• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

tm

Smash Ace
ew I'm with kage, too many hours
I'd probably desensitize myself to life at that point

Kage I'm curious, which characters are you best with, besides ganon?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
The 12s weren't bad. Its working Monday Tuesday 7am to 7pm and then after Wednesday off, u work Thursday 7pm to 7am. The quick switches are whats tough.

Renth

Smash Hero
Damn I wished I could have made it out there. I wanted to show G. Vice some Ganon tech.

I swagged him bro it's all good, he's pretty tight you would have had fun.

Real talk though there was just too much god damn ganon, there was a new ganon player tag is "Dap" He's getting a lot better but seriously. I'm glad col bol, plup, and harriet the guy showed up cause that ganon party was just too much ganon.

Also need to unblock g.vice lol him and I are bros now

TravisT

Smash Apprentice
What's the fastest way to grab the edge if you have to run to it from the other side of, lets say, Battlefield? Is it waveland moonwalk? Would it be faster to wavedash off a platform?

Linguini

Smash Master
I personally like to wavedash forward pivot to waveland off platform --> edge. But technically a moonwalk waveland would be faster and I can't moonwalk for ****

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Perfect wd forward to frame perfect reverse moonwalk fastfall to ledge. Moonwalking out of a wavedash takes some speed and practice but quite a few Ganon mains use it (rockcrock, blackchris). Linguini's way is very fast, probably about the same speed as full dash shorthop fastfall perfect waveland reverse moonwalk fastfall to ledge, imo.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
actually i think he did mean wavedash forward, turn, dj platform waveland fastfall. long as you're not in a super rush, the option to fastfall or not on that platform drop can let you adjust when your invincibility frames happen just the way you want them to.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
got third behind esam and $mike today.

probably should've gone ganon against esam...that junks hard as fox.

kind of miss this character...but i'm trying to properly pass the torch of this states (active) ganon to Skytch, as it was passed to me by jim/ACE.

tm

Smash Ace
Something I like to do is (from all the way on the opposite side of the stage) DJ ledgedash off the first platform, fast-fall perfect waveland, moonwalk DJ reverse ledge dash off the second platform, fast-fall grab ledge. Probably not the fastest way though.

Today I played some of the michigan guys again, and I'm definitely getting better. After analyzing some Linguini vids I have a better handle on what to do in the neutral game vs fox. Time to learn the falco matchup better.

Hey kage, did you ever watch my bracket vid? I'd love some more help before the Big House.
(relink) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0jHIqVglpo

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Lol but then I always get owned by Pkm and Unknown. It's too hard to beat them. =( Though at least last week I managed to beat pkm a set 3-0 in winners finals but he come back in GF. *Sigh*

tm

Smash Ace
does Pkm always pick sheik against you? I feel like you wouldn't have much trouble vs his other characters

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ya he does, his other characters I have less trouble with but KK gave me some recent tips against Sheik that I can use like using the crouching cancel to break her options which then makes her grab or fair a lot more predictable. Because if she jabs or ftilt/dtilt then I can get a free grab into cg.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
Yeah I know as fox I can cc shine or cc dtilt her whole moveset it seems. I think ganons dtilt is to slow,, but grab is definitely a good answer, long as she isn't crouching -_-

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Yeah I know as fox I can cc shine or cc dtilt her whole moveset it seems. I think ganons dtilt is to slow,, but grab is definitely a good answer, long as she isn't crouching -_-

Well if she already attacked, Im sure you have enough time to punish, just have to be pretty much frame perfect lol.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
I swagged him bro it's all good, he's pretty tight you would have had fun.

Real talk though there was just too much god damn ganon, there was a new ganon player tag is "Dap" He's getting a lot better but seriously. I'm glad col bol, plup, and harriet the guy showed up cause that ganon party was just too much ganon.

Also need to unblock g.vice lol him and I are bros now

Ah, at least someone showed him some Ganon flare, btw I got a new tech for everyone to try out. It gives you full options off the ledge with added invincibility. You have to be really quick, like almost 1-2 frames apart. Anyways, grab the ledge and you have to make Ganon manually get back on the ledge, one his feet touch the ground instantly jump and pivot the control to go the other way (or pivot rather) if done right, Ganon should have a second jump with full invincibility. You can go for a an instant fast fall dair (that'll break through their shield if done right and you won't be punished, even with shine) you can also switch for dair of any aerial of your choosing and of course the opponents position. Wish I could get a vid demonstrating all this but all in good time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqI7WuG-ln8 <---very similar to this except you can keep your jump if needed. (shout-outs to my boy Looshkin)

Top Bottom