• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
maybe he means a lack of available setups that could record.

i've been learning canuck as a 2nd language lately.

wtffff that's pretty sick dude. i've 1v1'd rapha and lost-cauze before, but nothing as serious as you and dahang. you're a lucky man.

do you play ql still? or just q2?

sadly i was never as big on quake as i was on 1.6 or other half life mods, but back in 03-06 i played with boms and kstrike from team 3d when they were in their prime. i've competed with a couple of teams in CAL before they went bankrupt for 1.6, day of defeat, and team fortress 2.

i've always wanted to get really good at quake/tribes though.
i'm feeling bad polluting the ganon boards with non ganon things.. i'll pm you

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
link and young link have great mobility and projectiles.

ness does not.
mobility??

ylink >> ness >> link

Ness's fully spaced fair is so gay..... you should get acquanted with it. and robo is right, the djc allows for a lot more mobility and options in general. Ness sucks but you have to respect his good approaches.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
check it out ganons. today is my birthday. and I don't share it with any other smashers. only me out of 124,736 users

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
There is no respect for a char like Ness. I respect YL because I know that if he gets the lead, I'm going to shoot myself for playing a char like Samus. Same goes for Link. Ness can go die in a pit for all I care.
I don't even play ness and I'd smoke your Ganon like a philly blunt dawg, believe it.

edit: happy bday ripple

PSS. Nice Unholy combo reference jason

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
No, he'd definitely take it out. He might not sound like it, but Ace is actually an ace at this game. He's like Ace Rimmer, only better.

That being said, the Ness matchup is definitely in Ganon's favor. Ness should never make it back on stage, and Ganon has a lot of ways to easily get Ness off stage. You still have to respect Ness, though, because he can do some good stuff, like that Fair, and various DJC things.

I'm not going to say happy birthday ripple, because I know you're expecting me to say it.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
obviously ganon beats ness but hardly anyone knows the matchup. If you exploit ness's gimmicks to the max you'll give a lot of solid ganon players hell until they figure it out. and even then, his fair is nuts and ganon is just as dead offstage as ness is (at high level play).

G. Vice

Smash Lord
To be honest, there's a few characters that don't scare me at all. For instance I'm not afraid of any Bowser anywhere, or Ness for that matter. And ironically, I'm not really scared of any Samus. I realize I'm inexperienced, but still...just no fear for any of them.

Renth

Smash Hero
Anyone here experienced in the Ganon-Zelda matchup?
If she jumps run towards her, that kick don't do much if you're in her face.

If she is going to hit you with a kick, f air the kick. You can win trade for trade, Ganon is heavier than Zelda. Literally, you can win just because of weight and trading that one hit because it's all bad Zelda players do.

Edge guarding is simple as 1,2,3

1. grab the ledge

2. make her land on the stage.

3, Punish her super laggy recovery animation from her up b.

Renth

Smash Hero
Also, you straight up out range dat hoe.

You win the zoning game, It's not like the character actually has an approach at all.

in my opinion the match up is heavily in Ganons favor.

Renth

Smash Hero
I was just watching Blea but I'm doing something else now.

I wish you were coming to Apex, I'd like to meet you.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
ganon v. zelda is lacking quite a bit that other MUs possess. the result being a greater emphasis on knowing and doing the basics of it. if you don't have someone who knows zelda to play, i think that playing as zelda
, and just simply becoming familiar with the elec/non-elec hitboxes, b options, and the fastest moves relative to direction/range, etc. and tying all of this into di,
does a lot for setting this greater-emphasized foundation/basis.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I remember playing thelake quite a bit at pound 5, I think he had 1-2 more wins than me after like 10 games. Pretty solid, really close games. All on battlefield lol. My spacing just wasn't as good then and I lost a bunch of exchanges I shouldn't have. Zelda isn't really a big deal imo. Just can't sleep on her (ganon can't really sleep on any char)

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I remember playing thelake quite a bit at pound 5, I think he had 1-2 more wins than me after like 10 games. Pretty solid, really close games. All on battlefield lol. My spacing just wasn't as good then and I lost a bunch of exchanges I shouldn't have. Zelda isn't really a big deal imo. Just can't sleep on her (ganon can't really sleep on any char)
What do you mean he can't sleep on her? My Ganon has slept with Zelda plenty of times.

Renth

Smash Hero
He is the Lake make no mistake.

Also, Ian. Majorly of Zeldas I play abuse up smash out of shield, I don't see neutral b out of shield much... what can you even do after that? dash attack? sounds like a really poor anti-pressure tactic (not that ganon can actually pressure someone anyway)

Renth

Smash Hero
Don't mind somethings I say, I'm insane and think everything can combo into everything regardless of character lol

Top Bottom