
Basically scar metroid j00t gravy windrose all falcons
roki plays fox/ whoever but will go falcon against ganon
shaeden is a solid MI falco, who will probably destroy me
garzal is in the toledo crew with me, previously from columbus. He plays marth but isn't very experienced yet.
dunno who blinK is

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Hey kage, did you ever watch my bracket vid? I'd love some more help before the Big House.
(relink) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0jHIqVglpo
Its a little tough to give advice when to me it seems both of you are all over the place. >_< lol.

You have to structure your attacks better, you jump way too much. For Ganon to jump it's usually a big commitment since his jumps and his moves are pretty slow. You should stay grounded against Falcon because he can easily counter attack you with his speed. I don't think I've seen a single techchase or grab setups with either of you. lol. When you jab a shield, you are unsafe but idk why you got hit with dair OOS a few times, that should not work you have time to shield at least. Though you counter-attacked his Nair pretty good at times when you backjump Faired it or backjump bair, both works. It might be also interesting if you are too close with Falcon, that's when you should CC at low % and go for grabs since you can possibly mess up his spacing, I've had it happen where you can CC first hit nair and jab before 2nd hit comes out.

Also try as best you can to never be above Falcon, that's pretty much suicide which is why also I said don't jump too much, jump only after Falcon jumped first if you can. And ya Ftilt is good if you can call his jump as well at that range because if you hit his shield with ftilt, he might have time to reset himself a little bit. If you hit him too close with ftilt then he can grab you. You can also string jab -> dashattack/dtilt/ftilt as a true combo.. you should mess around with that. Also try to uair if you see Falcon come down at you and possibly link it to another aerial after.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Don't get fooled by falcons dash dance. If you think he's going to do it (or if he IS doing it clearly trying to bait a fair), just jump into a waveland grab or ftilt (safer). As for his nair, bair beats it, uair trades, high-angled ftilt can beat it and leads to a tech chase even at low percent. Don't be in your shield too much. If you screw up your spacing and are going to get hit, it'll usually be with a nair. Crouch cancel that **** at low percents, free grab or jab. At high percents DI down and away to avoid getting comboed. It's probably best to sdi it, but I suck at sdi.

That's falcon advice for a start, so hopefully we can both put in some work in our pools!

Oh and I wasn't in the pool the other day because if some registration errors on my part

tm

Smash Ace
Its a little tough to give advice when to me it seems both of you are all over the place. >_< lol.

You have to structure your attacks better, you jump way too much. For Ganon to jump it's usually a big commitment since his jumps and his moves are pretty slow. You should stay grounded against Falcon because he can easily counter attack you with his speed. I don't think I've seen a single techchase or grab setups with either of you. lol. When you jab a shield, you are unsafe but idk why you got hit with dair OOS a few times, that should not work you have time to shield at least. Though you counter-attacked his Nair pretty good at times when you backjump Faired it or backjump bair, both works. It might be also interesting if you are too close with Falcon, that's when you should CC at low % and go for grabs since you can possibly mess up his spacing, I've had it happen where you can CC first hit nair and jab before 2nd hit comes out.

Also try as best you can to never be above Falcon, that's pretty much suicide which is why also I said don't jump too much, jump only after Falcon jumped first if you can. And ya Ftilt is good if you can call his jump as well at that range because if you hit his shield with ftilt, he might have time to reset himself a little bit. If you hit him too close with ftilt then he can grab you. You can also string jab -> dashattack/dtilt/ftilt as a true combo.. you should mess around with that. Also try to uair if you see Falcon come down at you and possibly link it to another aerial after.
thanks a lot, some of this is what I expected, but a few things I wouldn't have thought of. It's nice too see it collected clearly.
One of my big flaws is that when the other person is DDing, I feel the need to look threatening/ fast, so I end up jumping a lot and whiffing aerials because I try to predict their approach instead of being patient and staying grounded. I can definitely focus on these things now though.

Don't get fooled by falcons dash dance. If you think he's going to do it (or if he IS doing it clearly trying to bait a fair), just jump into a waveland grab or ftilt (safer). As for his nair, bair beats it, uair trades, high-angled ftilt can beat it and leads to a tech chase even at low percent. Don't be in your shield too much. If you screw up your spacing and are going to get hit, it'll usually be with a nair. Crouch cancel that **** at low percents, free grab or jab. At high percents DI down and away to avoid getting comboed. It's probably best to sdi it, but I suck at sdi.

That's falcon advice for a start, so hopefully we can both put in some work in our pools!

Oh and I wasn't in the pool the other day because if some registration errors on my part
thanks as well, and good luck this weekend. It'll be sweet to meet some of you guys on here. Big House 2 was my second tournament, so I'm hoping to demonstrate my improvement and learn a lot more. The concentration of talent at this will be ridiculous

tm

Smash Ace
Had an amazing time at the big house. It was cool meeting you guys (kage, pseudoturtle, and trail [we played in doubles but didn't talk])

till next time (apex anyone?)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ya man, it was fun Pseudo/tm. =D Im gonna see if I can practice just a little more to increase my technical consistency. It was a little annoying in tournament matches to SD for no reason or not move exactly the way I wanted but i guess ill never really know if the matches could've been that much different. =P

tm

Smash Ace
double post because poor timing

Yeah kage, when you were on it you played amazing, but had some unfortunate mistakes. I honestly think you were *that* close from beating both darkatma and PPU, but oh well. Not to say they didn't deserve the win, as they are both great players. Just gotta get so good that you'll still win on your worst day :p

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ya it's all good, i went there for fun mainly as I don't have much time to play but Ill try to squeeze some time for it for the next tournaments coming up real soon.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
if you guys wanna make your **** hard from some ganondorf nonsense, check some of these videos out

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bz8Du4TQSx9LeWwzLTc1LW0wTzQ&usp=sharing

the only stuff worth watching imo is the top row and "team edgeguard" at the bottom

oh and REAL tech skill in the second row

i'm the japanese character tag (for those curious, it spells out roshia [russia]), renth is PGHG, Dap is my apprentice, and rock is rockcrock (duh)

also good **** roy, saw you play cort. you should have just gone ganondorf the whole set.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ok so ya, I got hit by the laser while still in the air and then I wavelanded backwards while holding down and then grabbing his nair as he couldn't follow it up. You should try also to SDI the laser so you have enough room to waveland but usually I dont think there's a problem with that, I think i just SDIed in the direction of the floor away from him, it worked out really well there and punished him hard lol.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Kage, the best thing about your falcon matches is your ability to adapt. It seems like you always lose the first match and then come back in style. The last few that you won vs. hax, your match vs scar at big house... That is definitely something I need to work on. I beat gravy (pretty good falcon) pretty badly first match and then he came back and convincingly beat me second match and then it was an extremely close third match, which he won. And that seems to be the case with me every damn time. Teach me your ways.

Also, what is a good option after a bair on shield. I try to pivot jab, but I always get grabbed. Should I buffer a roll? Space out of grab range (falcon and marth would just nair/fair me though)? I feel like this is one you would know, Ace.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Kage, the best thing about your falcon matches is your ability to adapt. It seems like you always lose the first match and then come back in style. The last few that you won vs. hax, your match vs scar at big house... That is definitely something I need to work on. I beat gravy (pretty good falcon) pretty badly first match and then he came back and convincingly beat me second match and then it was an extremely close third match, which he won. And that seems to be the case with me every damn time. Teach me your ways.

Also, what is a good option after a bair on shield. I try to pivot jab, but I always get grabbed. Should I buffer a roll? Space out of grab range (falcon and marth would just nair/fair me though)? I feel like this is one you would know, Ace.

Could you tell me why Gravy brought it back on you? Do you have vids maybe? Because I felt like you have mental blocks for having a good critical analysis on your own self.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
I think you're right about that, actually Kage. I can't analyze my playstyle very well, even when I watch vids, and no, none were recorded. But gravy might've been a bad example, actually, because I had a bad case of tournament nerves. I was up two stocks to one (0% to high percent) and he pulled out like two sick zero-death (or near it) combos to finish me off and I just survival DI'd them hoping he would **** up instead of actually thinking haha. In other words, I choked hard.

But take my matches vs scar: the first match on battlefield was decently close, it was last stock (or 2nd stock high percent I don't remember clearly), but then he destroyed me on fountain lol after learning my tricks and adapting to me.

On a better note, I played for the first time since big house yesterday and FINALLY realized I'm in my shield too much and it changed my game, especially vs. Marth because I didn't get grabbed nearly as much, which is the death of me. But then I experimented with not shielding as much vs falco and got wrecked lmao.

Linguini, I always get grabbed before I can even dash away, unless I specifically space it out of grab range. Am I hitting their shield too high?

tm

Smash Ace
probably should always specifically space it out of grab range if they're sheilding. Good **** taking a game off gravy though, he destroyed me lol. Scar might have been sandbagging

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ya never think like that, just focus on your game. You can never find expect someone to **** up and then hoping you'd win that way, always defend yourself then continue to make a game plan.

Top Bottom