• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Renth

Smash Hero
I think about a year or so. That wasn't a shot dude uuaa would **** me up hard, it was an entertaining set to watch is all.

Hahah I didn't say it was, I got out played. The two players I lost to were better than me. I'm just saying, using old vids are reference is not a good thing :)

I mean.. I beat silent swag that was a year ago he'd probably trash my **** now.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Hahah I didn't say it was, I got out played. The two players I lost to were better than me. I'm just saying, using old vids are reference is not a good thing :)

I mean.. I beat silent swag that was a year ago he'd probably trash my **** now.

Well, the knowledge of the game doesnt really disappear, unless his really evolved to another level then you still a chance. I mean I really believe that in order to change your level you need to reinvent yourself almost, meaning trying out new ways to push your game forward. From what i've seen on streams recently, let's say the current top 10-50... they haven't changed that much, which means the chances for me to beat these guys even though I havent gone to tournaments is about the same than from a year ago.

It's either that or all players grow at the same time or they stayed the same level. At that point it's more of a matter of consistency, the actual level between those top guys are actually pretty similar but they certainly didn't look that impressive even in 1 year they've been doing what they always did.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
http://smashboards.com/threads/mice-results-orlando-fl-71-entrants.340121/ I lost to Uuaa and Pi. Uuaa is a fox in hboxs crew who recently started playing again surprised how solid he still was, Pi very good samus, I had little match up exp ate too many missiles. Match one he slapped my **** match 2 i adapted and things were going a lot better too little to late.

http://www.twitch.tv/smashstudios/b/447167049

@ 27:00 the only match I was in that got recorded was a doubles set with Ian (eikelmann and I) vs. Col bol / Harriet the Guy.

holy crap that video is laggy
actually got around to watching that. ****tiest stream/commentator i've ever seen.

tm

Smash Ace
that's right. I haven't played with them much, but went to a cleveland tourney earlier this year and they were there, as well as some PA guys (lake, naka, carrol)

unfortunately it's more of a drive over there than it is for me to go to ann arbor or detroit, which both have a lot of good MI players, so I don't see much ohio action

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
that's right. I haven't played with them much, but went to a cleveland tourney earlier this year and they were there, as well as some PA guys (lake, naka, carrol)

unfortunately it's more of a drive over there than it is for me to go to ann arbor or detroit, which both have a lot of good MI players, so I don't see much ohio action
We have bi weekly smashfests in South Bend. That's only like 2 hours from NW Ohio if u ever wanna play with the homies.

tm

Smash Ace
I'm part of the PGH crew. You should definitely go over their way, they're all good.
I ought to sometime. Any big(ger) events coming up sometime?

We have bi weekly smashfests in South Bend. That's only like 2 hours from NW Ohio if u ever wanna play with the homies.
Not bad. I would definitely come check it out. Who else plays there?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I found out no matter how hard I train my alts, my Ganon is always better.

I also rediscovered the joys of playing smash in a normal state meaning not drunk or high. Been on something since at least 2 years. =/ Now I really felt like my reactions were retardedly good again. I felt on point, like.. it was really nice. *sigh* lol Question is why I did this to myself remains a mystery, I guess part of the reason why is that I couldn't follow my life goal exactly how I wanted maybe.. Or perhaps smoking definitely helped me at some point in my life but then became destructive and I knew it too. Man, the consequences of your actions huh?

tm

Smash Ace
I recall once reading something along the lines of you having to suppress your powers, otherwise the warrior would be too strong :p
time to unleash the beast kage

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I recall once reading something along the lines of you having to suppress your powers, otherwise the warrior would be too strong :p
time to unleash the beast kage
Hehe the physical beast is starting to form as well. I'm on step 2 of my goal, I think having good physical will help me as well if I play smash but of course it's far from my real goal now, going to tournaments is mainly for fun and of course kick some ass. The reason why I have no choice to do this is because I'm not my young self anymore where I could play smash every 2nd day. =P

tm

Smash Ace
no johns, you better WIN big house 3 or retire for life
jk. I seriously am looking forward to meeting/ playing you though. Keep it up

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
thanks man! trying to keep him in the shadows, but he has to escape into the light here and there. tryin to keep him crisp so during my rise to greatness, i can effectively shout you guys out.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Lawl, yea dude. Once you get top 5 at a major with the big man.

Yo and tm marth and falcon are my two best matchups, gimme some time when I'm not studying for organic ****ing chemistry (****ing god damn chemistry ****ing ****)

tm

Smash Ace
dude organic chemistry is some deep ****. Luckily I only had to take 1 sem. of chem

and don't get me wrong I don't completely suck at those matchups, it's also that taki is a much better player than I am. But I'm sure you guys will help me out. I'm guessing DI is gonna be one of the main things I need to work on

Divinokage

Smash Legend
dude organic chemistry is some deep ****. Luckily I only had to take 1 sem. of chem

and don't get me wrong I don't completely suck at those matchups, it's also that taki is a much better player than I am. But I'm sure you guys will help me out. I'm guessing DI is gonna be one of the main things I need to work on
We'll see.. I can see your weakness! lol.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
orgo was fun. kinda miss teaching that lab :) now i'm all graduated and ****.

i was working at procter and gamble as a chemist but this is my last weekend. they were on this janky 12 hour rotation and i couldn't take it any longer lol. hopefully i'll find something else soon.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
We are not you, if I do more than 60 hours a week, there's no way to function. You arent supposed to live to survive, you don't work to make money, you work by using hours of your life. lol.

Top Bottom